Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    yeah and it was officially revealed as a Grass type not a dual type Grass/something

though a Grass/Rock Goat would have been cool
    Gogoat being just plain Grass hurts me. I was hoping that thing would get something else alongside it, even if it were just Grass/Normal.

Grass is one of my favorite types, yet it bears the stigma of having the most weaknesses of all types period. Even Gardenia and more recently BW2 Cheren make note of this.

Not that all pokes should be looked at competitively (we wouldn't have prevos restricted to Little Cups if they did), but being pure Grass hurts Gogoat quite a bit...
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

Quote Originally Posted by GatedSunOne View Post
    Grass is one of my favorite types, yet it bears the stigma of having the most weaknesses of all types period.
    Rock does too. Both Grass and Rock have 5 weaknesses.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    Rock does too. Both Grass and Rock have 5 weaknesses.
    People typically refer to Grass in this instance as it is more commonly known and is not as good of an offensive type as Rock.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Gogoat being just plain Grass hurts me. I was hoping that thing would get something else alongside it, even if it were just Grass/Normal.

Grass is one of my favorite types, yet it bears the stigma of having the most weaknesses of all types period. Even Gardenia and more recently BW2 Cheren make note of this.

Not that all pokes should be looked at competitively (we wouldn't have prevos restricted to Little Cups if they did), but being pure Grass hurts Gogoat quite a bit...
    An awesome ability for A grass type would be to swap its weaknesses and strengths you could have everything's it's SE against switch with what resists it and what it's weak to switch with what it resists! Too OP?
    Just give it rubbish defence to the common earthquake to destroy it.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    An awesome ability for a Grass type would be to swap its weaknesses and strengths. You could have everything's it's SE against switch with what resists it and what it's weak to switch with what it resists! Too OP?
    Just give it rubbish defense to the common Earthquake to destroy it.
    This line of thinking reminds me of when Hiro said 'dual type attacks'. Does he mean, per se, an attack could do Fire type damage and yet keep the user's, say, Grass type STAB? I know it's far out and I barely trust the guy, but hey, I might as well put it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    This line of thinking reminds me of when Hiro said 'dual type attacks'. Does he mean, per se, an attack could do Fire type damage and yet keep the user's, say, Grass type STAB? I know it's far out and I barely trust the guy, but hey, I might as well put it out there.
    Hiro didn't say anything about dual type attacks just fyi

Grass is more defensive, it doesn't need much offensive prowess to further more like Ice being offensive oriented in which it doesn't need resistances and has a lot of weaknesses to balance it out.

I was imagining it that if the user did a Grass stab move which would usually be Resisted it would be SE and vice versa.
    So just for that one poke its stabs were flipped upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Hiro didn't say anything about dual type attacks just fyi
    Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
    Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
    Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
    The professor's English name is Patrice.
    The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
    The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
    A few attacks will be dual-typed.
    There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
    You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs

The words of Hiro.

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
    Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
    Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
    The professor's English name is Patrice.
    The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
    The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
    A few attacks will be dual-typed.
    There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
    You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs

The words of Hiro.
    The words of pokebeaches Unidentified source bro.

The words of Pokebeach's unidentified source, bro.
    Ohhhhhhhh... Oops. Scratch everything I said, it's all nonsense.

An awesome ability for A grass type would be to swap its weaknesses and strengths you could have everything's it's SE against switch with what resists it and what it's weak to switch with what it resists! Too OP?
    Just give it rubbish defence to the common earthquake to destroy it.
    I...actually like where that idea's headed. Hey, if they could do a seemingly random ability like Moody, why not this as well? Just slap it on some ''Fairy Type'', and heads will turn instantly.

Though I imagine it'd cause headaches on the type chart for dual typed pokemon. Maybe it'd work best as a new move of some sort, similar to Trick Room/Simple Beam where it swaps the enemy's type effectiveness for 2-3 turns or so...?

Huh. And people thought Stealth Rock was a game changing power. A move/ability like that may be better exclusive to a gimmick pokemon of some kind.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

What if gogoat became fairy typed

Best Legendarys.

The original fire starters. please challenge me FC:2108-9433-6376

I...actually like where that idea's headed. Hey, if they could do a seemingly random ability like Moody, why not this as well? Just slap it on some ''Fairy Type'', and heads will turn instantly.

Though I imagine it'd cause headaches on the type chart for dual typed pokemon. Maybe it'd work best as a new move of some sort, similar to Trick Room/Simple Beam where it swaps the enemy's type effectiveness for 2-3 turns or so...?

Huh. And people thought Stealth Rock was a game changing power. A move/ability like that may be better exclusive to a gimmick pokemon of some kind.
    I'd like to see it on a gimmick poke as more of an ability more than a move. It'd certainly make for an interesting battle if you didn't know about its ability but new it's type. Similar to when I first met sudowoodo and tried using fire moves on it! It would need mediocre stats to balance it out competitively.

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    What if Gogoat became Fairy typed?
    IT WON'T! It is confirmed Grass and tell me, TELL ME, DOES THAT GOAT LOOK LIKE A FAIRY?!
    That is it. That is really it. This post was so thoughtlessly written it put me over the edge. Fairy this, Fairy that! Everything was not born in Pixie Hollow!

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    What if gogoat became fairy typed
    That's an impossibility, now. If the rumor is true though, I'm almost certain either Xerneas or Celebi will end up graced with that typing...that or Steel/Fairy for the former since, you know, it has that ''passing resemblance'' to Dialga.

Maybe it'd work best as a new move of some sort, similar to Trick Room/Simple Beam where it swaps the enemy's type effectiveness for 2-3 turns or so...?

Hmm, that could be fun with Pursuit. Do I switch out to reset my Steel-type's matchups and risk getting socked by an SE Pursuit, or stay in and risk getting smashed by probably the STAB of whatever I'm fighting?

That, and doubles application on something like Mamoswine. Now it resists Fire, Fighting, Grass, Steel, and Water, with a single weakness to Poison (not even thinking about the Electric immunity, though).

if this fairy type is true, I would think celebi deserved the retype to grass/fairy, had it not already been dual-typed from the start. maybe manaphy can get the fairy type or meloetta's aria forme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

I just don't like the idea of legendaries being retyped... I mean, they're legends, been around for ages (in the game world) and to suddenly smack a new type on them, I don't know, just seems wrong.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I just don't like the idea of legendaries being retyped... I mean, they're legends, been around for ages (in the game world) and to suddenly smack a new type on them, I don't know, just seems wrong.
    the rest of the Pokemon have been around for ages in the game world too. and it's not like it's about just retyping any Pokemon for no reason. obviously it would have to come with some sort of explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

So, how does one normally watch Pokemon Smash?
    I'm in Europe, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    So, how does one normally watch Pokemon Smash?
    I'm in Europe, by the way.
    It's not really able to be seen outside Japan unless you know some not so legal avenues.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    It's not really able to be seen outside Japan unless you know some not so legal avenues.
    Right.
    Guess I'll have to wait for someone to post translations of the important stuff.

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    the rest of the Pokemon have been around for ages in the game world too. and it's not like it's about just retyping any Pokemon for no reason. obviously it would have to come with some sort of explanation.
    Retyping any pokemon is kinda stupid.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Retyping any pokemon is kinda stupid.
    Not if they NEED the retype, like the magnets
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Page 1125 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1251025107511151121112211231124112511261127112811291135117512252125 ... LastLast