Page 14 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824641141014 ... LastLast

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

I'm pretty sure there'll be a new Eeveelution. Remember that mysterious post card with the question mark that was put with eeveelution post cards?
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Stuff I want to see get evolutions/pre-evolutions:

- A pre-evolution for Lapras. Mainly because I think a baby Lapras would be cute.

- More Eeveelutions! I will not be content until it evolves sixteen different ways. I'd love to see Ghost and Ground or maybe Steel here.

- I've always wanted to see a branched evolution for Flaafy. I like Amphraos, but it really loses the electric sheep concept after evolving. They could make it a ram with impressive horns and give it an interesting type combination. (Electric/Fighting?)

- Corsola is adorable and has a great movepool ... and is cursed with appalling stats. Crying out for a good evolution.

- Maaaaaybe an evolution for Torkoal. It's pretty neat on its own, but there's plenty of room for improvement and a cool design there.

- An evolution or pre-evolution for Tropius. It's got a great, wacky design and I feel like GameFreak could do more with it.

- Absol is cool and I'd I'd love to see it get an evolutionary relative of some kind.

- An evolution for Pachirisu or Emolga. Unfortunately, we'll probably get yet another new adorable but useless electric rodent instead.

- An evolution for Liepard. It could turn into something that doesn't suck!

I'm actually pretty happy with the evolutionary forms of most of the Generation V Pokemon. I'm sure we'll see some new forms for them, but Liepard is the only one I'd really like to see improved upon.
    Last edited by Andraste; 9th January 2013 at 2:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlueEyes7799 View Post
    Wolly Mammoth and Sabertooth Tiger are good ideas for fossils, but Mamoswine and Raikou already took those animals.

Delcatty is taken from "Delicate cat" IIRC. And it looks like a cat. I dunno where the hell you got poodle. If you're yalking about fur, ayes, some poodles have shaved places and fluffy places, bit Delcatty is suppost to be a fancy, delicate, devine cat with fur smooth as silk.
    I know Delcatty is a cat. Just saying going by fur pattern, it looks like a Poodle. Also the fur shearing on Poodle is a delicacy. So there is that.

Mamoswine is a mixture of Wolly mammoth and a Swine. And Raikou is a Saber-toothed tiger, i grant you that, but it's not like GF don't use same species to make various pokemon. I mean we have had three different lines of turtles/tortoises, and we still got turtle fossil this gen. So there is always a chance. At any rate Mamoswine is missing a trunk; so it is more a swine than a Mammoth really.

And with recent trend fossils always come in pairs and they usually contrast each other pretty well.

Archeops from the sky, Carracosta from the sea.
    Ramparados a spear, Bastiodon a shield.

So I am thining a bulky, slow fossil in a Wolly mammoth and a speedy, sleek fossil in a Sabertooth tiger would be pretty cool. As for secondary types, ice for the mammoth and fighting for the cat kinda works IMO.

Well since Pansear is in the games, I'm guessing the other monkeys will be as well.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    You just listed like 4 colors for 5 regions of birds, only a few actually lap over in colors. Pidgy and Hoothoot do, Spearow, Wingull, Taillow, Starly, and Pidove are all different colors. (Pink, White, Dark Blue, Grey, Brown)
    Pidgey, Spearow, and Hoothoot are all mostly brown. Taillow is dark blue, which is close to black honestly. Starly and Pidove are black and grey. My point was that these are bland colors and I would like a vibrant bird Pokemon for the next region.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Here's an interesting list of common animals in France:

Spoiler:- common animals in France:

Some species in that list already have Pokemon. But majority are not.
    A Dolphin could be the Tentacool/Frillish equivalent. A Preying Mantis could also be pretty cool. Oh, please let there be a lynx.

Quote Originally Posted by chriswilliam92 View Post
    I'm guessing that the 6th generation will continue with the beginning-of-the-adventure bird Pokemon.

Kanto: Pidgey, Spearow
    Johto: Hoothoot
    Hoenn: Taillow, Wingull
    Sinnoh: Starly
    Unova: Pidove

Wingull is really the only one that strays from the bland colors of the others. I was thinking maybe a cardinal or a blue jay since they're colorful. I'm just really tired of the brown/black/grey/dark blue thing that Gamefreak has going on. :|
    The only thing about a Cardnial/Bluejay is that its seem like it'd bee kind of hard to come up with 2/3 evolutions that don't look to similar.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    Pansear receives Froakie's Ice-type attack
    Wow for some stupid reason I was seeing a Patrat in both attacks...tks lol, Pansear looks cool :P.

It's kind of weird, but I've always thought a microscopic Pokemon could be cool. It could be like gen 1 where you need a special item to see/catch it. I'm not sure how it would translate battle-wise (probably a poison type) but it would certainly be interesting.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraste View Post

- A pre-evolution for Lapras. Mainly because I think a baby Lapras would be cute.

- More Eeveelutions! I will not be content until it evolves sixteen different ways. I'd love to see Ghost and Ground or maybe Steel here.

- I've always wanted to see a branched evolution for Flaafy. I like Amphraos, but it reallyi loses the electric sheep concept after evolving. They could make it a ram with impressive horns and give it an interesting type combination. (Electric/Fighting?)

- Corsola is adorable and has a great movepool ... and is cursed with appalling stats. Crying out for a good evolution.

- Maaaaaybe an evolution for Torkoal. It's pretty neat on its own, but there's plenty of room for improvement and a cool design there.

- An evolution or pre-evolution for Tropius. It's got a great, wacky design and I feel like GameFreak could do more with it.

- Absol is cool and I'd I'd love to see it get an evolutionary relative of some kind.

- An evolution for Pachirisu or Emolga. Unfortunately, we'll probably get yet another new adorable but useless electric rodent instead.

I'm actually pretty happy with the evolutionary forms of most of the Generation V Pokemon. I'm sure we'll see some new forms for them, but Liepard is the only one I'd really like to see improved upon.
    How about an pre evolution for Miltank, Absol, Tauros, and an evolution for Spinda, Kecleon, Dunsparce, and possible branch evolutions of the starters (like the gloom family)
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by Andraste View Post

- I've always wanted to see a branched evolution for Flaafy. I like Amphraos, but it really loses the electric sheep concept after evolving. They could make it a ram with impressive horns and give it an interesting type combination. (Electric/Fighting?)

I could see pre evos for Lapras and Tropius being version-exclusive. I don't know why but I feel like Lapras and Tropius are counterparts in a way. Their double-typing also helps. Grass strong against water but ice being strong against flying and grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormow View Post
    I really hope this time around they include (pre)evolutions from past generation Pokemon. That really annoyed me about gen 5
    This, pre-evos and even next stage evolutions linked to previous generations need to be there, made 4th gen a really good batch for me esp. the post game crew e.g. magnezone, magmortar, weavile, gliscor e.t.c

Quote Originally Posted by DazedMinezumi View Post
    JINX HAS TO GET AN EVOLUTION!!!!!
    Oh my god, I can not say that enough. I don't care about whatever "controversy" surrounds her. She is the only one from her...... "posse"....... that didn't get an evo in Sinnoh. We also need Mastermime, a prevo for Scyther, and something done with poor Pinsir. I wouldn't mind a Seviper/Zangoose (pre)evolution.

Also, I would love nothing more than a predominately ice generation. There are so many oppurtunities for amazing ice types. A wolf, dolphin, saber-tooth, reindeer, etc.
    I'd also love more bears. We have the Grizzly Teddiursa line, the Polar Cubchoo line, and the Panda, Spinda, but we need black bears. There was some fan-art a while back
    (I'll try to find it) of a fire/dark black bear line. Smokub, Burbear, and Maulcano. They are they only fan-art I've ever seen worthy of becoming real, other than the Leevoat line,
    a Grass/Ice goat done by the same person.
    For Jynx a middle stage evolution would be perfect but impossible as smoochum has already been able to evolve into Jynx directly, I have no idea what a next stage EVO of Jynx would look like it would probs be too big and the reason it didn't get an evo. in GEN 4, i think the best hope for Jynx is for smoochum to have another evo. to branch off to. Mastermime sounds really cool i want it just fot the name, imagine bellowing out MASTERMIME! a bit sad I must admit.

