Page 102 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 2529298991001011021031041051061121522021102 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I would like to see more Ghost and Dark Types much more early in the game..
    Well, you could get Spritiomb right after you got the Pokédex in B2W2 :P

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    They can easily just keep Normal/Flying for the regional Bird, and do more Bird Pokemon, they do it all the time anyways.
    QUOTE=Bolt the Cat;15621807]For ****'s sake, they better not make another Normal/Flying regional bird. They need to stop making Pokemon so stereotypical, it's really unimaginative.[/QUOTE]

We have had many bird Pokemon through the generations and I will admit it has gotten stale as 90% suck(the only viable one is Staraptor who was good enough to be banned from UU but not good enough for OU due to it's typing...)

An interesting solution that I can only ope GF will think of is they could have a Pokemon that starts out as normal/flying but trades the normal type for something else... Following the trend of Staraptor (who could use fighting type moves) I say a fighting flying evo at lv 40ish not only would the improved typing give it a better STAB but it remove its rock weakness w/ the right stats we could then finally have a bird that didn't fall into disuse... aka everyone happy... (I know it will not happen but it would be the ideal solution..)

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I would like to see more Ghost and Dark Types much more early in the game..
    We need more ghost types i general...

Edit why is the quote not working they need a multi quote option or something...
    Last edited by Dragrath; 23rd January 2013 at 10:24 PM.
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Breloom Evolution? It's already OU right now. An evolution would make it OP.
    I have no idea what OU and OP mean :/

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Hoothoot has an evolution, I'd like to introduce you to my good friend Noctowl.
    Ledyba also already has an evolution, also meet my good friend Ledian.
    Whoops, I meant evo's of Noctowl and Ledian, but I guess it can only have a prevo or an evo. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    QUOTE=Bolt the Cat;15621807]For ****'s sake, they better not make another Normal/Flying regional bird. They need to stop making Pokemon so stereotypical, it's really unimaginative.
    We have had many bird Pokemon through the generations and I will admit it has gotten stale as 90% suck(the only viable one is Staraptor who was good enough to be banned from UU but not good enough for OU due to it's typing...)

An interesting solution that I can only ope GF will think of is they could have a Pokemon that starts out as normal/flying but trades the normal type for something else... Following the trend of Staraptor (who could use fighting type moves) I say a fighting flying evo at lv 40ish not only would the improved typing give it a better STAB but it remove its rock weakness w/ the right stats we could then finally have a bird that didn't fall into disuse... aka everyone happy... (I know it will not happen but it would be the ideal solution..)

We need more ghost types i general...

Edit why is the quote not working they need a multi quote option or something...[/QUOTE]

No what we need are better ghost type combinations.
    Try Ghost/Psychic, or how about Ghost/Fighting, Ghost/Grass, and personel favorite Ghost/Normal!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by applemania View Post

Whoops, I meant evo's of Noctowl and Ledian, but I guess it can only have a prevo or an evo. My bad.
    OU = overused
    OP = overpowered
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

It has to do w/ completive battling. OP means Over Powered (which means it would be too strong aka like Mewtwo)

while OU is the main competitive tier of battling in Pokemon (or the main meta game) What the guy was trying to say is you would be giving and evolution to an already top tier Pokemon...

Of course part of the problem is Nintendo doesn't care about battling for instances many of the legendaries that are banned are ranked as lower tier but banned due to their event or mascot legendary status ( Mew & Kyurem(standard form) come to mind respectively) while Pokemon like Excadrill are allowed despite not being balanced.

QUOTE=BBtheASH;15622265]No what we need are better ghost type combinations.
    Try Ghost/Psychic, or how about Ghost/Fighting, Ghost/Grass, and personel favorite Ghost/Normal![/QUOTE]
    I was going by ghost being the type with least amount of Pokemon but yes I have long hoped for ghost combos... particularly Ghost/Grass(for the suport options it could gain) Ghost/Psychic(which would have only 2 weaknesses(though both would be *4) and ghost/normal(which would only be weak to dark) though I also want a ghost/steel w/ levitate... that would be a cool Pokemon...
    Edit- (-_-) it didn't quote again...
    Last edited by Dragrath; 23rd January 2013 at 10:45 PM.
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

OU = Over used: Pokémons that are used a little too much. Often seen in fights against other people in tournaments and such.

OP = Over powered: Pokémons that are way too strong.

