Page 1002 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 290295299299899910001001100210031004100510061012105211022002 ... LastLast
Results 25,026 to 25,050 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    Y ground/fighting?

or maybe larion can have a split evo and have that
    He means against Aggron

e.g. they used a ground/ fighting move on aggron.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Idk, I don't feel dragons are that overpowered (at least not near the same level as Psychic types were in RBY). Granted, they are pretty strong... which is kinda the general representation of dragons in general culture. Adds to the fact that a lot of said overpowered dragon Pokemon are legendaries (many which are banned from general Pokemon competitions by Pokemon themselves), and the fact they don't have a lot of Pokemon representing the types like say Water, which has a lot of strong Pokemon too - just more not-so-strong as Dragon.
    finally give Poison some use and serve as Dark's polar opposite.
    Except that if you look at how the Dark type is represented and especially so for the Japanese games, the opposite of it is Fighting already. Psychic is the use of mind over brawn, which gets beaten by the 'dirty' fighting style of Dark types (just look at the movepool - Sucker Punch, Faint Attack, Pursuit, etc etc). The 'pure' fighting type beats the dirty tactics (ie the notion of hard work and pure strength trumping 'cheating', I suppose). I'd say that Dark type doesn't need the polar opposite deal, and if it then then I would have thought previous gen, with the Ying and Yang theme with the two dragon legendaries, would have been the ideal time to bring in a type to 'oppose' dark types.

Rumours about a new Light type were rifle then too, and nothing came of it. It happens every generation, hence my current scepticism over this latest round.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by GatedSunOne View Post
    Thanks for replying. I honestly wouldn't have made that assumption if I didn't have hope for Fairy Type, in some sense.

If it is real and Xerneas ends up at least part Fairy (Steel/Fairy would cause the apocalypse, so Grass/Fairy it is?), I will buy X just to gain the competitive edge on those overgrown lizards. XD
    Steel/Fairy legendary is fine bc it is not allowed in WiFi Event tournaments and mahile being steel/fairy will be a boost for it.

I think we're in desperate need for special based ground type moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

To the point of dual type moves, remember gen. 5 introduced combination moves. They are the Oths when used together..and nobody ever does. Could be the "Dual-type" situation too. We could get one move each that is the same type as the starters and that's it. I see it as a huge gimmick, which makes it a bit more plausible, but still not likely.

I'd like to see a Bug water type with Surf and hoping for a Spinda Evo so Spinda can get some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    He means against Aggron

e.g. they used a ground/ fighting move on aggron.
    oh -__- My bad.... i missread it
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Pandamon will be fighting/dark when it evolves, calling it, just hope it's not weak to fighting
    Ya friendly neighborhood poketroll.

My X team so far: Reya the Fennekin (named after girlgonegamer on youtube), MyNiqqaritehere and or Kung fu panda the Yachamu or whatever that panda thing's name was, and the Green Ranger gogoat powerangers niqqa.

Real niqqa talkin', sit ya butt down

or the dual type could actally happen in double battle like say pikachu used Thunder bolt and Glacion used Icebeam it could become an electrafied icebeam
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Idk, I don't feel dragons are that overpowered (at least not near the same level as Psychic types were in RBY). Granted, they are pretty strong... which is kinda the general representation of dragons in general culture. Adds to the fact that a lot of said overpowered dragon Pokemon are legendaries (many which are banned from general Pokemon competitions by Pokemon themselves), and the fact they don't have a lot of Pokemon representing the types like say Water, which has a lot of strong Pokemon too - just more not-so-strong as Dragon.
    Except that if you look at how the Dark type is represented and especially so for the Japanese games, the opposite of it is Fighting already. Psychic is the use of mind over brawn, which gets beaten by the 'dirty' fighting style of Dark types (just look at the movepool - Sucker Punch, Faint Attack, Pursuit, etc etc). The 'pure' fighting type beats the dirty tactics (ie the notion of hard work and pure strength trumping 'cheating', I suppose). I'd say that Dark type doesn't need the polar opposite deal, and if it then then I would have thought previous gen, with the Ying and Yang theme with the two dragon legendaries, would have been the ideal time to bring in a type to 'oppose' dark types.

Rumours about a new Light type were rifle then too, and nothing came of it. It happens every generation, hence my current scepticism over this latest round.
    were it any other case, your skepticism would be 100% viable. but never has there been this much commotion over a type, let alone a single pokemon who's type cannot be determined by it's appearance at all. and I'm not saying it's definitely real, but I really don't see why GF would milk this sylveon type drought for so long if it's not a new type. at this point I'd be more surprised if sylveon didn't turn out to be fairy type. there's no concrete proof that it exists, but there's a lot of hints that are making me believe it's true.

Believe me, I share in your skepticism but you have to admit not only Dragons, but Fighting types have made there way to the top as well in this past generation, and while Psychic and Flying moves are semi Popular, the Rock and Ground moves, not to mention No Guard, Iron Fist and the Elemental Punches, give Fighting types the power to decimate potential threats, something that could act as a parallel "Defense" to fighting types "Attack" would be nice

or the dual type could actally happen in double battle like say pikachu used Thunder bolt and Glacion used Icebeam it could become an electrafied icebeam
    Reminds me of pokemon advanced the anime series where Ash would fuse attacks sometimes. I'd love that a lot.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    Reminds me of pokemon advanced the anime series where Ash would fuse attacks sometimes. I'd love that a lot.
    yeah like that.....like when Pikachu and swellow gained Electrifed bodies During a double battle at that gym and etc
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

were it any other case, your skepticism would be 100% viable. but never has there been this much commotion over a type, let alone a single pokemon who's type cannot be determined by it's appearance at all. and I'm not saying it's definitely real, but I really don't see why GF would milk this sylveon type drought for so long if it's not a new type.
    Having modded forums since the days of Platinum coming out I'm going to have to disagree there. =p Info on the Unova dragons had also been kept away for a while, and the amount of reaction from the fandom about Light types was pretty much on par to this (only this has started today - people were going on about Light types for months). It could be just Game Freak trying to keep people interested in the new Eeveelution for a while yet given it's reveal was many months ahead of the game's release. They used it to get excited about the games; now they may be just trying to keep people excited about it rather than forget it in favour of the new info. That's what they did with the Dragon Pokemon with 5th gen, and there's other cases of this too by Pokemon. They hyped up a new Pokemon - turned out to be Pichu with a notched ear. Big new announcement this week on the-oh it's just some merchandise. And so forth.

I also feel that if they wished to adjust the typings then there are other ways to go about it as well (doesn't the metagame change from gen to gen anyhow? New typings/moves/Pokemon tend to shift the power balance a lot, unless you're Flareon =p). That, and maybe they don't want to change it too much this time around in regards to Dragon (which, if there is meant to be a type that's in general better than others, makes sense for it to be Dragon type as I mentioned on the previous page). Not to say that your post isn't a good one in presenting points for the new typing, GatedSunOne!

Of course, the new typing could be a real thing. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm just going to give it little though until there's more credible info for it. The general fandom assumptions have been wrong over and over after all. (People called the initial info on Platinum fake because 'it wasn't called Pokemon Opal', for example.)
    Last edited by bobandbill; 12th May 2013 at 3:40 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

yeah like that.....like when Pikachu and swellow gained Electrifed bodies During a double battle at that gym and etc
    oh the infamous thunder armour hahaha
    that'd be interesting to see in double battles but it would basically make the pledge moves useless since they don't offer much besides the gimmick they are.

I'm really hoping for Grass/Rock on Chespin. I can see it being almost like a knight, with maybe big shoulders, long claws, and a tail with a ball with spikes. Keeping the hat though, with a horn.

As for Fennekin, I think it should be very feminine. Fire/Psychic would be best IMO. Hey, if Chespin is going to be knight like, why not make a "royal" theme with the starters? Anyway, I'm hoping that the fire hair comes out of it's ears and makes a necklace with a orb on it. With red markings on it's legs and two tails dipped with red. Keeping the tan coloring of the body.

This may suprise people, but I'm really, really, hoping for Water/Dragon on Froakie. It could be a king with fin like dragon things on it's head making a crown (Think of Dragonite's Wings, but smaller I guess). Then, a moustache with Dragon Whiskers, like Magikarp kind of. Huge cloud as as a tail (think Whimsicott maybe?), along with clouds around it's wrists. Can learn fly and floats on clouds. Has sharp edges on arms, a bit like Gabite, but thinner with two on each.

Those are my hopes Starter Wise, I wanted to know peoples opinion on this.

Or what if in this Gen they Dicover a an Ancient Magikarp Fossil from like 100,000 years ago from when they were said to have been stronger

and revive it it could have an ancient magikarp look but its name could be "Megakarp" or somthin.....

and evolve into an ancient verson of Gyarados with a ancient look and name like "Megalados" or somthin like that
    Last edited by Gergenator; 12th May 2013 at 3:47 AM.
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    I'm really hoping for Grass/Rock on Chespin. I can see it being almost like a knight, with maybe big shoulders, long claws, and a tail with a ball with spikes. Keeping the hat though, with a horn.

As for Fennekin, I think it should be very feminine. Fire/Psychic would be best IMO. Hey, if Chespin is going to be knight like, why not make a "royal" theme with the starters? Anyway, I'm hoping that the fire hair comes out of it's ears and makes a necklace with a orb on it. With red markings on it's legs and two tails dipped with red. Keeping the tan coloring of the body.

This may suprise people, but I'm really, really, hoping for Water/Dragon on Froakie. It could be a king with fin like dragon things on it's head making a crown (Think of Dragonite's Wings, but smaller I guess). Then, a moustache with Dragon Whiskers, like Magikarp kind of. Huge cloud as as a tail (think Whimsicott maybe?), along with clouds around it's wrists. Can learn fly and floats on clouds. Has sharp edges on arms, a bit like Gabite, but thinner with two on each.

If a knight then I think Grass/Steel would be better for Chespin. Very few weaknesses. Unfortunately, my gut tells me it will likely be Grass/Fighting or Grass/Dark. Both loaded with weakness including a 4X.

I don't blame you for the skepticism, at all. Though to my defense I already knew of how Dark doesn't really exist in Japan and how Fighting kind of fits the role of its opposite. I think the ''legend'' behind Aura Sphere proved that, so that's why I called it wishful thinking at best. CX

Still, I made that mention you quoted based on the guess Fairy Type may be renamed to something seen as an opposite to darkness, though (To what is anyone's guess, and that's even if Gen Six has any new types at all.). If Yveltal really is Dark like Hiro said, my assumption of opposition between it and Xerneas would speak for itself... at least in typing; and again that's assuming that Fairy mechanic is true. Which it likely isn't. XD

Wow, now I sound brainwashed on rumors...maybe I'll stop. They don't HAVE to be opposites, here.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

Am hoping for the secondary type circle

Froakie... a dragon floating on clouds... maybe too much like altaria in that respect?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Rumors just cause us to torture ourselves. Might be best to close eyes and come back in a month. We all know we are going to buy the game anyways.

Or what if in this Gen they Dicover a an Ancient Magikarp Fossil from like 100,000 years ago from when they were said to have been stronger

and revive it it could have an ancient magikarp look but its name could be "Megakarp" or somthin.....

and evolve into an ancient verson of Gyarados with a ancient look and name like "Megalados" or somthin like that
    Well, I think Stunfisk should get an evo rather than a new kind of Magikarp this gen. Stunfisk was the derpy fish pokemon of fifth generation, and in the odd numbered gens, there is always a derpy fish that evolves into some awesome serpent or dragon fish. So Stunfisk could find a cool evo this generation perhaps?
    bobandbill, what are your thoughts on a Stunfisk evo in general?

I'll laugh if Dunsparce turns into one of these Epic Prehistoric Dragons as an Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Well, I think Stunfisk should get an evo rather than a new kind of Magikarp this gen. Stunfisk was the derpy fish pokemon of fifth generation, and in the odd numbered gens, there is always a derpy fish that evolves into some awesome serpent or dragon fish. So Stunfisk could find a cool evo this generation perhaps?
    bobandbill, what are your thoughts on a Stunfisk evo in general?
    i said ancient Magicarp from when they were stronger as the Dex once said
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Page 1002 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 290295299299899910001001100210031004100510061012105211022002 ... LastLast