Page 871 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7718218618678688698708718728738748758819219711871 ... LastLast
Results 21,751 to 21,775 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    On the topic of the Dex Speculation, I'm hoping for some more octo-based Pokémon and a windmill-esque Pokémon.
    Yeah! Windmill Pokemanz! Possibly Rock/Flying? (I'm thinking of those old ones that are made of stone)
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    So if fairy type is real, this mean is weak to electric type since that eevolution chart, showing the weakness off every eevolutions!
    ...or fairy is SE on electric

Neither of which make much sense... reminds me of Ghost's weaknesses... none of which make any sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i wouldn't say only religious nuts think that
    and yes they are separate to a certain extent though
    i am slightly confused on what you mean by the bolded
    search the internet for history on things like witch trials which where orchestrated by various religous people in power

to them psychic abilities = WITCHRAFT!!!!! then you get burned at the stake

got to say though a few weeks ago I was against a new type and now the more I think about it a new type seems like a breath of fresh air something new after all these years and im quite enjoying that thought

:: Is a new type necessary? No, because the current type layout is fine!

:: Is there a need? it depends on who you ask. Personally, no, but I'll explain down the way

:: Should there be a reason for a new type? It could be cool, but something big would have to happen, in my opinion, for the dire need for one.

:: Is it too late to introduce a new type? Not at all! It won't be too late until it's over.

:: Can GF add, replace, or even remove a type from the type chart? Add: yes. Replace: if the new type is essentially the exact same thing, but renamed, maybe, but that would not be advisable. Remove: how would they remove a type without having a kind of "power vacuum", per say.that would easily be the toughest one to explain and execute.

:: Can GF alter the type matchup whenever and however they want? Technically, yes. Should they? No. GF should alter the type chart only of necessity. Why? The types are the most general way to describe a Pokemon. They determine the abilities and moves, which can be added much easier due to the fact that they can be more exclusive. The type system is like the Kingdom classification in Biology. Pokemon are divided into the different types, and no type is an exclusive one for one single Pokemon, as it is made as a larger classification. They can then be given abilities and moves (some of each can be exclusive to that Pokemon). If you look at snakes, not all produce venom, like not all constrict their prey. There are, though, multiple varieties that do either. This is how I see attacks and abilities working.

:: Do you support a new type? Not really, but it would be an interesting implementation and it would be fun to learn to use a new one. However, I agree with Feralninja, the chart if fine as it is. The light type isn't needed for the actual meaning for the dark type, as a grouping of Pokemon that battle unfairly. They also gave a counter to the Psychics of gen 1 who did not have a suitable counter. Steel was another counter, for dragons too. They are ones that were mainly created in a ying-yang/attack-defense sort of opposition.

:: Do you like Sylveon? It isn't my favorite Eeveelution, but it will do! I will be SO happy when GF reveal its type, to either damage the new type rumors or confirm them. Right now I fall into the Flying or Dragon type boats. Pokemon/GF has raised two big points, in my opinion, to support Flying. The image that was at the end of the trailer showed all of the evolutions with a symbol thing to represent their type. Sylveon's area is in the shape of an egg. One group of animals who lay eggs are birds, who are flying types. It also had a little wing-like object on the bottom of the egg. Second, go around the Eeveelution chart on the Pokemon website that shows all of the current info on XY. The circle has each Pokemon across from one that it is weak/strong to (Vaporeon is across from Leafeon; Glaceon is across from Flareon; and Espeon is across from Umbreon). That leaves Jolteon, who is across from Sylveon at the edge of the two groups. With the current type chart, that seems to hint that Sylveon is either a ground type or a flying type. Sylveon, however, does not seem rigid or umoving (ribbons flapping in the wind...) for it to be a ground type.

Take all of this with a grain of salt, but this is how I see it.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 3: Tricks of the Trade
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    That, my friend, is Magick

yes, teh "k" actually matters
    It actually doesn't matter. You can use magic with or with the 'k'. Most people would easily enough determine what is meant based on the context. I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category though. Oh, well!

Edit: Do you also get confused when people write such things as: "I ate an orange."?

-Did they eat the fruit or actually the colour?
    Last edited by Mew.; 23rd April 2013 at 2:26 AM.
    - Mew.

Friend Code: 1091-8813-6208. Send me a PM with your code and I'll add you back. Friend Safari is currently unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Yeah! Windmill Pokemanz! Possibly Rock/Flying? (I'm thinking of those old ones that are made of stone)
    There needs to be a Steel/Ground knight pokemon that follows them around, battles with them, and thinks that they're ogres

Don Quixote

It actually doesn't matter. You can use magic with or with the 'k'. Most people would easily enough determine what is meant based on the context. I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category though. Oh, well!

Edit: Do you also get confused when people write such things as: "I ate an orange."?

The fruit of course, lol. Although, eating a color is an interesting thought. Would the object that the color was eaten from become white, grey, or black? Maybe the opposite of the color that was eaten? No idea of where I'm going with this

I almost want to sig part of that post
    Last edited by Elnava; 23rd April 2013 at 2:28 AM.

he/she was right though... yes you might determine by the context of the conversation but it is actually spelt that way like there/their or where/were they all mean different things but sound the same

Magic/Magick same sound different meanings

no reason to be a douche

now can we get back on track
    Last edited by gpt11; 23rd April 2013 at 2:29 AM.

