Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

  1. #28551
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelix2.0 View Post
    If Fairy type does show up, it could be possible that Steelix may have an advantage over it, only if Fairy types are really good though. I would definately like to see Steel and Poison types get a boost in Gen 6.
    I would assume if fairy"Or whatever it may be called" rings true it's likely going to add a second type to a few"bunch" of pokemon that don't have a second type. They did it with second Gen by giving steel type to Magnemite/Magneton.
    Omega Sapphire team

  2. #28552
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    I honestly don't think that adding a new type warrants any retyping if done right
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

  3. #28553
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HafuTrance View Post
    I would assume if fairy"Or whatever it may be called" rings true it's likely going to add a second type to a few"bunch" of pokemon that don't have a second type. They did it with second Gen by giving steel type to Magnemite/Magneton.
    you say it like they're just going to throw fairy-type on to any single-type pokemon that may or may not need it. magnetmite and magneton kind of needed that type-change since they were made of metal and it gave them a resistance to the assassins that were psychic-types.

    if there's any old pokemon that i think (not want) will receive the fairy-type (if it is real) are the cleffa line, snubbull line, and mawile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  4. #28554
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    you say it like they're just going to throw fairy-type on to any single-type pokemon that may or may not need it. magnetmite and magneton kind of needed that type-change since they were made of metal and it gave them a resistance to the assassins that were psychic-types.

    if there's any old pokemon that i think (not want) will receive the fairy-type (if it is real) are the cleffa line, snubbull line, and mawile.
    What about the igglybuff line?
    Omega Sapphire team

  5. #28555
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Of course, Light would require no/minimal retyping
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

  6. #28556
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRayne View Post
    Sucks... Each generation phases out more of my favourite pokemon... Snorlax, nidoking, charizard... Even my beloved Tyranitar isn't the menace it used to be, but atleast its holding in there... Gamefreak you bastards, start making the good looking pokemon stronger lol
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. Take a breath, and think about what you're saying. True, Nidoking isn't Thunderus, Scizor, or Drizzletoed this generation, but given it's placement from the last 15 years, this thing has utterly redeemed itself. It's counterpart has been in suspect testing for over a year now, all thanks to their Dream World abilities, which is all they really needed to excel at what they do. Tyranitar consistently ranks in the charts, and while it's not as defensive as before, neither are the other walls like Skarmory and Blissey. And Snorlax keeps Underused Special giants in check all the time, one of whom is Zapdos.

    But if your favorites include Flareon, well my friend, your betting on the losing pony. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

    I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  7. #28557
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HafuTrance View Post
    What about the igglybuff line?
    I don't see why they would be retyped. They're not in the fairy egg group, nor are they classified as fairy pokemon. I understand if you think they should because they can be seen as the cleffa line's counterpart because of the moon stone evos and the pre-evos being introduced in gen II, and maybe even their color schemes as well as their shiny color schemes. But putting all those similarities aside, the igglybuff has no real reason to be retyped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    if your favorites include Flareon, well my friend, your betting on the losing pony. :/
    Why do you reckon flareon is so mistreated? lol I really don't understand why they didn't give him flare blitz. It's defenses and speed are dire and it sort of puts its attack at a useless level. It could be pretty useful on a trick room team with 0 Speed IV's and no EV investments in it, but there are some things it does outspeed so you'd have to be careful.

    Also, while i'm on an eeveelution, i realized recently that breeding doesn't benefit them very much as eevee can evolve into a shitload of types. it's not like you could breed flare blitz onto it because then you could potentially have a glaceon with flare blitz.
    Last edited by Greninja VI; 18th May 2013 at 3:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  8. #28558
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Anywhere but here
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    I honestly don't think that adding a new type warrants any retyping if done right
    I done right yes, and I hope it is if done. However, if you ever find you have time to kill, try imagining a new pokemon type that WOULDN'T require retyping. Point is it's harder than it looks.

    I'm just sick of people suggesting "cosmic","astral", and "temporal" types... WHAT IN ARCEUS'S NAME WAS GEN IV ABOUT THEN !!!!11!!!!1 Sorry... had to get that out.

    Either way, I'm not against a new type, I just find it extremely unlikely.


    Everybody has a dream, what's your's?

  9. #28559
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    City of Ruin
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Of course, Light would require no/minimal retyping
    I'm sure they'd find a way to sneak it on there, if they are planning to re-type older Pokemon, anyway.
    If there is a new type.

  10. #28560
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I don't see why they would be retyped. They're not in the fairy egg group, nor are they classified as fairy pokemon. I understand if you think they should because they can be seen as the cleffa line's counterpart because of the moon stone evos and the pre-evos being introduced in gen II, and maybe even their color schemes as well as their shiny color schemes. But putting all those similarities aside, the igglybuff has no real reason to be retyped.
    http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/egg/fairy.shtml o-o
    Omega Sapphire team

  11. #28561
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Anywhere but here
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Of course, Light would require no/minimal retyping
    http://leviathyn.com/wp-content/uplo...ound_light.jpg


    Everybody has a dream, what's your's?

  12. #28562
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I'm positive there will be another type added (light, fairy *lame* etc) just look at sylveon, it definitely dose not look flying, and I'm pretty sure if it was normal type it would look more like eevee since eevee is itself normal type you would expect its eeveelution to have a mane (like eevee) and features, colours etc similar to eevee...? For me sylveon is just far to drastic change from what eevee looks like to be a normal type pokemon.

    Btw I hate sylveons colour scheme and girly little bow its stupid, maybe its a female, males should have different colours, say blue, and instead of a bow have a tie or something lol

  13. #28563
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    I really can't see any of those actually making sense.

    That description for a light type is very vague, every single Fire or Grass type is powered up by sunlight
    Last edited by Elnava; 18th May 2013 at 3:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

  14. #28564
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    City of Ruin
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Actually, if there's a new type, maybe only female Eevees can be Sylveons, while the males get Dragon.

  15. #28565
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRayne View Post
    I'm positive there will be another type added (light, fairy *lame* etc) just look at sylveon, it definitely dose not look flying, and I'm pretty sure if it was normal type it would look more like eevee since eevee is itself normal type you would expect its eeveelution to have a mane (like eevee) and features, colours etc similar to eevee...? For me sylveon is just far to drastic change from what eevee looks like to be a normal type pokemon.

    Btw I hate sylveons colour scheme and girly little bow its stupid, maybe its a female, males should have different colours, say blue, and instead of a bow have a tie or something lol
    This is what I thought it would look like shiny. 536975_169645883183063_760853263_n.jpg
    Omega Sapphire team

  16. #28566
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Anywhere but here
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    I really can't see any of those actually making sense.

    That description for a light type is very vague, every single Fire or Grass type is powered up by sunlight
    Cherrim is also based mostly around changing because of the sun.


    Everybody has a dream, what's your's?

  17. #28567
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HafuTrance View Post
    My mistake, i looked igglybuff up on bulbapedia and it was under undiscovered egg group but now i realize that's because its a baby pokemon and they can't be bred (i hope i'm right on that note)

    well then maybe there is a chance they could be retyped as well, but not as likely as the cleffa line.


    Quote Originally Posted by HafuTrance View Post
    This is what I thought it would look like shiny. 536975_169645883183063_760853263_n.jpg
    that recoloration screams ghost-type. i think shiny it would probably look more orange though, sort of like leafeon's shiny coloration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  18. #28568
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    205

    Default

    It's possible Sylveon has an ability that inverts/alters it's weaknesses rather than it being a new type added to the game.
    Omega Sapphire team

  19. #28569
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I think light is plausible, grass (plants) need light for photosynthesis, so naturally grass should be SE to light as well as resistant. Fire could also be SE to light as light would increase fires intensity. Light would naturally be SE to dark type as the absence of light leaves only dark, but with light around it prevails over darkness. Light could also be super effective to water as light can shine right through it, as well as possibly evaporating it.

    Ofcourse this is all just fun theory... Seriously who knows what game freak is capable of, they made turds like Luvdisc and ice cream pokemon, maybe fairy type is possible, HOPEFULLY not

  20. #28570
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRayne View Post
    I think light is plausible, grass (plants) need light for photosynthesis, so naturally grass should be SE to light as well as resistant. Fire could also be SE to light as light would increase fires intensity. Light would naturally be SE to dark type as the absence of light leaves only dark, but with light around it prevails over darkness. Light could also be super effective to water as light can shine right through it, as well as possibly evaporating it.

    Ofcourse this is all just fun theory... Seriously who knows what game freak is capable of, they made turds like Luvdisc and ice cream pokemon, maybe fairy type is possible, HOPEFULLY not
    well technically where there's light, there's darkness behind it soooo..
    regardless, dark type isn't dark type in the original versions. it's evil type so that wouldn't make sense anyway.
    and also it's been arguably the most speculated type since gen II and it hasn't came to be, so i don't see it happening now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  21. #28571
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRayne View Post
    I think light is plausible, grass (plants) need light for photosynthesis, so naturally grass should be SE to light as well as resistant. Fire could also be SE to light as light would increase fires intensity. Light would naturally be SE to dark type as the absence of light leaves only dark, but with light around it prevails over darkness. Light could also be super effective to water as light can shine right through it, as well as possibly evaporating it.
    Or maybe Fire is immune to Light rather than Fire being supereffective against. And maybe Light and Dark would be supereffective against each other.
    Light type may have to wait longer for GameFreak to implement. Right now lots of people are betting on Fairy.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

  22. #28572
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Sound Type - Doesn't make sense since there's already a bunch of Normal type "sound moves."

    Light type - Doesn't make sense due to Fire/Grass types dealing with sunlight whilst Psychic/Normal basically are Dark's opposite.

    Fairy - Doesn't make sense because it seems too feminine/childish compared to other types. And there's the fact that "fairy" Pokemon are usually just Normal or Psychic.
    Last edited by Shraeder; 18th May 2013 at 4:29 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  23. #28573
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Sound Type - Doesn't make sense since there's already a bunch of Normal type "sound moves."

    Light type - Doesn't make sense due to Fire/Grass types dealing with sunlight whilst Psychic/Normal basically are Dark's opposite.

    Fairy - Dumb because it seems to feminine and there's the fact that "fairy" Pokemon are usually just Normal or Psychic.
    Fairy doesn't sound dumb, it's just unfavored for many of us. It sounds more childish than feminine. But I agree, shouldn't Psychic already fill in for the magical powers fairies use?
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

  24. #28574
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Yea but what I'm saying is light will always conquer dark. If u have a pitch black room even a small candle will light it up, sure darkness is always around but only in the absence of light, which makes light SE... And even if dark type meant demonic/evil, light would still have a foothold over it as normally the 'good' guys always win, and pokemon is after all designed for a younger audience... I still think it is possible to have another type maybe not light, I just can't see sylveon being a normal or flying type which leaves nothing else but a new type left, but that's just my opinion your mileage may differ

  25. #28575
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Sound Type - Doesn't make sense since there's already a bunch of Normal type "sound moves."

    Light type - Doesn't make sense due to Fire/Grass types dealing with sunlight whilst Psychic/Normal basically are Dark's opposite.

    Fairy - Dumb because it seems to feminine and there's the fact that "fairy" Pokemon are usually just Normal or Psychic.
    so misinformed, young child. you're thinking of tinkerbell when you hear fairy but that's not what fairy is all about. and feminine isn't a bad thing, there are plenty of feminine pokemon that are beasts. also, judging a type by it's name is a lot more "dumb" than the type itself.


    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRayne View Post
    Yea but what I'm saying is light will always conquer dark. If u have a pitch black room even a small candle will light it up, sure darkness is always around but only in the absence of light, which makes light SE... And even if dark type meant demonic/evil, light would still have a foothold over it as normally the 'good' guys always win, and pokemon is after all designed for a younger audience... I still think it is possible to have another type maybe not light, I just can't see sylveon being a normal or flying type which leaves nothing else but a new type left, but that's just my opinion your mileage may differ
    1. that's not always the case
    2. since when does light represent good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Page 1143 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1431043109311331139114011411142114311441145114611471153119312432143 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •