Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Am I the only one that sees a definite French flare to most if not all the Pokemon of Gen 6 thus far? It's the first Gen in a while that the Pokemon look like the go with the region their based from.

It's interesting how people in the past complained about the idea of a new Butterfly Pokemon, said it would be too similar to the others, yet I love Vivillon's design, I think it's actually a good addition to the species like Butterfree, Venomoth, Beautifly, etc.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

I saw on a discovery show before a lobster/crustacean thing that launched boiling hot water from their claws. I wonder if Clauncher is somewhat based on them?

Previously Iota

Talonflame is definitely my favorite of these three new Pokemon. It looks so majestic and awesome.

Clauncher looks really cool as well. Skrelp doesn't really do anything for me.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    Am I the only one that sees a definite French flare to most if not all the Pokemon of Gen 6 thus far? It's the first Gen in a while that the Pokemon look like the go with the region their based from.

It's interesting how people in the past complained about the idea of a new Butterfly Pokemon, said it would be too similar to the others, yet I love Vivillon's design, I think it's actually a good addition to the species like Butterfree, Venomoth, Beautifly, etc.
    I don't see it, maybe Fennekin/Froakie but thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    I saw on a discovery show before a lobster/crustacean thing that launched boiling hot water from their claws. I wonder if Clauncher is somewhat based on them?
    Pistol Shrimp? That seems very likely. It's even known as the water gun pokemon.
    Knarly, dude!

Mothereffing mantis shrimp, you mean. And I certainly hope it lives up to the critter, considering.

I am glad some types appear to be getting some love, though obviously until we see the stats, nothing is certain. There has been a real dearth of fire and flying types the last few generations, so any correction of that situation is welcome. Frankly, we need everything but fighting types at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Charninja View Post
    Mothereffing mantis shrimp, you mean. And I certainly hope it lives up to the critter, considering.

I am glad some types appear to be getting some love, though obviously until we see the stats, nothing is certain. There has been a real dearth of fire and flying types the last few generations, so any correction of that situation is welcome. Frankly, we need everything but fighting types at this point...
    Err, judging by appearance, i'd say it more closely resembles Pistol Shrimp, which are also capable of producing loud noises and powerful 'bubble bombs'. Also, Clauncher appears to have asymmetrical claws, like Pistol Shrimp do in real life.
    Last edited by humilau; 12th June 2013 at 10:07 AM.
    Knarly, dude!

Really happy the fire types seem to be getting some love this gen as up until now we haven't really had any ... Clearly going to be a lot of water type pokemon dude to all the water in Kalos... I hope we get some game information next
    Formerly Raichu

#teamminaj #teamrihannanavy #teamrocket wait whut?

anythingandeverythingaccordingtome.blogspot.com

Even though it isn't Inkay, I'm liking Skrelp's concept! At first I thought it was a weak concept for it to be a seaweed-kelp Pokémon, but its description really appealed to me.
    Froakie, Helioptile, and Skrelp, you are my current team!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    Coro coro magazine proud to reveal all new never before seen mega evolutions of latios and latias (exclusive to japan)

Finally we may get a bird that stands up to or even surpasses the sheer awesomeness of Staraptor! Unfezant was a letdown, at least to me....Talonflame is the 2nd stage of Fletchling right? Could Fletchling be part of simply a 2 stage line, because a Talonflame Evolution would be just.....
    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92
    shiny Klefki has the hidden ability GTA where you can jack cabs in Luminose City and transport yourself to various areas without a fee.
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post
    I think Diancie is the regional mew not Hoopa. Hoopa is more like... Kami trio master or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    maybe it's a Pokemon and not a regional anything

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    How many dragons do you know are birds?
    If we're going by Pokemon... then two. Swablu and Altaria. The rest are pretty standard-looking flying lizards or leafy sea dragons.

"Cute" is terrible, it's not only non-defining for a type, a lot of different Pokémon fit in that compared to say 15, maybe 20 for fairy. We don't know much about the typing and the Pokémon in it, give it time first.
    True, "Cute" is a terrible name for a type, but no matter how you look at it, Marill and Jigglypuff aren't exactly fairy-like. They're just, well, spheres that evolve into rabbits. I can't think of a single logical reason for making them Fairy-type (and if the rumours are to be believed, all this new typing is going to do, is make them even more terrible- Wigglytuff, for example, will supposedly now be weak to Fighting, Steel and Poison. Yay?)

Just like having a special type for dragons are redundant because of Charizard right? Wait a minute...
    I'll give you that one. Charizard would make a good Fire/Dragon, but I have a feeling it's for balance reasons. Dragon Pokemon are almost always doubly-weak to Ice, probably because they'd be too powerful otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    If we're going by Pokemon... then two. Swablu and Altaria. The rest are pretty standard-looking flying lizards or leafy sea dragons.

True, "Cute" is a terrible name for a type, but no matter how you look at it, Marill and Jigglypuff aren't exactly fairy-like. They're just, well, spheres that evolve into rabbits. I can't think of a single logical reason for making them Fairy-type (and if the rumours are to be believed, all this new typing is going to do, is make them even more terrible- Wigglytuff, for example, will supposedly now be weak to Fighting, Steel and Poison. Yay?)

