Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I want a ice/fairy.
    that sounds pretty good and it would probably be the ultimate dragon counter.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I hope litleo and helioptile keep there Normal type and there is a ghost gym.
    That would be pretty awesome, actually.
    3DS Friend Code: 5171-9608-5466 (PM when you add me)
    Safari: :689: (Barbacle)

Spoiler:- Haves:

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    or replacing the type.
    Seriously guys, make up your mind do you want new type combinations or not? sheesh
    Whoa, hold up. I do want new type combos and LOVE that Helioptile and Litleo are Normal and I hope they keep Normal. But if Helioptile was to become Electric/Dragon....WHY not just have it Electric and gain Dragon later like SO MANY OTHER POKEMON

Also guys, just coz Helioptile is a lizard, does not mean it HAS to become a Dragon, I'm pretty sure it could stay as a lizard and it wouldn't be a waste of potential.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

That would be the easiest gym ever if you had helioptile and litleo.

Best Legendarys.

The original fire starters. please challenge me FC:2108-9433-6376

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Whoa, hold up. I do want new type combos and LOVE that Helioptile and Litleo are Normal and I hope they keep Normal. But if Helioptile was to become Electric/Dragon....WHY not just have it Electric and gain Dragon later like SO MANY OTHER POKEMON

Also guys, just coz Helioptile is a lizard, does not mean it HAS to become a Dragon, I'm pretty sure it could stay as a lizard and it wouldn't be a waste of potential.
    That last part was targeted towards everyone else lol not you. I know you want them to have their typing.
    And I agree if they made every lizard part dragon, that would get boring fast.

That would be the easiest gym ever if you had helioptile and litleo.
    What if the gym leader had a Golett and a Frillish?

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    What if the gym leader had a Golett and a Frillish?
    Thank You. Guys, type advantage really isn't everything.

or replacing the type.
    Seriously guys, make up your mind do you want new type combinations or not? sheesh
    Yes, yes we do. YAH NEW COMBOS now where is my Bug/Ice, Dark/Psychic, Psychic/Ghost, Ice/Fire, Electric/Dark, Electric/Ice, Flying/Fighting, Fighting/Ghost, Grass/Ghost, Dragon/Grass, Fighting/Dragon, Water/Fire, Electric/Fire, Electric/Rock, Fire/Grass, Electric/Psychic, Normal/Ghost, Dragon/Rock, Dragon/Poison, Poison/Rock, Poison/Ice, Ice/Steel, Steel/Ghost pokemon Le' me at 'em, le' me at 'em! where?.... oh, wait... oh- secondary Normal type pokemon, well that is....erm... how can I put it...boring and contradictory =| Part normals are nice, but SECONDARY normal? and people are saying it is a PLACEHOLDER???

You always bring this one up man :P the thing we are squabbling about is the sheer anomolousness of THOSE typings, where Normal is secondary, because it contradicts the internal and external logic of pokemon! I 'm not going to explain why, as I have done already, more than once- but don't say these are the exciting new combos everyone has been waiting for, because I don't think anyone has been waiting for them =|
    Last edited by storm12; 21st June 2013 at 5:50 PM.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Yes, yes we do. YAH NEW COMBOS now where is my Bug/Ice, Dark/Psychic, Psychic/Ghost, Ice/Fire, Grass/ Electric/Dark, Electric/Ice, Flying/Fighting, Fighting/Ghost, Grass/Ghost, Dragon/Grass, Fighting/Dragon, Water/Fire, Electric/Fire, Electric/Rock, Fire/Grass, Electric/Psychic, Normal/Ghost, Dragon/Rock, Dragon/Poison, Poison/Rock, Poison/Ice, Ice/Steel, Steel/Ghost pokemon Le' me at 'em, le' me at 'em! where?.... oh, wait... oh- secondary Normal type pokemon, well that is....erm... how can I put it...boring and contradictory =|

You always bring this one up man :P the thing we are squabbling about is the sheer anomolousness of THOSE typings, where Normal is secondary, because it contradicts the internal and external logic of pokemon! I 'm not going to explain why, as I have done already, more than once- but don't say these are the exciting new combos everyone has been waiting for, because I don't think anyone has been waiting for them =|
    I don't care about the people that question it, although to them I would say just wait for their evos, and maybe we will find out then.
    I am just referring to the people that are like "Let's make Helioptile a Dragon cuz he's a reptile herp derp"

I don't care about the people that question it, although to them I would say just wait for their evos, and maybe we will find out then.
    I am just referring to the people that are like "Let's make Helioptile a Dragon cuz he's a reptile herp derp"
    Well yeah =P if there is something legitimate about it's evos than fair enough- but if it was just going to shed the Normal typing for something else, then what was it's purpose at all? WEll, Helioptile doesn't look very 'dragonish' though it could end up in that egg group. We have no idea where they are going to take Helioptile though- so a draconic route could be it, even if it doesn't get the typing. Or it will probably be more dinosaurish I can imagine, but perhaps that is what people have meant by 'dragon' anyway, instead of say- Salamence or Dragonite :P
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

I agree that the logic of pokemon just becoming a bigger animal is a bit pointless...
    Every cat should evolve into a tiger and THEN that should evolve in a LION.....NO!

Helioptile might become a dragon, or he may stay as a derpy lizard with a bit more detail or he may evolve into a spaceship and eat his trainer :P

I hope that Helioptile just stays like a lizard. Kinda like Sceptile ya know? And I don't think it would just shed it's normal typing, otherwise, like you said, what would the point of it had been?
    We will just have to wait and see, as the evo may hold the key to figuring it out

Helioptile kinda reminds me of desert lizards like in Egypt (they have them right?), so maybe it will evolve into something Egyptian-like heliophile mix (keeping the typing of course).

