Page 143 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 43931331391401411421431441451461471531932431143 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    I hope they give Dugtrio and Jynx evolved forms; they should have in season 4.
    In the first gen, Diglett and Magnemite were the same in that they were the two Pokemon whose evolved forms were just trios of themselves grouped together. Dugtrio is just three Digletts merged together, while Magneton is just three Magnemites merged together, and that's what made those two evolution lines stand out. Then, in season 4 they made Magnezone, so now the Magnemite line became separate from the Diglett line. That really seems like a shame to me; I think they should give Dugtrio an evolution in the same style so once again those two evolution lines would be parallels of each other.
    As for Jynx, in the first gen Magmar, Electabuzz, and Jynx were all standalone Pokemon, in gen 2 they all got pre-evolutions, and in gen 4 Magmar and Electabuzz got evolved forms but left Jynx in the dust. I hope they end up letting Jynx catch back up to the Magmar and Electabuzz lines by giving it an evolution.

Also, one thing I would love to see is convergent evolution. Convergent evolution is when two distinct species that fill the same or similar niches in their own environments evolve into very similar-looking new species. A perfect example is the fossa from the island of Madagascar.

As you can see, it looks just like a species of jungle cat with a long tail, but in reality it is a species of mongoose. Over time, it has evolved to the point where it looks just like a cat because a feline shape is a very useful body type for a jungle predator, and because there are no cat species native to Madagascar.
    I think convergent evolution lines would be an interesting twist to Pokemon. All along we've had Pokemon that can evolve into different things, so how about one that evolves FROM a number of different things?
    Here's an example of a convergent evolution line:
    *First, you have a Water/Bug-type sea snail Pokemon.
    *Then, you have a small octopus Pokemon.
    *Lastly, you have a nautilus Pokemon that can evolve from either the sea snail or the octopus, and when you breed it you end up randomly getting either the sea snail or the octopus.

I totally agree with you that dugtrio and jynx should both have evolutions. Maybe dugtrio will get one but Jynx will probably remain unchanged for the rest of time in my opinion because of the whole racism issues that came up back in the day. If anything gf wants to stay as far away as public controversy as they can since a lot of their revenue depends on parents who buy stuff for their kids.
    "I swear to God when I evolve I'm going to kill you all" - Magikarp
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

I've seen the first link's fakes, loved them, but they would loom better in Sugimori Style.

A Dugtrio evolution would be insanely fast.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I want a Plusle/Minun evolution, or fusion or something like that. (Mostly so I could abuse eviolite)
    That could be a great example of my Convergent Evolution idea, where there's a Pokemon that either one of those can evolve into. Here's a few pairs of currently existing Pokemon I think would be good candidates for convergent evolution:
    *Solrock and Lunatone
    *Plusle and Minun
    *Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour (I wish they had named it Pansoak, because then it would fit with the others by having the second syllable start with an 's')
    *Sawk and Throh

I just thought of the ultimate example of a Convergent Evolution: A Normal-type evolution of all Eeveelutions. I'm thinking they could call it something like Divineon, and let it learn powerful attacks from all different Eeveelutions (including some that would vary based on just which Eeveelution you evolve into it). It seems like something that would be really fun to try to make a design for, because it would have traits from all different Eeveelutions. Like, it could have the gem in its forehead like Espeon, the frill around its face like Vaporeon, the ears of Glaceon, and stuff like that (all recolored to fit the dominant color of the Pokemon, as opposed to staying as mismatched color patterns).
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Hhmm I wonder if Dugtrio got an evo would we finally get to see what all of it looks like?
    That could be a great example of my Convergent Evolution idea, where there's a Pokemon that either one of those can evolve into. Here's a few pairs of currently existing Pokemon I think would be good candidates for convergent evolution:
    *Solrock and Lunatone
    *Plusle and Minun
    *Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour (I wish they had named it Pansoak, because then it would fit with the others by having the second syllable start with an 's')
    *Sawk and Throh

I just thought of the ultimate example of a Convergent Evolution: A Normal-type evolution of all Eeveelutions. I'm thinking they could call it something like Divineon, and let it learn powerful attacks from all different Eeveelutions (including some that would vary based on just which Eeveelution you evolve into it). It seems like something that would be really fun to try to make a design for, because it would have traits from all different Eeveelutions. Like, it could have the gem in its forehead like Espeon, the frill around its face like Vaporeon, the ears of Glaceon, and stuff like that (all recolored to fit the dominant color of the Pokemon, as opposed to staying as mismatched color patterns).
    and with the convergent evo idea for solrock and lunatone would the stats depend on which one you evolved (solrock/physical stats lunatone/special)?
    Last edited by Avi604; 3rd February 2013 at 9:47 PM.

