Page 257 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1572072472532542552562572582592602612673073571257 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Impressive. :3

But... why is it scratching itself in the butt with the scarf-thing?! XD
    What the ?? You must be the only one who noticed that.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    So here are the choices for Ninfia's typing:
    1) Dragon
    2) Bug
    3) Normal
    4) Flying
    5) Fighting

Which one do u go for ?
    If I had to choose one, I would go with Normal. But I'm still clinging to the idea that it could be two types. It's not super obvious on what type it could be like with the previous Eeveelutions.

Impressive. :3

But... why is it scratching itself in the butt with the scarf-thing?! XD
    Resembles sucicune a little bit hu?

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

What the ?? You must be the only one who noticed that.
    Is that good or bad? But really, I lol'd.

This thing is growing on me. Please let it be named Nympheon~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

I think after all this I might be seriously be considering it to ??? type. LOL

I applaud you GF. You managed to create a eeveelution who's type is not very obvious. Good design. We all have to put our heads together to figure this out guys !
    For some reason i can see a multi type eeveelution in a normal/flying that will be complimented with a future leak of a fighting/rock type eeveelution. This way GF are able to create a whole new idea to folow and also give the fans something to take notice of. Either that or a new type or flying. Honestly any is fine in my opinion.

Where have people heard about this new type that they are supposedly adding?
    3ds fc: 5300-9428-6203

Pixiv is already drown in fanart on Ninfeon :O
    Quote Originally Posted by stevencloser View Post
    Magic Type confirmed.
    LOL, are you being sarcastic because my suggestion in here? xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleh View Post
    I cleaned the artwork :3
    Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Metabyte View Post
    Where have people heard about this new type that they are supposedly adding?
    They have not heard anything. Its complete bs. Don't belive it, its not official.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I don't know where people are getting dragon from other than the fact that there is no dragon eeveelution yet. The only semi-draconic feature it has are pointy teeth....
    Its color scheme is reminiscent of the Red/Blue of several other Dragon-types, and it is a combination most commonly associated with the typing.
    A lot of the Eevees have very subtle references to their actual typing, relying heavily on color scheme.
    Who's to say what is "draconic", when we have Pokemon like Altaria, Flygon, Dragonair, etc? Ninfeon's sharp teeth add just a touch of ferocity to its elegance.

Is that good or bad? But really, I lol'd.

This thing is growing on me. Please let it be named Nympheon~
    It's name is NINfia.
    Nin.
    Not Nym. Not Nim.
    People have been pronouncing it wrong and giving its name meanings that don't necessarily apply.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

i really hope it's not a normal type.....normal types are SOOOOO boring!

I think that It's too "late" to introduce a new type, if GF really want a new type, they should have introduced in Generation III.

i don't care what type it is i just can't get over the fact that it is pink and most eevee's are male the only way this would be ok is if they had gender differences between male and female

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d1bfa1231549132 :go here to get the Fennekoalition Banner

Quote Originally Posted by HilbertCalderon View Post
    I think that It's too "late" to introduce a new type, if GF really want a new type, they should have introduced in Generation III.
    It's never too late. They can introduce one whenever they want.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Its color scheme is reminiscent of the Red/Blue of several other Dragon-types, and it is a combination most commonly associated with the typing.
    A lot of the Eevees have very subtle references to their actual typing, relying heavily on color scheme.
    Who's to say what is "draconic", when we have Pokemon like Altaria, Flygon, Dragonair, etc? Ninfeon's sharp teeth add just a touch of ferocity to its elegance.

It's name is NINfia.
    Nin.
    Not Nym. Not Nim.
    People have been pronouncing it wrong and giving its name meanings that don't necessarily apply.
    ... what? I want it to be named that because I like the name. I didn't get anything wrong, I know very well what it's Japanese name is.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

This one looks like a new Pokémon to me as well, http://postimage.org/image/repucmzi3/
    Nah, I think it's just a Gothita.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Here's something i have to admit aside all the expectations.

While i'm highly exited and do find the new eeveelution cute and iteresting, Taking a closer look i still have a few minor concerns about its design.. Her head has the exact same patern as victini aswell as the same colors, It also has two fangs and almost the same identical eyes :/

Quote Originally Posted by dewkage View Post
    i don't care what type it is i just can't get over the fact that it is pink and most eevee's are male the only way this would be ok is if they had gender differences between male and female
    So? What's wrong with it being pink and male? Nothing. So it is ok.

Nah, I think it's just a Gothita.
    It's been discovered that it's just Froakie.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

A great new type that would fit with this eeveelution and with several other pkmn deemed Normal types would be Aether type http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether_...cal_element%29 ...it's more encompassing than the infamous "Light type" wich only stretched to...well...light>.>.Aether has a more spiritual and cosmic meaning...something to do with benevolence.With this,maybe Eevee evolves into Ninfia when trying to protect its trainer or something like that...or when there is no hope left>.>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether_%28mythology%29
    Last edited by Nacreous; 12th February 2013 at 4:42 PM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by dewkage View Post
    It can look feminine but still be male, lika many other pokes. Pokemon dont have have the same gender diff as humans

Just now seeing the news. Another Eevee evolution? Really? Might as well just go ahead and have all the Eevee evolutions for every type. At first, i thought back in the day that they wanted eeeveelutions for the special types (i.e. Psychic, Grass, Ice) but like i said might as well make 'em all

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    I wasn't just referring to dragon type pokemon, I was referring to dragons in general. Those ones you mentioned have very draconic features, when compared to dragons in various mythologies. I could maybe see comparisons with a mesopotamian dragon, but that's stretching it.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

It can look feminine but still be male, lika many other pokes. Pokemon dont have have the same gender diff as humans
    Indeed. Female Machamp and Male Gardevoir, haha~

Ah, new pokemon, 'Ninfia' - I love it! Great job keeping us on our toes, Gamefreak.

