Page 142 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 42921321381391401411421431441451461521922421142 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Making it 6 generation Pokemon only wouldn't be a "mistake", wasn't when Black/White did it, wouldn't be any other time. Regardless, it was already stated in the Pokemon Direct video that old Pokemon would be present in the game, most likely meaning they will be in the Regional Dex.
    I stand corrected. It's not a mistake per definition, but in my opinion it is/was definitely a major disappointment. Probably because I value the older generation Pokémon a lot more.
    ...Bore me with you're legendary team; compliment me with your disconnect...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Grey View Post
    I stand corrected. It's not a mistake per definition, but in my opinion it is/was definitely a major disappointment. Probably because I value the older generation Pokémon a lot more.
    That was the whole intent. They wanted people to give the new Pokémon a decent shot rather than always fall back on the same classics over and over

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    That was the whole intent. They wanted people to give the new Pokémon a decent shot rather than always fall back on the same classics over and over
    Be that as it may, the fact that I disliked close to every new Pokémon they fed me made me quit playing and return to SoulSilver, only using White for wi-fi tourneys and what not.. Black2 however, total different ball game. Players were able to choose their own style, classic Pokemon or new Pokemon, maybe mix it up if one wants to. That really added to the 'feel' the game gave me. The only aspect I missed was the Pokemon following you while walking around, that was epic.
    ...Bore me with you're legendary team; compliment me with your disconnect...

COOL.jpg

The way how it evolves is kind of unusual. You have to trade medicine items to evolve it and they're mixed up. But, it's kind of cool in a way.

^ Yeah, interesting Fakemon imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    COOL.jpg

I've seen these, and I like them. They captured the style perfectly. If they were real, I wouldn't be surprised. I know they aren't, but they are so good looking.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    COOL.jpg

Wow, I might actually buy my very first Ice Heal if that happened.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    None of that reasoning made sense whatsoever! X-/
    definitely agree with BBtheASH...I am very confused on how you came to that conclusion

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

That's actually an original idea. I like that! But the fakemons? Not so much... ^^'
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

I hope they give Dugtrio and Jynx evolved forms; they should have in season 4.
    In the first gen, Diglett and Magnemite were the same in that they were the two Pokemon whose evolved forms were just trios of themselves grouped together. Dugtrio is just three Digletts merged together, while Magneton is just three Magnemites merged together, and that's what made those two evolution lines stand out. Then, in season 4 they made Magnezone, so now the Magnemite line became separate from the Diglett line. That really seems like a shame to me; I think they should give Dugtrio an evolution in the same style so once again those two evolution lines would be parallels of each other.
    As for Jynx, in the first gen Magmar, Electabuzz, and Jynx were all standalone Pokemon, in gen 2 they all got pre-evolutions, and in gen 4 Magmar and Electabuzz got evolved forms but left Jynx in the dust. I hope they end up letting Jynx catch back up to the Magmar and Electabuzz lines by giving it an evolution.

Also, one thing I would love to see is convergent evolution. Convergent evolution is when two distinct species that fill the same or similar niches in their own environments evolve into very similar-looking new species. A perfect example is the fossa from the island of Madagascar.

As you can see, it looks just like a species of jungle cat with a long tail, but in reality it is a species of mongoose. Over time, it has evolved to the point where it looks just like a cat because a feline shape is a very useful body type for a jungle predator, and because there are no cat species native to Madagascar.
    I think convergent evolution lines would be an interesting twist to Pokemon. All along we've had Pokemon that can evolve into different things, so how about one that evolves FROM a number of different things?
    Here's an example of a convergent evolution line:
    *First, you have a Water/Bug-type sea snail Pokemon.
    *Then, you have a small octopus Pokemon.
    *Lastly, you have a nautilus Pokemon that can evolve from either the sea snail or the octopus, and when you breed it you end up randomly getting either the sea snail or the octopus.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    I hope they give Dugtrio and Jynx evolved forms; they should have in season 4.
    In the first gen, Diglett and Magnemite were the same in that they were the two Pokemon whose evolved forms were just trios of themselves grouped together. Dugtrio is just three Digletts merged together, while Magneton is just three Magnemites merged together, and that's what made those two evolution lines stand out. Then, in season 4 they made Magnezone, so now the Magnemite line became separate from the Diglett line. That really seems like a shame to me; I think they should give Dugtrio an evolution in the same style so once again those two evolution lines would be parallels of each other.
    As for Jynx, in the first gen Magmar, Electabuzz, and Jynx were all standalone Pokemon, in gen 2 they all got pre-evolutions, and in gen 4 Magmar and Electabuzz got evolved forms but left Jynx in the dust. I hope they end up letting Jynx catch back up to the Magmar and Electabuzz lines by giving it an evolution.

Also, one thing I would love to see is convergent evolution. Convergent evolution is when two distinct species that fill the same or similar niches in their own environments evolve into very similar-looking new species. A perfect example is the fossa from the island of Madagascar.

As you can see, it looks just like a species of jungle cat with a long tail, but in reality it is a species of mongoose. Over time, it has evolved to the point where it looks just like a cat because a feline shape is a very useful body type for a jungle predator, and because there are no cat species native to Madagascar.
    I think convergent evolution lines would be an interesting twist to Pokemon. All along we've had Pokemon that can evolve into different things, so how about one that evolves FROM a number of different things?
    Here's an example of a convergent evolution line:
    *First, you have a Water/Bug-type sea snail Pokemon.
    *Then, you have a small octopus Pokemon.
    *Lastly, you have a nautilus Pokemon that can evolve from either the sea snail or the octopus, and when you breed it you end up randomly getting either the sea snail or the octopus.
    who I really want to evolve is Pinsir because he was originally supposed to be scyther's counter part and he got an evolution in gen 2...why not pinsir. Also I would also like to see Jynx and Emolga evolve

Ask me stupid stuff

Current wishlist...

1.) A Split evo for Onix. Something that deals with either its special defense. What ever happened.

2.) A Farfetch'd evo that makes it the first Fighting/Flying pokemon

3.) A Lapras prevo. Something dealing with Lapras's near extinction...

4.) An evo for one of the BEST regional birds: Noctowl

5.) Pinser evo that gives it the Scyther treatment.

6.) Qwilfish evo. Seriously, it was one of my favorite Water types, was EXTREMELY rare but was so much for useless than Tentacruel. Its also one of the most forgettable pokemon. Give the guy a break. And for that matter....

7.) Dunsparce. Dunsparce, Dunsparce, DUNSPARCE!!

8.) Tropius prevo AND evo. The guy looks like he should be deadly.

9.) A Kangaskhan prevo, evo and male off-shoot.

10.) A Psychic/Ghost....
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Grey View Post
    I have to admit, I like the legendary bird's design. Though the deer thingy, bnot so much.. I'm curious about the starting dex, will they make the mistake of making it 6gen only, or will they continue the brilliance of black2/white2's dex. Because I really liked that!
    No no no!
    I LOVE when there is only a regional Dex
    People would just use old favorites and never open up towards the new ones.
    And it might mean less new Pokemon, we don't want that now do we?

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

When will the next CoroCoro magazine is launching ?
    What about a Flying Type evolve form of female Eevee and a Ghost type male Eevee evolved form counterpart ?
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 3rd February 2013 at 8:44 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    No no no!
    I LOVE when there is only a regional Dex
    People would just use old favorites and never open up towards the new ones.
    And it might mean less new Pokemon, we don't want that now do we?
    I have to agree with you I was skeptacl at first about the new pokemon (like most people are every gen) but i loved it i got to try out new pokemon like zoroark (YES ZOROARK) serperior, galvantula, volcarona, and scrafty i loved. In pearl i used mostly older pokemon which is probably why i didn't appreciate the sinnoh as much as i could have but when i started the game a second time recently I used all sinnoh pokemon and i like 4th gen more now

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    When will the next CoroCoro magazine are launching ?
    Usually we get the first leaks around 11/12 of each month.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Usually we get the first leaks around 11/12 of each month.
    Sometimes it leaks around the 10th
    Very rarely, the 8th.

I expect fake scans to be bountiful next weekend, is what I"m saying.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Sometimes it leaks around the 10th
    Very rarely, the 8th.

I expect fake scans to be bountiful next weekend, is what I"m saying.
    I'm excited for fake scans. For whatever reason, I love seeing the fakes that people come up with. CoroCoro leaks always bring the most realistic fakes along with them.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.

Despite the Duskaman 'leak' being almost certainly fake, I would like to see a superhero inspired pokémon. I wouldn't mind seeing a legendary trio based on some superheroes. Actually, lets go for hero trio and villain trio, that way you could easily see a poison type legendary. I know someone else mentioned that comic companies might sue if there were pokemon based on characters, but they copy each other a lot of the time anyway (Green Lantern/Nova, Flash/Quicksilver, etc).

I'd rather see existing pika-clones developed further rather than have new ones. Especially Plusle and Minun, I'd give them different typings to make them more unique.

Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I'm excited for fake scans. For whatever reason, I love seeing the fakes that people come up with. CoroCoro leaks always bring the most realistic fakes along with them.
    I know like what i really like (even though i know they are fake) is these eeveelution picture: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A..._Se8t1FlhEcniS

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mudster View Post
    Despite the Duskaman 'leak' being almost certainly fake, I would like to see a superhero inspired pokémon. I wouldn't mind seeing a legendary trio based on some superheroes. Actually, lets go for hero trio and villain trio, that way you could easily see a poison type legendary. I know someone else mentioned that comic companies might sue if there were pokemon based on characters, but they copy each other a lot of the time anyway (Green Lantern/Nova, Flash/Quicksilver, etc).

I'd rather see existing pika-clones developed further rather than have new ones. Especially Plusle and Minun, I'd give them different typings to make them more unique.
    I want a Plusle/Minun evolution, or fusion or something like that. (Mostly so I could abuse eviolite)

Gen V I think gave a much needed improvement to the regional bugs lets hope that continues. Now the regional birds need something this gen I mean Unfezant was cool looking Imo but gen v was based on America why wasn't the bird a turkey lol. I want something with an unusual type dont know what though...

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    I know like what i really like (even though i know they are fake) is these eeveelution picture: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A..._Se8t1FlhEcniS
    here's a better look
    http://fantasticfakemon.tumblr.com/p...kemon-the-best
    i like these too
    http://fantasticfakemon.tumblr.com/p...ns-in-one-post

Quote Originally Posted by pachi-boy View Post
    The steel type eevee with the gear caller in the first link is amazing! I want it.

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Page 142 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 42921321381391401411421431441451461521922421142 ... LastLast