Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by firnen67 View Post
    Who else thinks that Xerneas is fairy/grass and Yveltal dragon/fire?
    Xerneas- either fairy, or grass/psychic?
    Yveltal- flying and either dark, fire or fighting
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

To me Yveltal looks like a wyvern(maybe just to me ;p) and wouldn't Xer overpower Yvel with the type disadvantages?
    RIP Swampy the Swampert.
    Though you will never see kalos because pokebank rejected you for an unknown reason you will still live on in my heart as the first pokemon that i ever owned aswell as the best.
    Your memory will live on and your legacy shall continue with Swampy Jr in the 3d version of Hoenn your birthplace.

Goodbye Swampy, I will never forget you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Xerneas- either fairy, or grass/psychic?
    Yveltal- flying and either dark, fire or fighting

Eeeeww Psychic :S haha!

I really really really hope it isn't Psychic- as much as I wish Yveltal isn't Dragon- those two types have had FAR too much attention when it comes to Legendaries!

I have a good feeling this gen will present us with a Poison type legend- that would be so cool Poison has such potential as a Legendary pokemon; one of pollution, putrefaction or disease! I'm surprised we haven't had one already!
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

To me Yveltal looks like a wyvern(maybe just to me ;p) and wouldn't Xer overpower Yvel with the type disadvantages?
    isn't this kinda the wrong thread to be talking about the legendaries?
    Also, he doesn't really look like a wyvern at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    isn't this kinda the wrong thread to be talking about the legendaries?
    Also, he doesn't really look like a wyvern at all.
    He does kind of look like a wyvern... in the sense of being two winged, two taloned and vaguely draconic head and neck- though it looks more like a fierce raptor to me, with a heavily stylized head. Also heavily reminiscent of the Cardinal though more sleek and dangerous looking.

Yah actually yah, more suited for Legendaries Thread.

Anyone been thinking about how far into the dex this Gen before we start to see Fairies? Fairly rare and late on like Ice and Dragon types? Maybe they will do a switch around this time and have some Fairies and Dragons earlier on.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Whoops! srry didn't realise i was on the wrong thread xD but just to finish off.... I guess he really looks more like a bird so no dragon type but I am sticking to at least part fire for Yveltal
    RIP Swampy the Swampert.
    Though you will never see kalos because pokebank rejected you for an unknown reason you will still live on in my heart as the first pokemon that i ever owned aswell as the best.
    Your memory will live on and your legacy shall continue with Swampy Jr in the 3d version of Hoenn your birthplace.

Goodbye Swampy, I will never forget you.

Whoops! srry didn't realise i was on the wrong thread xD but just to finish off.... I guess he really looks more like a bird so no dragon type but I am sticking to at least part fire for Yveltal
    If it is part Fire type then it is a fairly cryptic one I stick to Flying/Dark myself

Have we actually found out whether or not Fletchling--->Talonflame or is there still the possibility of a middle stage?
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

I don't know about you guys but i have not been this excited for a Pokemon game since Red and Blue. The Dex really intrigues me because i noticed how many pokemon from last generation that they themed after American culture. I really have a feeling that we are going to get a lot of Mythological themed pokemon. And anyone notice the carnac stones/stonehenge area on the map? something tells me they have regi style legendary questline planned for that area, or at least i hope. i also have a sneaking suspicion that smeargle and Mr.Mime will get evolutions because of their french characteristics, and also possibly Jynx because of her Opera singer/gypsy similarities. I honestly think that those are logical evolutions based on the theme of the region.

3DS FC: 1349-4921-4977

I really want two version exclusive pokemon that are based on the norse ragnarok
    One would be a combination of Odin and Fenrir, because Fenrir kills Odin during Ragnarok, and would be like an eight legged wolf with one eye and raven wings, and it would either be dark flying or dark fighting with levitate as tis ability. And it would have torn chains or cloth on it to represent gleipnir, which supposedly Fenrir would break out of on ragnarok.

The other would be a combination of Thor and the world snake, because the snake kills thor, it would be like a giant snake and it would sort of look like it was wearing a norse helmet and at the end of its tail it would have mjolnir. It would be a electric and poison type.

Has it been speculated yet whether or not Noivern will have an evolution, or is he supposed to be a mini-flagship like Lucario and Zoroark were? He's so big/cool looking already, it's hard to envision an evo, but maybe others think differently?

Image drawn by me~

Quote Originally Posted by Lykouros View Post
    Has it been speculated yet whether or not Noivern will have an evolution, or is he supposed to be a mini-flagship like Lucario and Zoroark were? He's so big/cool looking already, it's hard to envision an evo, but maybe others think differently?
    I can see it getting a pre-evolved form, if anything. A higher evolved form of Noivern sounds like it would be rather overpowered. They look like a final stage already, to me, but then a pre-evolved form might end up looking rather similar to Zubat. Maybe it'll just be a late-game single stage Pokémon? I can see them being rather rare, and being found most commonly somewhere like Victory Road, or a post-game cave/cave extension.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

It could be like perspective, I mean Dunsparce is as tall as Salamence, would you have guessed that? So maybe it is, maybe it isnt. I hope it is final and we get a cool Pre-Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sylveon_ View Post
    It could be like perspective, I mean Dunsparce is as tall as Salamence, would you have guessed that? So maybe it is, maybe it isnt. I hope it is final and we get a cool Pre-Evo.

I think Dunsparce's "height" measurement is it's length, like it is for Arbok. They're only a few inches tall. So it's as long as Salamence is tall. and a 5' snake isn't THAT long. The thing is, there's absolutely NO consistency as to how they measure "height", so its' next to useless. Furret is six feet - but I'm pretty sure that's from tailtip to nosetip, not from foot to shoulder, as animals are usually measured. (at least in my experience).

Anyone else wonder what Helioptile's final evolution is going to be... I'm hoping it's going to be awesome!
    The one That Started it All-

Competitive Battling-

Just imagine how awesome it would be to see a Gallade riding a Braviary!
    UNOVAAAA! F--K YEAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TehGalladez79 View Post
    Anyone else wonder what Helioptile's final evolution is going to be... I'm hoping it's going to be awesome!
    Assuming that it does evolve (I don't see why it wouldn't), I hope for it to look cool. Not like some ugly being that makes no sense - I want an awesome looking lizard-like thing or something of that sort. Maybe with larger frills too, to intimidate the opponent (like what the PokéDex would probably say about it.)

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

I'd LOVE for Noivern to be the new Lucario/Zoroark of this generation. But, then again, I'd be happy if we got any sort of Lucario/Zoroark for this gen.

I could see its pre-evolution (pure Flying) being given by an ally. Then, the little baby Pokemon evolves in some unique way into the mighty Noivern.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    I'd LOVE for Noivern to be the new Lucario/Zoroark of this generation. But, then again, I'd be happy if we got any sort of Lucario/Zoroark for this gen.

I could see its pre-evolution (pure Flying) being given by an ally. Then, the little baby Pokemon evolves in some unique way into the mighty Noivern.
    Flying + Dragon types are a dime a dozen - I might be interested in keeping a potentially pure-flying regular poke un-evolved just to play around with it. Heheheeh.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post

Well Noivern wouldn't exactly be the Lucario/Zoroark or the region. After all aren't those considered the slim bipedal........canine? (correct me if that's not what jackals are skiddsy) of the region and not a bat dragon?

Well Noivern wouldn't exactly be the Lucario/Zoroark or the region. After all aren't those considered the slim bipedal........canine? (correct me if that's not what jackals are skiddsy) of the region and not a bat dragon?
    I was actually referring to the popularity and "coolness" factor of pokemon like Lucario and Zoroark which were used to promote their respective games in a similar way to the Legendaries and starters, but yes, Lucario is based on a Jackal and Zoroark is based on a fox.

Image drawn by me~

I just can't shake the feeling that Noivern is a Crobat-like evo of Swoobat... Their designs are similar (bat-esque, fur collars,similar shape ears and noses, they both have two legs a tail and two wings... and their pokedex entries, along with woobats, are almost identical.. etc)

Plus it wouldn't be the first time a Poke evolved and lost a type.

I personally would LOVE this considering woobat was the first pokemon i fell in love with from gen 5... but imo they are unusable..
    Current Black 2 Team:

Hydreigon <3
    Kingdra <3
    Leavanny <3
    Darmanitan <3
    Lucario <3
    Espeon <3

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Well normally the Lucario/Zoroark would of been released by now. But I can see a bipedal "cool looking" high dex number of this generation returning again.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowPandemic View Post
    I just can't shake the feeling that Noivern is a Crobat-like evo of Swoobat... Their designs are similar (bat-esque, fur collars,similar shape ears and noses, they both have two legs a tail and two wings... and their pokedex entries, along with woobats, are almost identical.. etc)

I personally would LOVE this considering woobat was the first pokemon i fell in love with from gen 5... but imo they are unusable..
    Noivern: Noivern is extremely combative toward anything that wanders too close to it. It flies through even the darkest nights using ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears. This Pokémon loves fruit, and feeding it fruit will keep it calm.

Swoobat: Anyone who comes into contact with the ultrasonic waves emitted by a courting male experiences a positive mood shift.

So similar.

Also, literally the only thing design wise they share in common is the fur collar, and even then, the fur collars are very different. Also, how would it go from Psychic to Dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowPandemic View Post

I don't really see much resemblance beyond "Bats!", but even ignoring that why wouldn't they say they're related?

They've never hidden evolution connections, so far as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Goukazaru51 View Post
    Well normally the Lucario/Zoroark would of been released by now. But I can see a bipedal "cool looking" high dex number of this generation returning again.
    If its basically the first new Gen pokemon (apart from legendarys and starters) then isn't it Sylveon? I mean she isnt in the movie but no new Gen 6 pokemon is. Atleast not the star of the movie anyway. Plus Eevee is kinda similar to Riolu/Zorua... Unless we get a pokemon that looks INCREDABLY like Luc/Zor, then I think its safe to say it's Sylveon.

I'm sure others disagree though...
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

OR if you look at his Pokedex entry without omitting anything...

Noivern (per serebii.net): Noivern uses the ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears to attack. These waves are so strong they can reduce large boulders to small pebbles.

Swoobat (BW2): It shakes its tail vigorously when it emits ultrasonic waves strong enough to reduce concrete to rubble.
    Current Black 2 Team:

Hydreigon <3
    Kingdra <3
    Leavanny <3
    Darmanitan <3
    Lucario <3
    Espeon <3

Page 1524 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 5241424147415141520152115221523152415251526152715281534157416242524 ... LastLast