Page 1067 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 67967101710571063106410651066106710681069107010711077111711672067 ... LastLast
Results 26,651 to 26,675 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

  1. #26651
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvir View Post
    I 100% agree. People need to give things a chance. Are there girly Pokemon? Yes. Has anyone complained that they're 'Too girly'? No. I really don't see how a type that's 'girly' is bad.
    ...because some people like butch, badass pokemon

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  2. #26652
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    Spinda was a red panda, and entirely different animal in and of itself. I'm the happiest about the robin. I don't even know why. I just think it's got this beautiful color scheme to it despite its minimalist design.
    What? Are you honestly convinced of this? The only thing that relates Spinda to red pandas is the unique markings thing. Spinda's body shape is that of a panda with elongated, rabbit-like ears. If anything, Spinda is more related to a panda. And no one ever even considered it a real panda. So why in the world would you say it's a red panda?

    I'm sorry, I'm a HUGE red panda fanatic. And I've been waiting on a red panda Pokemon forever. Now that the panda fans got their actual panda Pokemon, I'm glad. But that doesn't mean you deem Spinda a red panda when it's actually more panda-like. /: That just irked me. I apologize if I seemed somewhat heated. :S

  3. #26653
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Raticate was in the Johto dex along with Furret. We'll likely still have a regional rodent.
    good point well made. But if we do have bothi would hope is that the new regional rodent more like bidoof and evolves into something with a bit more than just another normal type.

  4. #26654
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    8,997

    Default

    The possible Gogoat Pre Evolution looks like it had white ears on its head, so, I really think it's not just a plant.

    http://oi42.*******.com/4heb10.jpg

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  5. #26655
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    ...because some people like butch, badass pokemon
    True, but then there's Fighting type, which pretty much covers that. :P


        Spoiler:- Teams & Shinies:


  6. #26656
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I know this post has nothing to do with tha dex.
    But, have you notice the tiny little clues implied in the boxart?
    I mean, on Y version we have Yveltal on some sort of aerial shoot of a mountain (flying) shaped as a "Y" because of a black (dark) backgroung. Same case with X version, woods (grass ???) shoot shaped as an "X" because of a white (light??? - fairy???) backgroung.

  7. #26657
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK/Yorkshire/Leeds
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    so the pokebeach rumors where true?

  8. #26658
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    ...because some people like butch, badass pokemon
    I like my women how I liked my pokemon, butch....
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684




  9. #26659
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Anyone that is convinced that the Gogoat looking Pokemon that are blurry are plants need to seriously present me with some evidence as to why it's... a freaking plant? Do you not see eyes? Or a head? Ears? Oh, the leafy collar thing. Looks similar to Gogoat. And, gasp, are those white legs underneath its body? Oh! I think it is kneeling. Like, you know, a friggin' goat would do?

    Seriously people. I understand the whole idea of "there are multiple possibilities to everything," but I think it's becoming overkill. People are saying that Chespin having rollout as a move could be an egg move. Seriously? Those blurry photos are maybe just plants. Seriously? It's okay to go with it if there is undeniable evidence, you know.. Don't employ the method of giving everything a second thought just to play it safe.

  10. #26660
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The throne of Awesome
    Posts
    285

    Default

    I'm not thrilled about a new type, it could fix some chart holes, but the system is pretty solid at the moment. Faerie is not the worst type to come up with, it could present steel types with a new offensive strength due to faeries hating iron.
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings


    "And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

    Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

  11. #26661
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    Is this where you see a cat?



    Because I see nothing.
    Bit of black possibly yellow for helioptile.
    That's definitely Natu.

    See?

    Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

  12. #26662
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    660

    Default

    The whole region split into three sides, is making me curious how the dex will be build up, especially with the zigzagoon(?) appearing in the pics of the dex.

  13. #26663
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    ...because some people like butch, badass pokemon
    yeah SOME butch pokemon are badass- but that doesn't mean all badass pokemon are butch =P I think Roserade is BADASS but it is hardly butch, though not necessarily feminine- little androgynous yeah. But still. Gardevoir is pretty badass and it's overtly feminine. Even the ORIGINAL badass Mewtwo is a little androgynous yet kicks every one out!

    Actually I would like if the Ralts line was in this dex, like early on but pretty rare
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

    Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites


  14. #26664
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    I am very pleased with some of the new pokemon we've seen so far.. The fire starter and the Stag looking legendary is awesome! Pancham and Fletchling are looking cool. I'm hoping for a new set of a decent Bug pokomen! Bug/Ice or Bug/Water it should've wings! A counterpart of Volcanora..
    Mega Masquerain [Bug/Water]with Prankster

    Make it happen GameFreak!!!!!