I'll give you that one. Charizard would make a good Fire/Dragon, but I have a feeling it's for balance reasons. Dragon Pokemon are almost always doubly-weak to Ice, probably because they'd be too powerful otherwise.
    Well, Fairy is a broad term, and usually they're depicted as beings of light, representing good (as in good vs. evil). Game Freak probably had thought through this a lot before putting it all out there, so whatever their reasons, it'll be implemented well.
    Knarly, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by humilau View Post
    Well, Fairy is a broad term, and usually they're depicted as beings of light, representing good (as in good vs. evil). Game Freak probably had thought through this a lot before putting it all out there, so whatever their reasons, it'll be implemented well.
    I don't know about "implemented well", but it'll be interesting to see what they do, at least.

I just wish they'd explain how "pink blob" equals "fairy".

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    *cough* trubbish *cough*
    I am glad we have got a Good Poison Type Pokemon in Gen 6..Gen 5 had barley any good Poison Pokemo so i am glad it is getting some love like Bug Pokemon in Gen 5

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

I like all of the designs.

Talonflame looks awesome, I'm getting used to it's name too.

Skrelp is growing on me. Some Pokémon just have to be ugly . Not all animals in reality are beautiful.

Clauncher looks great too. I saw someone say is looks to similar to Dwebble. I disagree. I don't like in general when people dislike a Poké because it's based on a similar species. For example there are multiple kinds of frogs or foxes in real life.

Noivern looks awesome, I'll have to make a choice between it and Talonflame. Probably depending on my starters choice as I'll be doing at least three playthroughs.

Vivillon looks nice and I like what they've done with the name. Curious as to it's secret in it's wings.

And strangely I'm hoping we won't get too much new Pokémon in Corocoro. Kinda weird to get this much info for me lol. Maybe some info on Mewtwo, I'd like that.

Excuse me but from Pokebeach i heard that there was another Pokemon revealed besides those 3..A Firey Lion Cub Pokemon..i am just wondering if there is any offical conformation for this
    Last edited by DCFan; 12th June 2013 at 10:44 AM.

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

just seen the rest of the news as its was taking too long on twitter last night so I went so sleep

I LOVE everything we got except I am not so keen on Horde battles but I will have to see the mechanics later maybe they will be rare like Shiny Pokemon I wonder if they will also include Shiny Pokémon.

I am also not very keen on the name 'Talonflame' seems like a bit of a lazy cop out!

Everything else is AWESOME!!! cant wait to see this new mechanic of seeing EV's/IV's easier

Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    I don't know about "implemented well", but it'll be interesting to see what they do, at least.

I just wish they'd explain how "pink blob" equals "fairy".
    Well, fairies are known to be enchanting and have magical singing voices.
    Knarly, dude!

I honestly do believe that Fletchling and Talonflame (damn, Flarrow is a far superior name. The Japanese really won out here) might end up being like Swellow or Wingull, a two-stage evolution line.

also I just noticed this on Pokebeach

Q - Can you import Pokemon from previous games?
    A - We are thinking of something. The DS and 3DS can't communicate, but we are working on it.

I wonder what they will come up with? if there is 5 months left before release shouldn't this have been worked out already?

I still think there is a reason the regional dex is so big and perhaps its because they currently don't have a way to transfer old Pokemon yet...

Noivern's name suggests that it is a Wyvern (making it a dragon type). It also looks like a bat though. Just as Garchomp was a dragon shark, Noivern will be a dragon bat?

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    Finally we may get a bird that stands up to or even surpasses the sheer awesomeness of Staraptor! Unfezant was a letdown, at least to me....Talonflame is the 2nd stage of Fletchling right? Could Fletchling be part of simply a 2 stage line, because a Talonflame Evolution would be just.....
    Yeah, don't see talonflame evolve again, maybe talonflame is third in line? Is it confirmed that fletchling is a 2 or 3 stage evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    just seen the rest of the news as its was taking too long on twitter last night so I went so sleep

I LOVE everything we got except I am not so keen on Horde battles but I will have to see the mechanics later maybe they will be rare like Shiny Pokemon I wonder if they will also include Shiny Pokémon.

I am also not very keen on the name 'Talonflame' seems like a bit of a lazy cop out!

Everything else is AWESOME!!! cant wait to see this new mechanic of seeing EV's/IV's easier
    Haha, I agree with you on Talonflame. I like the pokemon named for it, but...that's probably the laziest pokemon name since Seel. I think horde battles are truly badass, though, but sky battles just seem like a scenery change restricted to Flying/levitate pokes...hopefully, I'm wrong.

There are only two things that really have me confused. The first is why they insist on keeping Yvetal/Xerneas's types missing. Unless they have exclusive types or something (lol), what's the use of keeping them a secret now? I'm pretty sure Xerneas will be at least part Fairy.

And the second is a little more...troubling for me--how there may or may not be backwards compatibility with XY, guessing from Serebii's wording on how "they're working on it". Good God, please let there be backwards compatibility--we DO NOT NEED ANOTHER HOENN DROP-OFF. Do they really want to keep remaking old gens forever? (Though the idea of Kanto done in Gen 6's style, complete with Seveii Isles, does sound interesting....)
    Last edited by GatedSunOne; 12th June 2013 at 11:07 AM.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

Quote Originally Posted by Blesstoise View Post

Yeah, don't see talonflame evolve again, maybe talonflame is third in line? Is it confirmed that fletchling is a 2 or 3 stage evolution?
    In my honest opinion, I hope Talonflame does not evolve again. It might become something like Phoenixbeak or some other weak and in imaginative title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    Coro coro magazine proud to reveal all new never before seen mega evolutions of latios and latias (exclusive to japan)

Talonflame is officially my new favourite pokemon.
    Brave Bird!

Page 1378 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 3781278132813681374137513761377137813791380138113821388142814782378 ... LastLast