Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    Better topic; think Steelix is going to have access to Coil this time around? While it may not save it from faster special based Pokémon, Coil on Steelix will make this thing a ferocious tank with 100%, STABed, 1.3 x 1.3 powered Iron Tail with one turn of set-up. That is, if your opponent is Regice on a bad day...

If I'm wrong, there always this artist's inspired evolution...
    Sheer Force would work with Iron Tail too wouldn't it? That would make it even more lethal

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRayne View Post
    Just putting this out there, I'd like to see a few pokemon change typing and maybe stats/moves

Charizard, the most dragon looking pokemon in the game for sure IMO is fire and flying??? How bout fire/dragon?
    Charizard (Or any starter) is unlikely to ever get Dragon-Type as it's typing because of it's resistance to Grass, Fire, and Water. Any starter that had it would be super OP amongst the starter Pokemon.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    I'm not big on Legend of Zelda if that is a Ganandorf reference...? I dunno
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl has a playable palette swap of Ganondorf with white, not grey, white old man hair. The transition left Ganon walking/running at glacial speeds, hitting as hard as a slammed door, and with old man hair... Grandpadorf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    The form wasn't pointless at all. It was to showcase that Keldeo has grown and gained more experience since his ordinary form.
    Apology for the sarcasm in advance but could they have done something unique and unexpected like... I dunno make Keldeo the first Legendary to evolve?

The 'form' itself is pointless, because it essentially renders the other one redundant if Keldeo is grown up- it wouldn't expect it to revert, would it? All he gets is a single move- no stat boosts or nothing.

I just think it was such a misuse of the gimmick, for a single move and some mumbojumbo plot stuff =\ I mean come on, it's pretty lame dude.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Sheer Force would work with Iron Tail too wouldn't it? That would make it even more lethal
    I'm sorry, I was assuming most people would know those modifiers. Life Orb (with no recoil thanks to Sheer Force!) gives 1.3 and so does Sheer Force, hence the 1.3 x 1.3 in the last post. Should have been more specific.
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.

If no evolution, which is very likely, I hope Steelix gets coil. It would make my favorite Pokemon even better. That was a cool looking evolution picture too.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl has a playable palette swap of Ganondorf with white, not grey, white old man hair. The transition left Ganon walking/running at glacial speeds, hitting as hard as a slammed door, and with old man hair... Grandpadorf.
    Meh, I like being kirby and using the move where he turns into a brick :P

that's about all I know about Smash Bros, sorry.

But we should totally expect pokemon based on other licensed Nintendo series. Star fox split evo for vulpix anyone? And how about a Donkey Kong evo for Primeape?

[
    Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I'd actually like some legendaries evolving.
    And breeding.
    (looks at Keldeo and shakes head at Gamefreak, disapointed at lack of taking the opportunity to evolve it; instead, implementing a puzzlingly crappy form- oh hey look, Keldeo got a bit sexier, wow :| )

I think some Legendaries should breed with specific others and produce certain offspring, as part of like an event ingame, so you can't get more than one egg.
    Last edited by storm12; 18th May 2013 at 12:49 AM.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Well to the chaizard typing fire/dragon being OP, It makes sense and doesn't at the same time... I mean empoleon became neutral to grass and thats its direct counter as a starter right!? Empoleon could be considered "OP" then for being neutral to grass thus making its natural killer "grass" ineffective...

I personally think the baby pokemon, charmander, squirtel etc should be mono types and have the whole awesome three way SE think going on, but after that seriously who the hell cares.... Charzard is a dragon, look at the majestic beast, it needs some OU domination

Well to the chaizard typing fire/dragon being OP, It makes sense and doesn't at the same time... I mean empoleon became neutral to grass and thats its direct counter as a starter right!? Empoleon could be considered "OP" then for being neutral to grass thus making its natural killer "grass" ineffective...

I personally think the baby pokemon, charmander, squirtel etc should be mono types and have the whole awesome three way SE think going on, but after that seriously who the hell cares.... Charzard is a dragon, look at the majestic beast, it needs some OU domination
    This, and Gyarados dropping the Flying type in favor of a Water/Dragon dual typing, has been the plight of veteran US Pokémon players since 1998. Unfortunately for all of us, it hasn't happened. We will all just have to settle for pseudo-Dragon-type status through access to Outrage and Dragon Dance like all of the other reptilian, pseudo dragon looking Pokémon. :/

On the bright side, now we know Game Freak at a whim will add/change types between generations to help comp. players. Maybe enough protestors will further this implementation; DarkRayne, are you ready to get that ball rolling?.... Gunna' need a lot of sigs...

Should start a thread on chaizard getting fire/dragon the typing it deserves just so people can see it and get it out there! Everyone has a soft spot for charizard, its the original beast looking pokemon that we all loved, needs some respect in OU or atleast do something about SR to make fire types more viable, maybe stealth rock should be normal type move, same/similar damage for all, fair game

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Apology for the sarcasm in advance but could they have done something unique and unexpected like... I dunno make Keldeo the first Legendary to evolve?

The 'form' itself is pointless, because it essentially renders the other one redundant if Keldeo is grown up- it wouldn't expect it to revert, would it? All he gets is a single move- no stat boosts or nothing.

I just think it was such a misuse of the gimmick, for a single move and some mumbojumbo plot stuff =\ I mean come on, it's pretty lame dude.
    It was most certainly not a misuse of a gimmick, it was a form not forme, we had this before in the past like Sawsbuck, don't see you complaining about those. And that is the whole focus, it's story not battle wise, sorry but not everything is going to receive a drastic change. In fact I like Resolute form better than Ordinary form lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    It was most certainly not a misuse of a gimmick, it was a form not forme, we had this before in the past like Sawsbuck, don't see you complaining about those. And that is the whole focus, it's story not battle wise, sorry but not everything is going to receive a drastic change. In fact I like Resolute form better than Ordinary form lmao.
    Sawsbuck is a gimmick pokemon and was given extra forms to show off the season mechaninc.
    Keldeo's new forme didn't bring anything new to the table, and if it was meant to show growth it should have had better stats. It is even worse when it is inroduced later, and is exactly the same as the old Keldeo.
    Last edited by Endless; 18th May 2013 at 1:14 AM.

Should start a thread on chaizard getting fire/dragon the typing it deserves just so people can see it and get it out there! Everyone has a soft spot for charizard, its the original beast looking pokemon that we all loved, needs some respect in OU or atleast do something about SR to make fire types more viable, maybe stealth rock should be normal type move, same/similar damage for all, fair game
    I wish you the best of luck, brother. I'm telling you this is not the first time somebody has wanted Charizard to be something better. Another website has a very solid article on why Solar Power Charizard just can't hang out long enough, which I'm sure you're painfully aware of.

Enlighten thyself...

Sucks... Each generation phases out more of my favourite pokemon... Snorlax, nidoking, charizard... Even my beloved Tyranitar isn't the menace it used to be, but atleast its holding in there... Gamefreak you bastards, start making the good looking pokemon stronger lol

Isn't Iron head better with that ability? 100% accuracy Vs Iron Tails 75% accuracy.
    Omega Sapphire team

Quote Originally Posted by HafuTrance View Post
    Isn't Iron head better with that ability? 100% accuracy Vs Iron Tails 75% accuracy.
    Not if Steelix gets Coil

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

They gave infernape fighting/fire and torterra grass/ground to counter it's steel/water typing.
    Omega Sapphire team

Quote Originally Posted by HafuTrance View Post
    Not if Steelix gets Coil
    The topic was about Steelix getting Coil in Gen 6. Yes, currently Iron Head is the immediate better option due to Iron Tail's poopy accuracy. Actually, Gyro Ball's the even better option because if you're going to try to sweep with Steelix, Curse compliments Gyro Ball better than any other option. This is great on paper, but doesn't work out too well in practice. Power wasn't the only thing to creep up in Gen 5, speeder Pokémon, and weather abusers telescoping the tiers have left slower tanks in the dust through revenge killings. And Trick Room lasts only three turns with Steelix, unless your playing 2 on 2. One of which is Cursing.

