Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

  1. #43726
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Oblivion is kind of a vague way of saying Hell, isn't it?
    I'd say more wide spread destruction.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "Well maybe pokemon need friends too, sure they're in competition but they need to be loved as well. It's okay to have more than one kind of pokemon like Tyranitar, if you love it enough you can have another because the new one can never take the sentimental value of the orignal, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-4470 5123 1977

  2. #43727
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    I think the tree would be Grass/Ghost. I don't think that it is Aulotte (sp?).
    (template from Jerkfighter)

  3. #43728
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    If the Tree Pokemon Pokebeach drew is Aulette, than I just lol'd incredibly hard for such an unmatching name.

    If it's not Aulette, then that means we get two new Pokemon from the trailer :O

  4. #43729
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Oblivion is kind of a vague way of saying Hell, isn't it?
    Well, sort of. More-or-less, "oblivion" just refers to the nothingness that comes after death (or to death itself, as is probably the case here), but Hell has been interpreted as nothingness by some mediums so technically, I suppose it does.
    FERROTHORN / ROCKY HELMET OTP

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  5. #43730
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In Froakie's Bubbles
    Posts
    236

    Default

    When will we know the full details of the movie?

  6. #43731
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Y'know, there
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    I hope spritzee is a flamingo.
    I didn't think of that. Actually, that would be cool. Luckily, it looks like Spritzee is in Y only as well. Swirlix is based off of cotton candy, after all. I had hoped we were done with desserts as Pokemon. Or any food, for that matter.
    Last edited by Squeecko; 13th July 2013 at 3:14 AM.
    Pokémon Y team:
    (none nicknamed)
    Pokémon Black 2 team (what I want it to be): Kane, Sting, Slim, ? ? ????

    Shinies:

    3DS Friend Code: 0430-8553-2017
    If you add my Friend Code, please PM me so I can add you back.
    My Friend Safari is Psychic type with Drowzee, Sigilyph, and Gothorita.

    Battle Videos:
    CPZW-WWWW-WWW5-WV9K - Battle Spot - Breloom sweeps (half) of a Sand Team - Win
    YQXW-WWWW-WWW5-WVEY - Battle Maison - vs Nita - Win (nearly a loss!)
    FYBW-WWWW-WWW5-WVFZ - Battle Maison - vs Evelyn - Win
    98UW-WWWW-WWW5-WVGM - Battle Maison - vs Dana - Win
    F7LW-WWWW-WWW5-WVHJ - Battle Maison - vs Morgan - Win

  7. #43732
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Vivillon - A+

    Only Pokemon I'm already planning on getting, so far.

  8. #43733
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    Really loving how Pangoro looks, will be nicknaming mine Banchou cause it looks like one.

    I'm hoping Malamar is bulky, cause I can see so many ways that it can be useful that way. Only one weakness, which is bug, which one Pokemon in OU capitalizes on. Will be looking out for it in the future.

    Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

    Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  9. #43734
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeecko View Post
    I didn't think of that. Actually, that would be cool. Luckily, it looks like Spritzee is in Y only as well. Swirlix is based off of cotton candy, after all. I had hoped we were done with desserts as Pokemon.
    I'm glad its in y, means two birds I like.

    ^My pangoro's gonna be named Betty.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "Well maybe pokemon need friends too, sure they're in competition but they need to be loved as well. It's okay to have more than one kind of pokemon like Tyranitar, if you love it enough you can have another because the new one can never take the sentimental value of the orignal, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-4470 5123 1977

  10. #43735
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In Froakie's Bubbles
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Really loving how Pangoro looks, will be nicknaming mine Banchou cause it looks like one.

    I'm hoping Malamar is bulky, cause I can see so many ways that it can be useful that way. Only one weakness, which is bug, which one Pokemon in OU capitalizes on. Will be looking out for it in the future.
    Volc, Sizor. Only twomsomyeah

  11. #43736
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sylveon_ View Post
    Volc, Sizor. Only twomsomyeah
    For some reason, I don't see it being bulky. Not horrible defenses, but not great.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "Well maybe pokemon need friends too, sure they're in competition but they need to be loved as well. It's okay to have more than one kind of pokemon like Tyranitar, if you love it enough you can have another because the new one can never take the sentimental value of the orignal, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-4470 5123 1977

  12. #43737
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,523

    Default

    One more reason for Spritzee to be/become a flamingo.
    The smell of Spritzee is said to be differen based on what it eats, this could possibly mimick the fact that real flamingos gain their red/pink/white coloration based on what they eat.


  13. #43738
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    714

    Default

    I hope we get tons of foodmons just to spite those who hate them so much. Pokemon aren't real, getting upset because there are Pokemon based on food is like being mad because Santa Claus is fat.

    3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

  14. #43739
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I hope we get tons of foodmons just to spite those who hate them so much. Pokemon aren't real, getting upset because there are Pokemon based on food is like being mad because Santa Claus is fat.
    What did you say about santa?!

    After awhile, I do have to admit vanillite is kinda cute.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "Well maybe pokemon need friends too, sure they're in competition but they need to be loved as well. It's okay to have more than one kind of pokemon like Tyranitar, if you love it enough you can have another because the new one can never take the sentimental value of the orignal, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-4470 5123 1977

  15. #43740
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rainy Laverre City
    Posts
    5,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sylveon_ View Post
    Volc, Sizor. Only twomsomyeah
    If Malamar doesn't become too big in sixth gen competitive play, Scizor and Volcorona won't bother it and it won't bother them. However, I think Contrary with some target-boosting moves on Malamar would make it a big threat to offensive Pokémon. If Malamar has Swagger, I can see Scizor's downfall, sharply decreasing attack stat while confusing it.
    However, Contrary works both ways so as long as the status move is targetting Malamar, Contrary can work against it.

