Page 1061 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 61961101110511057105810591060106110621063106410651071111111612061 ... LastLast
Results 26,501 to 26,525 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

What I'm getting from the new trailer is that Elikiteru is based on a frilled lizard and will evolve as such. That would explain it being bipedal as well, also assuming it will be fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    any pokemon could learn an egg move? for all we know it's breeded. also it could be a level up move i was just stating possibilities

ah thanks. yeah i was just stating it could be possible
    It is based on a Hedgehog though so having rollout as level up would make sense; so I doubt it has been bred onto it. But as you said you were just stating a possibility so it still could be

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoSteve View Post
    Would it be feasible to say that Panchum is indeed found early in the game (I know it was speculated but never more than that) but with the image of him being lvl 8 in one of the images I think it's now very safe to assume such. Maybe route 4?
    Actually..Helioptile and Pancham are fought at LV 20.. according to these images:

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en.../may_p5_18.jpg

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en.../may_p5_17.jpg

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    Actually..Helioptile and Pancham are fought at LV 20.. according to these images:

I'm sure lvl20 was used for the demo when BW was being released and just showcased random pokes at lvl20
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

They could just be set to level 20 for the trailer. I'm pretty sure this sort of thing has happened before in trailers.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Thatsw probably just placeholder levels.

The guy prom pokebeach was right again...
    Humnnnn
    And the plot thickens.....
    Into every generation there is a chosen one!

Name: Rosinha
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I just noticed that PokéBeach's source said Yancham's name being Panchum, while it actually ended up being Pancham. It's just a slight error though, and since all of the other names were correct, I guess it's still believable. I was just getting used to Panchum until I noticed what it actually was, hehe.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

The Water-type Pokémon Froakie is both light and strong, making it capable of jumping incredibly high. The bubbles on its chest and back protect it from attacks. Froakie may appear absentminded, but in truth it pays close attention to its surroundings at all times.

Seems it'll be the Serperior of this gen, fast and defensive.
    And I'm thinking that Fletchling or Helioptile could shed either of their Normal typings for Fire. COULD, not likely.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    I just noticed that PokéBeach's source said Yancham's name being Panchum, while it actually ended up being Pancham. It's just a slight error though, and since all of the other names were correct, I guess it's still believable. I was just getting used to Panchum until I noticed what it actually was, hehe.
    probably more of an error in communication , personally i always ended up saying pancham anyway for some reason

So the character limit for Pokémon and attack names has been increased...

Cue Victreebell and Feraligator retcon speculation? (Please don't)
    Last edited by Blazios; 14th May 2013 at 5:06 PM.

if pokebeach guy is right about everything... YAY dual type attacks. YAY battles in air! YAY Mawile being a fairy type pokemon ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hexametaphosphate View Post
    There are two blank spaces in the Pokedex behind Fletchling before you get to the next Pokemon, that would seem to suggest it's a three stage Pokemon.
    Actually, one of those is Zigzagoon.

Edit: Misreading ahoy!
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 14th May 2013 at 5:15 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    The Water-type Pokémon Froakie is both light and strong, making it capable of jumping incredibly high. The bubbles on its chest and back protect it from attacks. Froakie may appear absentminded, but in truth it pays close attention to its surroundings at all times.

Seems it'll be the Serperior of this gen, fast and defensive.
    And I'm thinking that Fletchling or Helioptile could shed either of their Normal typings for Fire. COULD, not likely.
    I'm going for a fast, high attack evolution.
    Chespin probably the defensive one for me..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Actually, one of those is Zigzagoon.
    No Hexametaphosphate is saying that to the right of Fletchling; there are two spaces, Zigazagoon and Linoone are to the left; so it means that Fletchling either has 2 evolutions or the pokemon you can't quite see has a pre-evolution and it only has 1.

So it is, my bad lol just got a bit over excited with all the new images Even if it is found at lvl 20 and isn't just a demo level it is still quite early in the game.
    FC: 4356-0274-2119
    FS: Elec - Emolga, Pikachu, Dedenne

Now that the names have proven true I'm extremely excited about the potential type chart now. Hopefully the rest is legit.
    If you so sure what it aint, how about telling us what it am!

Black: 4684 8503 0468

Quote Originally Posted by raymaxxp View Post
    if pokebeach guy is right about everything... YAY dual type attacks. YAY battles in air! YAY Mawile being a fairy type pokemon ^^
    Yay about aerial battles, can I use my three stories jumping Froakie? Probably not..

Dual-type attacks.. Oh boy.. How is that going to work? Items? When held, "X-type item" will add the X-type to an Y-type move? For example:

- X-type is Ice
    - The pokemon in question is Weavile.
    - Weavile uses Night Slash.
    - The Y-type would be Dark, receiving STAB.
    - Considering how the X-type would be Ice, Night Slash would turn into a Dark/Ice-type move, receiving double STAB: from 1.5x to 3x.

70x3 = 210, when used against, say.. Celebi, the damage would be both super effective on the Grass and Psychic-types, meaning damage x4, which means that Night Slash turns into a HORRIFYING 840BASE POWER. Now think about the chance of a crit happening.. Brrrrrr....