I like the idea of them doing a very Defense-oriented regional bird rather than Attack-based. It could be some hugely puffy looking thing. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post

Edit why is the quote not working they need a multi quote option or something...
    Noctowl is another very viable battler.

btw, your quotes aren't working because they're all missing the first bracket. just insert a [ in front.
    And there IS a multi-quote option...
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

For the regional bird, I would like it to be not Normal, but maybe Grass or even Fire. Just imagine how sweet it would be to have a Bird made of leaves, similar to this:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...79&tx=66&ty=80
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

Since this is the Dex discussion thread... why not actually discuss the Pokédex? I imagine the top screen could be a hologram fo the Pokémon with full 3D rotation, and the bottom screen would have all the info.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    Since this is the Dex discussion thread... why not actually discuss the Pokédex? I imagine the top screen could be a hologram fo the Pokémon with full 3D rotation, and the bottom screen would have all the info.
    It might be like the Pokedex 3D Pro, with locations and form changes added in.
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    It might be like the Pokedex 3D Pro, with locations and form changes added in.
    That would be awesome!

But on another note of the regional bird. It would be pretty cool if they made the final evolution Fighting/Flying. Staraptor could have easily filled that spot, but it didn't. But I doubt that this will happen and we will see a new Normal/Flying bird. IMO, I am not disappointed with the designs they have been given or that they are always that typing. However, I do suggest a better move pool because they do basically learn the same moves. The only regional bird that I have completely disliked is Swellow. It is absolutely useless. It's move pool is horrible and its stats aren't the best. I think the only unique bird we have ever had is Staraptor with the only regional bird knowing Close Combat. I hope the next regional Bird actually has a good move set.
    White FC: 026097666713

Black 2 FC:219464649535

Pokemon X FC: 1435 4420 0503

Maybe a possible Pinsir evolution, I mean, fans have been requesting that for years now.

Help these dragons live, click on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    For the regional bird, I would like it to be not Normal, but maybe Grass or even Fire. Just imagine how sweet it would be to have a Bird made of leaves, similar to this:
    I hate that. I would KILL GF if they did that. Kill them. I'm sorry, but it's just ugly. Although I find the Normal/Flying types getting a little repetitive (It doesn't really bother me THAT much) I would much rather have another clone bird than that. But, I'd actually like to see a three evo bird that gains Steel typing in it's last stage, and become a better, more powerful, Skarmory. I wanna see another armoured bird!
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    in gen three there was already a flying/grass tropius

it would be intersting to see more flying electric types

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Who cares? It's a boring tradition, and it reflects a lack of creativity. I'm sick of seeing the every regional whatever have the same type, similar designs, and similar movesets, it makes them feel like clones of each other.
    Didn't Purrloin break the mode for the regional cats & Bibarel for the regional rodents?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Didn't Purrloin break the mode for the regional cats & Bibarel for the regional rodents?
    Purrloin did no such thing. It was just the new Poochyena.
    Hat by wolfy.

One combo I want to see is a ghost/flying type with the ability of Mummy.

I see one Pokemon that is a Poochyena/Purrlion, which will come early in the Pokedex and it is a dark type.

Pokemon that need an evolution (statwise) or perhaps new moves:
    Raticate, Arbok, Persian, Parasect, Seaking, Electrode, Farfetch'd, Dodrio, Ledian, Ariados, Furret, Sunflora, Unown, Girafarig, Shuckle, Dunsparce, Corsola, Magcargo, Delibird, Smeargle, Stantler, Migthyena, Linoone, Masquerain, Delcatty, Sableye, Mawile, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Torkoal, Spinda, Castform, Keckleon, Bibarel, Kricketune, Mothim, Wormadam, Watchog, Liepard, Basculin, Maractus, Alomomola, Cryogonal and Stunfisk.

Maybe one could name more. But these pokemon lack good stats (or a good movepool) and need an evolution.

But like we have seen in the past, there will be a lot decent/strong pokemon that get an evolution. I guess that there will be around the 120-150 new pokemon. With roughly 40 (pre-)evolutions. Because the game seems to be based in France and therefore a lot of pokemon would be based on france or french myths (not all of course!) I would think we can expect to see these pokemon with evolutions/ pre evolutions.

