Page 268 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1682182582642652662672682692702712722783183681268 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Ninfia being ghost or dragon seems odd. I mean, it's got bows. I could see the flying, as the ribbons would billow in the wind and "flying" is more "air" anyway.

Of course, Eevee evolving into a normal type seems wrong. Also, I'm still waiting for the Eevee that evolves into a ghost-type when it looses a battle because I think it would be quite humorous.
    Last edited by Dukkee; 12th February 2013 at 6:47 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 5171-9608-5466 (PM when you add me)
    Safari: :689: (Barbacle)

Spoiler:- Haves:

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    It just needs a trait or indication that it can float or fly. It doesn't have to learn fly.
    The ribbons aren't enough for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    It does resemble a kite a little bit though with the limbs and the bows. It could be part Flying.
    A kite. How have i never thought of this? @_@ now i'm sure it will be flying. look at the similarities !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mr. Cuddles; 12th February 2013 at 6:51 PM.

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

It better not be Normal/Flying. I understand why most flying types have a primary typing, but I want more Pure-Flying types!

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE |
    0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Light type speculation is pretty baseless, and this case is no exception. This thing doesn't look Light type at all.
    The Dark type in Japan translates to "Evil". Which means a Light type in America would be something along the lines of "Pure" in Japan. If there were to be a light type, Ninfia is exactly how it would look: delicate, feminine, usually with pink or other colors that represent love and purity.

I think a new type is far from baseless, given that:
    1.) Ninfia does not have features that exaggerate any current type we have--which is odd, because Eeveelutions typically are obvious embodiments of their types (that's the point of Eeveelutions, to represent the different types). However, Ninfia does exaggerate purity as I described above.
    2.) Ninfia's type is listed as ???, which means we're in for a surprise. If Ninfia's type is going to be an existing type, then the designers at Game Freak would have created something that exaggerates a current type instead of making something ambiguous to a degree where some people are calling it a bug when it doesn't even look like one. Eeveelutions don't just have types, they are meant to fully represent the different types, so why would they make an Eeveelution that doesn't look like any existing type? Probably because the surprise is a new type.
    3.) Yveltal obviously embodies Dark and has a form of "evil" in its name, so what would be the best typing for its counterpart, Xerneas, which is heroic and majestic by its appearance, and which has a spectrum of LIGHT on its horns?

Everything we've seen so far is pointing to a new type. People are just refusing to consider it because noobs have been baselessly speculating about a Light type since Generation 3 was announced. However, the speculation is no longer baseless; it really looks like we have a Light/Pure type on our hands.

Before you argue with some invalid point like "But Fighting types are already a counterpart to Dark", think to yourself, "Would Game Freak really choose to leave out an aesthetic improvement because of this reason, or am I nitpicking like a fanboy?" Pokémon is very heavily dependent upon aesthetics, and no one can deny that Ninfia doesn't look very much like any type we've seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    A kite. How have i never thought of this? @_@ now i'm sure it will be flying. look at the similarities !

Oh man get ready, ur not able to post fan pics, I just got a infraction for it, may want to delete

Also I see the kite in ninfia

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Sorry if people are tired of talking about Ninfia but I just got home and seen this so I have to put my two cents into this. I can see maybe flying for the type because the ribbons do remind me of a kite but I'm not 100% sold. Maybe normal because it is very cute and pink both themes of the normal type, but those eyes are very strange to me as well as having little fangs in its mouth so maybe poison idk. Wouldn't they release both eeveelutions at the same time? does this mean we only get one this gen?

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Avi604 View Post
    Sorry if people are tired of talking about Ninfia but I just got home and seen this so I have to put my two cents into this. I can see maybe flying for the type because the ribbons do remind me of a kite but I'm not 100% sold. Maybe normal because it is very cute and pink both themes of the normal type, but those eyes are very strange to me as well as having little fangs in its mouth so maybe poison idk. Wouldn't they release both eeveelutions at the same time? does this mean we only get one this gen?
    Yes we may in fact only get one
    Seems like were not getting two this time round.
    And there is plenty of reasons or theory for this

Mm...I guess Flying could go. It's growing on me. I'd like to see it as flying...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    1.) Ninfia does not have features that exaggerate any current type we have--which is odd, because Eeveelutions typically are obvious embodiments of their types (that's the point of Eeveelutions, to represent the different types). However, Ninfia does exaggerate purity as I described above.
    Not true, you could make a strong case of it being either Normal or Flying, it looks rather plain, so you could make the case for Normal types. Alternatively, you could make the case for Flying because of its streamlined appearance giving it a slight aerodynamic look, as well as its resemblance to a kite.

2.) Ninfia's type is listed as ???, which means we're in for a surprise. If Ninfia's type is going to be an existing type, then the designers at Game Freak would have created something that exaggerates a current type instead of making something ambiguous to a degree where some people are calling it a bug when it doesn't even look like one. Eeveelutions don't just have types, they are meant to fully represent the different types, so why would they make an Eeveelution that doesn't look like any existing type? Probably because the surprise is a new type.
    They just want to keep the hype up because they have nothing else they want to show us yet, besides, pure Flying and pure Normal Eeveelutions would be surprising enough.

