Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

...watch sylveon be flying type and there be no actual new type now

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

While I could see a Sylveon counterpart, I would guess that there is no guarentee that there is one. Even if there is another new evolution, it may not counter Sylveon. I know that most of us know not to assume that things will "happen as they've always happened" in new Pokemon stuff, but it is important to keep that in mind. In terms of speculation, however, I would guess that a second new evolution would be dependent on whether or not Sylveon is a new type, as someone said before. New type = One new evolution, Old type = Two+ new evolutions. Not guaranteed, but I can see the logic.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

Quote Originally Posted by Furret Master View Post
    While I could see a Sylveon counterpart, I would guess that there is no guarentee that there is one. Even if there is another new evolution, it may not counter Sylveon. I know that most of us know not to assume that things will "happen as they've always happened" in new Pokemon stuff, but it is important to keep that in mind. In terms of speculation, however, I would guess that a second new evolution would be dependent on whether or not Sylveon is a new type, as someone said before. New type = One new evolution, Old type = Two+ new evolutions. Not guaranteed, but I can see the logic.
    i see there being two and obviously sylveon being the new type and another one that is a different type. they'll probably reveal sylveon's type and then, at the same time, reveal another new eeveelution.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    Every other Eeveelutions has been revealed with it's pair why change it with this time. I think the fact it's a new type is an argument for it to be a standalone Eeveelution as due to it having a new typing it's a main focus instead of their being another taking away the limelight. Granted this didn't happen with Umbreon but i'm not aware of them making such a big fuss over a non-legendaries type before
    yeah but also Pokemon was Much Younger Back then and GF was planning to end At GEN II but they made soo much money and fans wanted more
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by ZXChris93 View Post
    Guys, I found an INTERESTING picture a minute ago.
    Nothing confirmed, but it's a possibility.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/26e37344b...c6po1_1280.png
    This is the same thing I said 20 pages back, I made some screenshots of it, but most people said I was just a plant
    I told ya it look like a couple of pokemons :P
    Last Update: 13-06-2014
    System: Nintendo 3DS Yveltal
    Playing: POKEMON Y
    Badges: 8/8
    Team: Mega Charizard y, Greninja, Mamoswine, Trevenant, Rotom-W, Venusaur
    Playtime: 722:45
    E4 Win: 90
    FC: 3DS small 0920-0764-0610, Yveltal 3DSXL 4871-4646-5819

Pokedex:
    Central Kalos Dex Seen 150, Obtained 150
    Coastel Kalos Dex Seen 153, Obtained 153
    Mountain Kalos Dex Seen 151, Obtained 151
    National PokeDex Seen 715, Obtained 715

Kalos Dex Complete 04-11-2013, Central Dex Complete 20-11-2013, Mountain Dex Complete 03-12-2013. Nat. Dex Complete 22-12-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I honestly would laugh if that happened, especially if Sylveon was the only new Eevee evolution. But I kind of hope for something like a Dragon Eevee (or a Steel Eevee for my friend), and I'm not really wanting Sylveon to be a new type. GameFreak shall do their thing, though.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    It would be Normal if anything... Don't reply, no one would convince the other...
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    It would be Normal if anything... Don't reply, no one would convince the other...
    I honestly could see it being either of those types (Normal or Flying). I did tell someone that I could even see it being a Fighting type, and the only reason I think that it could is comparing those frilly things of its to Mienshao's arm-whip things. It's a weird comparison, I know, but at least for me, I wouldn't be too surprised. One of those three, in my mind (and I still hope that there is no new type...).

Started by jesusfreak94:

I doubt it's a new Pokémon in the trailer, don't you think it would have been revealed in CoroCoro before it was released?

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    I doubt it's a new Pokémon in the trailer, don't you think it would have been revealed in CoroCoro before it was released?
    the look a little mangled to be pokemon either that or they are Gogoats but there mid design and arnt finished yet they probaly where supposed to be standing there

Question

Even IF Sylveon is Flying, Than the eeveelution to counter would be Rock type
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Haxorus and Excadrill say hi, they were revealed in a trailer last time before any official announcement.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Potential abilities and moves for revealed pokes
    Helioptile: chlorophyll, potentially with a new name, or a attack raising version maybe intimidate for when it opens up its frill.
    Moves: Solar beam

Pancham: Guts as he seems plucky, sap sipper for his leaf, moxie, maybe hustle.

Gogoat: rivalry, male goats like to clash horns, a new ability over bonding with its trainer.

Slyveon: a new fairy ability, magic guard.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    Even IF Sylveon is Flying that the eeveelution to counter would be Rock type
    who says Sylveon isnt the counter to me the other eeveelution could be fighting which would fit into a theme of Fight or Flight (a common basic animal) and eevee's ability to adapt to different sitiuations.

A fighting type Eeveelution would also have an advantage over Umbreon which has no weakness in the group and allow Espeon to be super effective against something

this is my theory if Sylveon is Flying its either F'ying or Fairy in my eyes but I really hope its Fairy!

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
    Haxorus and Excadrill say hi, they were revealed in a trailer last time before any official announcement.
    Or maybe because they were intended to be in the trailer unlike plant-goat thing?

Or maybe because they were intended to be in the trailer unlike plant-goat thing?
    It's still just pots, guys.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

you have no proof of that so don't try to pass it off for a fact. it's just speculation anyhow. I personally am not sure what it is because it looks too similar (albeit different) in design to gogoat to just be pots. it doesn't even look like pots but I'm not ruling anything out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

HOW? It is so very clearly goats. With fur. And heads.
    Pots don't have heads...
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    who says Sylveon isnt the counter to me the other eeveelution could be fighting which would fit into a theme of Fight or Flight (a common basic animal) and eevee's ability to adapt to different sitiuations.

A fighting type Eeveelution would also have an advantage over Umbreon which has no weakness in the group and allow Espeon to be super effective against something

this is my theory if Sylveon is Flying its either F'ying or Fairy in my eyes but I really hope its Fairy!
    Did'nt think about that...... so yeah could be Fighting
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Gogoat-shaped pots.

I've solved it!

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

There is no rational for Sylveon to be a flying type and I don't see why there is even speculation of that. I mean it has bows that blow in the wind but okay? Snubull has a skin dress.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Pokemon Smash made it clear that sylveon is strong against ice, so flying is NOT it's type.

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    HOW? It is so very clearly goats. With fur. And heads.
    Pots don't have heads...
    Wintendo has messed with us a few times throughout this thread so don't take him/her that seriously haha. He/She put Arceus in a list of Pokemon that need evolutions. (;

Quote Originally Posted by dss_live View Post
    Pokemon Smash made it clear that sylveon is strong against ice, so flying is NOT it's type.
    we know but we are just speculating its obvious its a new type everybody has either seen or heard about smash and I cant wait for it to be announced that Sylveon is Fairy but if it wasnt it would most likly be flying sooooo chill (which is something ice cant do around sylveon )

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    Even IF Sylveon is Flying, Than the eeveelution to counter would be Rock type
    Why do we need an another Eeveelution to counter Sylveon if Jolteon is just around?

Also hoping,that Sylveon would be Flying-type that have a unique ability to cover its weaknesses. Or just some existing types' weaknesses and resistants adjustments...
    Last edited by blue8arman; 16th May 2013 at 6:22 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

Page 1115 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1151015106511051111111211131114111511161117111811191125116512152115 ... LastLast