Now, my thoughts on typing.

Normal: It really isn't that difficult to imagine Ninfia as a confirmed Normal-type. Colour scheme, cutesy bow & ribbon accents, bright blue eyes - all these design traits put Ninfia in the same league as the Wigglytuff and Clefable lines. A maxed out beauty/Prism scale-ish/happiness in a certain location-ish evolution for Eevee into normal Ninfia? It is possible, but personally, I think that if Eevee was getting a Normal-type evolution, it should've just evolved into something that retains the brownish, 'furry' appearance of, well, Eevee (some fanart normal-type Eevees out there, or like Chillarmy - Chillacinno) However, it DOES NOT mean that a normal-type evolution of Eevee CAN'T look drastically different from its normal-type pre-evolution, under the right evolutionary circumstances.

Dragon: This one is a bit hard to see. Altaria & Swablu, in my opinion, were very cutesy looking pokemon, and the former ended up a dragon-type. Yes, it is a bit of a stretch. What I mean to say, is that appearance wise, it is possible for a Pokemon that looks like Ninfia to end up a Dragon-type. Also, for those who want to look at it this way: IF Gamefreak was looking to complete it's 'special type' Eeveelution family, this theory may very well hold true. Prior to Generation IV, Water, Electric, Fire, Psychic, Dark, Grass, Ice & Dragon were exclusively Special. We're missing just one. Also, eeveelutions after the original trio have always been revealed in pairs. This time, it's a bit strange we only get one (not saying we might not get another one, but as of this post, that's how things seem).

Bug: I'm not really feeling this, but I respect those who think otherwise. Yes, those bows look like butterflies, and maybe you can say the blue eyes look - err - buggish. This would be a nice surprise.

Fighting: Likewise. I'm aware many of you see the connection with that one pokemon, Mienshao, a pokemon speculatively inspired by the art of whip fighting. Personally, if it was a fighting type, I prefer it to look a bit more...(i'm sorry there's no other way to say this, but) masculine. Then again, anything is possible.

Flying: I think it would make a nice flying-type, a departure from what the current consensus of what a flying type should look like. Again, those bows and ribbons. It's a bit hard to not imagine a flying type eeveelution without any feather or traditional wing design elements though (damn you fanart).

Steel: Very hard to see, but it is possible. That attack does look like Flash Cannon, but any pokemon can learn any attack out of it's type. Hmmm, a cutesy, pink steel-type eevee. It is possible. (Wormadam? Well. Yeah okay.)

Light, 'Aether'/New type: (DISCLAIMER: I know how touchy and sensitive people here can get with new-type speculation, but in this context, it would make sense to throw it in. Please people. Take it in with a grain of salt. Unknot thy panties.)

I think I get why people are angry with this. Much debate concerning Light as a new type boils down to how many think how unnecessary it is, as a type (and how shoddy the arguments brought up supporting the Light-type were) . Now, personally, as I've voraciously argued quite a few times before, the conception of another pokemon type based off the 'honourable' archetype is very much quite possible. Yes, I was talking about the fighting-type. Fighting, although it gained some nice special attacks like Aura Sphere & Focus Blast, has been generally considered and seen by many as a predominantly 'Physical type'. By physical, I mean, combat, and yes, that samurai code of honour. A proposed Light-type can be what the fighting type is, honourable, holy, good, but, perhaps, special. Why would they create another type remotely similar to Fighting? Well, there is a Rock type, and there is a Ground type. They are VERY different, yes. But you can't deny that they are somewhat REMOTELY similar in origin. What i'm saying is, anything can happen. Now, why would they want to 'upset' the already perfect and balanced type board? Well, why won't they?

The Dark type has always seen attacks based on slyness, cunning and deception. Basically, as it's Japanese name suggest, Evil. However, attacks like Dark Pulse, Dark Void & Night Daze added extra depth to the type - like it's english name, actual darkness, the absence of light. If you tie in the 'Holy Light' theory in this somewhat convoluted diagram, you can't deny that it does make SOME sense. Psychic says hi? Well, yes. In Japanese, the Esper-type is pretty much what the Psychic-type in international games is. Pokemon with heightened telepathic powers, the mind, intelligence, something quite paranormal and, if you'd like, magic. It does not mean good.

BACK ON TOPIC, Ninfia. As a Light-type? Well. Bright, blue eyes - as opposed to Umbreon's dark red. 'Glowing', 'glittery' blue accents. A general look of content. It is possible that this might be a Light-type eeveelution. It's strange they kept the typing a mystery, though it wouldn't be the first time. That is why i'm saying, good on ya Gamefreak.

Again, to those who think otherwise, are offended, or just plain tired of such speculation...be nice. If it happens, well, hey. If it does not, then you all can tell me "HAH, take that sucka." I'm cool with it

EDIT: I see someone brought up the 'Aether' point somewhere above me. That would make a nice name in Japanese, though it might just end up being localised as 'Light')
    Last edited by humilau; 12th February 2013 at 4:56 PM.
    Knarly, dude!

I cleaned the artwork :3

Ninfeon - Cottoncandy Type confirmed.
    You heard it here first guyz.

Ninf = The sound you make when eating cottoc candy. So obvious, Gamefreak.
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Page 257 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1572072472532542552562572582592602612673073571257 ... LastLast