    Oh, the obstacles of Dark types come from their own devices of evil.

    Do you like enterprising new things? Do you like Fakemon? At Smogon's Create-A-Pokémon Project, you get both!

  16. #43741
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Terminus
    Posts
    38,064

    Default

    A new tree Pokemon? Tree Pokemon have been done before and they've all looked bad imo. I'm not sure why Gamefreak would try to make another one. I'll save my criticism until we get an actual image of the Pokemon, but from the drawing that was posted, it looks really familiar; it closely resembles Cherrymon from Digimon imo.

  17. #43742
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    A new tree Pokemon? Tree Pokemon have been done before and they've all looked bad imo. I'm not sure why Gamefreak would try to make another one. I'll save my criticism until we get an actual image of the Pokemon, but from the drawing that was posted, it looks really familiar; it closely resembles Cherrymon from Digimon imo.
    I knew it looked familiar!

    ^Yeah, I could see swagger. Malamar to me seems to me to be a mainly status pokemon.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "Well maybe pokemon need friends too, sure they're in competition but they need to be loved as well. It's okay to have more than one kind of pokemon like Tyranitar, if you love it enough you can have another because the new one can never take the sentimental value of the orignal, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-4470 5123 1977

  18. #43743
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I hope we get tons of foodmons just to spite those who hate them so much. Pokemon aren't real, getting upset because there are Pokemon based on food is like being mad because Santa Claus is fat.
    ...Is this a real post?

    Not only is that a dumb reason to have Pokemon (out of spite? Really?), but it's not the same as being mad at Santa's obesity.

    Anyway, I think it's obvious that the bird wi become a flamingo. I don't see why people are trying to force a plague doctor theory on it. Doesn't really look anything more than just, you know, a beak.

  19. #43744
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Krypton
    Posts
    2,489

    Default

    I like Oblivion Wing better as well, though I do agree with Rakurai about the censorship thing.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Funky Kong and Super Mario Sunshine!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

  20. #43745
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I hope we get tons of foodmons just to spite those who hate them so much. Pokemon aren't real, getting upset because there are Pokemon based on food is like being mad because Santa Claus is fat.
    Except Santa Claus is supposed to be fat lol. But srsly we don't need any more bad Pokemon designs. I mean its bad enough that we have a cotton candy Pokemon now and a tree that looks like some kind of Digimon. I don't want any more horrific Pokemon like those in Gen #6. More epic Pokemon like Pangoro are welcome tho.

  21. #43746
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Anya View Post
    ...Is this a real post?

    Not only is that a dumb reason to have Pokemon (out of spite? Really?), but it's not the same as being mad at Santa's obesity.

    Anyway, I think it's obvious that the bird wi become a flamingo. I don't see why people are trying to force a plague doctor theory on it. Doesn't really look anything more than just, you know, a beak.
    It would be cool though. Go with a European theme. And since it deals with good smells, it would make sense.

    And people who complain about santa being fat need to be whapped upside the head.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "Well maybe pokemon need friends too, sure they're in competition but they need to be loved as well. It's okay to have more than one kind of pokemon like Tyranitar, if you love it enough you can have another because the new one can never take the sentimental value of the orignal, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-4470 5123 1977

  22. #43747
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    A new tree Pokemon? Tree Pokemon have been done before and they've all looked bad imo. I'm not sure why Gamefreak would try to make another one. I'll save my criticism until we get an actual image of the Pokemon, but from the drawing that was posted, it looks really familiar; it closely resembles Cherrymon from Digimon imo.
    Ugh, I'm worried about the "Digimon ripoffs" complainers on that one. It does remind me of Cherrymon but I imagine it's going to be more different from it then that.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 13th July 2013 at 3:39 AM.


    A new region awaits us, soon we shall uncover and unlock everything it has to offer...

  23. #43748
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Charizardland and Asgard
    Posts
    4,304

    Default

    hmm the tree sktech... well lets hope we get the real tree thing like tomorrow :3 I want to see the real deal

    meh censorship.. I know the game is aimed at the young audience but we have to be careful about their parents I bet >.>" but us older audience dont care about the bad words like death. Yes im 24 and I still play Pokemon since i've played ever since gen 1.
    image made by me

  24. #43749
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    It would be cool though. Go with a European theme. And since it deals with good smells, it would make sense.

    And people who complain about santa being fat need to be whapped upside the head.
    It would be cool, yeah, but I just don't see it. Looks like a flamingo. Just a flamingo.

  25. #43750
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Anya View Post
    It would be cool, yeah, but I just don't see it. Looks like a flamingo. Just a flamingo.
    We'll have to see, I suppose. I would like both.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "Well maybe pokemon need friends too, sure they're in competition but they need to be loved as well. It's okay to have more than one kind of pokemon like Tyranitar, if you love it enough you can have another because the new one can never take the sentimental value of the orignal, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-4470 5123 1977

Page 1750 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7501650170017401746174717481749175017511752175317541760180018502750 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •