Page 513 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 4134635035095105115125135145155165175235636131513 ... LastLast
Results 12,801 to 12,825 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by RogueLapras View Post
    Yeah I'm not ruling out another Eeveelution, but the chances of another one are getting slimmer and slimmer.

If we get another Eeveelution it will probably be very obvious about which type it will be; therefore, the devs might just release it later... That's what I'm hoping for anyway....
    I thought the same thing. If there is another one, I bet they released Sylveon on its own to create a stir around its type (mission accomplished). All I know is that if we won't have Sylveon's type in the next CoroCoro, I'm going to lose my mind. I can't handle another month or more of speculating!
    Alpha Sapphire Team:

Hoenn Pokédex: Caught 120/211
    Friend Code: 3497-2105-7478 (Scott)

Is anyone noticing a little patern in what Pokemon we get for each generation? I'm most likely overthinking it but I think it's pretty cool.

Gens 1, 3 , and 5 (The odd number gens) : full of all brand new Pokemon with little (gen 3) or no (gen 5) relation to previous generation Pokemon, also having the biggest amount of new Pokemon introduced compared to the even numbered gens.

Gens 2, 4, and 6 (The even number gens) : not many new Pokemon, new eeveelutions introduced, most Pokemon being related to previous generation Pokemon.

Sorry if this sounded dumb or confusing, it sounds way better in my head. :P
    All hail Scizor.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueSerperior View Post
    Is anyone noticing a little patern in what Pokemon we get for each generation? I'm most likely overthinking it but I think it's pretty cool.

Gens 1, 3 , and 5 (The odd number gens) : full of all brand new Pokemon with little (gen 3) or no (gen 5) relation to previous generation Pokemon, also having the biggest amount of new Pokemon introduced compared to the even numbered gens.

Gens 2, 4, and 6 (The even number gens) : not many new Pokemon, new eeveelutions introduced, most Pokemon being related to previous generation Pokemon.

Sorry if this sounded dumb or confusing, it sounds way better in my head. :P
    Uh, this is actually a very well-known fact...It has been discussed highly in depth with the second part being basis for a new eeveelution before Sylveon was released.

With CoroCoro possibly leaking in the next week, what are you hoping to see dex wise? Any fears? I know I fear the light type.

Serebii lurker since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Uh, this is actually a very well-known fact...It has been discussed highly in depth with the second part being basis for a new eeveelution before Sylveon was released.
    Really? Well I missed out, I've had a little break from Serebii and other Pokemon forums since early 2012 way before the new games were announced.
    All hail Scizor.

Is there a reason that sylveon looks bigger than the other eeveelutions?

Really? Well I missed out, I've had a little break from Serebii and other Pokemon forums since early 2012 way before the new games were announced.
    Yeah it's been a well known fact for quite a few years... probably since Gen V was first released if not before...

Quote Originally Posted by darkgojira View Post
    Well most of them it's taller than, and some it's not. I did think it looked much bigger than the rest though...

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by darkgojira View Post
    If you look closely Pikachu and Sylveon are standing slightly in front

I'm not on much anymore...

i know this obvious but so far ALL the eevelutions' types matched their alleged coloring so that limits slyveon possible types to normal, fighting, flying, and MAYBE dragon but then again it would've appeared scaly as to smooth fur. Then has it also occured to anybody that pokemon NEVER released only 1 eevelution? its has always been only two every other gen ever since 2nd gen. and so far pokemon aren't that suprising in eevelutions which is why they cause hype

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    i know this obvious but so far ALL the eevelutions' types matched their alleged coloring so that limits slyveon possible types to normal, fighting, flying, and MAYBE dragon but then again it would've appeared scaly as to smooth fur. Then has it also occured to anybody that pokemon NEVER released only 1 eevelution? its has always been only two every other gen ever since 2nd gen. and so far pokemon aren't that suprising in eevelutions which is why they cause hype
    Well for all we know this could be the first time they do otherwise, you never know.
    All hail Scizor.

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    The only problem is that we have a pink type, Psychic. And which we already had one, Espeon.
    To me, Sylveon is a Flying-Type. Maybe Normal, but I wanted it to have the same fur as Eevee.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Well for all we know this could be the first time they do otherwise, you never know.
    For all we know, they could be releasing eeveelutions for ALL the remaining types, and they just showed us one first to screw with us. Not likely, but an interesting thought.
    Alpha Sapphire Team:

Hoenn Pokédex: Caught 120/211
    Friend Code: 3497-2105-7478 (Scott)

I just think it's becoming annoying that we haven't had any info for a while. Starters, 2 legends and an eeveelution. We only have the obvious types for the starters. No region info, no character info, no typing for anything else. I wonder if they could give a few teasers of new type combinations they're going to use? It's like the opposite of what they've been doing now, with revealing pokemon without types. I feel like it's less of a spoiler for them to reveal some of that, but will spark some more creative discussion and USEFUL speculation haha.

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by GerudoPrince View Post
    I just think it's becoming annoying that we haven't had any info for a while. Starters, 2 legends and an eeveelution. We only have the obvious types for the starters. No region info, no character info, no typing for anything else. I wonder if they could give a few teasers of new type combinations they're going to use? It's like the opposite of what they've been doing now, with revealing pokemon without types. I feel like it's less of a spoiler for them to reveal some of that, but will spark some more creative discussion and USEFUL speculation haha.
    We get info every month, thats how it works for a lot of games in Japan, new gaming magazines come out and we get info, Pokemon till the release of a game has stuff revealed every month, so we get info in a pretty steady pace imo, wait 3-5 days we should get this month scans.

I just had a thought that I've never seen before: What if all of the artwork for Sylveon that we've been give is shiny coloring meant to throw us off? I don't see Sylveon being a Flying type at all, and the pink color doesn't help (yeah, yeah Skyla this whatever, makes no sense), so if it were actually blue I'd be a lot more accepting.
    Even though Sylveon looks nothing like a kite besides bows and ribbon, in which case I'm speculating a new school-girl type because come on. Sylveon's body doesn't look like it could catch wind like say Gligar's.
    Personally, I always pictured a Flying eeveelution's body to be made up of ever-coarsing pale-blue wind or at least fur that gave that impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    We get info every month, thats how it works for a lot of games in Japan, new gaming magazines come out and we get info, Pokemon till the release of a game has stuff revealed every month, so we get info in a pretty steady pace imo, wait 3-5 days we should get this month scans.
    Yeah, that's true. But I feel that this would have been a good opportunity to set up a reveal website that reached a more global audience (given the whole worldwide release date etc.). Idk if anyone followed the release of super smash bros brawl, but they set up a website (smash bros dojo i think), where they revealed a new aspect of the game each week, starting about a year before it was actually released.

I know this wouldn't work with pokemon quite as well (and it would be terrible to reveal the game before release!). But for smash bros it really added to the hype and excitement, because you knew when info was coming, and it was regular. Things like new pokemon attacks, new items, region towns, some new pokemon, new characters etc. might have worked.

But the surprise of finding things out for the first time when you play is probably worth it

November 2014

Quote Originally Posted by GerudoPrince View Post
    Yeah, that's true. But I feel that this would have been a good opportunity to set up a reveal website that reached a more global audience (given the whole worldwide release date etc.). Idk if anyone followed the release of super smash bros brawl, but they set up a website (smash bros dojo i think), where they revealed a new aspect of the game each week, starting about a year before it was actually released.

I know this wouldn't work with pokemon quite as well (and it would be terrible to reveal the game before release!). But for smash bros it really added to the hype and excitement, because you knew when info was coming, and it was regular. Things like new pokemon attacks, new items, region towns, some new pokemon, new characters etc. might have worked.

But the surprise of finding things out for the first time when you play is probably worth it
    We have a Website up worldwide and in a lot of languages and its being updated when the japanese ones is, aka 1 day after CoroCoro comes out usually.

We will get gameplay information and new pokemon, there is still a lot of months to go, I'm guessing this is the first time you follow a pokemon game release.

If they don't reveal any new pokemon but just new info I'm to start thinking the dex is going to smaller then I was expecting which is 100-120.

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    I just had a thought that I've never seen before: What if all of the artwork for Sylveon that we've been give is shiny coloring meant to throw us off? I don't see Sylveon being a Flying type at all, and the pink color doesn't help (yeah, yeah Skyla this whatever, makes no sense), so if it were actually blue I'd be a lot more accepting.
    Even though Sylveon looks nothing like a kite besides bows and ribbon, in which case I'm speculating a new school-girl type because come on. Sylveon's body doesn't look like it could catch wind like say Gligar's.
    Personally, I always pictured a Flying eeveelution's body to be made up of ever-coarsing pale-blue wind or at least fur that gave that impression.
    Nice thesis. Good to see someone thinking outside the box. Another thing of note that I've not noticed being brought up is that, while unlikely, it could be an evolution which has a different colour/shape with gender. The possibilities!

Serebii lurker since 2006.

Here's my take on Sylveon's typing.

-Flying: This one is really hard to disprove because there is evidence that supports a Flying-Type. Slyph in it's name, It resembles a kite, the statue of the Golurk and Palpitoad had an Eevee probably hinting at Ground Eeveeloution and what's the opposite of Ground? Flying. So we might be getting another Eeveeloution this gen.

Problem with Flying is Eeveeloution's are notorious for resembling and being an embodiment of their respective type, granted they don't have to but the pattern is there nonetheless.

-Normal: It has similar color schemes of previous Pink Normal-Types. Does not seem to fall into the other 16 types image-wise.

Problem with Normal is Eevee is already a Normal-Type, granted they could make an Eeveeloution of any type but then why does Sylveon not even have the same coloring or similar features as Eevee? also what a let down to find out after all the hype surrounding this Pokemon and it turns out only to be Normal-Type.

-Dual-typed: It has hints of both Normal and Flying-Type Perhaps both?

Problem with that is so far Eeveeloution have all been one type but who's to say that can't change?

-New Type: I don't care if you don't want a new type the possibility is still there, so don't start. Sylveon doesn't really embody one of the 17 types and the problems I listed with it being Flying and/or Normal are the reasons why I think a new type. Not to mention I really want a new one :P

Problem with this is it's been a while since they released a new Type(since gen 2) so the chances of that happening are low. But hey I can still hope for my Fairy-Type.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 8th March 2013 at 1:59 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

That would be interesting, and amazing. When I saw this post I immediately thought of a blue Sylveon, and it sounds a lot better looking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    We have a Website up worldwide and in a lot of languages and its being updated when the japanese ones is, aka 1 day after CoroCoro comes out usually.

We will get gameplay information and new pokemon, there is still a lot of months to go, I'm guessing this is the first time you follow a pokemon game release.

If they don't reveal any new pokemon but just new info I'm to start thinking the dex is going to smaller then I was expecting which is 100-120.
    LOL. No.

I think region or character info should be next.

I doubt the revealed Sylveon is actually a shiny. But it would be nice to have another eeveelution as a counterpart (this one seems very feminine, and I'm liking the gender theories)

November 2014

Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    That would be interesting, and amazing. When I saw this post I immediately thought of a blue Sylveon, and it sounds a lot better looking to me.
    Yes! And if you think about it, the anime always showcases more shinies, so it's logical that the short would use a shiny pokemon.
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Here's my take on Sylveon's typing.

-Normal: It has similar color schemes of previous Pink Normal-Types. Does not seem to fall into the other 16 types image-wise.

Problem with Normal is Eevee is already a Normal-Type, granted they could make an Eeveeloution of any type but then why does Sylveon not even have the same coloring or similar features as Eevee? also what a let down to find out after all the hype surrounding this Pokemon and it turns out only to be Normal-Type.
    Why is that necessary? There are plenty of Pokemon evolutionary lines with that trait.
    Ghosts Rule!
        Spoiler:- Plans for X/Y:

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBrains View Post
    Why is that necessary? There are plenty of Pokemon evolutionary lines with that trait.
    that is true but it is a very iconic pokemon
    and there are also many pokemon that keep the color scheme of their previous evos

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBrains View Post
    Well not really necessary more so not realistic. Eevee is the evolution pokemon. Since it evolves into a different type to better suit it's surroundings I don't see how keeping the same type upon evolution would look so far off or for that matter evolve at all.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Page 513 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 4134635035095105115125135145155165175235636131513 ... LastLast