Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Well we have the guy from pokebeach saying that we will get a kanto starter... and then we have http://s558.photobucket.com/user/mag...4fc8e.png.html this guy saying we will get a kanto starter, with the addition of saying it will not be too late in the game.
    Even if your an administrator anyone can say "My friends works for XY testing and lead me into a secret" so it's probably just a troll move as the "I/he works for Nintendo" is usually just some lie 99.99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I have a bad feeling about this..
    this is so crazy lol its like a pokemystery going on

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    Prolly at that ICE MOUNTAIN we can prolly evolve eevee into Glaceon

And somwhere in the Forest we can prolly evolve eevee into leafeon

Yeah, I just hope we get an Eevee at a point where we can acces both areas soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    The fact he says "not too late" inclines me to believe it will still be.post game maybe a gift after beating the elite four from the regions prof, surely if it was in the early game he would say early not late
    That's a good point.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-4470 5123 1977

I'm starting to get really confused by these rumors despite what WPM said about the user Tai. as much as I love spoilers and leaks and new info, I'm considering going unspoiled up until release or at least a month before the game's release or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    Remember that this is the first Pokémon main series game with 3D monsters. It's the first time our monsters have gotten a revolutionary graphical upgrade since Ruby and Sapphire! People are going to hold just as much value, if not more, to seeing their old favorites in 3D for the first time as they are to seeing new Pokémon. Therefore, I am predicting that it will be a priority of this generation to include a lot of Pokémon from past generations (The return of Mewtwo and the focus of previous-generation Pokémon in the first trailer is a significant indicator of this). Being the original starters, the box art mascots, and the marketing darlings (as you put it) of Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, and LeafGreen, the Kanto starters (as well as the starters from other generations) hold a special place in fans' hearts. Don't be surprised by the presence of any well-loved Pokémon from a past generation in Kalos, because you are bound to see a lot of them.
    That's why it's hard for me to play some of the older games. I liked how the Gen 5 pokemon were animated, so going back to static sprites is bummer. I played my first time with the new pokemon, and the second time with my favorite past gen ones. I'll probably do the same this go around.
    Drug free. Alcohol free. Straightedge.

The fact he says "not too late" inclines me to believe it will still be.post game maybe a gift after beating the elite four from the regions prof, surely if it was in the early game he would say early not late
    but after the E4 isn't "not too late in the game" it's more "Quite late in the game".

what it say??? for some reason my computer is blocking the shortcut
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    this is so crazy lol its like a pokemystery going on
    We are the charcters in PokemonXandY version of Cluedo..who leaked everything..that is the mystery..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    i think you guys should look at this its awful strange it matches up the the leaks... http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/wha.../index193.html
    WPM already replied to that:
    Why is it so hard for people to read? I have to keep saying it until I'm blue in the face.

MY SOURCE POSTED HIS FEBRUARY INFORMATION ON A FEW FORUMS AFTER I REFUSED TO POST THE INFO ON MY WEBSITE. OTHER PEOPLE, SUCH AS THE GUYS YOU PEOPLE KEEP SCREENSHOTTING, OBVIOUSLY SAW THE INFORMATION ON THOSE FORUMS AND WENT AROUND POSTING IT TOO. THEY ARE NOT THE SOURCE AND ARE NOT IN CONTACT WITH HIM - ONLY I AM ACTIVELY TALKING TO HIM. HENCE THE ENGLISH POKEMON NAMES THE OTHER DAY, WHICH THOSE GUYS, WHO ONLY SAW HIS INFORMATION BACK IN FEBRUARY, DO NOT KNOW BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT IN CONTACT WITH HIM. THOSE GUYS (AT LEAST TAI) ARE ALSO GOING AROUND PRETENDING TO KNOW STUFF AND SPREADING FALSE RUMORS, WHICH IS MAKING ME ANGRY, AND PROVES EVEN FURTHER THAT THEY KNOW NOTHING.

Any more people with stupid questions will be shot on sight.

Good point. If this person is telling the truth, the statement leans towards post game access to the starters, not during the main story.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

This may just be me.. but it seems that WPM guy can't accept that other people may know the info that he does?
    I mean it is understandable, X and Y leaks/info is why a lot of people go to his site, so if someone else is releasing it then the number of people that go to his site will decrease.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

WPM has this to say about this (and other things)
    OMG how many times do I have to paste this.

I already discussed this on my forums and on Gamefaqs the other day, but I'll put it here too. Back in the first week of February when the source e-mailed me, I told him I wasn't going to post his information until some of it could be verified (hence this past Saturday). Because I refused to post any of it, he immediately decided to post some of the info on a couple of forums. People like Tai probably just saw his information and decided to go around posting it as a "prediction" in case it turned out to be right. If you noticed, Tai never went around claiming to be the source or knowing that the information was real until this past Saturday (he even posted the source's original info in a prediction thread on Gamefaqs). If you questioned Tai or anyone else right now, you would find out they know nothing else new. So the only thing Tai is good at is trolling. Oh and, let's not forget I've been talking to the source every single day since Saturday now. Hence the English Pokemon names.

Additionally, the real source's posts were deleted a long time ago, so anything those guys have or anyone else are just copies or copies of copies of the source's original posts. As for MageLeif, he and Tai are both from the exact same forum. I don't know the first guy since he isn't trolling like Tai has been, but I'd imagine they both saw the information when it was originally posted or a copy of it. My source is neither one of them. It's making me very frustrated that people are giving them all this attention since at least Tai is going around trying to trick people on every forum. They know nothing beyond what I've posted and are only pretending to be insiders since, you know, it's Pokemon.

ALSO, yes, you will be able to get a Kanto Starter in the game. That was on the original source's list that he released. Like I said in MY post, I only posted a sampling of what the source had given me, and most of that from his February information. But I've gotten many e-mails since then, including that the professor who gives you the starters is named Sycamore. You won't find that online anywhere, and no one who copied the source's original information will know it either because they are not in contact with him.

Well we have the guy from pokebeach saying that we will get a kanto starter... and then we have http://s558.photobucket.com/user/mag...4fc8e.png.html this guy saying we will get a kanto starter, with the addition of saying it will not be too late in the game.
    Call me a skeptic, but this sounds like another "Hey my dad works at Gamefreak and told me that a, b, and c are going to happen in the games!" I can imagine getting old starters postgame, but not before that, if we even get them.

Credit to ~BrightStarVictory~ for the banner

oh sorry didnt see that im sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by dss_live View Post
    but after the E4 isn't "not too late in the game" it's more "Quite late in the game".
    Not necessarily there is always a post game that we don't know anything about, I really doubt they would throw the Kanto starters in. It sort of takes away from Froakie, Chespin and Fennekin

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    Remember that this is the first Pokémon main series game with 3D monsters. It's the first time our monsters have gotten a revolutionary graphical upgrade since Ruby and Sapphire! People are going to hold just as much value, if not more, to seeing their old favorites in 3D for the first time as they are to seeing new Pokémon. Therefore, I am predicting that it will be a priority of this generation to include a lot of Pokémon from past generations (The return of Mewtwo and the focus of previous-generation Pokémon in the first trailer is a significant indicator of this). Being the original starters, the box art mascots, and the marketing darlings (as you put it) of Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, and LeafGreen, the Kanto starters (as well as the starters from other generations) hold a special place in fans' hearts. Don't be surprised by the presence of any well-loved Pokémon from a past generation in Kalos, because you are bound to see a lot of them.
    I don't mind the Kanto starters or any other older Pokemon being in the game, in fact I would support them being a post-game reward. I do mind the starters taking away the spotlight from their counterparts before they even have a chance to shine. The Kanto starters can wait until post-game, the current starters however want that ingame time to get attached to the fanbase.

This may just be me.. but it seems that WPM guy can't accept that other people may know the info that he does?
    I mean it is understandable, X and Y leaks/info is why a lot of people go to his site, so if someone else is releasing it then the number of people that go to his site will decrease.
    I don't think that's his issue, it's that it's affecting his source (and by proxy, his) credibility.

A new region awaits us, soon we shall uncover and unlock everything it has to offer...

Not necessarily there is always a post game that we don't know anything about, I really doubt they would throw the Kanto starters in. It sort of takes away from Froakie, Chespin and Fennekin
    What if they did, would that destroy the whole concept of Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by h0v0r View Post
    What if they did, would that destroy the whole concept of Pokemon?
    In a way yes, why make.new starters if your just going to give the old ones a few routes in? To me it would make the idea of starter Pokemon obsolete if you can get them half through a game they are starter Pokemon for a reason
    Last edited by mtie123; 15th May 2013 at 8:42 PM.

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

If they gave them, I dont know, after the 7th gym.. would you guys still be that fussed?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

In a way yes, why make.new starters if your just going to give the old ones a few routes in?
    yeah that ruins the point of it. you get starters that you are expected to take through the whole game and then you can get some other ones. getting other starters just after the actual ones for the region would spoil it.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Am I the only one that noticed that helioptile is currently only the SECOND pokemon to have 5 syllables in it's name(the other being feraligatr). Speaking of feraligatr, do you think it's (and victreebel's) name will be changed since the name limit seems to have increased thank to french pancham.

The 6 best pokemon of all time. If you disagree you can and will be factually disproven

If they gave them, I dont know, after the 7th gym.. would you guys still be that fussed?
    Probably not, since training up Lv. 5s when you have guys in the mid-40s is kinda dumb.

Then again, people do wuv their nostalgia, and we're probably operating off of Gen V's altered Exp. system, so I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Probably not, since training up Lv. 5s when you have guys in the mid-40s is kinda dumb.
    It wouldn't be hard at all if the EXP system is the same as 5th gen's.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    yeah that ruins the point of it. you get starters that you are expected to take through the whole game and then you can get some other ones. getting other starters just after the actual ones for the region would spoil it.
    I agree. As I've said, if GameFreak chooses to add old starters during the main story, then that's fine. I just know that I personally have the image of battling the Champion using my true starter Pokemon, not getting me a Charizard part-way through. I do think it would be interesting from a perspective that it's something GameFreak hasn't done before, but at the same time, I feel that stater Pokemon are almost pointless if you give something like the Kanto starters during the main story. At that point someone (not me) could argue that they might as well make the KAnto starters the true starters.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

Page 1100 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1001000105010901096109710981099110011011102110311041110115012002100 ... LastLast