Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    And that means they will obviously not delve into making senses a type. Seriously, can people just get over it?
    Sound is one of the worst speculated types, lacks variety, limits the Pokemon they can make for it, and the type matchups wouldn't even make sense.
    Fairy on the otherhand has matchups that makes sense, leaves room for creativity, and so on
    It would have an awesome array of advantages, but lacking in resistances. That's what's hard about it. For example, I could see it being useful against Water, Steel, Rock, Ice, Ground, and Electric types, but poor against Flying, Ghost, and Grass types. As for resistances, probably none. Weakness would have to be limited to just Sound moves. Here's my reasoning...

- Water/Rock/Steel/Ground/Ice would all be under states of matter which sound transfers trough rapidly and at a large lengths (periodicity). Factor in oscillation frequency, and you have a really destructive force. Unfortunately/fortunately, irl sound just doesn't have the potential to deal this much damage to these associated types, sans maybe Ice due to avalanching. You would need a much stronger force for these things to fail under oscillation potential, i.e. wind gusts, earthquakes, etc. But in the world of video games where lizards breathe fire, and Anubis is made out of Steel, sound would kill!
    - Electric-types would be hit super effectively due to sound on the line causing massive disturbance in electrical potential. Noisy electricity is notorious for causing machines to behave erratically, and causing disruption in general.
    - Since Flying-types are associated with "air", sound travels mediocrely through air since the particles are further apart than they would in a solid or liquid. This is also the reasoning for Ghost-types; they're lacking in material and therefor wouldn't be affected as much by Sound (so far this is pretty true via normal sound-based moves like Hyper Voice, Round, etc.). Forests are places of trees, which provide obstruction to sounds and also plants have roots to dissipate the energy of sound, so Grass-types would be resistant to sound-moves.
    - Sound waves cancel out other sound waves when played at inverted frequencies (the relationship of sound and noise cancelling), and is the only thing I can think of that would be super effective against the Sound-type. I know that's unbalanced, but then again, what would sound types be immune to or even resist? Probably nothing. So you really just have an offensive type like Ice that has fewer resistances to than advantages for.

Your thoughts.
    Last edited by Victreebong; 27th June 2013 at 5:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Just a reminder for future posts...

Please do your best to refrain from posting Fakemon.
    We know that it is sometimes better to show ideas and concepts rather than explaining things with words, but Fakemon are still fan art.

This applies to every XY thread. Thanks.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I want a Fighting/Flying crane mixed with a harpy[not the eagle]
    Quote Originally Posted by FierceDeity1
    I also want a Flying/Fighting martial artist ostrich
    Version Exclusives anyone? Which Fighting/Flying Bird should go into which Version?

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Viper: Poison/Fighting

Mantis: Bug/Fighting

Tigress: Fighting/Fire (random, just cool :P)

Crane: Flying/Fighting

Monkey: Fighting/Ground (Kinda random too)

Pancham's evo: Fighting/Dark (he's naughty and tricky ;] )
    Can't we wait until there's a China-based region for this to happen? Perhaps Pancham and another of the fighters get introduced this gen, another two are introduced into the next non-Chinese generation, and then the generation following will have the final two to get the Members of the Kung Fu Panda crew (never actually saw the movie and I'm part Chinese -_-)

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    It would have an awesome array of advantages, but lacking in resistances. That's what's hard about it. For example, I could see it being useful against Water, Steel, Rock, Ice, Ground, and Electric types, but poor against Flying, Ghost, and Grass types. As for resistances, probably none. Weakness would have to be limited to just Sound moves. Here's my reasoning...

