Page 2 of 3636 FirstFirst 12345612521021002 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Humilau City
    Posts
    97

    Default

    We can't tell for sure about any of those Pokemon until we get official confirmation. Even at the bottom of the screen during the trailer, it said that it is not final. I really hope we see Pikachu in this game though or a Chinchou (So I can get a Lanturn). I would love to see Houndour too! I love Houndoom and it'd be really fun to have him on my team.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Anyway, I think that Pikachu, Magikarp, and Audino are most likely in, and not just because they were seen in the trailer. With the exception of 5th gen since it was a reboot, it's almost inappropriate for the mascot of Pokemon not to appear somewhere in the game, so Pikachu most likely will be in. Magikarp probably will be unless they make a new fish like Pokemon (or use Basculin). And Audino probably will as well if the EXP system is the same as it is in 5th gen, it's almost a necessity because of how ****ed up the EXP system is. But yeah, right now the only Pokemon that will definitely be in the regional dex are the starters and mascot legendaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  3. #28

    Default

    I'm kind of worried that this generation might have a fairly low number of Pokemon since it was probably produced during the production of Black and White and also because it seems to be an experiment of the 3DS' graphics. I guess we may be seeing some new evolutions to old Pokemon, but I hope to see some more new and fresh ideas like the 5th generation!

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wormow View Post
    I really hope this time around they include (pre)evolutions from past generation Pokemon. That really annoyed me about gen 5
    i want so many pre-volve forms, its ridiculous. im glad not only i feel this way

    as for the dex, i really dont know what to expect. Pokemon has always surprised me (that's what keeps it interesting and fun, imo) of course we'll have some of our old favorites, but the new Poke are gonna be where its at. every time i play through any Poke game, i always make a team of Poke native to the new game first (this is a special exception for B/W2).

    im really excited for whats to come, so i better get a job to afford it:3
    In-Game Name: Cealot
    Pokemon Y: 2895-7697-8437
    Friend Safari: Ice - Beartic, Spheal, Piloswine


    Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    If you like Pokemon, then you're a true fan. If you don't like Pokemon, then you're not. Regardless of generation.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Et3rn4l-D4rKN3SS View Post
    I'm kind of worried that this generation might have a fairly low number of Pokemon since it was probably produced during the production of Black and White and also because it seems to be an experiment of the 3DS' graphics. I guess we may be seeing some new evolutions to old Pokemon, but I hope to see some more new and fresh ideas like the 5th generation!
    Black and White were produced alongside HGSS and Platinum and yet introduced over 150 Pokémon. I don't see any reason to worry.

    (even though I don't think we need that many new Pokémon again, I'm okay with something like Gen IV)
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Et3rn4l-D4rKN3SS View Post
    I'm kind of worried that this generation might have a fairly low number of Pokemon since it was probably produced during the production of Black and White and also because it seems to be an experiment of the 3DS' graphics. I guess we may be seeing some new evolutions to old Pokemon, but I hope to see some more new and fresh ideas like the 5th generation!
    Well if the pattern continues, there would be around 100 new Pokemon introduced with a handful of cross gen evolutions.

    But, Pokemon can always just change stuff up, I mean...they already are and did before. I'd be fine if they keep this pattern going though.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Humilau City
    Posts
    97

    Default

    I'm kind of hoping Deoxys will make a cameo in X and Y since he is a DNA Pokemon.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrcaCity View Post
    I'm kind of hoping Deoxys will make a cameo in X and Y since he is a DNA Pokemon.
    In-game obtainable Deoxys would be great.
    But it could be distributed via event again.
    Or not at all, for a future game that we should not be talking about.

    .: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Well I'm glad to see that the starters they showed don't suck as much as BW starters. I actually really like these starters!

  10. #35

    Default

    I hope they don't stuff the dex full of legends/trios like in 4/5.


    My Gen V Mono-Psychic Team ~ Made by me
    FC: 2423 3256 7374
    Friend safari is Psychic (coincidentally). I have Abra, Gothorita, and Espurr.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    A new Normal-Type Brioche Pokemon that evolves into a Croissant! Cue all the haters calling it "unoriginal" and a "Vanillite rip-off"!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    I'm just waiting for pokémon 666 so someone overreligious or stupid would start complaining how pokémon is evil
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Instant..123 View Post
    I hope they don't stuff the dex full of legends/trios like in 4/5.
    Agreed. Heck, just the main title legends [2, probably 3 with a 'Z' 3rd game], and the Mew-Wannabe Sprite would do.

    No more than 100 newbies this time I hope [BW was echoing R/B with its 150 total / species layout, after all].
    Last edited by Jigglypuff5000; 8th January 2013 at 3:59 PM.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    289

    Default

    I'm generally in the minority for this, but I'm hoping for a decent number of eves/prevos of older Pokemon. In particular I would love a new Eeveelution, again I know many feel that there are already too many, but I'd like a full set lol also it might mean that the ones we have may get new and improved moves to help make a little more versatile.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    A new Normal-Type Brioche Pokemon that evolves into a Croissant! Cue all the haters calling it "unoriginal" and a "Vanillite rip-off"!
    oh no we dont want people bashing gen 6.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    337

    Default

    I would say eevee is basically guaranteed to be in the dex. It has been given 2 new evolutions each even generation, has been in a lot of hype lately, and it seems like it will be getting another 2. My thoughts are there will be 9 eeveelutions in the dex this time around...

    Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    I would say eevee is basically guaranteed to be in the dex. It has been given 2 new evolutions each even generation, has been in a lot of hype lately, and it seems like it will be getting another 2. My thoughts are there will be 9 eeveelutions in the dex this time around...
    I'd be ok with that lol.... I'm personally dreaming of the day that there are 17 of them much to others' dismay.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    I would say eevee is basically guaranteed to be in the dex. It has been given 2 new evolutions each even generation, has been in a lot of hype lately, and it seems like it will be getting another 2. My thoughts are there will be 9 eeveelutions in the dex this time around...
    I hope so. Hoping for a Dragon and Ghost combo [though any would do]...

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aa_623 View Post
    I'm generally in the minority for this, but I'm hoping for a decent number of eves/prevos of older Pokemon. In particular I would love a new Eeveelution, again I know many feel that there are already too many, but I'd like a full set lol also it might mean that the ones we have may get new and improved moves to help make a little more versatile.
    i agree with you. gen 5 was kinda empty coz it didnt have an evos for older pokes ( i know it was a reboot ). Im fully expecting an eevee evo.
    Also, u might need to change ur sig to include chespin,froakie and fennikin
    Edit - but, 17 as u said would be an OVERKILL

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Back of Bills house
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    It's likely that with every generation, we will get over 100 new Pokémon. I'm thinking another large Pokédex, similar to Black 2/White 2.


    POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    I'm hoping that 6th gen will be the first generation to break the pattern of having more new evolutions one generation and more new families the next. There should be a healthy mix of both. Not to mention some unrelated old Pokemon to help keep the dex balanced (no repeats of DP's Sinnoh Dex, please).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    On the road to Viridian City
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    I would say eevee is basically guaranteed to be in the dex. It has been given 2 new evolutions each even generation, has been in a lot of hype lately, and it seems like it will be getting another 2. My thoughts are there will be 9 eeveelutions in the dex this time around...
    Each time there's been a new set of Eeveelutions there's been a new method of obtaining them (stones, happiness/timing, location) If there's going to be more I wonder how they'd evolve this time round? The only other way would be trading like Haunter - Gengar, unless they decide to bring gender into account.



  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    It's likely that with every generation, we will get over 100 new Pokémon. I'm thinking another large Pokédex, similar to Black 2/White 2.
    Gen II would like a word with you...

    Gen I - 151
    Gen II - 100 added
    Gen III - 135 added
    Gen IV - 107 added
    Gen V - 156 added

    I really doubt they'll add another 150 odd, two gens in a row - expect nearer 100.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    i agree with you. gen 5 was kinda empty coz it didnt have an evos for older pokes ( i know it was a reboot ). Im fully expecting an eevee evo.
    Also, u might need to change ur sig to include chespin,froakie and fennikin
    Edit - but, 17 as u said would be an OVERKILL
    Yes I do need to change my sig lol
    Oh yeah it would definitely be overkill, but I mean why only go half way? Might as well just fill it all.

    I'm leaning towards anywhere between 100-130 new Pokemon. I feel that anything less than 100 would be a let down and not worth the time, but I doubt they'll do another 150ish 2 generations in a row especially since it looks like they're including old Pokemon in the regional dex on the first go.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,007

    Default

    As much as I disliked most of Gen 5's Pokemon, I hope that some of the late game Pokemon like Litwick, Golett, etc. show up earlier in these games, in case I ever want to use them. In W/W2, my team was pretty much complete by the time I got my 6th or 7th badge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    Gen II would like a word with you...

    Gen I - 151
    Gen II - 100 added
    Gen III - 135 added
    Gen IV - 107 added
    Gen V - 156 added

    I really doubt they'll add another 150 odd, two gens in a row - expect nearer 100.
    I'm thinking somewhere around 110-120. I just hope we don't get 14 or 15 legendary Pokemon like we did in 5th gen. The less legendary Pokemon the better. They're supposed to be legendary. We need the 2 mascots plus the potential 3rd version mascot, a trio, then 2 legendaries to be released via event or whatever. That's it.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 8th January 2013 at 4:34 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Page 2 of 3636 FirstFirst 12345612521021002 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •