Page 773 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 6737237637697707717727737747757767777838238731773 ... LastLast
Results 19,301 to 19,325 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

If they create a Light type, what types do you think it'd be strong or weak against.

For now, all I can think of is having both Light & Dark types have a parallel effect to each other since you need light and darkness to achieve balance.

In other words, they'd both be immune, resistant, or super effective to each other just as Bug types and Fighting types are resistant to each other, or how Normal & Ghost types are immune to each other
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 8th April 2013 at 1:08 AM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post
    I've mentioned this idea before, but for the shark idea, Basculin is the perfect candidate.

One of the forms could evolve into a Hammerhead Shark.
    The other could evolve into a Swordfish/Sawfish.

I think it's a simple idea that'd actually give Basculin a use, which would be nice.
    Yeah, I thought a hammerhead/swordfish would be cool too, but never thought that they could be split evos of Basculin.
    Seems like a good idea, gotta give that poor fella a good use...
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    If they create a Light type, what types do you think it'd be strong or weak against.

For now, all I can think of is having both Light & Dark types have a parallel effect to each other since you need light and darkness to achieve balance.

In other words, they'd both be immune, resistant, or super effective to each other just as Bug types and Fighting types are resistant to each other, or how Normal & Ghost types are immune to each other
    ok you do realize that dark already has it's counterpart?
    dark is literally evil type and fighting is hero
    as dumb as it may sound it's true
    also dark is fighting dirty and fighting is fighting with honor

Just try to balance stuff out and help out less loved types possibly?

SE against:
    Water
    Dragon
    Dark
    (Something?)

Weak to:
    Poison
    Dark
    Grass

Resistant to:
    Water
    Dragon
    Fighting

NVE against:
    Poison
    Ice
    Ghost

Help me out here guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post

SE against:
    Water
    Dragon
    Dark
    (Something?)

Weak to:
    Poison
    Dark
    Grass

Resistant to:
    Water
    Dragon
    Fighting

NVE against:
    Poison
    Ice
    Ghost

Help me out here guys
    Ok let's just say there is a light type, how about dark is SE to light, and vice versa. Because darkness makes light go away, and light illuminates the dark.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

being the idiot that I am, i ask this: with 2013 being another year of Dinosaurs in Japan (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger), do you think we'll see a T-Rex & Triceratops-esq fossil pokemon?
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

Black FC: 0389-8081-4375
    White FC: 3009-7392-4895
    Black 2 FC: 2323-3950-3357
    White 2 FC: 2967-6401-6065
    3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

Quote Originally Posted by BLADEDGE View Post
    being the idiot that I am, i ask this: with 2013 being another year of Dinosaurs in Japan (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger), do you think we'll see a T-Rex & Triceratops-esq fossil pokemon?
    I've hoped for a t-Rex pokemon since we had charizard.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

also, Dark represents fear (see this DYKG vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeRcxEUEq_4 )
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

Black FC: 0389-8081-4375
    White FC: 3009-7392-4895
    Black 2 FC: 2323-3950-3357
    White 2 FC: 2967-6401-6065
    3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

SE against:
    Water
    Dragon
    Dark
    (Something?)

Weak to:
    Poison
    Dark
    Grass

Resistant to:
    Water
    Dragon
    Fighting

NVE against:
    Poison
    Ice
    Ghost

Help me out here guys
    If you're talking about Light, this makes no sense at all. SE against Dark and vice versa I can see since it's self-evident...but how the heck does it overpower against Dragons and and Water...? Further more, how the heck does poison and Grass affect Light...? The typing SE/NVE distribution make 0 sense tbh. This is why Light-type as a whole makes no sense in terms of game balance and it's just a novelty that fans want rather than what the game actually needs.
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 8th April 2013 at 3:11 AM.

So wait guys. Does this mean that, since we got the new Mewtwo thing we won't be seeing anything new on this month's Corocoro? Or will we possibly get something new?

I know there isn't really a way to know, but based on some of your guys' experience you might have a good idea of what we COULD expect...
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    So wait guys. Does this mean that, since we got the new Mewtwo thing we won't be seeing anything new on this month's Corocoro? Or will we possibly get something new?

I know there isn't really a way to know, but based on some of your guys' experience you might have a good idea of what we COULD expect...
    More or less a repeat of what we got yesterday.
    So yes, probably just Mewtwo, and possible clarification if this is a completely new forme, or an entirely new Pokemon.

There could be additional XY tidbits here and there, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    If you're talking about Light, this makes no sense at all. SE against Dark and vice versa I can see since it's self-evident...but how the heck does it overpower against Dragons and and Water...? Further more, how the heck does poison and Grass affect Light...? The typing SE/NVE distribution make 0 sense tbh. This is why Light-type as a whole makes no sense in terms of game balance and it's just a novelty that fans want rather than what the game actually needs.
    We already have type matchups that make no sense. I'm simply trying to bring balance.

