Page 852 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7528028428488498508518528538548558568629029521852 ... LastLast
Results 21,276 to 21,300 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Hate to bring it up but... What is Sylveon doing on the movie trailer? Looks like a Psychic move...

My current and FINAL Red team.
    I just can't start a new one since there are no Link Cables around these days. Requiscat in Pace! :´(
    (^ Okay, gotta admit it looks better in COLOR! )

Quote Originally Posted by Golemite View Post
    Hate to bring it up but... What is Sylveon doing on the movie trailer? Looks like a Psychic move...
    Maybe another type that just used a Psychic move. No seriously we can't have a couple eeveelutions of the same type.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Krookodile777 View Post

I made this picture illustrating some pokemon that I think badly need new evolutions in X & Y. What do people think?
    I think scrafty is just fine as it is

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    that really doesn't matter though there are many pokemon people couldn't tell what they were
    yes i am looking at reshiram, zekrom, palkia, and multitudes of others
    I think Palkia was more predictable because of the fact Pearls are made by clams, which are sea creatures. But Zekrom and Reshiram were very surprising, at least to me.

Anyway, how about a Elephant/Kettle Pokemon? It'd be a Kettle, with the Elephant's trunk being the spout, and it has legs. It evolves into a Tea-based Pokemon and a Coffee-based Pokemon. It'd have cute little ears '3'.

The Coffee Elephant is faster and more powerful, referencing to Coffee being used to give energy due to Caffeine. Is a darker colour, and has developed tusks.

The Tea Elephant is slower, but more of a tank, as Tea is often used to relax. It's a lighter colour, and is a lot fatter than the Coffee.

My names for them:

Kettele-Kett-el-ee-Water-Flash Fire (Being Absorbed)/Weak Armour-Basic Kettle

Coffeleph-Cough-el-ef-Water/Electric-Water Absorb (Fits with the other two.)/Weak Armour-Based off of more modern Kettles, with a plug-tail.

Phantea-Fan-tee-Water/Ground-Sap Sipper (Tea Leaves)/Weak Armour-Based off of clay teapots.

The hyperactive Coffeleph and more peaceful Phantea have a rivalry, with your rival using one or the other depending on if you have X or Y, but only if Froakie isn't present on his team. Another important trainer (Your Mom?) has the one your rival hasn't.

Damn Phantea would give Gastrodon a run for his money.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I think Palkia was more predictable because of the fact Pearls are made by clams, which are sea creatures. But Zekrom and Reshiram were very surprising, at least to me.

Anyway, how about a Elephant/Kettle Pokemon? It'd be a Kettle, with the Elephant's trunk being the spout, and it has legs. It evolves into a Tea-based Pokemon and a Coffee-based Pokemon. It'd have cute little ears '3'.

The Coffee Elephant is faster and more powerful, referencing to Coffee being used to give energy due to Caffeine. Is a darker colour, and has developed tusks.

The Tea Elephant is slower, but more of a tank, as Tea is often used to relax. It's a lighter colour, and is a lot fatter than the Coffee.

My names for them:

Kettele-Kett-el-ee-Water-Flash Fire (Being Absorbed)/Weak Armour-Basic Kettle

Coffeleph-Cough-el-ef-Water/Electric-Water Absorb (Fits with the other two.)/Weak Armour-Based off of more modern Kettles, with a plug-tail.

Phantea-Fan-tee-Water/Ground-Sap Sipper (Tea Leaves)/Weak Armour-Based off of clay teapots.

The hyperactive Coffeleph and more peaceful Phantea have a rivalry, with your rival using one or the other depending on if you have X or Y, but only if Froakie isn't present on his team. Another important trainer (Your Mom?) has the one your rival hasn't.

Damn Phantea would give Gastrodon a run for his money.

Good ideas, but I'd imagine they would get a lot of hate as people would think of them as like the ice cream pokemon of this generation.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Good ideas, but I'd imagine they would get a lot of hate as people would think of them as like the ice cream pokemon of this generation.
    But unlike Vannilite, they aren't just inanimate objects. There animals, too.

Also, Mawile evo and Sableye evo. They seem to represent defense, as Steel is the best single offensive type, and Ghost/Dark is the best defensive dual-type.

