Page 1001 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 9019519919979989991000100110021003100410051011105111012001 ... LastLast
Results 25,001 to 25,025 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

xD Thanks! I've been tired latley and haven't been think straight xD I feel slighty stupid now xD

so actally it would become 8x dmage not 16x damage....

whew thats good if it was 16x damage then pray like hell to survive that
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

But that's how typing works - as a multiplier. (And it could go to 16x - try a fire/flying typed Sky Attack on a dry-skin Paras...ouch). Granted, they may change it up if dual typing exists... but when OHKOs can easily happen as it is then is there any need to introduce a more complicated case of moves just so that they could be stronger in some instances? (And it seems more trouble then it's worth for me, what with type immunities and all. If you use a Ghost/Psychic move on a Normal type does the whole move fail? Or does it just do some damage but less? And so forth).

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    But that's how typing works - as a multiplier. (And it could go to 16x - try a fire/flying typed Sky Attack on a dry-skin Paras...ouch). Granted, they may change it up if dual typing exists... but when OHKOs can easily happen as it is then is there any need to introduce a more complicated case of moves just so that they could be stronger in some instances? (And it seems more trouble then it's worth for me, what with type immunities and all. If you use a Ghost/Psychic move on a Normal type does the whole move fail? Or does it just do some damage but less? And so forth).
    thats a good question.....

it might just be slightly effected like 1/4th damage
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I think the pokebeach rumour sounds a bit genuine except for the mewtwo having 2 formes part. Anyone else agree?
    Along with dual type moves, yes

lets assume the pokebeach rumors are true. is what WPM described about a new battle style possibly "air battles"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Elekiteru is the only one out of the four new Pokemon that really appeals to me.

I like lizards and I like Electric types, so that thing is definitely going on my team. Also, I'll be annoyed if it can't learn Solarbeam considering its dex description.

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    So GF made Dual type Attacks??? or is this not confermed yet?
    It's just a rumor.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I hope that's not true, that sounds ridiculous
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I think the pokebeach rumour sounds a bit genuine except for the mewtwo having 2 formes part. Anyone else agree?
    Actually, I speculated this ever since I saw this video from Marriland Fast forward to 1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR3YfbDJpqE
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Guys, please check the Rumour thread sticky before coming in here to ask. Never mind that pokebeach's site says multiple times that nothing is confirmed too. (In which case it would have been better to not post it until more info turned out to be correct... -_-).

So far, the only info that is confirmed since yesterday is everything from Coro Coro, which is mentioned on serebii.net.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

i think it be neat to actaully see a sky battle with flying/levetate pokemon
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Let's suspend our disbelief a moment and say Fairy is the real deal, though. It sounds sketchy, but once you look under the hood there is some logic behind its introduction. And I'm pressed to say it may be for the same reason Dark and Steel was introduced.

If that bit about Fairy's type mechanics is true, you can tell right away it was designed to nerf Dragons (and Fighting Types, to a smaller degree), finally give Poison some use and serve as Dark's polar opposite. The dragon bit also shows GF finally may have woken up (likely with BW Kyurem) and realized the massive power creep dragons have gained on the metagame, so far.

When you're not fighting weather wars, the biggest factor in pokemon battling has virtually become centralized on Dragon Types. It's really like why some people purchase guns in real life: most players I ran into pack dragons to combat other dragons to ''even the playing field''; and those who generally don't run them have teams made specifically to spite them (by running Steel pokemon or otherwise).

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to buy Pokebeach's rumors just yet. But I think we can agree that Dragons stand a bit too high over the others at the moment, and while it isn't anywhere as bad as Psychic was back in RBY, it is starting to get...odd. At least to me.

Unova brought us an Ice Dragon that's literally only second to Arceus. If they don't stop there, we may to end up with pokemon beyond the 720 BST mark...perhaps they're trying to stanch a wound with Fairies before it bleeds any further, if you catch my drift. But like I said its just wishful thinking. CX
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Guys, please check the Rumour thread sticky before coming in here to ask. Never mind that pokebeach's site says multiple times that nothing is confirmed too. (In which case it would have been better to not post it until more info turned out to be correct... -_-).

So far, the only info that is confirmed since yesterday is everything from Coro Coro, which is mentioned on serebii.net.
    It's pretty hard to keep a secret like that for so long. Let's be more optimistic and be glad that he didn't release this info at the same time as the previous ones.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

I'm just glad to have some new news after weeks of drought, Initially I have mixed feelings, the Bird is different to say the least I just hope its evolution is better than Unfeazant, the Panda is meh, and the Moss Goat..... well riding is cool, hopefully they apply this to my beloved Arcanine. As for the Electric Lizard I plan on using Fennikin so it might come in handy, also the trainer customization is a step in the right direction

As far as the rumors go Dual typed moves sound a bit far fetched, I mean Garchomp using a Dragon/Ice move against another Dragon type is just...... well horrible, "Fairy Type" sounds like a pipe dream, Gyms don't matter much to me, just hope there a bit more challenging and Mewtwo formes... I prefer the original to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by GatedSunOne View Post
    Let's suspend our disbelief a moment and say Fairy is the real deal, though. It sounds sketchy, but once you look under the hood there is some logic behind its introduction. And I'm pressed to say it may be for the same reason Dark and Steel was introduced.

If that bit about Fairy's type mechanics is true, you can tell right away it was designed to nerf Dragons (and Fighting Types, to a smaller degree), finally give Poison some use and serve as Dark's polar opposite. The dragon bit also shows GF finally may have woken up (likely with BW Kyurem) and realized the massive power creep dragons have gained on the metagame, so far.

When you're not fighting weather wars, the biggest factor in pokemon battling has virtually become centralized on Dragon Types. It's really like why some people purchase guns in real life: most players I ran into pack dragons to combat other dragons to ''even the playing field''; and those who generally don't run them have teams made specifically to spite them (by running Steel pokemon or otherwise).

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to buy Pokebeach's rumors just yet. But I think we can agree that Dragons stand a bit too high over the others at the moment, and while it isn't anywhere as bad as Psychic was back in RBY, it is starting to get...odd. At least to me.

Unova brought us an Ice Dragon that's literally only second to Arceus. If they don't stop there, we may to end up with pokemon beyond the 720 BST mark...perhaps they're trying to stanch a wound with Fairies before it bleeds any further, if you catch my drift. But like I said its just wishful thinking. CX
    I agree completely on this. which is basically the reason I want to believe these rumors. because it's almost a necessity to sort of even out the metagame. and I think it's moreso adding new things that balance out previous things than "fixing a mistake", this case being the unbalanced type chart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

IF and only IF they make dual type attacks, there won't be a lot of 16x weaknesses out there... think about it, a pokemon would have to first have a 4x weakness first, and there aren't any (other than paras w/ flying and fire) I can think of that have more than 1 4x weakness (not that a new one couldn't, I'm just saying)

but if they do, i would imagine the attack would "choose" a type against the opponent, based on which type is more effective, or like someone else said, add the damage like it was 2 different attacks of each type and then split the difference
    Last edited by wauknay84; 12th May 2013 at 3:14 AM.

I AGREE...... just like in RBY psychic was standing over all others whch gen 2 took care of that but now Dragons have taken the Throne
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Well said, and really... think about it. Sylveon. Of all the theories floating around for its type, fairy is the one that would fit this pokemon like a glove.

Quote Originally Posted by mtqc View Post
    Someone had pointed out earlier that they could have just two-toned symbols for the dual type moves... we can't really rule it out just yet :x
    well even the sig moves of gen 3 starters final evos can be reclassified.

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

If the Clefairy and Snubbull Family are getting Retyped with Fairy since they are classified as the Fairy Pokémon (that's if the rumors are true). Then I will go on to say that I want Horsea and Seadra to get retyped too with Dragon as a Secondary Typing since they are classified as the Dragon Pokémon.

A Ground/Fighting type Special on Aggron.

But really, I'd like most of these rumours to be true; would give us (me, at least) something fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Snubbull Lover 777 View Post
    If the Clefairy and Snubbull Family are getting Retyped with Fairy since they are classified as the Fairy Pokémon (that's if the rumors are true). Then I will go on to say that I want Horsea and Seadra to get retyped too with Dragon as a Secondary Typing since they are classified as the Dragon Pokémon.
    I think them evolving into Kingdra is fair enough. Charizard imo should be reclassified as fire/ dragon though, I see nothing against it having this match up.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    A Ground/Fighting type Special on Aggron.

But really, I'd like most of these rumours to be true; would give us (me, at least) something fresh.
    Y ground/fighting?

or maybe larion can have a split evo and have that
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I agree completely on this. which is basically the reason I want to believe these rumors. because it's almost a necessity to sort of even out the metagame. and I think it's moreso adding new things that balance out previous things than "fixing a mistake", this case being the unbalanced type chart.
    Thanks for replying. I honestly wouldn't have made that assumption if I didn't have hope for Fairy Type, in some sense.

If it is real and Xerneas ends up at least part Fairy (Steel/Fairy would cause the apocalypse, so Grass/Fairy it is?), I will buy X just to gain the competitive edge on those overgrown lizards. XD
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

Page 1001 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 9019519919979989991000100110021003100410051011105111012001 ... LastLast