Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Interesting... Well it has to be something that's an attention getter so my guess would be that it's either more news on the new Fairy type (such as matchups), typings of the legendaries (including Mewtwo's new form) or some story/character details. New Pokemon are also a possibility but unless it's one that'll excite the fanbase I don't think Masuda would reserve a big announcement for it.
    It'll probably just rehash CoroCoro info, although it could also be something major, of course.

I'm not sure if something like this happened in the marketing of RS, DP, or BW. If it didn't this could be huge.

Interesting... Well it has to be something that's an attention getter so my guess would be that it's either more news on the new Fairy type (such as matchups), typings of the legendaries (including Mewtwo's new form) or some story/character details. New Pokemon are also a possibility but unless it's one that'll excite the fanbase I don't think Masuda would reserve a big announcement for it.
    The News delivered by Masuda could be really good or meh..i hope we do get some info from Masuda's Sppech..that would be so cool ;D

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    All I really want is starter final evolutions.

The final evolutions play huge part on who I choose as my starter.
    That most likelly won't be shown, me and other peopleh ave said it multiple times, middle stages maybe, last stages will either be leaked or have a 5%(made up percentage is made up) chance of being shown, don't expect it and if its a leak atleast I will probably not look at it if possible, I'm taking a forum vacation in August and September.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    It'll probably just rehash CoroCoro info, although it could also be something major, of course.

I'm not sure if something like this happened in the marketing of RS, DP, or BW. If it didn't this could be huge.
    Maybe it's just me but I can't see Masuda stating that he has a special announcement for us in mind and then give us rehashed news that would do nothing to get our interest. At the very least, if he's going to give us that he'd expand on it somewhat.

I can't speak for the others but I don't remember anything like this for BW's hype train.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Maybe it's just me but I can't see Masuda stating that he has a special announcement for us in mind and then give us rehashed news that would do nothing to get our interest. At the very least, if he's going to give us that he'd expand on it somewhat.

I can't speak for the others but I don't remember anything like this for BW's hype train.
    Thought so, I'm still not sure though.

I do wonder what it could be. Tienno/Trevor/Shauna's starter Pokémon? :P

I agree..i hope it's some new and very cool

Also just curious..do you think there was more hype for this game than Black and White?

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post

Also just curious..do you think there was more hype for this game than Black and White?
    I don't remember much about BW, I thought it was pretty much a let down from the begginning, other than the Pokémon of course.

I think it's on about the same terms as DP, if not a smidge more.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post

Agreed, lets hope for the best.

Definitely more, due to all the new things like the mechanics (Pokemon-amie for example), the new type and the 3D jump, a lot of people seem to be looking forward to this one. BW had some, but it was definitely lower IIRC and I don't remember anyone getting too excited (or at least, not this excited) for it until it hit stores in Japan.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

There has definitely been more hype for this game but that's a subject for a different thread

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Maybe it'll be the announcement of a demo that we can download, the one that will be able to be played at the trade show? Or more Fairy types?
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    Maybe it'll be the announcement of a demo that we can download, the one that will be able to be played at the trade show? Or more Fairy types?
    Hoping for the latter but i think it will be the former

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

They never said anything about downloading a demo did they? I thought it was like a show room at a few places in Japan?
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

That's why they're announcing a demo, they don't have one yet

Jokes aside, I honestly have no idea. It seems a tad early for a demo to me.

I'm answer many questions of where i think you should speculate:
    Quote Originally Posted by Castform07 View Post
    please be the dex!!!
    Read the quote below.

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    We'll never get the whole dex before the game. Officially at least
    GameFreak will save pokemon for the release.

Well just because it's being recorded today doesn't mean whatever it is will be announced/revealed/etc. today.

But I hope it is
    In theory, is for today. And probably it will be in the evening or before (US)

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    I personally would love it to be Xerneas and Yveltals types, but I doubt it. Or how exactly how many new pokemon we are getting.
    Thye types of the legendaries is the most valued reason right now to speculate of why GameFreak are doing this announcement.

All I really want is starter final evolutions.

The final evolutions play huge part on who I choose as my starter.
    Unless we are getting a Blaziken scenario; read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Well it won't be those because they never reveal the starter's evos until release.

It won't be rehash of CoroCoro info. It doesn't make sense. It's revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I'm taking a forum vacation in August and September.
    Well, good luck!!!

