Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I am not against adding new types to things.. But, Volcarona being part fairy, I mean, really?
    that is unlikely, it isn't really like a fairy. i think jirachi would be most likely to change type, as it looks quite a bit like a fairy. really, i don't want any pokemon to change types, only some to gain fairy.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Fairy typing would not make Mismagius or Misdreavus higher, competition-wise. W ith Infernape and Reuniclus in OU, Fairy will probably be pushed down by the two offensive Fire and Psychic players.
    I think you mixed up not very effective on fire and psychic with weaknesses. Fairy is not weak against psychic or fire...

Fairy typing would not make Mismagius or Misdreavus higher, competition-wise. With Infernape and Reuniclus in OU, Fairy will probably be pushed down by the two offensive Fire and Psychic players.
    Well, if the rumour is anything to go by, neither Infernape or Reuniclus would actually resist a combination of Ghost-Type and Fairy-Type attacks. Infernape would take x1 damage from Ghost-Type attacks, and Reuniclus would take x2 damage from Ghost-Type attacks, so a Ghost/Fairy-Type probably wouldn't fare to badly.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Regality you may want to watch all those double posts, before a mod sees them.

Also for if fairy were to become a type
    What dual type with it would you like?
    I'd love to see them pull off a fairy/dark pokemon
    Maybe an evil mischievous pixie....

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post

I'd be interested in seeing a Fighting/Fairy-Type. I'd like to see what they can come up with for that combination.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post

Too late, they got me!

A Fairy/steel would be interesting, kinda like mixing nature with material things...

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Too late, they got me!

A Fairy/steel would be interesting, kinda like mixing nature with material things...
    thats sucks they got me the other day aswel

I really like the idea of a Fairy/Steel but what would it look like? (mawile?)

Dragon/Fairy would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    thats sucks they got me the other day aswel

I really like the idea of a Fairy/Steel but what would it look like? (mawile?)
    I personally don't see the steel type in mawile.. like, I wouldn't guess it to be that type if I didn't know it.
    But hmm, maybe a fairy knight? or like a metal fairy sculpture that has come alive? It is hard to guess..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Fairy/steel is really interesting
    I could image a scrap metal sculpture

Edit: idea got ninjad, hahaha

____

I'd love fairy/rock too
    A Pokémon based of crystal

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post
    Well, if the rumour is anything to go by, neither Infernape or Reuniclus would actually resist a combination of Ghost-Type and Fairy-Type attacks. Infernape would take x1 damage from Ghost-Type attacks, and Reuniclus would take x2 damage from Ghost-Type attacks, so a Ghost/Fairy-Type probably wouldn't fare to badly.
    Yea that's what I thought.

I personally don't see the steel type in mawile.. like, I wouldn't guess it to be that type if I didn't know it.
    But hmm, maybe a fairy knight? or like a metal fairy sculpture that has come alive? It is hard to guess..
    Or based on queen Titania...titanium>.>you get it...

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Flareon Fan View Post
    I think you mixed up not very effective on fire and psychic with weaknesses. Fairy is not weak against psychic or fire...
    Whoops, meant Steel and Poison weaknesses.
    Shoot, Poison types may not get that big of a boost if there are already alot of Steel types in OU to counter Fairy.
    But Poison being SE against Fairy would still be good for the type in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghris View Post
    I've always wanted a steam punk water / steel pokemon any ideas?
    A hammerhead shark? I've seen a cool shark/cog thingy that was very steampunk on deviantart before, sorry I can't link/credit it =[

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    I would love to see a bird Pokemon based on a quill pen, that would be awesome. It could be the writing counterpart to Smeargle. It could have a Shakespearean design; it would fit in perfectly I think especially if the region is based on Europe.
    That would be awesome actually, there is a whole host of French writers it could have an origin from. Maybe a Descartes bird! He was beaky enough

I'd be interested in seeing a Fighting/Fairy-Type. I'd like to see what they can come up with for that combination.
    I could imagine a Mew/Celebi thing based upon the Greek Goddess Nike (I always go for Greek, I don't really know much Gaelic myth, or Norse from the other myths) as being Fairy/Fighting- as it is the spirit of victory... oh, Victini =[

Maybe an Athena pokemon? Fairy/Fighting FTW for that.

Someone else was saying about Steel/Fairy- maybe a goblin like creature that lives in mines, that protects metal ores? Based upon the Kobold?
    I've never really understood fully why Mawile was pure Steel- if anything it should surely have been part Dark? Like its called Kucheat and Mawile- it is the Deciever pokemon- how is it NOT dark type? Seriously =P

Misdreavus is based on some being from Japanese mythology that can dislodge it's head and float around. It goes around at night scaring people or something. So I'm not sure why people say mawile should get fairy type due to it's roots in Japanese mythology but they seem to ignore misdreavus having a similar background.
    I really feel misdreavus has good potential as a fairy type. Cherrim and musharna would also be good fairy types. Also your reasoning for glalie and whimsicott does make sense to me now.
    I can hold my hands up and say I didn't know that about Misdreavus man, thanks for enlightening me with that I always just thought it was a random ghost based partially upon a Banshee because it learns Perish Song and stuff. Fairy would be good for it

I wholeheartedly agree with everything Storm12 said. He explained everything a hundred times better than I could :P
    Thanks so much man
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

I'd like to see a Corsola evolution. It's one of those Pokémon that has pretty pants stats, but is rarely mentioned when it comes to getting an evolution (unlike Dunsparce and Farfetch'd).

Something like this?

I have a question I'd like to address

Ever since the revelation of pancham, people have been elated that there's finally a panda pokemon (I amongst said people)...then others started pointing out that spinda was a panda...albeit unideal, spinda is indeed a panda...spinda lacks the signature eye patches and the coloring...which leads to the scarily too common argument that spinda is a red panda and not a giant panda....which brings us to the core of my question...

Where are people getting that spinda is based off of a red panda? Is is just because its spots are red in color because that's not convincing...

red pandas: http://cdn2.arkive.org/media/DF/DF65...ee-captive.jpg are a distinct family of order carnivora...they resemble some sort of a mixture between a cat and a raccoon with striking reddish-orange fur, a mask of white markings and a long, bushy ringed tail...there is only one species in that family and that is Ailurus fulgens (shining cat in latin)...in truth, this animal is only closely related to the giant panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) relative to say dogs or cats but NOT relative to bears....a giant panda is a bear...a red panda is not...

the naming issue arose when classification of the giant panda was still foggy...although the giant panda was clearly ursine in appearance, it shares lots of traits with the procyons (raccoon family)...in fact, raccoons and bears are fairly closely related...they both exhibit plantigrade (flat-footed rather than tiptoe) stance, manipulate items with their front limbs, have diverse dentistry to account for omnivory, etc...due to these anomalies, the giant panda was placed in classification limbo for a while and during that time, the red panda was classified...it exhibited more common traits with raccoon (like the well-developed tail), but had behavioral and anatomical affinities with the giant panda and other bears, such as a bamboo diet, so it was decided to dub it the red "panda" or lesser "panda"in fact, it is probably the link between bears and raccoons...now with genome analysis, we know that giant pandas are bears, and red pandas are by themselves between raccoons and bears evolutionarily, but the name stuck...

traditionally in China, the red panda was known as the "Huo hu" or "fire fox"but now, they are also referred to as "Xiao Xiong Mao" or "small bear cat" whereas the giant panda is referred to as the 'large bear cat"...common names are no indication of how related 2 animals are though...for example, the term buzzard is used very loosely...in the US, it commonly refers to a new world vulture...but in the old world, it usually refers to hawks in the genus (buteo), the animals the term originally described....

Now, let's look at spinda, coloration aside, it's body structure is that of a bear...bipedal stance, short, broad face, stocky limbs, short tail, etc...the only anomaly are the ears, which resembles those of a rabbit...there are no indications whatever of it resembling a red panda in any way other than color...it's definitely more ursine than ailurine...so it's inspiration is still mostly giant panda with added traits that detract from its "panda-ness" hence the reason why fans want a "legit" panda pokemon...heck this "spot panda" might even be a made up animal...I mean zangoose is the "cat ferret pokemon" and we all know there's no animal called a cat ferret out there...but this might just be due to bad naming...heck a mongoose and a ferret aren't even that closely related...
    Last edited by XXD17; 20th May 2013 at 9:37 PM.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

I want a shiny necklace pokémon => fairy/rock
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

I kind of hope the Pokebeach rumours are true. I like the evolution ideas as well as the Pokemon concept. I kind of want a beckoning cat Pokemon that comes in multiple colors, like the statues. Maybe orange-pattern ones and gray-pattern ones can each be found 33 percent of the time, and the black ones are ultra rare, only 1 percent of them are black. Each one can have their shiny forms, and the black shinies effectively become the rarest Pokemon of all time.

I thought that maybe "Espurr" could be a beckoning cat, as the cat had the ability to predict the future.

Yea that's what I thought.
    Whoops, meant Steel and Poison weaknesses.
    Shoot, Poison types may not get that big of a boost if there are already alot of Steel types in OU to counter Fairy.
    But Poison being SE against Fairy would still be good for the type in general.
    Haha, well I hope you see the potential of ghost/fairy offensively aswell.

I want swordfish pokemon maybe water dark it could be an evolution of sharpedo

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post

I can hold my hands up and say I didn't know that about Misdreavus man, thanks for enlightening me with that I always just thought it was a random ghost based partially upon a Banshee because it learns Perish Song and stuff. Fairy would be good for it
    Yea, I recently found that out aswell, apparently it's color scheme was meant to reflect the color of decayed skin
    Glad you agreed about the fairy type for misdreavus though =)

Speaking of Fairy type combos, they should make Volbeat/Illumise evos that are Bug/Fairy.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

If the PokeBeach rumors are true, the rumored Eeveelution could very well be a Fighting type. The art style seems legit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Speaking of Fairy type combos, they should make Volbeat/Illumise evos that are Bug/Fairy.
    I really don't get why everyone wants Volbeat and Illumise and/or their evolutions to be Bug/Fairy-Type. I'd much rather Volbeat and Illumise remain pure Bug-Types, but one of them gets a Bug/Fire-Type evolution and the other gets a Bug/Electric-Type evolution. Both have been suggested for Fireflies before, so why not both?

Page 1193 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1931093114311831189119011911192119311941195119611971203124312932193 ... LastLast