Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    Which may explain why the Mewtwo has a female voice actor in the movie trailer: that Mewtwo is female! Interesting theory that I hope turns out to be true...
    Legendary Spec Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GerudoPrince View Post
    I think all the recently revealed pokemon look awesome in the gameplay videos. Especially Helioptile. It's definitely grown on me
    Helioptile has a very fitting design for a Normal/Electric type. I wouldn't classify it as normal, but unlike Shinx which looked more like a Normal type, Helioptile has that quirky and cute look whereas Shinx was more of a cool and cute design.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Squirtle View Post
    It's ridiculous. To have friends not nearly as interested in this franchise as me attempt to lecture me that the First Generation is infinitely better. Unfortunately whenever they spout this, it's is the same as saying, "My childhood was so much better than where I am now." It's insanity. I love Generation 1, but I have to remove my rose-tinted glasses if I want to see the ongoing talent in Sugimori and company's art.
    Exactly. I have friends on campus that do the same thing. They'll constantly debate between Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle and if I even attempt to mention Pokemon from Gen 3 and on they look at me weird and say they haven't played those games. So I just don't talk to them about Pokemon, because to them it's forever Gen 1.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Legendary Spec Thread.

Helioptile has a very fitting design for a Normal/Electric type. I wouldn't classify it as normal, but unlike Shinx which looked more like a Normal type, Helioptile has that quirky and cute look whereas Shinx was more of a cool and cute design.
    True, Helioptile's look does match its typings. I'm trying to think of it will be like Stunfisk or not, by which I mean will it stay as it is or actually evolve into something else (I know we've been over this already).
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    That's why Mewtwo has been so brutal all these years! It's compensating for being altered into a eunuch! If the Roman Catholic Church had a problem with the theory of evolution in the games, wait 'til they get wind of the new gender bender Mewtwo mechanics. Maybe what we've seen all along is Mewtwo Z, now retconned via Spermtwo and the elusive X-two.

It all makes sense!
    This theory is both hilarious and satisfying :|

Gender bendering Mewtwo would probably be too much for Gamefreak to bat of the psycho squad saying that pokemon is condoning castration to children or some BS IDK; basically I don't think they'd want to deal with the controversy somewhere down the line, I mean they're still cr*ping it about making a Kadabra card in the TCG in case Uri Gellar sends out his Dark/Bug Lawyer- that case would probably end up being 4x effective! (I'm tired. Buh)
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by BayBird View Post
    Exactly. I have friends on campus that do the same thing. They'll constantly debate between Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle and if I even attempt to mention Pokemon from Gen 3 and on they look at me weird and say they haven't played those games. So I just don't talk to them about Pokemon, because to them it's forever Gen 1.
    Ugh, those guys are the worst. I love gen 1, but they're missing out on another 500 great pokemon.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Let's see if GameFreak releases any evolutions for Gen 1 Pokemon and show them to your friends, ha. I kid, but there are some Pokemon like Farfetch'd that "really need" an evolution, and there are some that could probably benefit from one like Tauros or something.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

Quote Originally Posted by Furret Master View Post
    Let's see if GameFreak releases any evolutions for Gen 1 Pokemon and show them to your friends, ha. I kid, but there are some Pokemon like Farfetch'd that "really need" an evolution, and there are some that could probably benefit from one like Tauros or something.
    That fake farfetch'd evo that came out a couple months ago was pretty cool.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    That's why Mewtwo has been so brutal all these years! It's compensating for being altered into a eunuch! If the Roman Catholic Church had a problem with the theory of evolution in the games, wait 'til they get wind of the new gender bender Mewtwo mechanics. Maybe what we've seen all along is Mewtwo Z, now retconned via Spermtwo and the elusive X-two.

It all makes sense!
    Ironic how the one that you've dubbed Spermtwo would be the female Forme. I like it xD
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    Has anyone wonder how we are going to trade Pokemon from older versions to X and Y? When we went from RBY/GSC to PSE we could not trade older favorite Pokemon to these new games. I hope they let us do it this time, trading to the newer versions.
    Maybe a program for the 3DS like the Poke Radar or what not. Insert Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 into 3ds turn on "PokeMover" and select which Pokemon to send. Remove B/W/B2/W2 cartridge and insert XY cartridge, turn on the game and select "Connect to PokeMover" from the main menu, the Pokemon are sent over and placed in the PC. This would only require ONE DS/3DS and simplifies the trading with yourself thing.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

To them, it's to be kept and preserved in their childhood with other items collecting dust. What I don't understand, is how those friends of ours managed to bypass the best game generation of the franchise - Generation 2.

A
    H
    H
    H...

Tauros is one of only two Pokémon that need a pre-evo, my last rant aside. The other is Miltank. And that's really only to get Tauros more moves in it's barren movepool. And...

maybe to see a fluffy cute calf! )o <---- (this is my Tauros sign!)

To me, I'm a consumer and sucker for new media and goods so I'll always conform to new gens. However, I carry the same genwunner attitude to school. My friends know me to play the new games and they always think I'm Bi-Genner since I'm confused as to whether I accept the new gens but still favor gen 1 over all of them.
    I recomend, BayBird, to Just let them keep their opinions, because we feel that as the starting gen, it was more original and more for enjoyment rather than for making money for the company. Plus, although I'm a battle and competition analyzer, I think that the games have become too competitive.

Back to Dex discussion,
    True, Helioptile's look does match its typings. I'm trying to think of it will be like Stunfisk or not, by which I mean will it stay as it is or actually evolve into something else (I know we've been over this already).
    Maybe just two staged for Helioptile. It may just keep its Normal typing for STAB Hyper Beam since it's apparently a sun-charged lizard. So why not keep the typing for an awesome blast of energy that would be STAB?
    Also, I'd like Stunfisk to have an awesome evo. Maybe another angler fish (like Lanturn) but with a fierce-derpiness design. It would be so funny but worth it all the while.

...I honestly will be baffled if they treat Mewtwo that way. The fact Awakened Mewtwo had a female voice alone would have made me conclude it was a ''new strain'' of Mewtwo altogether, but even GF states its just a forme of Mewtwo. Hm...

If its real, Two forms based on opposing sexes make perfect sense since Mewtwo is the Genetic Pokemon and genetics seem to be the theme of this Gen, but that comes with a huge chance at controversy of some kind if it happens, perhaps even some media attention. (Then again, Ditto can really be what gender it wants and Azurill's sex has a chance of shifting gears as Marill, too.)

Very interesting.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

To me, I'm a consumer and sucker for new media and goods so I'll always conform to new gens. However, I carry the same genwunner attitude to school. My friends know me to play the new games and they always think I'm Bi-Genner since I'm confused as to whether I accept the new gens but still favor gen 1 over all of them.
    I recomend, BayBird, to Just let them keep their opinions, because we feel that as the starting gen, it was more original and more for enjoyment rather than for making money for the company. Plus, although I'm a battle and competition analyzer, I think that the games have become too competitive.

Back to Dex discussion,

Maybe just two staged for Helioptile. It may just keep its Normal typing for STAB Hyper Beam since it's apparently a sun-charged lizard. So why not keep the typing for an awesome blast of energy that would be STAB?
    Also, I'd like Stunfisk to have an awesome evo. Maybe another angler fish (like Lanturn) but with a fierce-derpiness design. It would be so funny but worth it all the while.
    bi-gener? confused? that's an insult to bisexuals.

on-topic: I would also like stunfisk to get an evo because I actually really like it already and giving it an evo that makes it usable in the metagame would be interesting and nice to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Squirtle View Post
    To them, it's to be kept and preserved in their childhood with other items collecting dust. What I don't understand, is how those friends of ours managed to bypass the best game generation of the franchise - Generation 2.
    THIS

Generation 2 is the golden age of pokemon, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    bi-gener? confused? that's an insult to bisexuals.

on-topic: I would also like stunfisk to get an evo because I actually really like it already and giving it an evo that makes it usable in the metagame would be interesting and nice to see.
    I'm not trying to insult bisexuals, I was just listing a title my Pokémon friends have given me.

I don't think Bouffalant needs an evo or any improvement this gen. Move over, Bouffalant, we have Gogoat!
    Same with Alomamola, either there is a bridge Pokémon between that and Luvdisc or else nobody cares because another "filler" Water Pokémon may come around and appeal to everyone and this is if Alomamola appealed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    THIS

Generation 2 is the golden age of pokemon, IMO
    Let's not do the stupid gen war thing, okay

I was ok with one mewtwo form, but i don't think two is really necessary. especially if he is supposed to be this fairy type. then what would they even do with the other mewtwo form? give it some random type, while the other one becomes the poster child gimmick, and the other sinks in it's shadow?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Some of us are merely stating what we think and I know I'm not trying to insult anyone else's opinions.

I think there may be another spider Pokémon to go with the web theme in that [possible] gym where the player bounces on the web to make water-droplet-like obstacles fall off. If so, I hope arachnids this gen are given better stats. Galvantula was a great in-game battler, but it was very poor in outside competition. I hope the next spider is as awesomely designed as Galvantula and Ariados and it appeals to arachnophobics even!

Some of us are merely stating what we think and I know I'm not trying to insult anyone else's opinions.

I think there may be another spider Pokémon to go with the web theme in that [possible] gym where the player bounces on the web to make water-droplet-like obstacles fall off. If so, I hope arachnids this gen are given better stats. Galvantula was a great in-game battler, but it was very poor in outside competition. I hope the next spider is as awesomely designed as Galvantula and Ariados and it appeals to arachnophobics even!
    I'd rather they didn't.

They rehash enough animals as is, they don't need to add spiders to that list.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Just stating my opinion, hence why i said IMO, not to start an argument/war

Hard to believe that just a few days ago we were complaining about being in a major dry spell
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Another mewtwo form? I think not, another eeveelution? Quite probable

Potential types(i could see/want/predict ) pokemon we know or future/pre evolutions.
    Xerneas- ([fairy] or psychic/steel) yveltal- (dark/flying) sylveon - [fairy] or flying.
    Pancham- grass/fighting or dark/fighting (naughty pokemon, leaf in mouth)
    Fletching- normal/flying or fire/flying ( able to use fire moves, color scheme, of course fire could be a fluke like staraptor's CC )
    Gogoat- pre evolution- grass? ( I'd expect a pre evolution for go goat, seems too big not to have one )
    Helioptile- electric/normal or electric/dragon - ( a lizard like pokemon always has potential to become a dragon)
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'd rather they didn't.

They rehash enough animals as is, they don't need to add spiders to that list.
    Did you know that there is more than one type of the species?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Hard to believe that just a few days ago we were complaining about being in a major dry spell
    It's gone from Fairies, to frilled lizards, to three Mewtwos, to fairy Mewtwos, to bi-gender form and cartridge specific Mewtwos, to... I don't know what else they can possibly do to Mewtwo.

As a longtime Pokémon fan/speculator, I've never felt more alive!

Page 1107 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1071007105710971103110411051106110711081109111011111117115712072107 ... LastLast