Page 103 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 35393991001011021031041051061071131532031103 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Didn't Purrloin break the mode for the regional cats & Bibarel for the regional rodents?
    True, there have been some noteworthy exceptions. Bibarel was part Water. Hoothoot, while still Normal/Flying, has access to Psychic and Ghost type moves. I don't mind those, I'm talking about the ones that aren't.

As for Purrloin, IDK what to make of that one. I don't even think there is such a thing as "regional cats", or at least not yet. You could say that it's 5th gen Poochyena, but then what would that make Lillipup? I don't mind those two that much, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by umbreunatic View Post
    Pokemon that need an evolution (statwise) or perhaps new moves:
    Raticate, Arbok, Persian, Parasect, Seaking, Electrode, Farfetch'd, Dodrio, Ledian, Ariados, Furret, Sunflora, Unown, Girafarig, Shuckle, Dunsparce, Corsola, Magcargo, Delibird, Smeargle, Stantler, Migthyena, Linoone, Masquerain, Delcatty, Sableye, Mawile, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Torkoal, Spinda, Castform, Keckleon, Bibarel, Kricketune, Mothim, Wormadam, Watchog, Liepard, Basculin, Maractus, Alomomola, Cryogonal and Stunfisk.

Maybe one could name more. But these pokemon lack good stats (or a good movepool) and need an evolution.

But like we have seen in the past, there will be a lot decent/strong pokemon that get an evolution. I guess that there will be around the 120-150 new pokemon. With roughly 40 (pre-)evolutions. Because the game seems to be based in France and therefore a lot of pokemon would be based on france or french myths (not all of course!) I would think we can expect to see these pokemon with evolutions/ pre evolutions.

- Mr mime evolution (well duh..) Don't think he NEEDS one but we'd like one
    - Sudowoodo evolution (because it is also a mimic pokemon) I agree. He's go so much potential....
    - Sunflora evolution (Vincent van gogh..) Its already got a baby prevo, why not a Rosarade-esqe evo??
    - Smeargle evolution (same reason..) Don't agree. It's already the the most vast movepool. Improving stats would be overkill...
    - Stanler evolution (well it is a deer) Don't care to see one but still see potential
    - Girafarig evolution (it seems related to Stantler) Same as above.
    - Sableye evolution (a bit like a joker) possible pre-evo Giving him a prevo AND evo would give him a leg up on Spiritomb.
    - Mawile evolution (because it is related to Sableye) possible pre-evo agree
    - Magcargo evolution (escargot) This AMAZING concept of a pokemon definitely needs an upgrade.
    - Stunfisk evolution I still can't understand why he DOESN'T have an evo??
    - Jynx evolution Same as Mr. Mime
    - Pinsir evolution Scyther got an evo, why not its Generation equal??
    - Noctowl evolution I'd love to see a regional bird get an evo.
    - Farfetch'd evolution OMG!!! I've been waiting on one since Gen 2!!!
    - Dark gothorita evolution (witch like) I could see it. Split evos are always nice.
    - Male combee evolution If they can do it without copying Beedrill or taking Vespiquen specialness, I'm on board
    - Eevee evolution (x2) I guess Ground and Steel Still waiting on that Fighting and Dragon, personally
    - Arcanine (loyal to it's trainer.. dogs being loyal when hunting.. possibly..) As much as I LOVE Arcanine....he does NOT need an evo. Prevo, maybe. Arcanine stats are the highest of all non-Legendary Fire-types.

Some evolutions make no sense so I guess we will get these as well:

- Tropius evolution His stats don't match his size, imo. He could use an evo and prevo
    - Druddigon evolution Don't see one, personally...
    - Rapidash evolution A flying unicorn?? Count me in!!
    - Heracross evolution He fine just the way he is. A prevo would be nice, though...

I think these pokemon will be used as unrelated new pokemon:
    - Partridge (as regional bird, with high defensive stats)
    - Bear (a new brown bear, maybe even kodiak bear)
    - Wolf (it lives there and plays a role in many fairy tales from france) LOVE
    - Lynx (not yet used as a pokemon, right?) LOVE!!
    - A new kind of horse pokemon
    - Wild boar (not like Emboar), maybe partly dark..
    - Fossils: Mosasaurus and ....
    - Princess like pokemon (due to the many fairy tales) Mew-esqe??
    - Frog Prince pokemon (but maybe Froakie is a prince...)
    - Dragon (due to fairy tales)
    - Poodle
    - Geese pokemon

I guess that a lot of this comes true..
    Comments in BOLD
    MASTER Pkmn Team

I would love to see a pre-evo for Zangoose and Seviper,
    and I really would like a Mawile evolution too, but I think that won't happen.
    but you never know right?
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    True, there have been some noteworthy exceptions. Bibarel was part Water. Hoothoot, while still Normal/Flying, has access to Psychic and Ghost type moves. I don't mind those, I'm talking about the ones that aren't.