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Avi604 View Post
    Hhmm I wonder if Dugtrio got an evo would we finally get to see what all of it looks like?
    I don't know. Some things in the Pokemon world should be left a secret. Well, that's only me.

NO. Don't even...

Probably something like this:

(I know it's Diglett and not Dugtrio, but the only Dugtrio one I saw had them making out)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

I think the next Pokemon to be revealed are the regional bird, a black spider, an ox, an apple, an umbrella, and a car.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    I think the next Pokemon to be revealed are the regional bird, a black spider, an ox, an apple, an umbrella, and a car.
    Is it weird that I'm intrigued by the idea of an apple and an umbrella Pokemon?
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by pachi-boy View Post
    The second are fantastif !
    But why is the coolest a light type..? :'(
    I definitely love Runeon, but the Light type...
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    The second are fantastif !
    But why is the coolest a light type..? :'(
    I definitely love Runeon, but the Light type...
    You're right about that. They're amazing looking. I'm sure there's going to be a new Eeveelution this Generation and I hope they're awesome looking like those Fakemons.

Probably something like this:

(I know it's Diglett and not Dugtrio, but the only Dugtrio one I saw had them making out)
    Lmao yeah it's best you used the Diglett one then.

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

All eeveelutions have simple, yet elegant and top-notch designs. I believe they will do their best this time too, if there's going to be new ones. At least, I hope it.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    You're right about that. They're amazing looking. I'm sure there's going to be a new Eeveelution this Generation and I hope they're awesome looking like those Fakemons.
    For sure, if there's new eeveelutions, we will all enjoy them. Who dislike eeveelution by the way ? :P
    But, those one are incredible, I would be sooooo disappointed if they don't create some of them... hu
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    For sure, if there's new eeveelutions, we will all enjoy them. Who dislike eeveelution by the way ? :P
    But, those one are incredible, I would be sooooo disappointed if they don't create some of them... hu
    There's actually people who call them overrated. But, I can't blame them, next to Starters, some Legendary and popular Pokemon. Eeveelutions get a lot of love.

*Solrock and Lunatone
    *Plusle and Minun
    *Sawk and Throh

Well, that evolution kind of"exist" in the game.
    Shellder + Slowpoke = Slowbro / Slowking (Well, at least that's what the pokedex says)

*Solrock and Lunatone
    *Plusle and Minun
    *Sawk and Throh
    It would be good it we could... do an egg with them, and than, when it hatches, both pokemon were mixed.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    Is it weird that I'm intrigued by the idea of an apple and an umbrella Pokemon?
    No,
    i find those intriguing as well :P

The umbrella could be a water/flying type.

although its almost guaranteed to receive tons of hate
    Last edited by Exeggudork; 3rd February 2013 at 11:16 PM.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I'm expecting oddities this generation just like the past generations. Meaning Pokemon like Trubbish and Pineco, whom are two oddballs that I love a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post
    Well, that evolution kind of"exist" in the game.
    Shellder + Slowpoke = Slowbro / Slowking (Well, at least that's what the pokedex says)
    That's not the same. For one thing, you can't even do that in the game; if you want a Slowbro or Slowking the only way to get one is to evolve a Slowpoke. For it to be Convergent Evolution it would have to be possible to evolve Shellder into either Slowbro or Slowking. Convergent evolution isn't the same thing as fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    No,
    i find those intriguing as well :P

The umbrella could be a water/flying type.

although its almost guaranteed to receive tons of hate
    I'm pretty sure if they did an umbrella pokemon it would be based on a Kasa-Obake and would be a ghost type http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasa-obake

I'd like something similar to this http://www.google.com/imgres?q=umbre...0&tx=98&ty=126
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/29w0sad.jpg[/IMG]
    Hopes for Megas

[IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/2u4iudy.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by applemania View Post
    I'm pretty sure if they did an umbrella pokemon it would be based on a Kasa-Obake and would be a ghost type http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasa-obake

I'd like something similar to this http://www.google.com/imgres?q=umbre...0&tx=98&ty=126
    God, it's creepy o_ô.
    When you share the umbrella idea, I wasn't thinking of that at all. God, I'm shivering...
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

*Solrock and Lunatone
    *Plusle and Minun
    *Sawk and Throh

Interest evolution ideas. However the normal idea for Eevee you have is debatable. Interesting concept, but it doesn't work for me. That fakemon of the normal evolution works out very well. Like someone said they are usually simple
    White FC: 026097666713

Black 2 FC:219464649535

Pokemon X FC: 1435 4420 0503

Quote Originally Posted by applemania View Post

I see a Weather Pokemon like castform.

Page 143 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 43931331391401411421431441451461471531932431143 ... LastLast