See how dual-type attacks are going to be a real, real pain? And this is just one example.. What if the X-type would be Bug? Bug is already x4 on Celebi!

Factoring in STAB for Night Slash:
    - 70x1.5=105.
    Factoring in Celebi's Weaknesses:
    - x2 for Dark
    - x4 for Bug (which is added through the item)
    Accumulated weakness to the attack:
    - x6
    Total damage to Celebi from a Dark/Bug-Night Slash:

Yeah.. Breathtaking.. Even more horrifying then I expected... Should I even start with Victini and V-Create+Flying-type on a Leavanny? A pokemon with two x4 weaknesses. Lets just do that!

V-Create: 180BP
    V-Create gets Fire-Stab: 180x1.5=270
    Victini is carrying the item for the additional Flying-type to moves
    Leavanny's weaknesses
    - Fire: x4
    - Flying: x4
    Accumulated weaknesses:
    - x8
    Total damage from V-Create Fire/Flying-dual-typed on a Leavanny without taking into account offences and defences:
    - 270x8=2160

This new dual-type move idea is horrifying as a lot of sweepers will turn even more deadly. However, I think the only legitimate consequence would be sacrificing the itemslot for said item.

Who knows, perhaps this could be the reuse for the Arceus Plates? Splash Plate adds the Water-type to moves, Meadow Plate adds the Grass-types to moves, etc.

I think this would be a legitimate way to introduce this new mechanic, any other and it will be broken.
    Last edited by Locormus; 14th May 2013 at 5:33 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Can we take this as Fairy-Type being likely? In your face New Type Haters! XP

Anyway, I love Helioptile. I bet it has a Sun-Based ability. Drought? R.I.P Rain Teams. But seriously, I bet Solar Power. Also, it's confirmed he's a Frilled Lizard? OMG this is so freakin' awesome! I bet on a Electric/Fire or Electric/Dragon evo!

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Yay about aerial battles, can I use my three stories jumping Froakie? Probably not..

Dual-type attacks.. Oh boy.. How is that going to work? Items? When held, "X-type item" will add the X-type to an Y-type move? For example:

- X-type is Ice
    - The pokemon in question is Weavile.
    - Weavile uses Night Slash.
    - The Y-type would be Dark, receiving STAB.
    - Considering how the X-type would be Ice, Night Slash would turn into a Dark/Ice-type move, receiving double STAB: from 1.5x to 2x.

70x2 = 140, when used against, say.. Celebi, the damage would be both super effective on the Grass and Psychic-types, meaning damage x4, which means that Night Slash turns into a HORRIFYING 560 BASE POWER.

See how dual-type attacks are going to be a real, real pain? And this is just one example.. What if the X-type would be Bug? Bug is already x4 on Celebi!

Factoring in STAB for Night Slash:
    - 70x1.5=105.
    Factoring in Celebi's Weaknesses:
    - x2 for Dark
    - x4 for Bug (which is added through the item)
    Accumulated weakness to the attack:
    - x6
    Total damage to Celebi from a Dark/Bug-Night Slash:

Yeah.. Breathtaking.. Even more horrifying then I expected...

This new dual-type move idea is horrifying as a lot of sweepers will turn even more deadly. However, I think the only legitimate consequence would be sacrificing the itemslot for said item.

Who knows, perhaps this could be the reuse for the Arceus Plates? Splash Plate adds the Water-type to moves, Meadow Plate adds the Grass-types to moves, etc.

I think this would be a legitimate way to introduce this new mechanic, any other and it will be broken.

Sounds good to me

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

We don't know if/how they are going to implement dual types.
    Like many have said, they may add how much each type would do together and then divide it by two.
    It doesn't have to be broken.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I'm not surprised that the two best Gen 6 Pokemon have good English names; I'm glad Gogoat was left alone and Pancham sounds good too. I have no comment to make about the other two names since I know sharing my opinion on them is taboo, but I have to say that the newest footage slays. Gogoat looks so cool walking around the city and Pancham is so cute.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en...Y_1024x768.jpg

This is one of the wallpapers that popped up on the updated official Pokémon XY page.

What strikes me as interesting is that it's all new Pokémon on there - and Marill. What's so special about Marill that he should appear here? Will he get an alternative evolution? I think it's safe to say he will appear in the region, either way.

And i thought Light type was ludicrous. Fairy...Really?
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

Quote Originally Posted by Razmos View Post
    I'm hoping for a second evolution for Drifloon.
    The evolutionary line doesn't feel complete to me. Drifloon is a balloon, Drifblim is a hot air balloon, so naturally, it would be assumed that next would be a Blimp pokemon.
    Also Drifblim's stats suck considering it's a fully evolved Pokemon.

It's always nice to get more ghost types.
    i agree with you. it would make sense and i want to see the drifloon evo line become useful in the metagame. i want this region to have a connection to previous generations, i want to see previous pokemon, but the ones in the trailer may not be in the final game.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Page 1061 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 61961101110511057105810591060106110621063106410651071111111612061 ... LastLast