Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    just saw the color sketch of Oorotto and I really think it will be a Poke'monw ithout evolutions tbh
    Actually since part of it's japanese name comes from "rot" it makes me think there will be a pre evo that isn't rotten, and might actually be a pure grass type with a fresher non rotten look.

Anyone think Oorotto could be Grass/Poison? I'm still hoping for Grass/Ghost but with the new picture serebii put up I'm not feeling it so much now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    Sudowoodo isn't just a fake tree it's petrifyed wood which is wood thats turned to stone hence the Rock type but Orotto seems to be a living tree monster I don't think it's related to Sudowoodo at all
    Split evolution!

Bonsly evolves into Sudowoodo in one branch.
    In the other branch, Bonsly becomes unpetrified, bringing it back to life, making it Ghost/Grass type. Orotto is the final stage of this branch.

See what I did there? Trees... Branch... Anyone?
    Last edited by R000; 14th July 2013 at 10:46 PM.
    My Favorites From Each Generation

Gen I:

Gen II:

Gen III:

Gen IV:

Gen V:

Gen VI (so far):
    Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Sylveon, Pancham, Pangoro, Talonflame, Noivern, Malimar, Xerneas, Yveltal, Megavolutions

One thing about the newest sketch of Orotto is it reminds me of a tree version of Dusknoir with the one eye and two mouth like stripes and it's hands kinda in a ghost pose

I could see it being either Grass/Ghost (Possessed Tree Monster)
    Grass/Dark (Evil/Bad Tree Monster) Grass/Fairy (Magical Tree Monster) Grass (Straight up Tree Monster)
    Or maybe
    Ghost/Fairy (Possessed Magical Tree Monster)(Or Angry Tree Monster Forest Spirit)

The last one is quite a stretch though

Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

Sudowoodo is a fake happy tree evolving from a crybaby Bonsai tree. Orotto is menacing and is real. How is that anything connected?

And I called Dark/Ghost on it for shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by ColtonL View Post
    I'd like for another nincada evo, where it keeps its bug/ground typing! I'm surprised we havn't had another bug/ground type since the hoenn region.
    Nincada was such a disappointment of Bug/Ground. I want a strong Bug/Ground (like Genesect or Volcarona) to evolve from it.

Gen I:

Gen II:

Gen III:

Gen IV:

Gen V:

Gen VI (so far):
    Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Sylveon, Pancham, Pangoro, Talonflame, Noivern, Malimar, Xerneas, Yveltal, Megavolutions

Quote Originally Posted by R000 View Post
    Nincada was such a disappointment of Bug/Ground. I want a strong Bug/Ground (like Genesect or Volcarona) to evolve from it.
    That's why it should evolve into a stronger, better, faster, make it stronger xD, bug/ground type. I'd like for it to have a 3 staged evolution chain . nincada->bug/ground->bug/ground
    ~Credit to:Sworn Metalhead for the banner~

Maybe the blue fairy (Xernes) finally granted Sudowoodo his long lost wish of being a real tree, but it had horrible side-effects.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Split evolution!

Bonsly evolves into Sudowoodo in one branch.
    In the other branch, Bonsly becomes unpetrified, bringing it back to life, making it Ghost/Grass type. Orotto is the final stage of this branch.

See what I did there? Trees... Branch... Anyone?
    Sudowoodo and Bonsly are not petrified wood, they are just living rocks. It is not like Sudowoodo was once a happy tree, but then suddenly died and was buried and ,many, many years later emerged as the rocky Sudowoodo we know today.
    Sudowoodo is, however, based on petrified wood, but is just a rock taking the form of a tree. There is a difference.
    So it would be no reason for Bonsly to evolve into a tree.

It is the same with Vanilluxe, which is based on ice cream,
    Vanilluxe is just a living, snow-covered icicle looking like ice cream, but isn't actual ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    All the sketches I have seen so far make it quite clear that it actually is a tree. And none of them show any similarity to a Sudowoodo.
    Saying that Sudowoodo could evolve into Orotto is like saying that Porygon 2 could possibly evolve into Swellow(considering we hadn't seen Swellow's evolution line). Porygon 2 resembles a bird, but is something entirely different, Swellow is a bird. So Porygon 2->Swellow wouldn't be too strange, right?
    But in the newest sketch, he has leaves on his wrists/ ends of his arms like sudowoodo. And he is a tree and about the losing an eye thing, come on, snivy freaking lost both arms AND legs when it got to serperior.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

It's funny actually that Bosly is a petrified Bonsai that becomes a small petrified tree as the whole point to Bonsai'ing something is so that it stays small though Sudowoodo is still a small tree its roughly the size comparitively as the tree's you find in malls that are potted those are technically bonsai'ed as they never reach they're full hight and are in a pot

But that may be covered by the petrified wood (though while well cared for bonsais tend to live a long time I don't think they become petrified) and the fact that they're tree/bonsai mimics

Tree Monsters do mimic tree's but they do it by being a living tree and just holding still not being a petrified tree/tree mimic that holds still (I actually find it hard to believe you could confuse Sudowoodo for a real tree lol but if you weren't paying attention maybe)

Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    But in the newest sketch, he has leaves on his wrists/ ends of his arms like sudowoodo. And he is a tree and about the losing an eye thing, come on, snivy freaking lost both arms AND legs when it got to serperior.
    Serperior still had hands lol. Yeah there weren't arms but hands were still present. Plus those leave things on Sudowoodo is just rock and not entirely leaves while Orotto actually has them.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    Sudowoodo and Bonsly are not petrified wood, they are just living rocks. It is not like Sudowoodo was once a happy tree, but then suddenly died and was buried and ,many, many years later emerged as the rocky Sudowoodo we know today.
    Sudowoodo is, however, based on petrified wood, but is just a rock taking the form of a tree. There is a difference.
    So it would be no reason for Bonsly to evolve into a tree.