- Water/Rock/Steel/Ground/Ice would all be under states of matter which sound transfers trough rapidly and at a large lengths (periodicity). Factor in oscillation frequency, and you have a really destructive force. Unfortunately/fortunately, sound just doesn't have the potential to deal this much damage to these associated types, sans maybe Ice due to avalanching. You would need a much stronger force for these things to fail under oscillation potential, i.e. wind gusts, earthquakes, etc. But in the world of video games where lizards breathe fire, and Anubis is made out of Steel, sound would kill!
    - Electric-types would be hit super effectively due to sound on the line causing massive disturbance in electrical potential. Noisy electricity is notorious for causing machines to behave erratically, and causing disruption in general.
    - Since Flying-types are associated with "air", sound travels mediocrely through air since the particles are further apart than they would in a solid or liquid. This is also the reasoning for Ghost-types; they're lacking in material and therefor wouldn't be affected as much by Sound (so far this is pretty true via normal sound-based moves like Hyper Voice, Round, etc.). Forests are places of trees, which provide obstruction to sounds and also plants have roots to dissipate the energy of sound, so Grass-types would be resistant to sound-moves.
    - Sound waves cancel out other sound waves when played at inverted frequencies (the relationship of sound and noise cancelling), and is the only thing I can think of that would be super effective against the Sound-type. I know that's unbalanced, but then again, what would sound types be immune to or even resist? Probably nothing. So you really just have an offensive type like Ice that has fewer resistances to than advantages for.

Your thoughts?
    *bows down*
    Thou art a genius and wizard of the highest order! (Forgot which show that was from)
    This explanation actually makes sense. It's too bad that Sound is quite specifically logical and GameFreak haven't followed specific type matchups (i.e. Ice- turning to Water when hit by Fire and thus weakening fire).
    Sound would be like Ground but overpowered because it has six types it is SE against whereas Ground has five types SE against.

Seriously, Yveltal96, please consider certain possibilities.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

The only reason GF would introduce another new type would be if the meta game becomes unbalanced again. Fairy was only introduced to balance out Dragon type. Yes they could have made it sound, magic, cosmic or other type that fans have speculated but they went fairy because it made the most sense in regards to the pokemon already in existence and the pokemon they wanted to introduce later on. If they find the meta game unbalanced again they will introduce another type that makes sense to counter the current unbalanced type.
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Has anyone ever wondered that its not the type that makes the metagame unbalanced, but the pokemon themselves? i think dragon type is OP because there are sooooo many dragon pokemon, and they are also very strong. why could't they have countered it by making more ice types that have great type combos that can take down the said dragon type? not just good type combos but good stats as well so they can hold their own against other types as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pika-drew View Post
    Has anyone ever wondered that its not the type that makes the metagame unbalanced, but the pokemon themselves? i think dragon type is OP because there are sooooo many dragon pokemon, and they are also very strong. why could't they have countered it by making more ice types that have great type combos that can take down the said dragon type? not just good type combos but good stats as well so they can hold their own against other types as well.
    I wouldn't say that there's a lot of them.
    Just that the majority of existing ones are either legendary or pseudo legendaries. But yes, I agree for the most part, as it is movepool and abilities and stats that make the Pokemon, and pseudo legends have a 600 BST

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    I wouldn't say that there's a lot of them.
    Just that the majority of existing ones are either legendary or pseudo legendaries. But yes, I agree for the most part, as it is movepool and abilities and stats that make the Pokemon, and pseudo legends have a 600 BST
    Well, a Steel/Ice type with a 600 BST would be a Good dragon threat to all of those who don't know good fire or fighting moves.
    Fairy seems to be an exception, because Ice can be put out by even non-STAB Fire moves sent by Dragons.
    Dragons just get alot of strength because GF seems to be stereotyping the majority as strong and only strong (with the exception of KawaiiCloud Altaria). Ghosts and Dark types need to have more pseudolegends (Ghosts especially, Dark has two iirc) because if GF beings stereotyping, then threatening and malevolent Ghosts and Dark types should be stronger and have BSTs close to Dragons.
    Looking for:

You know, it just occurred to me. Druddigon is the Cave Pokemon. Noivern is found in caves...

Do you think there will be any connection between the two?? I could certainly see them being found in the same area. It makes me hope that Druddigon get's that Dragon/Rock evo. He and Noivern could be rivals like Seviper and Zangoose
    Last edited by LeoP2008; 27th June 2013 at 6:32 AM.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    You know, it just occurred to me. Druddigon is the Cave Pokemon. Noivern is found in caves...