As for Purrloin, IDK what to make of that one. I don't even think there is such a thing as "regional cats", or at least not yet. You could say that it's 5th gen Poochyena, but then what would that make Lillipup? I don't mind those two that much, really.
    I don't think the flying types have ever been like clones... Staraptor brought in the powerhouse bird element lol

As as for regional cats, I believe it's meant to relate to like Meowth - skip - Skitty - Glameow - Purrloin

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Thanks everyone for the OU/OP explanations

If regional pokemon are inevitable, I'd like to see a Mosquito for the bug and maybe a Canary for the bird (Canary islands are close by, cause I expect the French theme will incorporate other aspects of Western Europe). Later on I'd love to see a more powerful Flamingo line in the game, but since it would be water-based i dunno if it would be regional.

I don't quite believe there are such things as "regional" cats, but we sure have a lot of them: Meowth, Skitty, Glameow, Purrloin(dark). Only Gen 2 is missing one I believe

as for "regional" dogs, not quite as many: Snubbull, Poochyena?(dark), Lillipup- Would love to see a Corgi added to this (Welsh lore says the distinct markings on there backs are saddles for fairies, so we could have a fairy-based pokemon introduced as well)
    Last edited by applemania; 24th January 2013 at 2:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post
    As as for regional cats, I believe it's meant to relate to like Meowth - skip - Skitty - Glameow - Purrloin
    They don't really share similar roles, though, and are found at various points in the game. Meowth is an early to mid game Normal type that's typically version exclusive to the secondary version. Skitty is a rare early game Normal type Pokemon. Glameow is a mid game Normal type version exclusive. Purrloin is an early game Dark type. The other regional whatevers have similar locations, typing, rarities, movepools, etc.

Purrloin compares more with Poochyena, same type, similar stats, both found quite frequently within the first few routes of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Someone upoload this:http://25.media.tumblr.com/c8f1a32ea...ah3bo1_500.jpg

is obvious is fake but a mosquito looking mon could be nice!!
    I actually think that pic looks semi-legit. 99% sure it's not, but still. I like all the Pokes shown there...except for that reaper one. Without the scythe in its head maybe...but still. Chespin looks so awesome though! He's such a cute little grass type!

Dunno if anyone's posted yet, but here's a rumour flying about from 4chan. Remember, kids, rumour. Not fact

Due to the “world wide” release of Pokémon X/Y, pre-release information that at this time would usually be reserved for the Japanese branch of the Pokémon Company is now present among the localization departments of the other regions as well (such as NOA, where I am situated), and I have actually seen the full roster of new Pokémon as have quite a few people worldwide due to the difficulty regarding keeping everything under wraps. Thus, I can share a bit of preliminary information about new Pokémon appearing in X/Y.

-More than 100 new Pokémon.

-There are indeed new evolutions and pre-evolutions, most of them focused on Gen V Pokémon. However, a few older Pokémon, including Gen I classics, are getting surprising new developments

-No new types, but there are “Cross-bred” Pokémon introduced. Certain father/mother breeding pairs will result in a visually distinct child, who will be the mother’s species, but will, for example, have a pattern reminiscent of its father or a slightly altered color scheme. This is basically the new Gender Difference and is simply an aesthetic bonus, nothing extreme and only certain pairings result in this…the Pokemon is still considered the species of its mother, it’s not a new species. One example I can give is that it is possible to get certain Pokemon sporting Pikachu’s red cheeks.

-The Starters become Grass/Steel, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Electric. They’re inspired by various European-centric archetypes…Chespin becomes a knight with chestnut armor, Fennekin a wizard with a majestic fur cloak, and Froakie a Nordic Viking with a thunder-cloud mullet/beard combo.

-Xerneas is Ice/Steel, and Yveltal is Fire/Dark. They have a unique ability where they can shift types with each other, Xerneas becoming red and Fire/Steel, and Yveltal becoming blue and Ice/Dark. Supposedly, Game Freak chose the typings in part due to members of the team being fans of R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire, among other reasons.

-Normal: Kendama-based Pokémon. Its main body rides atop a giant ball.

-Grass: A black-bear whose body is made of berries.

-Flying: A peacock with a tail that’s a harp.
    There's more over on Pokejungle but I could not be arsed to copy-paste it all xD

Some of it sounds cool (the cross-bred aesthetics) if rather implausible, but I just don't see Xerneas being an ice type ever? Eh, whatever. Till they give us more to go on, crazy rumours assuage the hunger somewhat ;___;
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

I saw a Stantler evo a long time ago that was a Ghost-type. It kind of resembled a rotting corpse. That'd be cool.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

I always thought a cool evolution idea for Electrode would be a masterball-looking Pokemon, but I doubt it since Electrode didn't look like a better version of a regular pokeball or anything like that.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

I'd like some dual types that haven't been used much, to get at least another.

Fire/Rock-Coal.

Water/Grass-Lilly Pad, there's already Lotad but it's evolutions are more Kappa based, I'd like one that maintains a Lilly Pad theme throughout. There are other Plants that are connected with water though, Seaweed I wouldn't mind.

Electric/Ice-Not sure what it would be based on, could just be an arctic Animal with electricity mixed into it.

Grass/Rock-Moss.

Ice/Grass-Frozen Grass or some kind of frozen Plant.

Fighting/Rock-Not sure, some humanoid thing that has rocks worked into it somehow.

Poison/Flying-Flying Snake.

Bug/Ground-I'm sure there is some Bug out there that can work out for it.

Flying/Steel-Airplane/Rocket.

Psychic/Rock-Meteorite, can connect with Solrock and Lunatone in some way.

Bug/Water-Some Bug that works in water, be it related to Surskit or just something completely different.

Rock/Dark-Some rock monster.

Ghost/Bug-There's probably some kind of Bug that can work, I think there is a "Ghost" Spider, maybe that. Don't really want to look up Bugs, find them interesting in Pokemon but real life...no.

Dragon/Whatever-There's a few that are Legendary only, so I'd like to have at least one that isn't. Steel, Fire, Electric, Ice, or Ghost, Fire would probably be easiest since Dragons are usually related with Fire anyways.

Dark/Fighting-Dirty fighter.

Steel/Water-Put a Fish into some armor or something.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Electric/Ice-Not sure what it would be based on, could just be an arctic Animal with electricity mixed into it. YES

Grass/Rock-Moss. Yeah primarily grass and a little rock, not vice versa like Armaldo.

Fighting/Rock-Not sure, some humanoid thing that has rocks worked into it somehow. That sounds cool.

Bug/Ground-I'm sure there is some Bug out there that can work out for it. Interesting

Flying/Steel-Airplane/Rocket. I had that same idea once!

Rock/Dark-Some rock monster. Now you're talkin!

Dark/Fighting-Dirty fighter. Scrafty

Steel/Water-Put a Fish into some armor or something. Oh hellll no! I must remain unique, even though I'm technically Water/Steel but whatever.
    Cool ideas.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

A good bug for the Bug/Ground typing would be an earwig. Those suckers are nasty.

At first glance you might think, "Oh, Pinsir!" but be not fooled, as it's pincers are actually on the tail as opposed to stag beetles. Why Ground? Why the heck not?
    Last edited by YellowHat's Revenge; 24th January 2013 at 4:30 AM.
    Hat by wolfy.

Do you think Amoongus will get an evo based on a truffle?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Fighting/Rock-Not sure, some humanoid thing that has rocks worked into it somehow.
    Some people have suggested a caveman Pokemon, which I think would be great for Rock/Fighting although it might be because I'm imagining some kind of rock man with a beard, which would be awesome, imo

Maybe a Dung Beetle? GF could make it so it rolls around a ball of dirt with some... other things mixed in
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Do you think Amoongus will get an evo based on a truffle?
    This is the 2nd time I've seen you post this, so I'll bite.
    I, personally, cannot say I think any Pokemon will get any sort of evo or prevo, but I'll tell you that I sure as heck hope he doesn't. But that's just me hating on his design, apologies if you're a fan. haha
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    A good bug for the Bug/Ground typing would be an earwig. Those suckers are nasty.

At first glance you might think, "Oh, Pinsir!" but be not fooled, as it's pincers are actually on the tail as opposed to stag beetles. Why Ground? Why the heck not?
    Those things always freaked me out... probably because as a kid I thought their name meant they'd try to crawl in your ears.

Could be an interesting Pokemon, though. While I could see it being /Ground, I could also see it being /Dark.
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by wunderkind View Post
    Those things always freaked me out... probably because as a kid I thought their name meant they'd try to crawl in your ears.

Could be an interesting Pokemon, though. While I could see it being /Ground, I could also see it being /Dark.
    Yeah, Bug/Dark is another unused combo. I say "another" because while I'm aware Nincada is Bug/Ground, he ditched the combo upon evolution. I don't count him.
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Days are longer and much slowed in the times of new Pkmn reveals. No scientist has ever found out how or why, it just is like that.

There will be 200 New Pokémon and most of them will be evolutions of Emboar. :3
    I love New Pokemon here, but I really don't see an evolution of Emboar, so what r u saying, huh!?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Cool ideas.
    Armaldo? It's Bug/Rock though.