Ice, GF tried last gen to craft competitive mono ice types Beartic the physical ice attacker with that exclusive move it had that eludes me and Cryoganal that bucked the trend of ice types having high defence by instead having one of the game's highest Special Defence. Despite GF's efforts they were both fails (that's failure without even considering those ice cream imposters), although cubchoo is too cute. I think a revisit to expanding ice is warranted, also ice would make some good dual type pairings that haven't been done yet.

Also I want a pre-evo that can evolve into either tediursa or cubchoo.

I can't wait to see what fossils we'll get this generation either. The fossils are always some of my favorite. I would love a wooly mammoth and saber tooth cat too. I wish we could get a generation with an ancient theme or something so we could get a bunch of fossils or extinct animal based Pokemon.

Personally I kind of expect (and hope) that the next gen of Pokemon will take the same approach that II and IV did and make an effort to give evolutions and preevolutions to Pokemon that have lost ground and public attention over time.

Also, as far as actual numbers go, 151 would be nice to a) act as a throwback to the original and b) round the total to an even 800 but it's probably more realistic that numbers will hover between 110 and 140.

All I really from the Regional Dex is older Pokémon, preevolutions/evolutions of older Pokémon and of course a lot of new Pokémon. Hopefully Game Freak delivers on that. Even though Generation V is my favorite generation, I was a bit sad to see no new preevolutions/evolutions of older Pokémon, especially since some look like they could be.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

SO TRUE!!
    They just showed us FIVE new pokemon! and not just any pokemon... the Starters and The Legend Mascots. They can't posibly think that they're going to show the whole dex. So thats why they put the old pkmn.

I don't care what the other new Pokemon look like. I'm just glad that Generation 1-5 Pokemon will be available during the main storyline. I hated how BW pretty much forced you to use new Pokemon only, but X & Y seems to have changed that. I'm glad it's been set up this way 'cause I want Oshawott on my team. I hope that's possible; I don't want these games to be like R/S where you could only find like 200 Pokemon and the rest had to be traded over from the GameCube games and FR/LG.

Trying to think about how many Pokemon will be in the main Regional Dex for these games. A safe bet will be 150; with 80-100 new Pokemon? Then the rest are all Gen 1-5 Pokemon.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I don't care what the other new Pokemon look like. I'm just glad that Generation 1-5 Pokemon will be available during the main storyline. I hated how BW pretty much forced you to use new Pokemon only, but X & Y seems to have changed that. I'm glad it's been set up this way 'cause I want Oshawott on my team. I hope that's possible; I don't want these games to be like R/S where you could only find like 200 Pokemon and the rest had to be traded over from the GameCube games and FR/LG.
    Though it would be cool that you can go th different reigions to get the starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    especially since some look like they could be.
    *cough* Alomomola *cough*
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Trying to think about how many Pokemon will be in the main Regional Dex for these games. A safe bet will be 150; with 80-100 new Pokemon? Then the rest are all Gen 1-5 Pokemon.
    150 seems a little small. I'd say about 220 in the regional and 112 new Pokemon, making the total National dex 761.
    No sig. Deal with it.

I doubt it'll happen, but a Castform evolution would be nice. x3 It's a manmade Pokemon, I'm sure some men could make an evolution for it. xD
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

All in honesty, I'm interested in pokémon 666 so people can make fools of themselves on how "evil" pokémon is.

Imagine if they did a pre-evo for Tauros, Miltank, AND Bouffalant. It'd be interesting to see how they would make that work. Considering that Tauros and Miltank are single-gendered while Bouffalant can be either male or female, a pre-evo for just Tauros and Miltank makes more sense.

Edit: I just realized that Bouffalant is based on a buffalo. Disregard the above idea haha.
    Last edited by chriswilliam92; 9th January 2013 at 3:07 AM.

please if there is a pikachu clone let it be useful or at least evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    All in honesty, I'm interested in pokémon 666 so people can make fools of themselves on how "evil" pokémon is.
    I wouldn't be so surprised if they made it a Dark type.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Page 14 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824641141014 ... LastLast