Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    YES CERBERUS AND NOTHING ELSE FOR HOUNDOOM

that aside, I'd also like to see evos for Sableye, Mawile, Farfetch'd, Dunsparce and MAYBE Steelix
    The thought of Houndom growing two more heads is pretty ew tbh =S I mean, Doduo and Dodrio are freaky enough! With their comical, minimalistic necks and heads- Houndoom's muscular body harbouring 2 more heads is kind of creepy. Plus it being a 'hell hound' doesn't necessarily link it to Cerberus- that is an erroneous conflation in popular culture that Hades = Hell when it isn't so cut and dry as that. So Cerberus isn't really a true 'hell hound' to me anyway; If anything it could evolve into a Barghest or Fenrir like monster- or just other general 'black dogs' linked to witchcraft and the devil etc.

A Steelix with Everstone would be frightening :S If anything I think that line could do with a prevo- because Onix Eggs and 'baby Onix' is still something I haven't quite got to grips with- though from the anime, the egg isn't a literal container for the pokemon- more like a container for the energy making up the pokemon, judging from Scraggy hatching. Then again, as people say- Anime /= Games =\
    Last edited by storm12; 1st July 2013 at 10:45 PM.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    The thought of Houndom growing two more heads is pretty ew tbh =S I mean, Doduo and Dodrio are freaky enough! With their comical, minimalistic necks and heads- Houndoom's muscular body harbouring 2 more heads is kind of creepy. Plus it being a 'hell hound' doesn't necessarily link it to Cerberus- that is an erroneous conflation in popular culture that Hades = Hell when it isn't so cut and dry as that. So Cerberus isn't really a true 'hell hound' to me anyway; If anything it could evolve into a Barghest or Fenrir like monster- or just other general 'black dogs' linked to witchcraft and the devil etc.
    Well I can't see Houndoom evolving into something that has the power of a God
    I would die for a Fenrir pokemon but I would like it to be a legendary or pseudo.

And it doesnt have to grow an extra head!

Cerberumon from Digimon ^

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I would die for a Fenrir pokemon but I would like it to be a legendary or pseudo.

What's Fenrir?
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

I loved him! That'd work.

^a giant wolf from norse mythology is the simple answer.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

I was thinking of that ;] though Houndoom looks kinda similar to Dobermon already; well, both being Doberman dogs at least :P though they might not want to have that much cross over.

Yah, Fenrir seems more like a potential Legendary- though tbh it is just a big dog/wolf thing really :P

What's Fenrir?
    A monstrous wolf from Norse Mythology- a qwik-wiki will get you far :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenrir
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

What's Fenrir?
    Basically.. when the Norse God Loki had sex with a Giantess, they had a giant wolf as a baby. I think
    But it is as powerful, if not more powerful, than the Gods. (At least some of them)

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

What's Fenrir?
    The eldest child of Loki
    http://www.pantheon.org/articles/f/fenrir.html

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Basically.. when the Norse God Loki had sex with a Giantess, they had a giant wolf as a baby. I think
    But it is as powerful, if not more powerful, than the Gods. (At least some of them)
    So yeah, more of a (pseudo)legendary candidate.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

But isn't this Norse mythology?

For Kalos, being based on France, we have to expect elements from Celtic mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian947 View Post

For Kalos, being based on France, we have to expect elements from Celtic mythology.
    According to a few people, xerneas and yvetal are based on norse mythology.

-My younger brother

France isn't quite Celtic myth either :P

It is based on speculation drawn from Yveltal and Xerneas and I think more of a general shift towards western myth and stuff this gen maybe- with Fairy type being literally called 'Fairy' type in terms of being more related on Western Fairies perhaps rather than being called 'Yosei' like the egg group.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Just because it's french based doesn't mean other things won't affect pokemon basis's. Yin and Yang aren't a huge part of American culture but still managed to make it into Unova. Plus if it was France it wouldn't be celtic as that's more British, you be looking at more norman mythology
    Last edited by mtie123; 1st July 2013 at 11:21 PM.

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

I'd love for this, or Fenrir if they decide against a legendary representation.

We got Taoism in an American based region and Gnosticism in a Japanese based region so it doesn't really matter.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Actually France have nordic heritage. The Vikings had control over what is now present day Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Belgium, and France. Before The French were called the french, the were original the Franks and before that the Normans.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    So yeah, more of a (pseudo)legendary candidate.
    I would think so. Considering it ate and killed Odim

2014 Baby

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Torchic gets Speed Boost from the event which makes itself the cockfighting fried chicken it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    I would think so. Considering it ate and killed Odim
    It'd be an awesome Pokémon.

-My younger brother

What would guys want to see for a Dunsparce evo? I want it to get a Magikarp/Feebas kind of evolution that would make it into this graceful, powerful BEAST

What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

What would guys want to see for a Dunsparce evo? I want it to get a Magikarp/Feebas kind of evolution that would make it into this graceful, powerful BEAST
    That'd take away the fun of dunsparce. I want it to still look derpy.