My idea is that magic is the manipulation of some force that permeates the universe and flows through everything. Psionics, on the other hand, is the manipulation of mental energy that exists only inside the minds of living creatures. Magic is commonly known as the energy powering external to the mind, while psionics' energy powering is internal to the mind.

You know - Just to let people know.

Yveltal96 - That was not a reply to any of your post, but DarkSword39's post. But I take what I can get, right.
    then why the hell did you quote me for it

anyways, i have looked into it and i can see a few people getting retyped with fairy typing, that is if it happens
    mind you these ones are the ones that are based on the types of fairies that aren't really looked at as fairies

-Misdreavus: misdreavus is based off of a banshee, which is commonly known as a wailing spirit, but is also a type of fairy
    -Mawile: to be honest i am not sure whether it would be retyped or not, as it is already a dual type but always possible, as this is based on a fairy known as futakuchi-onna, or a two-headed/faced woman
    -Glalie: while froslass could also be retyped as well, i am not sure as it is already dual typed, but glalie is based off of a fairy known as oni
    -Whimsicott: whimsicott is based off of a fairy known as saci. saci is a wind spirit that summons dust tornadoes and can also lay a curse on crops and things in that nature

now on the lighter side of fairies, i think that all of the normal pokemon in the fairy egg group may gain a secondary fairy typing, but as for togekiss and togetic, they might just stay the same but otherwise, i think it would be normal/fairy as many pokemon with wings such as volcarona have the ability to fly but aren't necessarily flying type
    also, if we do get plusle and minun evos, i think they might be part fairy as well as they are also in the group and it would seem fitting

again this is only if it happens not saying it will but it is possible

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Gamfreak's version of Psychic doesn't exactly scream MAGICIAN. They base it around the concept of ESP and you know, mental powers. Which is why Psychic defeats Fighting, Mind over Muscle. Not Wands over Muscles. Which is why Bug, Ghost, and Dark defeat it, because they are all natural fears, which causes people or Pokemon not the think clearly, thus destroying their mental powers.

No where does it show that Psychic has anything to do with Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    he/she was right though... yes you might determine by the context of the conversation but it is actually spelt that way like there/their or where/were they all mean different things but sound the same

Magic/Magick same sound different meanings

no reason to be a douche

now can we get back on track
    I thought he was being sincere

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    Gamfreak's version of Psychic doesn't exactly scream MAGICIAN. They base it around the concept of ESP and you know, mental powers. Which is why Psychic defeats Fighting, Mind over Muscle. Not Wands over Muscles. Which is why Bug, Ghost, and Dark defeat it, because they are all natural fears, which causes people or Pokemon not the think clearly, thus destroying their mental powers.

No where does it show that Psychic has anything to do with Magic.
    There are several psychic types that deal with magic, however. Things like Jirachi and Mismagius

Those weaknesses for Psychic never made any sense to me
    Last edited by Elnava; 23rd April 2013 at 2:37 AM.

Arceus karp

Ignore dis

-Glalie: while froslass could also be retyped as well, i am not sure as it is already dual typed, but glalie is based off of a fairy known as oni
    An oni is a japanese demon, troll, ogre, devil, whatever you call it, but it's not a fairy in the slightest.

This is actually one of the reasons I don't think a fairy-type is likely. Fairies, as a mythological entity, aren't very rigidly defined. They can be everything from cute, thumb sized girl to a six-foot tall invisible rabbit (Pucas are fairies, right?).
    Last edited by Asbestospoison; 23rd April 2013 at 2:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    Which is why Bug, Ghost, and Dark defeat it, because they are all natural fears, which causes people or Pokemon not the think clearly, thus destroying their mental powers.
    This is quite interesting up until this post I cant say I gave it that much thought but now my mind is blown it makes a lot of sense

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    I thought he was being sincere
    So many people on here are lol

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestospoison View Post
    Fairies, as a mythological entity, aren't very rigidly defined. They can be everything from cute, thumb sized girl to a six-foot invisible rabbit (Pucas are fairies, right?).
    lol this is the reason they would fit into the Pokemon world
    Last edited by gpt11; 23rd April 2013 at 2:38 AM.

An oni is a japanese demon, troll, ogre, devil, whatever you call it, but it's not a fairy in the slightest.

This is actually one of the reasons I don't think a fairy-type is likely. Fairies, as a mythological entity, aren't very rigidly defined. They can be everything from cute, thumb sized girl to a six-foot tall invisible rabbit (Pucas are fairies, right?).
    TROLLS ARE FAIRIES GOOD GOD FAIRIES AREN'T JUST GIRLY CREATURES!
    /endrage

Ask me stupid stuff

This is actually one of the reasons I don't think a fairy-type is likely. Fairies, as a mythological entity, aren't very rigidly defined. They can be everything from cute, thumb sized girl to a six-foot invisible rabbit (Pucas are fairies, right?).
    Oninare technically Yokai meaning most accurately "Strange apparition" or "strange being"

Anything can be a Yokai, even a flip flop or an umbrella(I'm not kidding, these are actually Yokai)

/endrage
    This is what I mean, peeps. Fae is a better term for these things

For some reason I like to keep my Fae and my Yokai is seperate categories, but I see how they can intertwine. They do share similar behavior

Edit:Not even going to try to fix this one
    Last edited by Elnava; 23rd April 2013 at 2:44 AM.

/endrage
    Trolls originate from Norse and Scandinavian Folklore, and are most definitely not fairies.
    /endrageresponse

Half-joking response aside, that's kind of my point. "Fairy" seems like way too loose a term for a whole new type. Most fairies in mythology, if made in to pokemon, would better fit as other types. Will-O-Wisps (not the move) being ghost and fire, as one example.

Trolls originate from Norse and Scandinavian Folklore, and are most definitely not fairies.
    /endrageresponse

Half-joking response aside, that's kind of my point. "Fairy" seems like way too loose a term for a whole new type. Most fairies in mythology, if made in to pokemon, would better fit as other types. Will-O-Wisps (not the move) being ghost and fire, as one example.
    This is a legitimate concern as Fae are too varied and could easily edge into other types. They go from goblins, to water horses, to girls who turn into seals and beyond. Most other types are bound to a few specifics at least

All fairy speculation should be based on the examples Pokemon has already given us, Granbull (the fairy Pokemon), Clefairy (for obvious reasons), and the Lake Trio (which might be a stretch, I believe they're supposed to be pixies). Extrapolate from that, not from what the real world defines as fairies. That's my two cents anyways.

/endrageresponse

they actually are fairies
    exactly what wulava said

Quote Originally Posted by El Hombre View Post
    All fairy speculation should be based on the examples Pokemon has already given us, Granbull (the fairy Pokemon), Clefairy (for obvious reasons), and the Lake Trio (which might be a stretch, I believe they're supposed to be pixies). Extrapolate from that, not from what the real world defines as fairies. That's my two cents anyways.
    let's not forget misdreavus and mawile and glalie
    but those are just my two cents

Ask me stupid stuff

anyways, i have looked into it and i can see a few people getting retyped with fairy typing, that is if it happens
    mind you these ones are the ones that are based on the types of fairies that aren't really looked at as fairies

-Misdreavus: misdreavus is based off of a banshee, which is commonly known as a wailing spirit, but is also a type of fairy
    -Mawile: to be honest i am not sure whether it would be retyped or not, as it is already a dual type but always possible, as this is based on a fairy known as futakuchi-onna, or a two-headed/faced woman
    -Whimsicott: whimsicott is based off of a fairy known as saci. saci is a wind spirit that summons dust tornadoes and can also lay a curse on crops and things in that nature

now on the lighter side of fairies, i think that all of the normal pokemon in the fairy egg group may gain a secondary fairy typing, but as for togekiss and togetic, they might just stay the same but otherwise, i think it would be normal/fairy as many pokemon with wings such as volcarona have the ability to fly but aren't necessarily flying type
    also, if we do get plusle and minun evos, i think they might be part fairy as well as they are also in the group and it would seem fitting

again this is only if it happens not saying it will but it is possible
    Actually mawile is mono type steel. I don't think that a fairy secondary typing would be appropriate for it. Im actually hoping that mawile gets a dark/steel evolution this gen
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by absolfusion View Post
    Actually mawile is mono type steel. I don't think that a fairy secondary typing would be appropriate for it. Im actually hoping that mawile gets a dark/steel evolution this gen
    for some reason i was under the impression mawile was part dark O_O
    my bad
    but fairy actually would be fitting as mawile is based off of futakuchi-onna which is a fairy and is in the fairy egg group
    not all fairies are all girly are sweet

Ask me stupid stuff

The part you responded to was not a post based on your quote. Look again if you may.

However, is it certain, if the rumour is true, that the type will infact be called "Fairy" type - Or is it just a rough "description name" of the possible new type? Perhaps Magick (with a K, just to be certain I do not create any discomfiture) as a type name, or the like.

I also hope, sincere as I am (I am actually), for a colour-eating Pokémon.
    - Mew.

Friend Code: 1091-8813-6208. Send me a PM with your code and I'll add you back. Friend Safari is currently unknown.

for some reason i was under the impression mawile was part dark O_O
    my bad
    but fairy actually would be fitting as mawile is based off of futakuchi-onna which is a fairy and is in the fairy egg group
    not all fairies are all girly are sweet
    Again, futakuchi-onna aren't fairies, they're Yokai. Yokai (mentioned pretty recently in regards to Oni) is pretty much a blanket term for supernatural beings in japanese folklore, and includes everything from kitsunes, to Tengu, to (yes) possessed umbrellas. As I keep saying the problem with fairy type is it's to wide, and you could pretty much shoehorn anything in there. For example:

I think stunfisk will be fairy-type because it's based on a flounder, and there was a fairy tale where a magical flounder granted wishes to a fisherman. /endsarcasm

See?

Do we have to retype the old Pokémon?

Page 871 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7718218618678688698708718728738748758819219711871 ... LastLast