Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Arcanine is also extremely easy to knock out...

...I mean, it isn't a walk in the park, but it's not OU for a reason.
    Why i said it depends on stats. That's where it lies, if it has meh stats yeah what the hell give it levitate i would like to see it in sky battles. If it gets good stats then it may end up a lil op imo. I'm not really bothered anyway not a competitive battler

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Arcanine is also extremely easy to knock out...

...I mean, it isn't a walk in the park, but it's not OU for a reason.
    To be fair, it's more of a kamikaze fighter, but I tend to get 1-2 KOs with Arcanine before he's gone.

I like Arcanine, if you hadn't noticed hahaha.
    X FC: 0533-5528-5272

Friend Safari: Fighting, Pancham/Machoke/Riolu

RMT Trick Room Singles

I think we'll be seeing a lot of the older Pokemon getting new evolutions. It always happens with the even-number generations. I just hope that only a couple of these new evolutions will get the Fairy type. I think Fairy has the potential to be a really great addition, but I just don't want it to be overused throughout this gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    I saw it as its upper lip
    Same here. Its mouth, or upper lip. (:

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    That's different. No Pokemon that is evolved using a stone has an evolution.
    Which would make it that much more unique... You know what they say, "It hasn't happened yet, meaning more of a chance it will happen now."
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

I saw it as its upper lip
    Quote Originally Posted by BayBird View Post
    Same here. Its mouth, or upper lip. (:
    That's what I meant by having a beak

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    That's what I meant by having a beak
    Erm... When have lips ever been beaks? Not trying to be snobby whatsoever, I promise. Just curious how that's what you meant when beaks =/= lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Arcanine Trainer View Post
    To be fair, it's more of a kamikaze fighter, but I tend to get 1-2 KOs with Arcanine before he's gone.

I like Arcanine, if you hadn't noticed hahaha.
    Arcanine is one of my favorite Pokemon too haha don't get me wrong!! Lol, I was just saying that no one think that Arcanine is overpowered, even with that beautifully diverse movepool. The only reason I don't use Arcanine on my team is because my friend called "dibbs." -_-
    *sigh*
    That's why I'm so pumped for Shishiko! I finally have hope for another mountable giant quadruped beast who isn't a legendary! Luxray disappointed me when I found out how small it was...
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Quote Originally Posted by BayBird View Post
    Erm... When have lips ever been beaks? Not trying to be snobby whatsoever, I promise. Just curious how that's what you meant when beaks =/= lips.
    Because, to me at least, the lips were shaped like a bird's beak because they were triangular shape. I just couldn't think of the proper word at the moment and the first thing that came to mind

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveemaster View Post
    ^ Drifloon is balloon is it not?
    Yeah, but he meant a balloon animal not a haunted blimp :P
    I could see it being flying/normal, just flying or even flying/electric (or maybe something else depending on what kind of animal it would be based on)
    It would definitely have the ability static though.

I'd really like to see a sea slug with some kind of typing depending on their inspiration with it. Water/bug, water/grass, water/ground. It'd be pretty neat to have, and it could be dive exclusive if dive exists or even just be found in the shallows of water (hopefully the water has some kind of lead in, not just an edge then water now that we've got such a graphically beautiful world) which would be a cool way to get some semi-aquatic pokemon.

Arcanine is one of my favorite Pokemon too haha don't get me wrong!! Lol, I was just saying that no one think that Arcanine is overpowered, even with that beautifully diverse movepool. The only reason I don't use Arcanine on my team is because my friend called "dibbs." -_-
    *sigh*
    That's why I'm so pumped for Shishiko! I finally have hope for another mountable giant quadruped beast who isn't a legendary! Luxray disappointed me when I found out how small it was...
    I don't know how you and your friend do things but you can still use one, it's not like arcanine is the only one of it's species
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveVacante View Post
    I think we'll be seeing a lot of the older Pokemon getting new evolutions. It always happens with the even-number generations. I just hope that only a couple of these new evolutions will get the Fairy type. I think Fairy has the potential to be a really great addition
    Good point. Assuming that we get evolutions from previous pokes, I'm more inclined to think that we'll get more new pre-evos for existing pokemon like Dunsparce with the Fairy-type (distincting Fairies as 'small', thus the pre-evo idea). But for the most part, I'm thinking we'll get type changes above all else, with a decent 10-15 new pokemon that are Fairy types at the least.