Maybe: Light penetrate water easily, Dragon... no idea

Grass for the same reason that water is weak to grass

Quote Originally Posted by BLADEDGE View Post
    I doubt Sentai has any bearing on that, but yeah, we're long overdue for a T-Rex and Triceratops fossil Pokemon. Those are like, the most popular dinosaurs, it's a huge mystery why we still haven't see any Pokemon based on them.

and regarding Light & Poison interaction, in order to make sense Light should be SE to Poison and Poison should be NVE to (or even does not affect) Light.....which would "weaken" Poison even more.

(the logic here is that Light -> recovery -> recover from poison)

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

yeah it's all because of the introduction of dark and the SE/NVE for that makes no sense
    i kind of wish they just rebalanced the type chart in gen I so they didn't have to do dark type so people wouldn't be wanting light type
    i'm just getting tired of it all

Maybe light types could be strong against flying types because of how birds or pilots could be blinded by bright sunlight & weak against rock or ground types because you can't see any light when you're trapped in a cave or buried underground

A pokemon based on a Velociraptor would be really cool. Maybe it could evolve into a tyrannosaurus?

Maybe light types could be strong against flying types because of how birds or pilots could be blinded by bright sunlight & weak against rock or ground types because you can't see any light when you're trapped in a cave or buried underground
    what?
    no just no
    like he said SE/NVE of this supposed light type makes no sense

It's simply there to help out the little guys

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    what? no just nolike he said SE/NVE of this supposed light type makes no sense
    Yeah, the more I look at these posts, including my own, the more I see your point. While having new types would be cool a light type just wouldn't fit

It's simply there to help out the little guys
    but it would be easier to just add a SEness to poison and a resistance to ice
    adding a whole new type to the chaos of 17 types would just make it more chaotic
    there are many games that do just fine with five or some even four

Ehhh, maybe Injsut thought a light type would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    but it would be easier to just add a SEness to poison and a resistance to ice
    adding a whole new type to the chaos of 17 types would just make it more chaotic
    there are many games that do just fine with five or some even four
    Here's my thoughts on the light type, if it happened it would bring a whole new challenge/aspect to the game and it's series, I personally don't think it will happen, but if it does it will be confusing to decide what it's weaknesses and its strengths are, I don't think GameFreak is up for that challenge yet, but if they do figure out its weaknesses and strengths and add this new type it will change the game entirely.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y

Hopefully in the upcoming months they reveal newer pokemon, these are some new designs I'd like:::
    I'm still hoping for another eeveelution- hopefully ground
    Also hoping for a grass/_____ /panda, ( maybe fighting )
    Also waiting on a koala bear pokemon(grass)
    Also on my wish list is a dolphin (water/____) a swordfish (water/fighting), and new elephant and kangaroo pokemon, maybe a clown or clownfish style pokemon too.
    Also would love to see a flamingo pokemon- water/flying
    And possibly a snowman pokemon as a new ice type?
    Frostite-ice, small snowman, little arms, carrot nose, coal eyes/mouth
    Snowmight- ice/dark, larger, big arms, gains top hat and coal coat-like design on middle snowball, This snowman could get some signature moves like ice spear/carrot cut?
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Sylveon's type facts.
    "Sylv" -eon the sylv part in Japan is pronounced sylph.
    Sylph (also called sylphid) is a mythological creature in the Western tradition. The term originates in Paracelsus, who describes sylphs as invisible beings of the air, his elementals of air.
    Takes after a creature in mythological times who's element is air. Therefor sylveon is a flying type.

Now here is the only other possibility: Ghost
    Since "sylv" is pronounced sylph, it's possible it's spelt another way too.
    Remember back to FR/LG the Silph scope was used to see the ghost pokemon in the tower. So going back to Sylveon it may not be this flying type that I expect, rather it could be a ghost type based off the old FR/LG games Key item the "Silph Scope".

That's my theory on Sylveon.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Hopefully in the upcoming months they reveal newer pokemon, these are some new designs I'd like:::
    I'm still hoping for another eeveelution- hopefully ground
    Also hoping for a grass/_____ /panda, ( maybe fighting )
    Also waiting on a koala bear pokemon(grass)
    Also on my wish list is a dolphin (water/____) a swordfish (water/fighting), and new elephant and kangaroo pokemon, maybe a clown or clownfish style pokemon too.
    Also would love to see a flamingo pokemon- water/flying
    And possibly a snowman pokemon as a new ice type?
    Frostite-ice, small snowman, little arms, carrot nose, coal eyes/mouth
    Snowmight- ice/dark, larger, big arms, gains top hat and coal coat-like design on middle snowball, This snowman could get some signature moves like ice spear/carrot cut?
    And this is how disappointment forms...
    THE
    END...?

Page 773 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 6737237637697707717727737747757767777838238731773 ... LastLast