Page 1025 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 2592597510151021102210231024102510261027102810291035107511252025 ... LastLast
Results 25,601 to 25,625 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    btw do u think in the game we can move freely or do ya'll think its still up,down,left and right movement
    According to the trailer it seems we are still stuck with the last option you gave. But who knows... things do change until the final product.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

i'm getting sick of sylveon, i don't even like it anymore because it's been speculated for more then 1000 pages or so... come on, tell us more!
    19th may, D-Day

well it would also be nice since they have the games evolving it be nice if the moveset can evolve/expand. like being able to learn six moves instead of 4

just a thought

my bad.....getting off topic
    Last edited by Gergenator; 12th May 2013 at 9:37 PM.
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

i agree with this^^^ angry person ^__^
    Yah, I am kind of angry tbh. Seriously, I don't understand this, I swear if they are misleading us, I will feel terribly different about being a fan. Honest. I'm considering actually buying a console I don't otherwise have, pretty much to play this game. If they are seriously going to be as pathetic as this then I don't even know. I'm tired =P
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    We still haven't seen the Xerneas page...
    ^Init bro. Even the damn leakers are TROLLS!
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

If Fairy type turns out to be true (which I think can be likely at this point), I hope it will get translated to a more general name that reflects the folklore nature of the type. In swedish, we have the word "väsen", which is used for all supernatural creatures in folklore. I think this will be necessary because "fairy" is too much associated with "tinkerbell-like" fairies, even if fairy can be used to describe everything between goblins to nymph-like creatures and sometimes even demons!

Type names have gotten changed in translation before (such as esper -> psychic, or more famously, evil -> dark).

Like others have said, the fairy types weaknesses makes sense. Fairy type represents nature and its spiritual manifestions and its weakness to poison represents pollution. Its weakness to steel can be linked to how many mythological creatures are weak to various types of metal (silver is common). Both poison and steel could also represent the negative effects on nature by industrialization.
    *Mega Fairies*

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    ^Init bro. Even the damn leakers are TROLLS!
    I am just curious..what your are talking about?

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I can just imagine how angry people are going to be if there isn't a new type, me included.
    Like, no info on Silveon/Yveltal/Xerneas, and then they tell us,'No new type, sorreh.' is kind of strange/infuriating.

But still quite a while 'til release, so...
    Tbh, I would have been happier if they were to keep ol' bows-and-ribbons to them bloody selves if they were going to take the piss like this. Even the name of that thing is pissing me off- SYLVEON is such a TROLL name, because without it's type we can't even know how it relates to NYMPH! I mean, I don't hate it, I think it's cute, butI've swallowed the big dose of CUTE they've injected into my veins and then been forced through the bullsh*t grinder for 4 months whilst they tantalize us with the ambiguous cult of this infuriating creature!
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Been away from here for awhile. Could one of you please tell me why there's the sudden spike in Fairy Type speculation? Was something revealed?
        Spoiler:- Pokedex:

It's prabably because Sylveon's potential types have been narrowed down, or something similar (didn't watch Smash).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingudora View Post
    If Fairy type turns out to be true (which I think can be likely at this point), I hope it will get translated to a more general name that reflects the folklore nature of the type. In swedish, we have the word "väsen", which is used for all supernatural creatures in folklore. I think this will be necessary because "fairy" is too much associated with "tinkerbell-like" fairies, even if fairy can be used to describe everything between goblins to nymph-like creatures and sometimes even demons!

Type names have gotten changed in translation before (such as esper -> psychic, or more famously, evil -> dark).

Like others have said, the fairy types weaknesses makes sense. Fairy type represents nature and its spiritual manifestions and its weakness to poison represents pollution. Its weakness to steel can be linked to how many mythological creatures are weak to various types of metal (silver is common). Both poison and steel could also represent the negative effects on nature by industrialization.
    Very well stated. Aside from balancing types, I wouldn't have even considered the industrialization aspect for the type affinities. I'm hoping for some other name like spirit, but fairy/pixie seems more apt. And spirit has been linked to Psychic, Ghost, and Fighting in the past. Although the word Shadow has also been shared amongst different types as well. But yeah, "fairy" seems a little too over the top for target audiences. There's already enough hate for Blissey and Clefable already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    He is appearing next month? I didn't know that. Where is that information?
    Someone from Smash spoke about Masuda being at the recording or something a few days ago, and as they film a month in advance, it would be for next month. But we also know he's appearing in the next Smash episode too.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I am just curious..what your are talking about?
    On the scans of the magazine (I'm sick of 'that' word too!) they're clearly extra pages/ more of the page to the left and right of the large spread showing the new pokemon- on these pages there is clearly cut off photos of Xerneas and Yveltal. Why leak half the stuff? Even if it is deemed irrelevant; though it seems more likely it IS relevant, after all, new art of old pokemon is BIG HUGE NEWS- mash said so :|
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

so when is CoroCoro showing new info??? anyone know?

Monday or tuesday?
    We Already Received Information from Corocoro. However the Magazine can leak New Information Anything from Now until The 15th.
    Corocoro Usually Leaks Bewteen The 10th and 15th of Every Month.

well either we already talked about it or i missed it.....

what was the new info?
    - 4 Pokemon was Revealed. Gogoat (Grass), Yancham (Fighting), Yayakoma (Normal/Flying), and Elikiteru (Electric/Normal).
    - Gogoat can be Ridden "On The Field".
    - Information on The 4 New Pokemon.
    - Starter's Information.
    - Box Art, Pokedex, Character Art, Karos Region Revealed, Karos is Confirmed to be based on France.
    - Character Customization (Hair and Skin Color) Confirmed.

There is more Information to be Leaked. We just Have to Wait and See.
    Last edited by Pokemon1998Ash; 12th May 2013 at 10:27 PM.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by DazedMinezumi View Post
    Been away from here for awhile. Could one of you please tell me why there's the sudden spike in Fairy Type speculation? Was something revealed?
    Pokebeach has a possible source with a whole bunch of info. Not confirmed yet but suspiciously possible. Also, if you missed it, 4 new pokemon.

I really like the new pokemon, also I think that riding pokemon looks pretty great, I hope we can ride other pokemon too.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

btw do u think in the game we can move freely or do ya'll think its still up,down,left and right movement
    This seems to be a big bone of contention for a lot of fans. Zelda games have mainteinednthe four direction movement restrictions for years, and in fact, with the new sequel to Link to the Past coming out, it looks like four directions will be en vogue once again. I'm hoping we stay in four directional play; it didn't help Colusseum any, and usually omni directional movement just makes for bad camera angles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

People seem hesitant about a new typing when really it can all be explained by new information leading to the separation of some pokemon from their initial typing. This generation's professor could even focus on this typing specifically. It seems weird seeing how history would disagree, but I doubt we'd be getting a hypothetical second type as well.

Clefairy Line
    Audino
    Mawile
    Dunsparce
    Xerneas
    Sylveon
    Mew
    Togepi line
    Snubbull line
    Munna line
    perhaps Snorunt/Glalie to counteract Froslass

all seem likely to me personally.

It's gonna be weird to separate the fairy egg type and fairy type but water types get two egg groups so that's not too far fetched.

I don't know, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. The weirdest part would be having a single Eeveelution since that's never happened before.
    -Formerly known as Banette-

Thanks to xxpoke_loverxx for the banner.

One thing is want to say about new types so 'late' into the series, is that it reflects real life taxonomy which is changing all the type: groups are made and unmade and species are found to belong in different groups than first thought. When applying this very real taxonomic principle to Pokemon, then adding types or even changing types doesn't seem such a big issue. Especially if it is built into the plot as being newly discovered.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Rumors have been going around for a while and pokemon smash semi confirmed that sylveon is a new type and fairy has been thrown into the mix from a few sources that are yet to be confirmed this wed/sun

Who thinks that Nintendo have called in J.J Abrams and the gang to coordinate their PA effort
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

well its beewn narrowed down by Smash but Sylveon is Strong against Ice. Weak to poison. And Immune to Dragon

and no type does that and its been semi-confirmed that Sylveon might be fairy
    Last edited by Gergenator; 12th May 2013 at 10:32 PM.
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

I don't know why people say '...so late into the series...'. As far as I know, Pokemon is not ending any time soon; you say it's late in the series, and someone who plays Generation 20 will say it was added early in the series.

well its beewn narrowd down by Smash but Sylveon is Strong against Ice. Weak to poison. And Immune to Dragon

and no type does that
    Actually, Smash didn't test anything regarding Dragon. That was part of the "leak". Which I've lost faith in after seeing it on GameFAQ.
    I have officially claimed Castform, The Master of all Weather!

Monorpale is my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon so far. If you have a problem with it, you can talk to the tassel hand.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I don't know why people say '...so late into the series...'. As far as I know, Pokemon is not ending any time soon; you say it's late in the series, and someone who plays Generation 20 will say it was added early in the series.
    ^I like this guy

and Generation 20 lol
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Who thinks that Nintendo have called in J.J Abrams and the gang to coordinate their PA effort
    What the heck are you talking about?

I just see you whining for 3 or 4 pages for no reason, you dont' want to buy a game because of a pokemon or a new typing? you are worried you are not going to enjoy the game because of that? Don't buy the console then, the console itself is awesome it has a great library, you just being childish...

Page 1025 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 2592597510151021102210231024102510261027102810291035107511252025 ... LastLast