but I just don't want it to be overused throughout this gen.
    I wouldn't say Fairy would steal the spotlight completely as it does now. Of course, we're having new Dragon-types with some chances of getting a secondary typing we haven't had before (just a guess). But Fairy balances Dragon, as stated at the E3 roundtable, so I think Fairy won't be too popularized, but still popular nevertheless.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Because, to me at least, the lips were shaped like a bird's beak because they were triangular shape. I just couldn't think of the proper word at the moment and the first thing that came to mind
    I understand haha. You recognized it as a mouth and not a nose. Forget the beak/lips stuff. We both think it's a mouth. (:

I don't know how you and your friend do things but you can still use one, it's not like arcanine is the only one of it's species
    Lol, we have this thing where we don't like having the same Pokemon. It adds diversity to our teams because we have similar tastes in Pokemon. (sometimes)

Edit: Anyone else think that Furabebe's english name will be some form of "Flowerbaby?"
    Last edited by Tickle Me Cooper; 14th June 2013 at 2:04 AM.
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Pikachu I think does fit pretty accurately for the Fairy type, but I can't see them changing the mascot of the entire franchise now. It wouldn't make sense.

Imagine the anime (even though they aren't related really),

Ash: What?! Pikachu was part Fairy all along?!
    Pikachu walks out covered in ribbons and bow ties.

I kinda like the idea of giving him an alternate evolution that's party Fairy however.

Like, it'd be the choice to evolve Pikachu into Raichu all over again. Except I think its finally time Ash evolves him.
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    Pikachu I think does fit pretty accurately for the Fairy type, but I can't see them changing the mascot of the entire franchise now. It wouldn't make sense.

I kinda like the idea of giving him an alternate evolution that's party Fairy however.

Like, it'd be the choice to evolve Pikachu into Raichu all over again. Except I think its finally time Ash evolves him.
    I think pikachu would evolve whenever they chose to pass over the anime's main character Torch, a bit off topic but I'd like to see Jimmy (the guy from pokemon chronicles) as the new anime main character.

I think pikachu would evolve whenever they chose to pass over the anime's main character Torch, a bit off topic but I'd like to see Jimmy (the guy from pokemon chronicles) as the new anime main character.
    Please NOOOO. If Ash gets replace in the Pokémon anime then its kinda like giving Pikachu a Fairy type. Should not happen.
    Mega Masquerain[Bug/Water]with Prankster

[70/20/92/120/122/90]

That's it I'm demanding Freeze Dry Masquerain

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveemaster View Post
    Please NOOOO. If Ash gets replace in the Pokémon anime then its kinda like giving Pikachu a Fairy type. Should not happen.
    Other franchises have done it/ considered doing it. It probably wouldn't happen anyways. But I'd atleast like another spinoff series without Ash

Not to be rude, but Ash and Pikachu have been fairies together all along.

I do foresee Pikachu getting access to Fairy-type moves though. As I stated in the other forum, Light screen and a ton of other status moves will most likely be retconned to Fairy-type since they fit the type more appropriately. Moon Beam, or whatever, will obviously be in the Fairy egg group, so passing it on through Pichu to Pikachu would be most fitting, don't you think? But not a type change. Pikachu's too cemented in marketability to change that drastically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post

I do foresee Pikachu getting access to Fairy-type moves though. As I stated in the other forum, Light screen and a ton of other status moves will most likely be retconned to Fairy-type since they fit the type more appropriately. Moon Beam, or whatever, will obviously be in the Fairy egg group, so passing it on through Pichu to Pikachu would be most fitting, don't you think? But not a type change. Pikachu's too cemented in marketability to change that drastically.
    I agree with you. If Pikachu doesn't get the Fairy type, I think a Fairy type move will replace Electro ball.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

I just came here that I imagine Furabebe evolving into a nice elf. Something like "A Midsummer Night's Dream" Oberon.

Just that. Thanks for your procrastination time.

Raichu can change though right?

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    Raichu can change though right?
    It's up to the poke company, If they want, the whole pika line could become part fairy. People would complain at first but after a month or so they wouldn't even care. I don't think any of the chus will become part fairy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    Yes, yes they have.

On topic though...

I hated Skrelp when I first looked at it, but its growing on me. I love both Clauncher and him now. The designs thus far have been very pleasing. It depends on what they evolve into. These initial Pokemon have motivated me to get a 3DS so I can play these games. (Even though I also got it to play the new Fire Emblem and Ocarina of time as well).

EDIT: Something else I just thought of. What are your guy's thoughts on what the region's fossils will be?
    Last edited by The Flash; 14th June 2013 at 3:34 AM.
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

EDIT: Something else I just thought of. What are your guy's thoughts on what the region's fossils will be?
    Assuming there will be two, I'd love to see a Velociraptor and a Lambeosaurus Or an Ankylosaurus and a Stegosaurus

Page 1425 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 4251325137514151421142214231424142514261427142814291435147515252425 ... LastLast