Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

You know some of you could have just simply said you disliked Infernape.

You did not have to go and piss on it by bashing it.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

I know. That argument doesn't stop users bashing my favorite Pokémon though.

Besides, I pretty much said it's inferior to Blaziken and that i think it's design is horrible.

You don't have to take every post that makes infernape look inferior as bashing just because somne random user on the internet you don't know or care about hates that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

Sorry. But I suppose we all have to deal with bashing now and then.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Meh, I found Infernape to be decent overall, design and move-wise.
    Of course I did not use it much as Empoleon was my favourite from that gen.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    Given that its some kind of Pistol shrimp thing + 'launcher' (probably to capitalize on its Pistol shrimp qualities) I can see it becoming some kind of high-artillery lobster. Like Loberine for 'Lobster' + 'Submarine' or Torpster for 'Torpedo' + 'Lobster'.

Assuming it'll go from a Shrimp to a Lobster, that is. It could just stay a shrimp, but I doubt it. A Lobster is essentially just a giant shrimp lol; visually, anyway. Whatever the case, its no way near as big a jump as a fish turning into an octopus (I'm looking at you, Octillery) or a bipedal Seal turning into a quadrupedal Sealion (*cough* Samurott *cough*).

In fact, I'm expecting something similar to this: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...bmarimon_b.jpg
    Here I was thinking it might turn into a mantis shrimp. Which are like pistol shrimp, only super hardcore. While they are not actually SHRIMP (they're stomatopod crustaceans), they fit well with the idea of pistol shrimp, only they hit a lot harder.

And to me it has the kind of coloration you'd expect from a clauncher evolution.

Mostly I'm super fascinated by mantis shrimp because they're incredibly unique and cool. And then you wonder what their world looks like because they have 16 different color receptors in their eyes compared to our three.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    Here I was thinking it might turn into a mantis shrimp. Which are like pistol shrimp, only super hardcore. While they are not actually SHRIMP (they're stomatopod crustaceans), they fit well with the idea of pistol shrimp, only they hit a lot harder.

And to me it has the kind of coloration you'd expect from a clauncher evolution.

Mostly I'm super fascinated by mantis shrimp because they're incredibly unique and cool. And then you wonder what their world looks like because they have 16 different color receptors in their eyes compared to our three.
    I thought it was only a matter of time before the Mantis Shrimp was mentioned haha! I love that poster- when it jumps on that kids face :P

Though, it could be Water/Bug- that would be awesome :O
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    I thought it was only a matter of time before the Mantis Shrimp was mentioned haha! I love that poster- when it jumps on that kids face :P

Yeah, I've always wanted a Water/Bug type that didn't turn into Bug/Flying type no. 9001 upon evolution.
    *looks at Surskit*
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

The only thing about a mantis shrimp is that none of its amazing traits such as its incredible eyes seem present in clauncher
    I think clauncher may have a more lobster based desgin when it evolves
    Right now it seems to be a mixture of a shrimp and lobster
    Last edited by adamfitz; 30th June 2013 at 1:00 AM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    The only thing about a mantis shrimp is that none of its amazing traits such as its incredible eyes seem present in clauncher
    I think clauncher may have a more lobster based desgin when it evolves
    Right now it seems to be a mixture of a shrimp and lobster
    I just think pistol shrimp have more in common with mantis shrimp than they do with lobsters. They're both mostly known for their incredible power in their legs/claws and being capable of producing sonoluminescence (They do their respective thing so fast that they can create light.)

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post

Haha I have wanted a water/bug lobster as the water starter for a while now but I wouldn't mind that from Clauncher either even though I don't see that. I think he will be a water/electric pistal shrimp/lobster that uses it's claws to make electric waves to stun its prey.

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Avi604 View Post
    Haha I have wanted a water/bug lobster as the water starter for a while now but I wouldn't mind that from Clauncher either even though I don't see that. I think he will be a water/electric pistal shrimp/lobster that uses it's claws to make electric waves to stun its prey.
    I'd rather fire cause we've had water and electric before. I want unique type combos this generation

2014 Baby

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Torchic gets Speed Boost from the event which makes itself the cockfighting fried chicken it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    I'd rather fire cause we've had water and electric before. I want unique type combos this generation
    Fire for Clauncher? Ok I want unique type combos this generation as well, but why fire? Nothing about Clauncher points towards fire.

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    well yes we will get new type combo we already have electric/normal, fire/normal and hell all the fairy types right now are new type combos. water/electric is still a very rare combo. I want a fire/water type as well I just don't see it happening with Clauncher is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Fire for Clauncher? Ok I want unique type combos this generation as well, but why fire? Nothing about Clauncher points towards fire.
    When a pistol shrimp snaps his big claw or whatever, it creates a bubble and the energy/heat from that bubble is nearly the same level as the sun. Its impossible to see and its over in literally a flash. While I agree that this points to Fire, It doesnt really mean that Clauncher should be able to gain the type and learn stuff like Flamethrower.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    When a pistol shrimp snaps his big claw or whatever, it creates a bubble and the energy/heat from that bubble is nearly the same level as the sun. Its impossible to see and its over in literally a flash. While I agree that this points to Fire, It doesnt really mean that Clauncher should be able to gain the type and learn stuff like Flamethrower.
    this is why I see them shifting it to his claws create electricity to stun prey.
    Last edited by Avi604; 30th June 2013 at 2:10 AM.

As much as I want all of the Pokemon shown off in the trailers to actually be a part of the Kalos dex, I kind of doubt they'd make the Dratini, Bagon, Axew, and Deino line available prior to finishing the story.

I thought that was a mantis shrimp and they like create shockwaves when bubbles collapse and all that and so on

Water/Fire would be amazing.And I'd like to see a good concept behind the design...not something so trivial like an underwater volcano.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Water/Fire would be amazing.And I'd like to see a good concept behind the design...not something so trivial like an underwater volcano.
    I'm sure we will see that type combo sometime but I don't see how a underwater volcano would be trivial I think it could be done really cool, and OMG your sig is AMAZING is that what brave bird looks like?!!!?

This is why we need a Mantis Shrimp Pokemon
    Hopefully Clauncher evolves into one, those things are bad ***

I thought that was a mantis shrimp and they like create shockwaves when bubbles collapse and all that and so on
    Both do it, actually. A convergent evolution that none of their shared ancestors had. This is why I think Clauncher will turn out to be a mantis shrimp. However, one snaps a claw, and the other has a sort of club-like protrusion that it basically punches with.

I actually think water/fighting is a possible final type.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    Both do it, actually. A convergent evolution that none of their shared ancestors had. This is why I think Clauncher will turn out to be a mantis shrimp. However, one snaps a claw, and the other has a sort of club-like protrusion that it basically punches with.

I actually think water/fighting is a possible final type.
    That's what I was thinking for typing.
    Hmmm that's very interesting. I am assuming the Mantis is the one that clubs them?

This is why we need a Mantis Shrimp Pokemon
    Hopefully Clauncher evolves into one, those things are bad ***
    Meh, I did not see it cause any shockwaves capable of smashing glass... I mean it could not smash the shell, let alone the fish tank.
    It seems like it has been a bit exaggerated

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

That's what I was thinking for typing.
    Hmmm that's very interesting. I am assuming the Mantis is the one that clubs them?
    Yeah, mantis has the club. Unlike the pistol shrimp, it does actually hit the target - but it's the speed of the hit that causes the cavitation bubble, rather than shooting it like a pistol shrimp. Both produce the heat, shockwave, and light. But they're very frequently confused for one another, so that's why I assume it'll be the evolution of it.

Crawdaunt is a combination lobster and crayfish anyways.

Page 1533 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 5331433148315231529153015311532153315341535153615371543158316332533 ... LastLast