Do you think there will be any connection between the two?? I could certainly see them being found in the same area. It makes me hope that Druddigon get's that Dragon/Rock evo. He and Noivern could be rivals like Seviper and Zangoose
    Well if Druddigon's evo had some relation to reality, as well as Noivern's line's concepts, then perhaps there could be some rivalry if it makes sense.
    As for now, I haven't any knowledge of myths or legends of certain Dragon's being rivals like Zangoose's and Seviper's IRL legend.
    Looking for:

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Well, a Steel/Ice type with a 600 BST would be a Good dragon threat to all of those who don't know good fire or fighting moves.
    Fairy seems to be an exception, because Ice can be put out by even non-STAB Fire moves sent by Dragons.
    Dragons just get alot of strength because GF seems to be stereotyping the majority as strong and only strong (with the exception of KawaiiCloud Altaria). Ghosts and Dark types need to have more pseudolegends (Ghosts especially, Dark has two iirc) because if GF beings stereotyping, then threatening and malevolent Ghosts and Dark types should be stronger and have BSTs close to Dragons.
    I'd like to see ice types get a boost this gen as well. Some cool ice types and abilities that negate some super effective moves would be...."cool".
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

Quote Originally Posted by comic321 View Post
    I geuss I must be the only who thinks Gamefreak could have introduced Sound type. Noivern could have been the pioneer of it all. I mean come on. There are plenty of pokemon who could have been sound type or sound /dual type! Like for instance: Meloetta. Instead of being Normal/Psychic, she could have been Sound/Psychic! Samething with alot of other obvious Pokemon like Chatot, Kricetune, Maractus, The Whismur & Tympole lines, and a few others! Even certain moves & attacks like Sing, Bug Wave, Screech, Round & others!

But no, Nintendo & Gamefreak blindly missed out on a decent oppurtunity. Even Noivern just screams of Sound Type! Like in it's name(Noise+Wyvern), the fact that its ears are giant speakers, & Boomburst makes me think of a giant music blast attack. Tell me I'm not the only one.
    I personally don't think Sound would have made sense. Fairy does to me, since it is based on mythical creatures, just like Dragons, which makes it a logical addition. Sound just seems very vague. Ofcourse if excisted they would have made something up for it, but if you put Sound towards the other types, it also doesn't seems to fit in imo. ofcourse.

Food for thought:

http://imgur.com/lG7E4ao

Quote Originally Posted by Rudruma View Post
    Food for thought:

They're all Pokemon. Duh.

Really though, they're fairy type. There's no way they will keep Clefairy/Clefable as a pure normal type.
    Drug free. Alcohol free. Straightedge.

Food for thought:

Weirdly enough, this isn't on the archive of the pokemon twitter account. It was either deleted for potentially leaking too much, or this was a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Blankenship View Post
    They're all Pokemon. Duh.

Really though, they're fairy type. There's no way they will keep Clefairy/Clefable as a pure normal type.
    Since i am on a school computer..i can't check which pokemon are in this link..can someone please tell me the info in that twiter post..

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    Since i am on a school computer..i can't check which pokemon are in this link..can someone please tell me the info in that twiter post..
    Just says "What do Sylveon, Clefairy and Xerneas have in common? - Posted on April 22.

I think we pretty much thought this.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Food for thought:

This said it was posted before Fairy type was even confirmed and no one noticed it until now... it has to be a fake
    ONLY THE BEST

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    Weirdly enough, this isn't on the archive of the pokemon twitter account. It was either deleted for potentially leaking too much, or this was a shop.
    I think I'm going to check that out...

EDIT: Nope. Not there in the archive. Probably shop. I'm going to check the picture carefully.
    EDIT 2: Looks grainy on my screen, and some of the letters don't look right to Twitter's font.
    Last edited by Maya The Awesome; 27th June 2013 at 1:26 PM.

Seems like I've just missed out on another Sound type debate. It won't be happening this generation, unfortunately, I think Noivern is proof of that, but who knows what will happen in the future? My argument and reasoning can be found in my signature, although in my experience, well thought out arguments for the Sound type are largely ignored by the naysayers, who generally just bash some of the much weaker arguments out there, using reasoning that admittedly makes some degree of sense, but still is fairly flimsy.

One particular argument I see again and again is the molecular level one. Sound is just vibrations, etc. Well what's Water if not a collection of molecules that are neither densely packed nor totally distant from each other? What's Fire if not a collection of molecules with an abundance of energy? And so on.

And to whoever posted the intelligent Sound type speculation on the previous page - sorry, forgotten your name and it's a bit more of an effort to go back on my tablet - thank you!

We got Fairy this generation, for crying out loud! I think even less people speculated that, and it appears that we've mostly come to terms with it.
    My thoughts with regards to a Sound type. Comments, feedback, etc, would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do french people ride goats freely in their country?

Quote Originally Posted by DSDark View Post
    The only reason GF would introduce another new type would be if the meta game becomes unbalanced again. Fairy was only introduced to balance out Dragon type. Yes they could have made it sound, magic, cosmic or other type that fans have speculated but they went fairy because it made the most sense in regards to the pokemon already in existence and the pokemon they wanted to introduce later on. If they find the meta game unbalanced again they will introduce another type that makes sense to counter the current unbalanced type.

Well the thing about Fairy as we have been given it, is that is encompasses aspects of all three of those speculated types; Cosmic, as it appears linked to stars and celestial bodies; Magic, because well duh :P and Sound to a much lesser extent, as you could expect some Fairies with abilities such as these, Jigglypuff already being an example.

All these speculated types never really made sense to me. Sound, seems a very loose, vague term and a pokemon deemed sound type could potentially just be any other types; it isn't essential, or integral to them as a characteristic. As evidenced by Tympole's line, Chinglings's line and Kricketune's too. Sound is a very 'neutral' phenomena that crosses over the various types we already have- it is a tertiary characteristic more than anything else. I feel a bunch of 'Sound type' pokemon would be small, ill fitting and strained for creativity when compared to the breath of Fairy type's potential. As a move type, Victreebong took a very informed and logical stab at it's capabilities; but as a collection of pokemon, it would be odd if you think about it.

As for Magic and Cosmic; well, they are being used as adjectives more than nouns here. Which devalues them as a type because it is more a trait, then a pool of potential ability. Anyway, they are so wooly and vague- whereas Fairy type has quite a nice finite boundary to it, whilst being hugely broad AND it encompasses these aspects into it's mythos as a type anyway. Magic and Cosmic just don't really click as types as they have no true, tangible anchor. They are descriptive and loose terms which don't quite match up with 'Bug', 'Fire', 'Rock' etc. If you get what I mean.

Also that pokemon twitter thingy looks fake anyway.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    I think I'm going to check that out...

EDIT: Nope. Not there in the archive. Probably shop. I'm going to check the picture carefully.
    EDIT 2: Looks grainy on my screen, and some of the letters don't look right to Twitter's font.
    I wouldn't trust it unless you can actually find it on the Twitter account, but it seems you can't..

Looks legit to me, but that's probably because I don't have a Twitter and am not on there often.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

Even if it is fake i am sure that Clefairy is going to be a Fairy Type..it makes so much sense.

Even if it is fake i am sure that Clefairy is going to be a Fairy Type..it makes so much sense.

Yah, very likely I'd say, the most likely of all probably! Xerneas hasa very high chance too I reckon.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Yah, very likely I'd say, the most likely of all probably! Xerneas hasa very high chance too I reckon.
    I do think Xerneas is going to be a Fairy Type but it's going to be Fairy/Grass..it would make a lot of sense..

I do think Xerneas is going to be a Fairy Type but it's going to be Fairy/Grass..it would make a lot of sense..
    Hmmm, if it was part grass, part fairy.. I would probably have it as Grass/Fairy. (The order apparently matters)

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Page 1515 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 5151415146515051511151215131514151515161517151815191525156516152515 ... LastLast