Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    we know but we are just speculating its obvious its a new type everybody has either seen or heard about smash and I cant wait for it to be announced that Sylveon is Fairy but if it wasnt it would most likly be flying sooooo chill (which is something ice cant do around sylveon )
    Didn't mean to sound riled up, not that in to it so dw

just mentioning it coz there is always a chance that somone didn't see smash. And speculating about a type it could be even tho its proven not to be seems kinda.. pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    There is no rational for Sylveon to be a flying type and I don't see why there is even speculation of that. I mean it has bows that blow in the wind but okay? Snubull has a skin dress.
    Have you ever seen kite bows ? It's similar to what Sylveon's wearing and a Pokémon doesn't even need to look like a Flying type or a Bird to be a Flying type (Gyarados, Tropius and Shaymin's Sky Form say hello).
    I still think Sylveon could be Bug type as well.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by blue8arman View Post
    Why do we need an another Eeveelution to counter Sylveon if Jolteon is just around?

Also hoping,that Sylveon would be Flying-type that have a unique ability to cover its weaknesses.
    I don't think Sylveon would be flying judging from the fact that in the trailer, it didn't posess any flying qualities, and that the bows aren't even close to wings. It would be fairy.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    I don't think Sylveon would be flying judging from the fact that in the trailer, it didn't posess any flying qualities, and that the bows aren't even close to wings. It would be fairy.
    Explanation
    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Have you ever seen kite bows ? It's similar to what Sylveon's wearing and a Pokémon doesn't even need to look like a Flying type or a Bird to be a Flying type (Gyarados, Tropius and Shaymin's Sky Form say hello).
    I still think Sylveon could be Bug type as well.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, "If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven."
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

BUT AS I ALWAYS BEEN SAYING Since Sylveon is strong against Ice and Dragon...... Weak to Poison and Steel and Rumored to be Immune to Dragon..

So to Counter it. It could be Poison,Steel or Dragon Eeveelution for the pair
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

I'd think it'd be ghost, it's the closest to Nymphali and and Feelinara that it would get in qualities without actually being fairy.

Elusive, and all that.
    Last edited by lindsy95; 16th May 2013 at 5:35 PM.

I wonder if that big purple structure on the map in the lake has anything to do with sylveons evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    BUT AS I ALWAYS BEEN SAYING Since Sylveon is strong against Ice and Dragon...... Weak to Poison and Steel and Rumored to be Immune to Dragon..

May be it's dual type with an ability for a great immunity to a certain type? with adjustments on existing types' weaknesses and resistances... What do you think?

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, "If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven."
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I'm not sure Gf will be adding Dual type Eeveelution when we still have types unused for Futue eeveelutions
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by blue8arman View Post
    May be it's dual type with an ability for a great immunity to a certain type? with adjustments on existing types' weaknesses and resistances... What do you think?
    Although eeveelutions noramlly showcase 1 type a dual typed eeveelution showcasing dual typed moves is and interesting thought if the rumors are real

It's not a proof at all, it's not because the japanese animator disguised in a Sylveon costume wasn't able to break a brick that means Sylveon's not going to by Fighting type, so same goes to your theory.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 16th May 2013 at 5:45 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

I'm not sure Gf will be adding Dual type Eeveelution when we still have types unused for Futue eeveelutions
    Hmmm, you're right. So, the hopes for Sylveon's type to be one of the existing types would be now depend on the ability it will possessed... Or just few types' adjustments

Although eeveelutions noramlly showcase 1 type a dual typed eeveelution showcasing dual typed moves is and interesting thought if the rumors are real
    Introducing of new types sounds weird to me, but for dual typing of moves would be great...And...
    ...Sylveon would be the first Eeveelution to be dual type...
    Last edited by blue8arman; 16th May 2013 at 5:49 PM.

That purple thing in the lake reminds me of the 'psyenergy stones' from the Golden Sun series.
    Top 8 favorite movies:

1) Drive (2011)
    2) Her (2013)
    3) Enemy (2013)
    4) V For Vendetta (2005)
    5) Tron Legacy (2010)
    6) Moon (2009)
    7) Following (1998)
    8) Midnight In Paris (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    That purple thing in the lake reminds me of the 'psyenergy stones' from the Golden Sun series.
    After looking closer at the map I can see its actually next to a town and has a symbol on it so im going to assume its a gym?

After looking closer at the map I can see its actually next to a town and has a symbol on it so im going to assume its a gym?
    Fairy Gym.

I'm gonna Sound my opinion. The negative replies may not be Light, but I think it'd be Cosmic if we got new types this gen!
    Copy this in your sig if you believe in new types!

Personally i think we are only getting on Eveeoultion this time around...it makes a lot of sense

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    Fairy Gym.
    Or Psychic, or Poison, or Normal, or Ghost Gym, or neither of them.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    Personally i think we are only getting on Eveeoultion this time around...it makes a lot of sense
    I know there's been so much emphasis on slyveon I'd feel bad for the other if there was one.

Having said that I would like a dragon counter part if slyveon is fairy.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    I know there's been so much emphasis on slyveon I'd feel bad for the other if there was one.

Having said that I would like a dragon counter part if slyveon is fairy.
    If there is another eeveeloution, maybe it's not getting as much attention since it's a type we already know about where Sylveon's type is a major mystery. If Sylveon is the only one, I won't have any qualms unless it's a female only eeveeloution

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Finding out that Korrina's the Shalour City gym leader
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

"My pokémon aren't mindless tools, they're my friends and family"

I think Sylveon will be Steel type.

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    Fairy Gym.
    No, please.
    If you play Pokemon Conquest, there was a kingdom called Illusio whose warlord is a Psychic-type user. In that kingdom, purple crystals were present... Sp, it could be like a Psychic-type gym or anyhting to do with psychic...

(I think we're not in the right thread to discuss the purple crystal-like thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    If there is another eeveeloution, maybe it's not getting as much attention since it's a type we already know about where Sylveon's type is a major mystery. If Sylveon is the only one, I won't have any qualms unless it's a female only eeveeloution
    I think I'd have to have the other just out of pity. And yeah I'd only be happy with female only slyveon if there was something male.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    I think I'd have to have the other just out of pity. And yeah I'd only be happy with female only slyveon if there was something male.
    if there is a second Eeveelution it might have an ability so awesome that you use Sylveon out of pity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    Please elaborate. It'd be interesting to actually hear Steel-Type Sylveon speculation.

Anyway, I think Fairy-Type could happen. We're getting 'Big News!' on Smash from Masuda, who's like one of the Pokemon gods along with Ken and Satoshi, and it explains why Sylveon's type has been so hard to guess. Look at Sylveon. It looks like a Fairy/Girly thing to me. It resembles a 'Magic Girl' character with all the streamers and ribbons.

Also, I hope there's a more Masculine Eeveelution. As I've guessed before, a Masculine Fighting-Type Eeveelution that the short's Eevee evolves into, which impresses Sylveon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    BLASPHEMY! STONE HIM!

jk
    It is Normal or a new type and THAT IS THAT OK WE'RE DONE WITH SYLVEON MOVING ON NOW.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Page 1116 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1161016106611061112111311141115111611171118111911201126116612162116 ... LastLast