Also, I don't think Scrafty is meant to be a dirty fighter, more of a hip hop/punk Lizard, I'm talking about something that fights using dirty tactics(I don't pay any attention to wrestling or anything of the sort, but I'm pretty sure there is dirty fighting in such things, which is what I was thinking more along the lines of).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Fire/Rock-Coal.

Water/Grass-Lilly Pad, there's already Lotad but it's evolutions are more Kappa based, I'd like one that maintains a Lilly Pad theme throughout. There are other Plants that are connected with water though, Seaweed I wouldn't mind.

Electric/Ice-Not sure what it would be based on, could just be an arctic Animal with electricity mixed into it.

Grass/Rock-Moss.

Ice/Grass-Frozen Grass or some kind of frozen Plant.

Bug/Water-Some Bug that works in water, be it related to Surskit or just something completely different.

Rock/Dark-Some rock monster.

Ghost/Bug-There's probably some kind of Bug that can work, I think there is a "Ghost" Spider, maybe that. Don't really want to look up Bugs, find them interesting in Pokemon but real life...no.

Dragon/Whatever-There's a few that are Legendary only, so I'd like to have at least one that isn't. Steel, Fire, Electric, Ice, or Ghost, Fire would probably be easiest since Dragons are usually related with Fire anyways.

Dark/Fighting-Dirty fighter.

Steel/Water-Put a Fish into some armor or something.
    The Dark/Fighting, "dirty fighter" has already been done; Scraggy.
    The Poison flying sounds cool! No bat's though. Maybe a Mosquito...??

Armaldo? It's Bug/Rock though.

Also, I don't think Scrafty is meant to be a dirty fighter, more of a hip hop/punk Lizard, I'm talking about something that fights using dirty tactics(I don't pay any attention to wrestling or anything of the sort, but I'm pretty sure there is dirty fighting in such things, which is what I was thinking more along the lines of).
    Scrafty learns the move Beat Up. Which is a dark type move, and is definatley fighting dirty; I mean they're 'jumping' pokemon.
    On top of that its known as the Hoodlum pokemon.
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 24th January 2013 at 6:00 AM.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    The Dark/Fighting, "dirty fighter" has already been done; Scraggy.
    The Poison flying sounds cool! No bat's though. Maybe a Mosquito...??

Scrafty learns the move Beat Up. Which is a dark type move, and is definatley fighting dirty; I mean they're 'jumping' pokemon.
    On top of that its known as the Hoodlum pokemon.
    Scrafty does follow rules, like the fighting type typically does, but it's a different set of rules. The rules of street gangs, essentially. That's why it can be dark and fighting without conflict.

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

Dragon/Bug would be really interesting, that's for sure.

Water/Bug could be based on gnats, you tend to find tons of those near water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P

Fun with SI prefixes:

What do you call a 2000 g. mockingbird?

2 kilo Mockingbird

That pun was like 1 trillion bulls: terra-bull

Quote Originally Posted by ninjanerd View Post
    Dragon/Bug would be really interesting, that's for sure.

Water/Bug could be based on gnats, you tend to find tons of those near water.
    Speaking of gnats, we should also have a gnu. Water/something.
    Hat by wolfy.

Fire/Rock-Coal. [Eh, some evo for Magcargo would be nice...some animal near coal?]

Grass/Rock-Moss. LILEEP/CRADILY

Ice/Grass-Frozen Grass or some kind of frozen Plant. SNOVER

Fighting/Rock-Not sure, some humanoid thing that has rocks worked into it somehow. [Eh, decent idea, running along the lines of Terrakion]

NINCADA

Rock/Dark-Some rock monster. TYRANITAR

Ghost/Bug-There's probably some kind of Bug that can work, I think there is a "Ghost" Spider, maybe that. Don't really want to look up Bugs, find them interesting in Pokemon but real life...no. SHEDINJA

Dragon/Whatever-There's a few that are Legendary only, so I'd like to have at least one that isn't. Steel, Fire, Electric, Ice, or Ghost, Fire would probably be easiest since Dragons are usually related with Fire anyways. [Eh, you got us there, even though those types have been already made as Dragon dual-type Legendaries already]

Dark/Fighting-Dirty fighter. SCRAFTY

Steel/Water-Put a Fish into some armor or something. EMPOLEON (technically not a fish, but an armored penguin)
    Gosh, I hope you were kidding with some of those suggestions because there are already those in the various gens...
    Casual Veteran Player (History: Yellow, Silver, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, White, Black, White2, Black2 (current))

I just enjoy the ride

FC's:
    White - 5028-9056-3901 (JT):
    Black - 1764-7304-9723 (Aishi):
    White 2 - 3998-4495-2395 (Rose):
    Black 2 - 2881-8825-5463 (JT):

Page 103 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 35393991001011021031041051061071131532031103 ... LastLast