No, you don't remember this. The"worldwide" hype this but they are more hyped than that.

Thought so, I'm still not sure though.

I do wonder what it could be. Tienno/Trevor/Shauna's starter Pokémon? :P
    Details like that, no.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    There has definitely been more hype for this game but that's a subject for a different thread
    The reason of this hype is to gaing viewers because the Pokemon Company is getting less money than usual for various reasons.

To fight with this, the games are overhyped and not only fans noticed this. Revealing 20 pokemon 4 months before release is hype, the announcement was hype, revealing new types is hype, etc. Do yopu notice that they are revealing things that they're usually revealed later? And we don't have the anime hyping the new series because they will hype it in Japan.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    That's why they're announcing a demo, they don't have one yet

Jokes aside, I honestly have no idea. It seems a tad early for a demo to me.
    The demo that Japan will have won't be out until August. It will be less that 2 months until release.

This special message that Masuda is making for the fans.

Does anyone else get the impression that we're not going to learn anything at all? I feel like it'll just be a thank you to fans for being loyal. The way it was worded makes it sound like that. If it was a new pokemon or new gameplay wouldn't they have clearly stated that?

Is there any idea when this message is coming? In the next 24 hours? Week? Month?

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    This special message that Masuda is making for the fans.

Does anyone else get the impression that we're not going to learn anything at all? I feel like it'll just be a thank you to fans for being loyal. The way it was worded makes it sound like that. If it was a new pokemon or new gameplay wouldn't they have clearly stated that?

Is there any idea when this message is coming? In the next 24 hours? Week? Month?
    Hum since when does Gamefreak do that and why would he do a thank you video? he can thanks us at the end of a new trailer or wtv.

I'm expecting a new pokemon direct, maybe not with much stuff, revealing more about Fairy type would be fine for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    They never said anything about downloading a demo did they? I thought it was like a show room at a few places in Japan?
    They only announced that there would be a playable demo in the trade show in Japan, but they could always announce it to be downloadble for those around the world.

I forgot it wasn't until August so we can strike that idea out :P
    #BuyUltraviolance

They only announced that there would be a playable demo in the trade show in Japan, but they could always announce it to be downloadble for those around the world.

I forgot it wasn't until August so we can strike that idea out :P
    Well they could atleast give us confirmation that the world will be able to play it. Tbh I wouldn't be bothered about playing it, coz it would probs just make me more angry that I don't yet own it. Then it would make me a bit less excited when I actually get the game So I hope for other people we get but I know that I wouldn't play it.

Too tired to scroll through posts:

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/350644797826023424

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Hum since when does Gamefreak do that and why would he do a thank you video? he can thanks us at the end of a new trailer or wtv.

I'm expecting a new pokemon direct, maybe not with much stuff, revealing more about Fairy type would be fine for example.
    I think if it was a Pokemon Direct, or something to that effect, they would have straight up said "pokemon direct" and the NoA twitter would have mentioned it as well (also, the NoJ twitter)

It's probably nothing too major, though I doubt it's just a "Thank You" since why only thank the english fanbase

I don't think it will be much...

to get back on topic does anyone think a slime mold would make a good Pokemon?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slime_mold
    would be kind of cool considering its multistage life cycle... (though Gamefreak usually sticks to animals the occasionally make some more unusual ideas...)
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Who else thinks that Xerneas is fairy/grass and Yveltal dragon/fire?
    RIP Swampy the Swampert.
    Though you will never see kalos because pokebank rejected you for an unknown reason you will still live on in my heart as the first pokemon that i ever owned aswell as the best.
    Your memory will live on and your legacy shall continue with Swampy Jr in the 3d version of Hoenn your birthplace.

Goodbye Swampy, I will never forget you.

Quote Originally Posted by firnen67 View Post
    Yveltal doesn't look Dragon at all to me... I'm expecting it to be at least Flying type.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Quote Originally Posted by firnen67 View Post
    Fairy/Grass, possibly; at least part Fairy, very likely. Yveltal as Dragon/Fire? We just had Reshiram, plus I really do hope it isn't Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Yveltal doesn't look Dragon at all to me... I'm expecting it to be at least Flying type.

It certainly looks part Flying- maybe primarily Flying even? That would be nice Flying/Dark sounds cool!
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Page 1523 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 5231423147315131519152015211522152315241525152615271533157316232523 ... LastLast