3.) Yveltal obviously embodies Dark and has a form of "evil" in its name, so what would be the best typing for its counterpart, Xerneas, which is heroic and majestic by its appearance, and which has a spectrum of LIGHT on its horns?
    If they actually gave a damn about having Light/Dark counterparts, they would've done that with Cresselia and Darkrai. Besides, the colors on Xerneas' horns aren't really strong enough evidence of that, and are more likely to represent the proteins found in DNA.

and no one can deny that Ninfia doesn't look very much like any type we've seen before.
    No, you can. I just did.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The Dark type in Japan translates to "Evil". Which means a Light type in America would be something along the lines of "Pure" in Japan. If there were to be a light type, Ninfia is exactly how it would look: delicate, feminine, usually with pink or other colors that represent love and purity.

Everything we've seen so far is pointing to a new type. People are just refusing to consider it because noobs have been baselessly speculating about a Light type since Generation 3 was announced. However, the speculation is no longer baseless; it really looks like we have a Light/Pure type on our hands.

Before you argue with some invalid point like "But Fighting types are already a counterpart to Dark", think to yourself, "Would Game Freak really choose to leave out an aesthetic improvement because of this reason, or am I nitpicking like a fanboy?" Pokémon is very heavily dependent upon aesthetics, and no one can deny that Ninfia doesn't look very much like any type we've seen before.
    Thats a good point about how Eeveelutions in the past have 'embodied' their types. There's never been any doubts as to the types of the previous 7, so agree that it does seem odd this one is so ambiguous.

I've never had much of an opinion on new types, so can't comment on the various pros and cons of adding a 'Light' type, but given the little information we know about Gen 6 I agree that it is certainly a possibility.
    SOUL SILVER

So, a new eeveelution. Surprise suprise. Not complaining I love eevee and all of its evos, though I do think this one would look better without those bows. As for type... flying does seem like a possibility. I think that it could also possibly be a poison or bug type. Poison: it could possibly be sort of like mawile in that you'd never expect something that cute to be that type. Bug: those bows look an awful lot like butterflies to me (that also could be indicative of it being a flying type of course).
    Sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug

Looking for:
    (SS Enigma Stone Event), Soul Dew, , clones accepted
    Offering:
    most breedables inc. evolved ones; More legendaries coming soon
    All my legendaries are UT unless stated otherwise.
    Willing to breed for egg moves on any pokemon (if reasonable request) but it may take awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Why do people keep saying this? Please tell me these reasons. And don't give me:

- Because the Pikachu short only features Ninfia - GameFreak could be very well holding off the reveal of the 2nd eeveelution for later for a suprise. They did it with the movie last year, why can't they do it with the short?
    - Because it's the only one featured in CoroCoro - Same as above really. Just because it's not been revealed yet, doesn't mean it's not coming.

People really need to stop acting like things are definite or "very un/likely" to happen seeming only GameFreak and some of Nintendo know whats happening in this game, so until they are released, nothing is definite without confirmation!

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE |
    0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    If they actually gave a damn about having Light/Dark counterparts, they would've done that with Cresselia and Darkrai. Besides, the colors on Xerneas' horns aren't really strong enough evidence of that, and are more likely to represent the proteins found in DNA.
    I think I love you.
    Not creepy at all. Heh.
    Kidding about that, but finally, someone brings up the DNA things. *happy happy dance*

someone posted this a while ago.

Lol.

Anyways, something I'd like to see for this generation in terms of a new evolution method would be leveling up your Pokemon while battling specific Pokemon only. I think it would be cool to have to find a somewhat common Pokemon exclusive to this new region and level up your specific Pokemon against it. I feel like this could work with a relationship like Zangoose and Seviper's had they evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Anyways, something I'd like to see for this generation in terms of a new evolution method would be leveling up your Pokemon while battling specific Pokemon only. I think it would be cool to have to find a somewhat common Pokemon exclusive to this new region and level up your specific Pokemon against it. I feel like this could work with a relationship like Zangoose and Seviper's had they evolutions.
    That could work if one of the Pokemon were new, but not for something like Zangoose and Seviper. It has to be a way that couldn't have been done before, and since Zangoose and Seviper have battled each other a zillion times in the past, it wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly evolve that way in 6th gen.

Quote Originally Posted by stevencloser View Post
    So tings wrong with that pic.

First umbreon and espeon are missing
    Second there's an extra Greg one
    Three why would we get an extra two AND ninfia

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    People really need to stop acting like things are definite or "very un/likely" to happen seeming only GameFreak and some of Nintendo know whats happening in this game, so until they are released, nothing is definite without confirmation!
    ^This. This is what every person here needs to read and digest into their brain.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Sweet and if Ninfia is the pink one then the other would be orange? maybe I will get my ground type Eevee afterall!

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

lolwut

Just because something is typed ??? Doesn't mean a damn thing. Just means we don't know anything about it. Only Nintendo amd GameFreak know the types and whatnot. Are you an employee? No? Then stop.

So tings wrong with that pic.

First umbreon and espeon are missing
    Second there's an extra Greg one
    Three why would we get an extra two AND ninfia
    It's the same as the older picture, it just replaces the ribbon with those two characters, the left one the same colour as the ribbon, leaving the right one with this orange/brownish colour suggesting ground or fighting which both would work well with Ninfia being Flying.

Not sure I'd call this a reputable source.

Credit to ~BrightStarVictory~ for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlueEyes7799 View Post
    lolwut

Just because something is typed ??? Doesn't mean a damn thing. Just means we don't know anything about it. Only Nintendo amd GameFreak know the types and whatnot. Are you an employee? No? Then stop.

Its called speculating, no need to be so blunt
    Let people go at it and don't involve yourself if you don't enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Not sure I'd call this a reputable source.
    I didn't claim it was, but the old picture with the ribbon was spot-on as teasing a new Eeveelution.

Page 268 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1682182582642652662672682692702712722783183681268 ... LastLast