- Mr mime evolution (well duh..)
    - Sudowoodo evolution (because it is also a mimic pokemon)
    - Sunflora evolution (Vincent van gogh..)
    - Smeargle evolution (same reason..)
    - Stanler evolution (well it is a deer)
    - Girafarig evolution (it seems related to Stantler)
    - Sableye evolution (a bit like a joker) possible pre-evo
    - Mawile evolution (because it is related to Sableye) possible pre-evo
    - Magcargo evolution (escargot)
    - Stunfisk evolution
    - Jynx evolution
    - Pinsir evolution
    - Noctowl evolution
    - Farfetch'd evolution
    - Dark gothorita evolution (witch like)
    - Male combee evolution
    - Eevee evolution (x2) I guess Ground and Steel
    - Arcanine (loyal to it's trainer.. dogs being loyal when hunting.. possibly..)

Some evolutions make no sense so I guess we will get these as well:

- Tropius evolution
    - Druddigon evolution
    - Rapidash evolution
    - Heracross evolution

I think these pokemon will be used as unrelated new pokemon:
    - Partridge (as regional bird, with high defensive stats)
    - Bear (a new brown bear, maybe even kodiak bear)
    - Wolf (it lives there and plays a role in many fairy tales from france)
    - Lynx (not yet used as a pokemon, right?)
    - A new kind of horse pokemon
    - Wild boar (not like Emboar), maybe partly dark..
    - Fossils: Mosasaurus and ....
    - Princess like pokemon (due to the many fairy tales)
    - Frog Prince pokemon (but maybe Froakie is a prince...)
    - Dragon (due to fairy tales)
    - Poodle
    - Geese pokemon

I guess that a lot of this comes true..
    my friendcode is 0146-9705-1096.
    Don't forget to pm your friendcode

Quote Originally Posted by umbreunatic View Post

I think these pokemon will be used as unrelated new pokemon:
    - Partridge (as regional bird, with high defensive stats)
    - Bear (a new brown bear, maybe even kodiak bear)
    - Wolf (it lives there and plays a role in many fairy tales from france)
    - Lynx (not yet used as a pokemon, right?)
    - A new kind of horse pokemon
    - Wild boar (not like Emboar), maybe partly dark..
    - Fossils: Mosasaurus and ....
    - Princess like pokemon (due to the many fairy tales)
    - Frog Prince pokemon (but maybe Froakie is a prince...)
    - Dragon (due to fairy tales)
    - Poodle
    - Geese pokemon

I guess that a lot of this comes true..
    i kind of like these ideas

so here some ideas from star wars which i would like to see have pokemon based off of just to see how they would do them.
    rancor, zillo beast, gorog, nexu, krayt dragon.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    i kind of like these ideas

so here some ideas from star wars which i would like to see have pokemon based off of just to see how they would do them.
    rancor, zillo beast, gorog, nexu, krayt dragon.
    How the heck did Star Wars get into this?

Also, because everyone asking for a farfetch'd evo: Am I the only one who wouldn't want an evo of farfetch'd because of what it's based off of? The entire concept of trading for a farfetch'd is ridiculous because it's a terrible battler, making you the "duck" in the phrase "A duck comes bearing green onions." (what farfetch'd is based off of). The duck is foolish for carrying around its own garnish, the onion (used in kamo nanban soup). The entire point of farfetch'd was that it was useless. I would love farfetch'd getting an evolution from a competitive point of view, but I don't really know if I'd want it and ruin such a creative idea for a pokemon...

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

Well, luck may change and destiny can be tweak.
    BTW, a Stantler evo I always liked now that it was mention.

Anyway, if we will get ANY evos and prevos will be of the 1 to 3rd gen. Fourth and Five will be revised in eight, remark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Well, luck may change and destiny can be tweak.
    BTW, a Stantler evo I always liked now that it was mention.

Anyway, if we will get ANY evos and prevos will be of the 1 to 3rd gen. Fourth and Five will be revised in eight, remark my words.
    What about Seven?

On an unrelated note, someone made a Mine Turtle Fakemon. I will love them forever.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    What about Seven?

On an unrelated note, someone made a Mine Turtle Fakemon. I will love them forever.
    HEYO! -explosion-

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

Someone upoload this:http://25.media.tumblr.com/c8f1a32ea...ah3bo1_500.jpg

is obvious is fake but a mosquito looking mon could be nice!!

Page 102 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 2529298991001011021031041051061121522021102 ... LastLast