The other two turns, you'll be doing a different type of cursing...

Not if Steelix gets Coil
    Oh talking on the aspect of coil. I'm not sure Steelix would have enough time to set up before it was kOed by a faster special attacker. Though, I could see it walling/destroying physical attackers much better than before."If there is no special attacker to counter it which is usually unlikely"

The topic was about Steelix getting Coil in Gen 6. Yes, currently Iron Head is the immediate better option due to Iron Tail's poopy accuracy. Actually, Gyro Ball's the even better option because if you're going to try to sweep with Steelix, Curse compliments Gyro Ball better than any other option. This is great on paper, but doesn't work out too well in practice. Power wasn't the only thing to creep up in Gen 5, speeder Pokémon, and weather abusers telescoping the tiers have left slower tanks in the dust through revenge killings. And Trick Room lasts only three turns with Steelix, unless your playing 2 on 2. One of which is Cursing.

The other two turns, you'll be doing a different type of cursing...
    Oh sweeping, I don't see it as a sweeper I only see it as a wall that can take a few hits and send a few back before it faints.
    Last edited by HafuTrance; 18th May 2013 at 2:01 AM.
    Omega Sapphire team

I mean empoleon became neutral to grass and thats its direct counter as a starter right!? Empoleon could be considered "OP" then for being neutral to grass thus making its natural killer "grass" ineffective...
    Also, consider empoleon loses its resistance to Fire types, meaning it certainly isn't OP. A better example would be Torterra learning Earthquake, and that's countered by Torterra's sucky speed. A dragon type Charizard would double it's resistance to fire, lose it's weakness to water, half its resistance to rock, and gain a resistance (rather than a weakness) to electric. The only disadvantage Charizard would get is loss of immunity to Ground types (now being 2x) and loss of resistance to Fighting type. In other words, Swampert and Torterra would be the only ones that benefit from this change. All other starters would be at a worse disadvantage (other than the grass types).

Sorry if this came off as overly aggressive, even though I joined the franchise in Gen 4, I'm pretty sensitive to the idea of changing old Pokemon's types.
    Last edited by senoel; 18th May 2013 at 2:18 AM. Reason: ******* typos

Everybody has a dream, what's your's?

If Fairy type does show up, it could be possible that Steelix may have an advantage over it, only if Fairy types are really good though. I would definately like to see Steel and Poison types get a boost in Gen 6.
    Last edited by Mega Steelix; 18th May 2013 at 2:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelix2.0 View Post
    If Fairy type does show up, it could be possible that Steelix may have an advantage over it, only if Fairy types are really good though.
    What if steelix became fairy type. Yeah. Imagine it.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I would say that now you're getting ridiculous, but we've all been way passed that days ago

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Running into Calem again , while getting the feeling that we're being watched
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

I really don't know why steelix doesn't have coil already. It should have at the very least been released as a DW move for onix. It's a snake-based move and they are rock/steel snakes (not dual-type rock/steel, just literally what they're made of) so it would have been logical to give them the move.

unless they're going for the logic that it's a posion type move and therefore it should have no self-effect on steelix. i don't think that would make much sense though so i doubt that's their logic anyhow. i just hope he gets that move in gen VI because it would make steelix all the more useful. as if he's not useful enough already :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I would say that now you're getting ridiculous, but we've all been way passed that days ago
    i think they were just joking. no need to get feisty (:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    That sounds quite awful actually. It will always be Steel/Ground. But maybe an Onix split-evolution to a Rock/Fairy Pokemon? Nah.

Page 1142 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1421042109211321138113911401141114211431144114511461152119212422142 ... LastLast