Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I don't really see much resemblance beyond "Bats!", but even ignoring that why wouldn't they say they're related?

They've never hidden evolution connections, so far as I remember.
    what do you mean by hidden evolution connections??
    Current Black 2 Team:

Hydreigon <3
    Kingdra <3
    Leavanny <3
    Darmanitan <3
    Lucario <3
    Espeon <3

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowPandemic View Post
    I just can't shake the feeling that Noivern is a Crobat-like evo of Swoobat... Their designs are similar (bat-esque, fur collars,similar shape ears and noses, they both have two legs a tail and two wings... and their pokedex entries, along with woobats, are almost identical.. etc)

Plus it wouldn't be the first time a Poke evolved and lost a type.

I personally would LOVE this considering woobat was the first pokemon i fell in love with from gen 5... but imo they are unusable..
    It doesn't seem much like woobat to me other than having a white ruff. One is a heart-nosed bat-slash-tent making bat, the other's a proper fruit bat. They're not that closely related.

Swoobat inspiration
    Noivern inspiration

...Why a fruit bat dragon thing is sound themed when they don't actually echolocate is beyond me.

OR if you look at his Pokedex entry without omitting anything...

Noivern (per serebii.net): Noivern uses the ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears to attack. These waves are so strong they can reduce large boulders to small pebbles.

Swoobat (BW2): It shakes its tail vigorously when it emits ultrasonic waves strong enough to reduce concrete to rubble.
    Point being what exactly? Compare Charmeleons and Charizards dex entries. They aren't alike, but they are still evos. That doesn't mean Noivern has to be it's evo. Seriously, the thing they have in common is that they are bats.
    Maybe he is a Crobat evo!!!!!

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

what do you mean by hidden evolution connections??
    He means that if a pokemon is somehow related to another, they always tell us. So basically, if Noivern was an evolution of Swoobat, it would have be promoted as such.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    If its basically the first new Gen pokemon (apart from legendarys and starters) then isn't it Sylveon? I mean she isnt in the movie but no new Gen 6 pokemon is. Atleast not the star of the movie anyway. Plus Eevee is kinda similar to Riolu/Zorua... Unless we get a pokemon that looks INCREDABLY like Luc/Zor, then I think its safe to say it's Sylveon.

I'm sure others disagree though...
    Yep. I disagree but, then again, don't get me wrong but, I like Noivern and all (My friend misspelled bat dragon in a text and called it "Bad Dragon" instead. That deserves a nickname. It really doesn't help that it's signature move is called "Boomblast") but he just seems... standard and generic. Really unassuming. So yeah, so far Slyveon is our best bet.
    Insert witty catchphrase here.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Point being what exactly? Compare Charmeleons and Charizards dex entries. They aren't alike, but they are still evos. That doesn't mean Noivern has to be it's evo. Seriously, the thing they have in common is that they are bats.
    Maybe he is a Crobat evo!!!!!
    I was merely saying that they could be evolutions/ and why... I'm not stating it as a fact... that would be why its called a speculation~ <3

And yes in the case of charmeleon and charizard.. yes they may not match but serveral pokedex entries do..
    Current Black 2 Team:

Hydreigon <3
    Kingdra <3
    Leavanny <3
    Darmanitan <3
    Lucario <3
    Espeon <3

I just can't shake the feeling that Noivern is a Crobat-like evo of Swoobat... Their designs are similar (bat-esque, fur collars,similar shape ears and noses, they both have two legs a tail and two wings... and their pokedex entries, along with woobats, are almost identical.. etc)

Plus it wouldn't be the first time a Poke evolved and lost a type.

I personally would LOVE this considering woobat was the first pokemon i fell in love with from gen 5... but imo they are unusable..
    If you think about it, the Zubat line was introduced in Gen. 1. Next Gen. he got an evolution... Crobat. It's a theory but they might do it again with Noivern, but I'm kinda doubting it...
    The one That Started it All-

Competitive Battling-

Just imagine how awesome it would be to see a Gallade riding a Braviary!
    UNOVAAAA! F--K YEAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TehGalladez79 View Post
    If you think about it, the Zubat line was introduced in Gen. 1. Next Gen. he got an evolution... Crobat. It's a theory but they might do it again with Noivern, but I'm kinda doubting it...

which was part of the point of the speculation. I really hope they do...
    Current Black 2 Team:

Hydreigon <3
    Kingdra <3
    Leavanny <3
    Darmanitan <3
    Lucario <3
    Espeon <3

I can't at all see Swoobat, evolving into Noivern they're too different.

One, why go Woobat, Swoobat, to Noivern, and yes that is its English name. Why not Wyvernbat or something of that nature.

Why go from wooing, to swooning, to noise? Is the noise supposed to represent moaning from sex or something, because.............no.

I can't imagine a psychic/flying bat evolving into dragon/flying wyvern Pokemon anyway. If it was a normal/flying bat, evolving into a dragon/flying Pokemon then yes.