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Helioptile kinda reminds me of desert lizards like in Egypt (they have them right?), so maybe it will evolve into something Egyptian-like heliophile mix (keeping the typing of course).
    Well, you aren't too far off. Frill Lizards tend to be from Australia or southern New Guinea (this one seems to be based on the Australian Frill Lizards)

Well, you aren't too far off. Frill Lizards tend to be from Australia or southern New Guinea (this one seems to be based on the Australian Frill Lizards)
    He was probably thinking more along the lines of the Egyptian Dab Lizard: http://images.northrup.org/picture/x...-on-branch.jpg
    3DS Friend Code: 5171-9608-5466 (PM when you add me)
    Safari: :689: (Barbacle)

Spoiler:- Haves:

*inb4ice/normaltypesmallpokemon*

Well there's the fire/ice/electric combo and we've got litleo and helioptile, where is my ice/normal type?

Quote Originally Posted by Mewthree Gene View Post

Well there's the fire/ice/electric combo and we've got litleo and helioptile, where is my ice/normal type?
    Stop seeing patterns in everything, it might not even happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewthree Gene View Post

They could be more like Magmar and Electabuzz- if Litleo and Helioptile are counterparts at all. Though maybe Jynx will get an evo this gen which would make it more like a trio with them, which it wasn't ever really properly as they had different stat totals I believe- so maybe it they could become a trio
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

I don't know about you guys but I want a ice/fairy.
    yeah that would be cool combination, a true dragon slayer

Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    yeah that would be cool combination, a true dragon slayer
    It could be very powerful too- like the spirit of Winter itself- a Legend even :O a kind of Jack Frost like character, though perhaps it could be like the White Witch from Narnia :O
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

It could be very powerful too- like the spirit of Winter itself- a Legend even :O a kind of Jack Frost like character, though perhaps it could be like the White Witch from Narnia :O
    Or a jynx like totaly unplayable with hideous stats or special movepool on a physical attacker. But I will like all fairy type pokemon because I like what I don't know.
    Kiss from Kalos, or maybe France

X team:
    Jiraya the frog (Froakie)
    Zuul the t-rex (Tyrunt)
    Caliburn the sword (Honedge)
    Isu the fairy (flabebe)

Quote Originally Posted by Scipion View Post
    Or a jynx like totaly unplayable with hideous stats or special movepool on a physical attacker. But I will like all fairy type pokemon because I like what I don't know.
    Whoa man, the pessimism here makes me wince :S

Fairy type is new and exciting, so I think the rose tinted lens is a natural reaction- I doubt EVERY Fairy is going to be a major threat- but then again, Fairy/Ice will certainly be a much anticipated combination as an anti-Dragon threat. Gamefreak will know this, so I think they would be major trolls to present that type as a subpar pokemon statwise. It could be incredibly frail- but it seems like it could potentially have a strong Special Attack/Defense.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Whoa man, the pessimism here makes me wince :S

Fairy type is new and exciting, so I think the rose tinted lens is a natural reaction- I doubt EVERY Fairy is going to be a major threat- but then again, Fairy/Ice will certainly be a much anticipated combination as an anti-Dragon threat. Gamefreak will know this, so I think they would be major trolls to present that type as a subpar pokemon statwise. It could be incredibly frail- but it seems like it could potentially have a strong Special Attack/Defense.
    Sorry, I'm from french forums and I was shoked to not seeing the "killer mood role" here so I take it. I'm not acustomed to... mature and logical discussion on pokemon, that's not like that where I was before XD.

To not flood: is anyone than me think that there will be either two or no "semi legendary" at all with the new type?

X team:
    Zuul the t-rex (Tyrunt)
    Isu the fairy (flabebe)

Quote Originally Posted by Scipion View Post
    Sorry, I'm from french forums and I was shoked to not seeing the "killer mood role" here so I take it. I'm not acustomed to... mature and logical discussion on pokemon, that's not like that where I was before XD.

To not flood: is anyone than me think that there will be either two or no "semi legendary" at all with the new type?
    Ah right well I am kind of maturity and inmaturity rolled into one :P I'm more like 30 and 10 than a 20 year old. So I am prone to attempt logical, mature discussion and sometimes end up talking about Ash's underpants :P

You mean like Metagross and Dragonite? Yup, I think a part Fairy pseudo-legend would be very nice as a kind of show of good faith in the type- we had Tyranitar in gen II and then Metagross in gen III- if anything I just hope there isn't a Dragon type one this time!
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Ah right well I am kind of maturity and inmaturity rolled into one :P I'm more like 30 and 10 than a 20 year old. So I am prone to attempt logical, mature discussion and sometimes end up talking about Ash's underpants :P

You mean like Metagross and Dragonite? Yup, I think a part Fairy pseudo-legend would be very nice as a kind of show of good faith in the type- we had Tyranitar in gen II and then Metagross in gen III- if anything I just hope there isn't a Dragon type one this time!
    Yup, I was talking like them. But I think a dragon-part AND a fairy-part would be good. Like that the dragon's fans would find what they want and that will mark the oposition of the two types.

X team:
    Zuul the t-rex (Tyrunt)
    Isu the fairy (flabebe)

Page 1487 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 4871387143714771483148414851486148714881489149014911497153715872487 ... LastLast