Page 445 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 3453954354414424434444454464474484494554955451445 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,125 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

i gotta admit, for an unreliable, most likely fake leak, rumor batch #4 was very realistic when i read it, and it sounded kind of cool. it's my favorite one so far, so I'm curious to see what coro coro and Pokemon smash reveal in the upcoming weeks. i know some of the things were a little weird, like replacing happiness with a bonding system. but it does make the game more realistic and i feel like the Pokemon Co. is willing to make changes to the games for the next generation of gamers. again, I'm not promoting/supporting/confirming this rumor

EDIT: obviously, the leak meant that the DEFAULT names are Jean and Jane, as DazedMinezumi said. also, as i recalled, we CAN name our rival in b2w2
    Last edited by flamebeam; 24th February 2013 at 4:57 AM.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Sounds interesting and new, but I believe it's fake. However, if something new in the game is similar to this, I would be surprised I viewed it as fake.

Back to dex entries, we need a physical Ghost type Pokémon other than Golurk and more special Dark type Pokémon other than Hydreigon.
    Any other suggestions?
    I know the move topic has been discussed to death, but some Pokémon would benefit from new moves.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Sounds interesting and new, but I believe it's fake. However, if something new in the game is similar to this, I would be surprised I viewed it as fake.

Back to dex entries, we need a physical Ghost type Pokémon other than Golurk and more special Dark type Pokémon other than Hydreigon.
    Any other suggestions?
    I know the move topic has been discussed to death, but some Pokémon would benefit from new moves.
    it is fake
    don't look too much into it

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    The main thing that I don't like is that it say's the trainer names are non-customizable..... what, WHAT! If that's talking about not having the ability to name yourself that's just wrong, we've always been able to name are character. Granite in Gen V we couldn't name are rivals(B2/W2 Hugh), I wouldn't mind if they didn't give us the ability to name are rivals again. Not having that ability to name ourselves would ruin the whole fantasy feeling that you are the trainer, rather experiencing it in 3rd person so to speak.
    He said that the Trainers themselves aren't customizable, in response to the popular demand for customization (which many people think will definitely happen now).

He isn't talking about the names, he just didn't phrase it very well.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Shadow Ball USED to be a Base 80 Physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    Shadow Ball USED to be a Base 80 Physical.
    Except that was because the type's specialty as a whole was physical attack. Additionally, Shadow Ball itself didn't make sense as a physical move (the same way it didn't make sense that the elemental punches were specially offensive). I'm glad Gen IV split the attacks to Sp. Atk/Atk.

Ghost definitely needs a better option than Shadow Punch and Shadow Force (which has terrible distribution due to its signature attack status).

^ Maybe:

Dusk Strike (Japanese Name BTW) 100 Base Power, 100% Accuracy.

^i think you mean dusk strike. if that's what you meant, then YES! i love that for a move

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Except that was because the type's specialty as a whole was physical attack. Additionally, Shadow Ball itself didn't make sense as a physical move (the same way it didn't make sense that the elemental punches were specially offensive). I'm glad Gen IV split the attacks to Sp. Atk/Atk.

Ghost definitely needs a better option than Shadow Punch and Shadow Force (which has terrible distribution due to its signature attack status).
    i thought it was emerald that changed atk/sp. atk. differentiation??? my childhood is a blur

and ghosts really do need more moves. as of now, ghost is a secondary type for me, like my precious chandelure

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post

You forgot Shadow Claw

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Dark-types are now better than Ghost-types thanks to more variety and moves.
    We need MOAR good ghosts and moves, 5th gen brought us some great ones.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

Spoiler:- Seeking:

Spoiler:- Offering:

Quote Originally Posted by Cobali View Post
    Like how Pawnard was until it evolved into Bisharp? /shot because Pawnard has "Pawn" in it's name.
    Pawniard's evolutionary line an be "expanded" to include more chess pieces...What do you think?

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

I've always wanted an ice fighting type
    A female humoid that uses icicle whips or somthing

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Though sounds convincing, I still believe its fake and not true at all. For me, I still want the classic Pokemon from Generation 1 remain un-evolve-able but pre-evolution is fine.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

I am really looking forward to an evolution or pre-evo of Heraceoss I think that would be total boss!
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Quote Originally Posted by DazedMinezumi View Post
    The leak doesn't mean they take away customizable names. It means that the character's default names are Jean and Jane. Just like Hilbert and Hilda, and Dawn and Lucas. GF wouldn't do that. So that can't be used as a reason that the leaks are fake. I personally am hoping they're real. The card suit legendaries sound awesome.
    Can we please not call rumours "leaks". Leaks are when actual information comes out prior to official release, usually through magazines being obtained before release or accidental uploads to a site. Rumours are just like this; groundless statements with little to no basis in fact.

The leak (EDIT: okay, rumour, then) looks interesting. It feels very, very credible. And wouldn't it eventually become a leak if some of its contents were officially announced? I think this will happen sooner or later. It could even be that the leaker had the permission to spread this kind of information through an unofficial source. Gives people things to discuss and a lots of time to get used to the upcoming new features (when if they become true).

Gotta say that I like the revealed models much more already than I liked most from Gen V. Extremely cool-looking, they look more organic and natural again. More like types that first come to my mind when "Pokémon" is mentioned.

Yveltal is very cool! If I get a game from this gen, I'll go with Y. Presuming that you can get it in Y. One could think so. :P Their typings are very interesting, too. Both can be strong against each other (Rock beats Flying, yet Ghost beats Psychic), but Xerneas' STAB moves can never be weak against Yveltal, so it's presumably a bit dominating. Great analogy to chromosomes where X, indeed, is the more dominant one, yet Y can become the second one and thus a male is born.

Too bad that there are going to be six legendaries out of 99 new Pokémon. I don't like the high amounts of legendaries; they don't feel that legedary anymore. Although the ratio has been worse. Hope we'll be getting that Poison legendary based on pollution or a pandemia!

Gotta see the second and third forms before I'd choose my starter. At the moment I'd go with either Froakie or Chespin. More "boyish". :P Chespin is cute, looks as much a baby form as a baby form can look like. And don't you just love Froakie's glasses?

I believe what's said there in the rumour, that Sylveon is going to be Normal (or does it say that "Pure Normal" is going to be a type? I don't think so). It doesn't look any other than Normal. Kinda makes sense that this new evo would evolve through that new Bonding system; Eevee evolutions have always based on a new feature the game brings to the table.
    Last edited by Golemite; 24th February 2013 at 4:23 PM.

My current and FINAL Red team.
    I just can't start a new one since there are no Link Cables around these days. Requiscat in Pace! :´(
    (^ Okay, gotta admit it looks better in COLOR! )

It bothers me that that "bank" feature in the so-called "leak" (and I use the term lightly) is lifted straight from the Animal Crossing series.
    Come on, if you want your info to at least appear vaguely legit, then use some originality for god's sake.

On a different note, only six legendaries? That number is a little too small for comfort.
    Last edited by Poetry; 24th February 2013 at 4:21 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

It's fake, or at least I hope it is. Rumor's are usually bad, like this one. I don't want to play as Jean!
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    It's fake, or at least I hope it is. Rumor's are usually bad, like this one. I don't want to play as Jean!
    I like the name Jean. Whats wrong with it ?

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I like the name Jean. Whats wrong with it ?
    It almost sounds like a girls name. I want to play as myself.

You'll still be able to input your own name for the MPC, regardless of the official names and info from fake sources. Where is the logic in removing that feature?
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Can't you change names anyway, like in previous generations? They've all had their canonical names, yet you can enter any name possible (in seven characters).

Oddly the names have always been customizable, unlike the character's looks or clothing. I'd sure hope that they would let the players customize their characters. :/

On topic... Hmm, a lots of new baby Pokémon. I always feel it's a bit weird that bred Pinsir were once born as Pinsir, but not from certain moment on. :P

My current and FINAL Red team.
    I just can't start a new one since there are no Link Cables around these days. Requiscat in Pace! :´(
    (^ Okay, gotta admit it looks better in COLOR! )

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    You'll still be able to input your own name for the MPC, regardless of the official name.
    I'm pretty sure the names said not Changeable.
    I want it to be Fake, same thing the 5th Generation Starter Evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Golemite View Post
    The leak (EDIT: okay, rumour, then) looks interesting. It feels very, very credible. And wouldn't it eventually become a leak if some of its contents were officially announced? I think this will happen sooner or later. It could even be that the leaker had the permission to spread this kind of information through an unofficial source. Gives people things to discuss and a lots of time to get used to the upcoming new features (when if they become true).
    That is just bad bad bad marketing. Nintendo and TPCi would never authorize such unofficial spread of info

That rumor's just a rumor. It's too innovative to be a leak of what's in the next gen. As far as I remember, with each new generation there were only some new innovative things, not a whole plethora.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Page 445 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 3453954354414424434444454464474484494554955451445 ... LastLast