It is the same with Vanilluxe, which is based on ice cream,
    Vanilluxe is just a living, snow-covered icicle looking like ice cream, but isn't actual ice cream.
    I'm not saying it's gonna happen– it probably won't. I just think that would be a creative idea for GameFreak to connect the two is all.

Gen I:

Gen II:

Gen III:

Gen IV:

Gen V:

Gen VI (so far):

The only way I could see Orotto being a evo of Sudowoodo is if it was almost like a Kitsune Legend where after living a certain number of years the Sudowoodo gains a spirit form of great power but it would lose rock and become pure Ghost though I guess it could be Rock/Ghost also to solve the issue of it being spooky looking when Sudowoido is not have it to where it has a branch evo or it's evo has a different form depending on how much it looked it's trainer like if it hates its trainer it becomes the spooky Orotto if it likes it's trainer it evolves into a friendly wise looking Orotto

But thats still a big stretch and Orotto looks to leafy and alive or Spirity to be a Petrified Wood/Tree Mimic

It's like sudowoodo in a halloween costume (a kkk one :s)...I can see it. The green bushes are maybe just his balls on a different place.
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

You know what I'd like to see? Poison Dart Frogs. Say the basic form is a baby frog/tadpole that is poison type and depending on the stone used (fire stone, water stone, leaf stone, or thunderstone) would produce:

Poison/Fire (red and black poison dart frog)
    Poison/Water (blue and black poison dart frog)
    Poison/Grass (green and black poison dart frog)
    Poison/Electric (yellow and black poison dart frog)
    FC: 2793-1148-2460

Quote Originally Posted by anderdan View Post
    You know what I'd like to see? Poison Dart Frogs. Say the basic form is a baby frog/tadpole that is poison type and depending on the stone used (fire stone, water stone, leaf stone, or thunderstone) would produce:

You know this made me wonder about froakie, he could evolve into water/poison. though I kind of doubt it because he looks like something found in fresh water but it would be neat if he did.
    ~Credit to:Sworn Metalhead for the banner~

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Serperior still had hands lol. Yeah there weren't arms but hands were still present. Plus those leave things on Sudowoodo is just rock and not entirely leaves while Orotto actually has them.
    Serperior had hands? That's weird. Did you know wooper has hands? He can learn ice punch. Shroomish has hands too, it can learn focus punch
    Last edited by Henraye; 14th July 2013 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henraye View Post
    Serperior had hands? That's weird. Did you know wooper has hands? He can learn ice punch. Shroomish has hands too, it can learn focus punch
    Serperior does have arms

do you see those things that look like leaves?
    those are his hands, they bob and he holds them behind his back sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by ColtonL View Post
    You know this made me wonder about froakie, he could evolve into water/poison. though I kind of doubt it because he looks like something found in fresh water but it would be neat if he did.
    I think it would be pretty easy to imagine a frog becoming/being water poison. I think that was why I thought of the poison dart frogs. To you know, branch out into some other options. Mostly cause I couldn't decide what color of a poison dart frog I would want, hence the 4 split evos from the baby poison frog. lol

Quote Originally Posted by anderdan View Post

I highly doubt it; that sounds VERY similar to Eevee...

EDIT: It sounds cool, but it's just too similar.

Gen I:

Gen II:

Gen III:

Gen IV:

Gen V:

Gen VI (so far):

I highly doubt it; that sounds VERY similar to Eevee...

EDIT: It sounds cool, but it's just too similar.
    It sounds new. Cooler amphibilutions for dart frogs! I would've picked birds, but amphibians sounds alright to me.
    It can be similar if it wanted to. We have Sawk and Throh, basically fifth gen versions of Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee without a pre evolution.
    If we don't want to be copying Eeveelutions, just make them separate formes that can be found randomly in the wild.

I found Oorotto on /vp/

Sorry if this has been posted, it isnt on the front page, and i dont bother to read back a few pages. Also not in the fake scans.

Might be fake, but looks pretty damn real.

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    It sounds new. Cooler amphibilutions for dart frogs! I would've picked birds, but amphibians sounds alright to me.
    It can be similar if it wanted to. We have Sawk and Throh, basically fifth gen versions of Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee without a pre evolution.
    If we don't want to be copying Eeveelutions, just make them separate formes that can be found randomly in the wild.
    Also the elemental monkeys, they aren't family-related but surely related. I even speculated a normal-type pre-evo for them at the beginning of Gen V.

~ Pokémon Y Team ~

3DS FC: 1736-0917-9729
    Snorunt / Sneasel / Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by _Sylveon_ View Post
    I found Oorotto on /vp/

Sorry if this has been posted, it isnt on the front page, and i dont bother to read back a few pages. Also not in the fake scans.

Might be fake, but looks pretty damn real.

That's from the old sketch
    Rather than the new more accurate one posted on the main site

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    Yeah, if it's too similar to the Eevee family for comfort, they could get rid of the prevo and pick say the poison/fire and poison/electric poison dart frogs and put them in the wild like Sawk and Throh. That would be pretty cool I think.

Page 1786 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7861686173617761782178317841785178617871788178917901796183618862786 ... LastLast