  15. #26665
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    That's definitely Natu.

    See?
    That would be ace, as a Xatu evo would be awesome or a split evo Yatu.
    But I don't see it, was Natu early in dex in GS I don't remember.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684




  16. #26666
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The throne of Awesome
    Posts
    285

    Default

    The frilled Lizard named named after helios is awesome, and the panda and the frog only hipsters like.
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings


    "And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

    Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

  17. #26667
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    The only reason Im not a fan of the Dex been filled nearly overly filled with old pokemon
    Is because I like to make my team of pokemon from the generation

    Also I noticed Helioptile has its Dex entry say its nervous and scared
    Along with the expanding ears
    I'm seeing it really become a frilled neck lizard

    ______

    Helios the Greek god of sun!
    How couldn't I have thought if that
    Great observation!


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  18. #26668
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    yeah SOME butch pokemon are badass- but that doesn't mean all badass pokemon are butch =P I think Roserade is BADASS but it is hardly butch, though not necessarily feminine- little androgynous yeah. But still. Gardevoir is pretty badass and it's overtly feminine. Even the ORIGINAL badass Mewtwo is a little androgynous yet kicks every one out!

    Actually I would like if the Ralts line was in this dex, like early on but pretty rare
    I must agree. Jigglypuff is another bad ***... Lol (ask questions first, then criticize!)

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  19. #26669
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvir View Post
    Looks like a Mareep to me.
    Attachment 9159
    Looking at it at a certain angle- it is DEFINITELY Mareep! Defo! Good eye there
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

    Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites


  20. #26670
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    That would be ace, as a Xatu evo would be awesome or a split evo Yatu.
    But I don't see it, was Natu early in dex in GS I don't remember.
    Yeah, Natu is 177, which is close to 151, the start o the Johto dex. I'm not sure if it appeared early ingame.

    But yeah, a Natu/Xatu evo would be cool.

    Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

  21. #26671
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,835

    Default

    Mareep's tail never comes that close to its body.

    First thing I thought when I saw it was Pidgey, to be honest, though I'm not massively confident about it.

  22. #26672
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strikeZone13 View Post
    The frilled Lizard named named after helios is awesome, and the panda and the frog only hipsters like.
    Helioptile is probably more accurately named after a heliophile (Any organism that is attracted to large amounts of sunlight). Heliophile is literally one letter away from Helioptile. Obviously reptile was included in the name too.

    While the word heliophile originates FROM Helios, the sun god, Helioptile is undoubtedly a reference to its attraction to the sun's rays and not the Greek god.

    By the way, this wasn't meant to be directed strictly at you. I just see a lot of people getting all excited and thinking that it is a direct reference to the god Helios and that it will gain a fire typing. Not plausible.

  23. #26673
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    The possible Gogoat Pre Evolution looks like it had white ears on its head, so, I really think it's not just a plant.

    http://oi42.*******.com/4heb10.jpg
    Looks to me like a Gogoat drawing on a fence...

  24. #26674
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    The only reason Im not a fan of the Dex been filled nearly overly filled with old pokemon
    Is because I like to make my team of pokemon from the generation

    Also I noticed Helioptile has its Dex entry say its nervous and scared
    Along with the expanding ears
    I'm seeing it really become a frilled neck lizard

    ______

    Helios the Greek god of sun!
    How couldn't I have thought if that
    Great observation!
    Trust we will get tons of New Pokemon for someone who wants to use 6th Gen Pokemon..but there will also be older Pokemon in as well..


    Hey guys..i am just walking around.

  25. #26675
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Man, if the fairy type does become a real thing, I'm totally for it! I mean the current system works well, but why not throw in a little more variety? Then if something becomes broken lieke psychic used to be, well they can fix it in a new generation. And for the people hating on the fairy type for being too "girly" just look at all the yugioh cards that are typed fairy. You know? There are your obviously girly fairys, the ones that resemble cherubs and all that kind of classic fairy, but then there are fairies that are much closer to demons, fallen angels, or some other badass looking things. Look at Angemon and angewomon from digimon, both fairies. Angemon looks like a straight up badass and he's a fairy.
    I wanna be... The very best... No, but seriously, I just wanna catch 'em all.
    Also an aspiring competitive player

    Add me so we can use each others friend Safari's (I'm Ghost type btw)
    3DS FC: 4957 2690 2453

Page 1067 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 67967101710571063106410651066106710681069107010711077111711672067 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •