Page 117 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 17671071131141151161171181191201211271672171117 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

I'm still waiting on a white tiger that is ice and some other type maybe Electric(BoltBeam stab sweetness) or fighting.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    The steel type was introduced to balance the Psychic/Dark/Ghost triangle, as Steel types resist all three.
    Though the more specific reason why they were added was so that Psychic types weren't the only one's 'nerfed'
    Steel types resist almsot evry type, and I believe any type it doesn't resist, gets super effective damage. Also because Psychic types were sooo powerful, fighting types are completely weak to psychic pokemon; and back in the day, were the worst type to use, seeing as fighting types were only effective against Rock, Ice, and Normal type which are all quite bulky and made it very hard to use Fighting type moves for equal coverage. So in gen2, fighting typs became even more popular, because of there utility against Dark and Steel types.

So in short, dark types were created to counter psychic pokemon, steel types were created to promote the use of fighting pokemon.
    Wow, thanks. That make sense.
    I was thinking about that, I also think Steel type were created to counter the amount of Poison type pokemon that Gen1 have.

New pokémon ideas:

A dark stand alone clown pokémon called 'It' or 'Ownit'.
    A Ghost armor pokémon, ghost/steel. 'Gharmor', evolution called 'Gharmour' (the romantic ghost armor pokémon).
    A siberian tiger, ice/fighting. Sibiger
    A geiser pokémon, water/fire. Owfuthahot (ow, **** that's hot)
    A mangrove tree pokémon, grass/dark, dark/water, maybe rock/dark (evolution of sudowoodoo?). Grovewoodoo
    A christmas elf pokémon, ice/psychic. Flemas
    A (eurosong) pop diva pokémon, ice/psychic (Jinx evolution, she evolves when she wins a singing contest (pokésong contest)?). Jijinx
    A dolphin, narwhal, orca,... Reppilf, Nartusk & Freewirca

Trio (based on supernatural european creatures):

A werewolf pokémon, dark/fire. Werewire
    A vampire pokémon, dark/ice. Icula
    A frankenstein pokémon, dark/electric. Frantric
    Last edited by PKMN KING; 28th January 2013 at 12:25 PM.
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    People Chill.
    Why do some people always need to flip out whenever there's talk about new types.
    *No need to call people or the idea stupid/horrible/terrible... And hating on it >_> that's over reacting...
    Just analyze how it could/ or won't work, think of new possibilities. And don't always look at the bad side.
    I'm sure if GameFreaks were to add it (new types/stuff in general), they'd make it fit.

That's a great depiction of what's going on here
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    New pokémon ideas:

A dark stand alone clown pokémon called 'It' or 'Ownit'.
    A Ghost armor pokémon, ghost/steel. 'Gharmor', evolution called 'Gharmour' (the romantic ghost armor pokémon).
    A siberian tiger, ice/fighting. Sibiger
    A geiser pokémon, water/fire. Owfuthahot (ow, **** that's hot)
    A mangrove tree pokémon, grass/dark, dark/water, maybe rock/dark (evolution of sudowoodoo?). Grovewoodoo
    A christmas elf pokémon, ice/psychic. Flemas
    A (eurosong) pop diva pokémon, ice/psychic (Jinx evolution, she evolves when she wins a singing contest (pokésong contest)?). Jijinx
    A dolphin, narwhal, orca,... Reppilf, Nartusk & Freewirca

Trio (based on supernatural european creatures):

A werewolf pokémon, dark/fire. Werewire
    A vampire pokémon, dark/ice. Icula
    A frankenstein pokémon, dark/electric. Frantric
    Yeah I doubt they will do a name based on three words and a curse word. (Cofagrigus was just an accident). The trio sounds interesting though personally.

New types don't bother me, i think it's fun to think about what a 'Sound' type and 'Light' type could be and do. I don't know how GameFreak would hande it though, plus as many have said, the types are already pretty fairly balanced. Introducing new types isn't nearly that easy. I think if we want to get technical, I think GameFreak wanted to include Steel and Dark types in Gen I but it just couldn't be done with the limited amount of space they had for programming. I could be wrong about that, though.

As far as Fossil types go, cuz I saw people talking about that. We need like a caveman/neanderthal(<spelled right?) pokemon. Make him/her Fighting/Rock. Call it Pildown. Not sure what the evo would be. Itd be a fun little nod to the European region as a whole.

Water pokemon, we definately need some more this Gen. I'd love to see a squid pokemon. No Tentacool/Tentacruel doesn't count. Tentacool is based on Jellyfish, and Tentacruel is based on a Portugese Man'o'war. Given squids penchant for high emotions, they'd be your Water/Psychic pokemon. A dolphin pokemon still could be, though. With this being in a more European region (allegedly), and given that regions relationship with the Giant Squid throughout history, it'd make some degree of sense.

With the Dolphin Pokemon, and how fishermen believed they were mermaids, or cursed pirates/sailors, that'd be interesting to inculde that in the design. Maybe like as an evo for a dolphin pokemon, something mermaid based.

I also wouldn't be opposed to another shark pokemon, maybe one based on a Hammerhead or a Great White. Or that could be a fossil, a Megalodon inspired pokemon....

Given the European regions history with them, a plague rat inspired pokemon could be cool. A Poison/Dark combination. First stage could be Blarat (Comibination of the words "Black" and "Rat", a black or very dark bluish/purple rat pokemon with little red eyes, and maybe a red tail) Second stage could be Ratague (Combination of "Rat" and "Plague", picture an evil looking Raticate with the color scheme i described for "Blarat", larger red eyes, like the faux eyes on Tentacool).

I'm still waiting on a proper Gorilla pokemon. First stage could be Chimpazee and second could be Silverack. Callback to something I said earlier in this long post, a Pirate pokemon could be cool. Not at all sure what it would look like...

Quote Originally Posted by c4tman View Post
    Hm, Space type ? Yeah, it could be cool because there are some move that could fit in this category like Cosmic Power or Wish maybe ? Morning Sun, Moon light etc.
    However, I still think that the types we actually have are good and musn't change.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

If Gamefreak does added light type Pokemon. I would love to see a light/steel Paladin Pokemon. It should start out at its beginner through mid stage as a steel type but have the choice to becoming a Corrupt Knight or a Paladin Pokemon by a item ((Holy Hammer for Paladin, or Corrupt Sword for Corrupt Knight.))

It would be nice if this generation we got 151 new pokemon. Not only does it follow Gen 1's upper limit, but it will give us an even 800 overall.

I'm guessing around 120 though.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/29w0sad.jpg[/IMG]
    Hopes for Megas

[IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/2u4iudy.jpg[/IMG]

I'm leaning to 120-130 for this generation, bringing it to 769-779 Pokemon altogether which doesn't look too shabby personally.

If they bring new evo's and pre-evo's, I hope the total number of new Pokemon can at least compensate for it.
    Like, 100 new Pokemon, plus 20 new evo's. Total of 120.
    Not like Gen4, where it was like 110 and half of them or something were just add-ons for current Pokemon.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

I hope the give evos to shuckle, emolga, and ledian! Ledian has one of my favorite designs ever, but those stats:/

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    I hope the give evos to shuckle, emolga, and ledian! Ledian has one of my favorite designs ever, but those stats:/
    Bad bugs will remain bad bugs (like Ariados )

How about a Ferrothorn evolution! That will be awesome personally along with Shuckle!

I want there to be more alternative evolutions this Gen.

Vigoroth is in serious need of one, given the ability of what it evolves into. I'd like for Dragonair to have an alternative evolution too, but that would be purely for aesthetic reasons.

Ferrothorn is already OU. An evo would be overpowered.

And Unova didn't have all Pokemon based on animals and stuff native to the US, except for Braviary, Mandibuzz, Bouffalant, and a few others. I imagine this region will be no different.

As for evos of past gen. Pokemon, I've always been in favor of Houndoom evolving into a Cerberus-like Pokemon, though I don't think it would happen.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 28th January 2013 at 4:41 PM.

Lol, shuckle evo? Do you want to fight an eviolite shuckle?

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    Lol, shuckle evo? Do you want to fight an eviolite shuckle?
    THANK YOU! That thing would be hell to fight,
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Ferrothorn is already OU. An evo would be overpowered.

And Unova didn't have all Pokemon based on animals and stuff native to the US, except for Braviary, Mandibuzz, Bouffalant, and a few others. I imagine this region will be no different.

As for evos of past gen. Pokemon, I've always been in favor of Houndoom evolving into a Cerberus-like Pokemon, though I don't think it would happen.
    The Ferrothorn and Shuckle evo idea was a joke. :/

I feel like Jynx needs an evolution nowadays, I wished it debuted in Gen 4 like Magmortar and Electivire. Also Sableye hands down.

I'd like to see a pre-evolution form for Lapras this gen.
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by WaterMasterDD View Post
    I'd like to see a pre-evolution form for Lapras this gen.
    Same here :3 Also, pre-evo for skarmory?

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

Thats it! Evo of Skarmory! That will teach em. Okay I'm done with these jokes. :/

A pre evo of Lapras would be nice but it would look likely to be a baby Pokemon IMO. I just feel like it would.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Thats it! Evo of Skarmory! That will teach em. Okay I'm done with these jokes. :/

A pre evo of Lapras would be nice but it would look likely to be a baby Pokemon IMO. I just feel like it would.
    That's exactly what I mean - similar to Mantyke.
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Wait... what? It was never stated what Xerneas and Yveltal are based on, we barely know anything about them.
    I never said they were officially, but As far as I'm concerned. Sound familiar?

I'm hoping that we have one or two lines of pokemon (maybe version exclusives) that start out as babies. Only Togepi (and Phione/Manaphy, but that's a mess) has ever been introduced with its evolution. While I do like some prevos and evos, I don't like that they're so far apart in the national-dex.

I'm also on board with at least one dragon line early in the game, I'm sure there is some European dragon myth or other mythical creature that could be drawn from for this. Maybe have a Dragon egg that we can access early in the game, but it takes a lot of steps to hatch/evolve it.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/29w0sad.jpg[/IMG]
    Hopes for Megas

[IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/2u4iudy.jpg[/IMG]

Page 117 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 17671071131141151161171181191201211271672171117 ... LastLast