But not a psychic/flying bat, but you know fine maybe Noivern could be a split evo, still not sure about the change in themes however, but I suppose as long as it had a normal psychic/flying evolution then I guess Noivern would be okay.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Noivern is actually Flying/Dragon, so it'd be switching it's secondary type and main type, which doesn't help the "Swoobat-->Noivern" case, as I'm pretty sure that this hasn't happened before. That, and why change the heart theme to a boombox theme?

Actually, I highly doubt noivern is a evolution of the swoobat line. If it was they would have said something about it when they teased it.
    Omega Sapphire team

Does anyone have a link to Masuda's "Special Announcement" yet or are we still waiting... I don't like waiting. :3
    The one That Started it All-

Competitive Battling-

Just imagine how awesome it would be to see a Gallade riding a Braviary!
    UNOVAAAA! F--K YEAH!!!

Does anyone have a link to Masuda's "Special Announcement" yet or are we still waiting... I don't like waiting. :3
    I think everybody will be all over it once it comes. Hold your horsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    I think everybody will be all over it once it comes. Hold your horsea.
    Maybe he'll talk about version exclusives, for example maybe helioptile an Xclusive (pun intended) and Litleo a Yxculsive (pun didn't work so well D: ).

Quote Originally Posted by The Super Kid View Post
    Maybe he'll talk about version exclusives, for example maybe helioptile an Xclusive (pun intended) and Litleo a Yxculsive (pun didn't work so well D: ).
    I think he'll just be showing what's shown at the World Hobby Fair that he is currently attending and has XY stuff at

By which I mean showing off the stage battle (with Pokemon we've already seen) and the booths and such

Quote Originally Posted by Belleflora View Post
    Noivern is actually Flying/Dragon, so it'd be switching it's secondary type and main type, which doesn't help the "Swoobat-->Noivern" case, as I'm pretty sure that this hasn't happened before. That, and why change the heart theme to a boombox theme?
    Could have something to do with Heartbeats? Maybe the concept shifted slightly but noticably.
    There's very little colour scheme resemblance so I don't see it happening really.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Honestly, Alomomola has more in common with Luvdisc than Noivern does with Swoobat to me. And we all know how "Ooh, Luvdisc evolution!" worked out. (Granted, molas are so radically different from discus I wasn't too surprised).

I would love to see the announcement of Pokemon X and Y Demo..that would be amazing..

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I would love to see the announcement of Pokemon X and Y Demo..that would be amazing..
    A demo seems like a possible thing he would announce, I don't think he'll be revealing any new Pokemon since we've already had so many new releases this month.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    A demo seems like a possible thing he would announce, I don't think he'll be revealing any new Pokemon since we've already had so many new releases this month.
    True.. ( We will have to wait till next month for new Pokemon)

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    True.. ( We will have to wait till next month for new Pokemon)
    Anyone thought that it may be the elusive app most want for previous gen pokemon transfer? Anyone i doubt it will be anything major just being about this game show thing

Anyone on topic, Swoobat to Noivern. With everything we know i think we can rule out this as a possibility

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

On seeing a picture of Nolvern again, some similarities (albeit vague, but I've seen stranger things happen in Pokemon) occurred to me. Partly due to its shape, the sonar-things on its head and the fur on its back bear a resemblance to Swootbat to a degree consistent with other Pokemon evolutionary lines.

Has any anyone else seen this or feel there is a real possibility that Nolvern could be Swootbat's evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Celebitwo View Post
    On seeing a picture of Nolvern again, some similarities (albeit vague, but I've seen stranger things happen in Pokemon) occurred to me. Partly due to its shape, the sonar-things on its head and the fur on its back bear a resemblance to Swootbat to a degree consistent with other Pokemon evolutionary lines.

Has any anyone else seen this or feel there is a real possibility that Nolvern could be Swootbat's evolution?
    a lot of people(myself included) have considered this but i don't think it's likely in addition to the change in type and size it would seem odd for swoobat to evolve into a large wyvern. Also the nose differs significantly.plus it loses the whole romantic thing woobat and swoobat have.Could you really picture Nolvern using heart stamp. There are similarities but i think they are mostly just asthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    a lot of people(myself included) have considered this but i don't think it's likely in addition to the change in type and size it would seem odd for swoobat to evolve into a large wyvern. Also the nose differs significantly.plus it loses the whole romantic thing woobat and swoobat have.Could you really picture Nolvern using heart stamp. There are similarities but i think they are mostly just asthetic.
    It's an entirely different kind of bat. Noivern is a megabat/fruit bat (Based on it's pokedex entries, though is sound themed and megabats do not echolocate with the exception of Egyptian Fruit Bats). Swoobat and woobat are heart nosed bats (Yes, that's literally a species of bat).

...In the real world, these two species of bats are about as related as cats and dogs are, or horses and rhinos.

They would have said that Noivern was an evolution of Swoobat when he was revealed. It's not an evolution of it. This is why I hate it when they reveal Pokemon who appear similar to past ones.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Page 1525 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 5251425147515151521152215231524152515261527152815291535157516252525 ... LastLast