-My younger brother

Hey everyone! I've been away from the forum for a while, so I hope no one has said this already, but I have an idea. What if you could only obtain a certain pokemon by breeding some very closely related pokemon together? As in, some pokemon are very similar in design (like two big cats, or two canines), but have different typings. So if you bred a Litleo to a Shinx, instead of getting a baby litleo/shinx, you got a brand new pokemon, a big cat that is Fire/Electric in typing. This could work for other lines, like Arcanine and Mityena, and others. They could make it like a 10% chance of getting the new pokemon, so you'd have to work it. They could even make it a pseudolegendary that isn't capable of breeding, kind of like a shout out to breeding a Lion with a Tiger, and getting an infertile Liger. Thoughts anyone??

On topic: I'd love a cerberus, and a houndoom evo just seems right to me. I wouldn't be opposed to a Fenrir or a dark/ghost Black Dog as someone mentioned waaaay back.
    Hey! I'm fairly new here, and I have no clue how to use this thing, so no fancy signature!

Favorite pokemon is Charizard (of course, haha), a close second being Jolteon. Aaaaand, that's it!

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    That'd take away the fun of dunsparce. I want it to still look derpy.
    Magikarp and Feebas were kinda derpy.....

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA100 View Post
    Hey everyone! I've been away from the forum for a while, so I hope no one has said this already, but I have an idea. What if you could only obtain a certain pokemon by breeding some very closely related pokemon together? As in, some pokemon are very similar in design (like two big cats, or two canines), but have different typings. So if you bred a Litleo to a Shinx, instead of getting a baby litleo/shinx, you got a brand new pokemon, a big cat that is Fire/Electric in typing. This could work for other lines, like Arcanine and Mityena, and others. They could make it like a 10% chance of getting the new pokemon, so you'd have to work it. They could even make it a pseudolegendary that isn't capable of breeding, kind of like a shout out to breeding a Lion with a Tiger, and getting an infertile Liger. Thoughts anyone??

I was thinking about the general concept of this a few months back. I like your idea with the infertile pseudo. But maybe there could be an item to allow breeding?

I'm not on much anymore...

i think a bred pseudo would be good. but I don't think giving it an item to breed would be a good idea. if anything it is rare but some can breed. to represent the very rare but very real chance of a hybrid being able to breed. as is the case with the liligar born recently half lion half liger. infact their is even a procedure for this event. when a hybrid becomes able to breed it is automatically declared its own species
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA100 View Post
    We haven't seen anything like that before in the games, and we've already seen ligers, mules, and grolar bears, so it'd be awesome if Game Freak decided to do this. It also falls within the theme of loving and caring for your Pokémon, as you would take care of the egg and try to hatch the Pokémon inside. It'd be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Skies View Post
    We haven't seen anything like that before in the games, and we've already seen ligers, mules, and grolar bears, so it'd be awesome if Game Freak decided to do this. It also falls within the theme of loving and caring for your Pokémon, as you would take care of the egg and try to hatch the Pokémon inside. It'd be great!
    Imagine how complicated they could actually get with that, too.

let's just say (for fun) that in order to get a super epic Psuedo legend, they go nuts with the cross-breeding thing. In order to get this crazy pokemon, though, you have to have:

Jynx + Ampharos = a new Two staged pokemon

Shiftry + Mienshao = another new Two staged pokemon

Then take the two resulting final forms from those and breed them together and then breed it with a Garchomp

And finally you get the epic Three staged psuedo legend for Generation 6 as a resulting poke-child!

I would feel like a mad scientist with all that happy-go-lucky cross breeding genetics. And the craziness would fit into the DNA helix theme of X and Y (assuming the DNA and Chromosomal theme is true).

EDIT: I edited the genetic lineage of my mad science experiment so that a pokemon from each generation was required in order to reach the final Pseudo legend of Awesomeness.
    Last edited by Bus; 2nd July 2013 at 4:51 AM.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

What's better than a Malamar?
    A Shiny Malamar!

Current Shinies:
    Malamar
    Dragalge
    Mr. Mime
    Carbink
    Sandslash
    Gyrados
    Horsea
    Haxorus
    Garchomp

Nintendo 3DS FC: 0447 5404 6118
    Safari Zone Element: Electric
    Emolga, Electabuzz, Zebstrika

Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    Imagine how complicated they could actually get with that, too.

let's just say (for fun) that in order to get a super epic Psuedo legend, they go nuts with the cross-breeding thing.
    Of course they wouldn't "go nuts" with the cross-breeding mechanic if they introduced it to the game. For one, there would be way too many Pokémon that could be created for the good of the game, and for another, it would be something that makes the Pokémon obtained this way unique from the rest.

Page 1547 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 5471447149715371543154415451546154715481549155015511557159716472547 ... LastLast