Perhaps parralels to Mawile and Sableye? Ground (The best single offensive type) and Ghost/Fight or Fire/Dragon (Resisted by none, bar Heatran for Fire/Dragon)

Not really. My personal observation is that Pokemon that incorporate animals as part of the concept are generally well-received, or at least stay out of the target zone of flamers.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Not really. My personal observation is that Pokemon that incorporate animals as part of the concept are generally well-received, or at least stay out of the target zone of flamers.
    I was focusing more on them being partially based off of kettles, it would kinda scream 'we're running out of ideas'.
    But yeah, I guess they could be taken well as the animal part would balance it out.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Krookodile777, Scrafty and Sableye definitely don't need evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Golemite
    I don't really know either. The second trailer has really messed up what type I thought Sylveon was going to be.

Sableye actually somewhat does. Scrafty for sure doesn't need one at all.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Krookodile777, Scrafty and Sableye definitely don't need evolutions.

I don't really know either. The second trailer has really messed up what type I thought Sylveon was going to be.

Perhaps wish, or Cosmic whateverthehellitis that boosts your Defenses? The anime does change up some moves effects.

I think Sylveon will be a new type. In all its trailers, it hasn't used a move that in my opinion, looks even remotely close to Flying.

These pokemon need evolutions:

- Dunsparce
    - Quilfish
    - Zableye
    - Mawile
    - Jynx
    - Magcargo
    - Octillerty
    - Stunfisk
    - Luvdisc ----> Alomomola

I'd become pretty mad at Gamefreak if none of these got an evolution.
    -----------------------------------

Friend Code: 4725 8144 8157

I made this picture illustrating some pokemon that I think badly need new evolutions in X & Y. What do people think?
    For me stunfisk has so much potential it would be awesome if it'd evolve
    Also farfetched, emolga, basculin would make me happy

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Perhaps wish, or Cosmic whateverthehellitis that boosts your Defenses? The anime does change up some moves effects.

I think Sylveon will be a new type. In all its trailers, it hasn't used a move that in my opinion, looks even remotely close to Flying.
    I didn't realise the only options were flying or a new type that doesn't exist......
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    For me stunfisk has so much potential it would be awesome if it'd evolve
    Also farfetched, emolga, basculin would make me happy

I didn't realise the only options were flying or a new type that doesn't exist......
    I swear some people only come here looking for arguments... He said that he thinks it is a new type, stating his opinion. He then said it doesn't look like a flying type, commenting on the, probably, most popular idea of what type it is.

I swear some people only come here looking for arguments... He said that he thinks it is a new type, stating his opinion. He then said it doesn't look like a flying type, commenting on the, probably, most popular idea of what type it is.
    Bit out of know where, I have the issue of needing sound explanations behind arguments and opinions, my bad.
    I guess questioning the fact that people generally see slyveon as flying or a new type, was a mistake in this forum.
    In future if your would like to personally confront me, as apposed to add to the dex discussion the thread is designed for, feel free to PM.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

While many of these I agree need an evo, Eviolite Scraftry and Eviolite Musharna sound like they'd be terrible to fight.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Thank you.

Anyway, I hope Sylveon has Speed as its highest, as it seems so far to be a special attacker. And why not Special Attack as highest? It's the only stat that already has two Eeveelutions stuck on it.

I'm still sticking with my theory of the short's Eevee evolving into a new, masculine Eeveelution. (Perhaps with Attack as highest, but decent speed.)

Whelp look what Melkor and Hiro posted this morning. You'd think he'd have been fired for posting all those "drawings".

1366563283654.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by xXPantheraXx View Post
    Whelp look what Melkor and Hiro posted this morning. You'd think he'd have been fired for posting all those "drawings".

1366563283654.jpg
    Please, no other new types... ;_;
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

What if Sylveon is a flying type................ and it's "ribbons" are rotor blades? o.0

Last edited by Gipauchii; 21st April 2013 at 7:43 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1349-5440-8603
    Friend Safari Details: Fighting Safari with these Pokemon: Machoke, Throh, and Breloom.

I know fairy is an egg group, but I think it sounds ridiculous as a type.
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by xXPantheraXx View Post

1366563283654.jpg
    Fairy. Seriously. Xerneas being pure Fairy. That's kinda... weird. If there's gonna be any Fairy-Pokemon, it'll be a Navi Pokemon. Hey! Listen! I can already imagine the world crumbling as Navi makes her way into every singe game series. Though it suits Sylveon in my opinion.

I'm just gonna do a random crappy theory-Haters gonna Hate!

My Top 5 guesses for Sylveon's Type;

5. Normal-As Sylveon seems to be bland, and doesn't have much of any type it looks like except normal, one expects this as the most likely type. Until you question yourself. If Eevee evolved into a Normal-Type, it'd probably just live in the same areas as Eevee, meaning Eevee shouldn't change too dramatically. But Sylveon and Eevee have very few things in common, excluding both being canines/felines/rabbits? But as said earlier, it looks like the vast pink sea of Normal.

4. Bug-Butterfly bows, the eyes. Makes sense kinda, but wouldn't an insect Eeveelution look more like an insect? However, this one has the names going for it, as Fairies and stuff (supposedly) live in the same general area as bugs. But... it looks too mammalian to me. Others may see differently, though. But this one doesn't have too much evidence against it, and Sylveon may come from Sylvan, which means 'From the Woods' or some sh*t like that.

3. Fighting-It's streamlined body, the way it can control its streamers... just makes me think it could Cross Chop you with them! But we're yet to have any girly Fighting Pokemon, so Sylveon can fit it. Perhaps a Femme Fatale? But this one doesn't really have names going for it. FYI, I think I'm subconsciously biast for this. It doesn't have much going for it, but it has even less against it.

2. Flying-Lightest Eeveelution, streamers blowing in the wind.... Reminds me for sure of Flying-Types! Unlike Dragon and Bug, Flying-Types come in all different sizes and shapes. Heck, the first Flying Pokemon in the National/Kanto Pokedex is a Fire/Flying Dragon!The names go for it, and it seems all floaty and lives on a floating island in the Eevee short. Much going for it, but not much going against it. Some people says it looks like a kite, but in all respect, I don't think so.

1-Navi-Type! Fairy-You guys are probably gonna kill me, but I see it happen. 1st, why is its types so hard to decipher? Perhaps because it doesn't exist yet! 2nd, Pink is a girly colour, and Fairies/Nymphs/Sylphs are stereotypically girly, 3rd, the bows look a bit like fairy wings, and bows are girly, another point. 4th, why hide its type for so long? Perhaps a surprise? 5th, The names. Feelirina is something do with fairies in German, and Nymphs and Sylphs are creatures along the lines of fairies. It may come from Sylvan, 'From the Forest', and as I've said, Fairies supposedly live there. Anything can happen! Plus, three of its attacks (two in the film trailer, and 1 in the reveal, the black-hole like one) could be this type, as they barely look like anything we've had so far.

Fairy could be a kind of 'Magic-Type' and so what if its an egg group? Bug, Dragon and I think Flying are. And Water has not one, not two, but three egg groups of its own. Plus, not all Pokemon in fairy have to be turned into fairy, just a few of them. Magic is different from Psychic abilities, so why not?

Slenderman Pokemon, Fairy and Dark or Fairy/Ghost. One of its inspirations was an evil fairy in Germany. And Europe is well known for Fairy-Tales!
    Last edited by MidnightFennekin; 21st April 2013 at 7:49 PM.

I've decided to just give up on guessing Sylveon's type and just wait until July to see what happens. Also, I'm now thinking that Xerneas and Yveltal have no typing since Mewtwo's new form could mean the theme for Gen vi could be cloning and genetics
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Why would Musharna, Scrafty, Galvantula, and Froslass need another evolution? They are already very powerful and giving them another form would seem a bit pointless and would take up space for more original Pokémon on the roster.

Also, Luvdisc is a discus fish and Alomomola is a sun fish. Two different types of fish. And who says we cannot have Pokémon that look similar, but are not part of the same evolutionary tree?
    Last edited by Gipauchii; 21st April 2013 at 8:01 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1349-5440-8603
    Friend Safari Details: Fighting Safari with these Pokemon: Machoke, Throh, and Breloom.

Since pokemon rumble u is releasing on wednesday I think we might finally get the news flowing in next corocoro. May is when the news flood for black and white started happening.

Page 852 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7528028428488498508518528538548558568629029521852 ... LastLast