Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

  1. #45801
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R000 View Post
    A

    This makes me think that
    A. How will you get your starter? (can't travel without a Pokemon)
    or
    B. PokeBeach rumor is right about two Professors.
    I think the current implication is that Tierno gives you your starter. He's probably Sycamore's proxy, like Bianca was for Juniper in BW2.

    june_p5_02.jpg
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  2. #45802
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I think the current implication is that Tierno gives you your starter. He's probably Sycamore's proxy, like Bianca was for Juniper in BW2.

    june_p5_02.jpg
    So, the girl was asking for a Pokemon. There are five of you (counting the player). Which ones do you think will get starters? We already know that the player will. Who will your other two rivals be in your oppinion?
    My Favorites From Each Generation


    Gen I:


    Gen II:


    Gen III:


    Gen IV:


    Gen V:


    Gen VI (so far):
    Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Sylveon, Pancham, Pangoro, Talonflame, Noivern, Malimar, Xerneas, Yveltal, Megavolutions

  3. #45803
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    I think this is the wrong thread to discuss about Gameplay...
    Mega Masquerain [Bug/Water]with Prankster

    Make it happen GameFreak!!!!!

  4. #45804
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    I want a dragon type eevee , please GF make it happen
    OTP: NaruSaku,IchiRuki, NaLu, LuNa, EdWin, SatoKasu, TomoNagi

  5. #45805
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    I want a dragon type eevee , please GF make it happen
    That probably won't happen until 7th gen, A normal or Steel Eevee has a better chance
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


  6. #45806
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Why would steel has a better chance than dragon?
    Mega Masquerain [Bug/Water]with Prankster

    Make it happen GameFreak!!!!!

  7. #45807
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R000 View Post
    So, the girl was asking for a Pokemon. There are five of you (counting the player). Which ones do you think will get starters? We already know that the player will. Who will your other two rivals be in your oppinion?
    that would be the female/male char (depending on which gender you start as) for certain since they're likely to be the main rival, and Trevor since his aspiration is to complete the pokedex.

    Total: 575 W/285 L

    Aut inveniam viam aut faciam


        Spoiler:- Examples of my work:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasati
    "Run away? We could have ran away at any time we wanted, but would we find true freedom if we ran away from our problems? We may succeed in a temporary escape, but unless we grasp true victory by fighting we'd live in constant fear that our freedom might be taken again. It's meaningless unless freedom is earned through winning battles."

  8. #45808
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Even though there's only 3 starters, I'm sure everyone will get one (eventually, if they haven't already).

    But as to the specific three (including the player character), not sure. Seems like Shauna and Trevor would make sense.

    While Tierno and opposite gender character may already have theirs.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  9. #45809
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Republic City
    Posts
    2,470

    Default

    So that silhouette on the main page...hmmm...it's may or may not be about Pokemon as of the moment, but what do you guys think it could be?

    "the well known game, played all around the world, is about to be reborn thanks to a surprising collaboration".

    DIGIMON. :P
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

    International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

    X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

  10. #45810
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bardische View Post
    So that silhouette on the main page...hmmm...it's may or may not be about Pokemon as of the moment, but what do you guys think it could be?

    "the well known game, played all around the world, is about to be reborn thanks to a surprising collaboration".

    DIGIMON. :P
    Digimon just got two games released and one port in the last year.

  11. #45811
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Digimon just got two games released and one port in the last year.
    ...Monster Rancher?


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  12. #45812
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bardische View Post
    So that silhouette on the main page...hmmm...it's may or may not be about Pokemon as of the moment, but what do you guys think it could be?

    "the well known game, played all around the world, is about to be reborn thanks to a surprising collaboration".

    DIGIMON. :P
    It's clearly a Don't Talk About It and Because It's Not Confirmed To Be Pokemon crossover with special work from It's Not Even XY Related

  13. #45813
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    ...Monster Rancher?
    I actually have no idea it might not be a monster raising game at all.

    If they did help a monster raising series Digimon would be cool but like I said the series is not really death to be "reborn" this years its the 15th aniversary of Digimon, Adventure and Redigitize came out for PSP, Redigitize decode to 3DS, Colectors and Crusader for IOS and now Digimon fortune for PCs(card game).

    I would love if they brought back Digimon Story series with Gamefreak making it but I just find it hard, I'm going to guess its a Nintendo related series.

  14. #45814
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In a trailer... IN SPACE!
    Posts
    305

    Default

    did you guys see the newest drawing of orotto WPM just put up? It just screams grass and ghost to me
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

  15. #45815
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by absolfusion View Post
    did you guys see the newest drawing of orotto WPM just put up? It just screams grass and ghost to me
    Mine doesn't scream its just a picture jkg jkg

    Yeah we have discussed that, its either Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dark.

  16. #45816
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I actually have no idea it might not be a monster raising game at all.

    If they did help a monster raising series Digimon would be cool but like I said the series is not really death to be "reborn" this years its the 15th aniversary of Digimon, Adventure and Redigitize came out for PSP, Redigitize decode to 3DS, Colectors and Crusader for IOS and now Digimon fortune for PCs(card game).

    I would love if they brought back Digimon Story series with Gamefreak making it but I just find it hard, I'm going to guess its a Nintendo related series.
    True, I'm just kind of throwing hypotheticals out.

    And yeah, I'd love for it to be Digimon (particularly since they have a lot of choices to use and having GF behind them would help bring them out) but Digimon is doing decently, at the very least it's not dead. Monster Rancher however hasn't had anything since 2011 IIRC so that's why I suggested it and because it was a small part in the whole 'mon war in the 90's.

    As for the reviving franchises, it depends. What franchises are in need that GF could work on Nintendo or otherwise? Monster franchises come to mind first but GF is a bit more varied and can work with some other genres so I'm curious what they have in mind (though admittedly looking at the image, I'm thinking it's at least related to Mons).

    Anyway, back to the topic...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Mine doesn't scream its just a picture jkg jkg

    Yeah we have discussed that, its either Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dark.
    That's what I'm thinking as well, it's funny, we went from that recently disproven jack o' lantern to this with the (potentiall) same typing.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  17. #45817

    Default

    Grass/Ghost would be cool. I liked the Fire/Ghost combo we got last Gen. Hopefully Orotto does the same kind of justice to grass types that Chandelure does to fire.

  18. #45818
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,070

    Default

    People have isolated the picture and it seems to be an horse of some kinda, guys its a colaboration so its Gamefreak doing something in another game, its most likelly not a pokemon.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 19th July 2013 at 6:20 AM.

  19. #45819
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,606

    Default

    Right that was clearly too subtle

    Do not talk about the silhouette, period.

    It was posted on gamefreak's site, not the Pokemon one and at this point we have no reason to believe it's Pokemon-related at all.

    BUT BEYOND ALL OF THAT It is not realted to XY
    the game which this topic is about
    in the forum about XY

  20. #45820
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nobody from Nowhere
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Well, whatever it is it looks like a horse

    EDIT: oops mod ninja'd me my bad

  21. #45821
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Right that was clearly too subtle

    Do not talk about the silhouette, period.

    It was posted on gamefreak's site, not the Pokemon one and at this point we have no reason to believe it's Pokemon-related at all.

    BUT BEYOND ALL OF THAT It is not realted to XY
    the game which this topic is about
    in the forum about XY
    Just real quick.

    Under the assumption that it might very well be a new Pokemon and under that assumption, how is a new Pokemon NOT related to XY?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  22. #45822
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In Froakie's Bubbles
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Just real quick.

    Under the assumption that it might very well be a new Pokemon and under that assumption, how is a new Pokemon NOT related to XY?
    I was thinking this, maybe it is R_N? There is no proof it is/isn't a new Pokemon. It is 50/50 right now, becuase nothing points to it and say: YOURE NOT A POKEMON! Anymore than it does say: YOU ARE A POKEMON! So, yeah, I agree. It could quite easily be.

    Sorry if i came off as rude, i mean no disrespect.
    Last edited by _Sylveon_; 19th July 2013 at 7:22 AM.

  23. #45823
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Just real quick.

    Under the assumption that it might very well be a new Pokemon and under that assumption, how is a new Pokemon NOT related to XY?
    R_N said it's under the assumption that it's NOT pokemon related at all. and that's honestly pretty
    backed up by the fact that GameFreak's note says "a classic that will be reborn" or something along those lines. unless they decide to introduce a new pokemon in a game that I'm assuming is a remake (which I think sounds beyond unlikely) then there's really nothing to discuss.

    Not going to lie though, I'm anxious to know what this is and I'd love it if it was XY related but it wasn't even posted on a pokemon page so I doubt it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  24. #45824
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    R_N said it's under the assumption that it's NOT pokemon related at all. and that's honestly pretty
    backed up by the fact that GameFreak's note says "a classic that will be reborn" or something along those lines. unless they decide to introduce a new pokemon in a game that I'm assuming is a remake (which I think sounds beyond unlikely) then there's really nothing to discuss.

    Not going to lie though, I'm anxious to know what this is and I'd love it if it was XY related but it wasn't even posted on a pokemon page so I doubt it is.
    I just really question the logic, of revealing this now under the hype of 6th generation Pokemon, that hasn't even been released yet. Not even if it means this hypothetical new game comes out quickly right after Pokemon X and Y.

    And I was just asking a question: If this is a new Pokemon, which may have it's own role in a new game, and this hypothetical Pokemon is going to be in Pokemon X and Y, how would it not be related to X and Y.

    I think without taking any assumptions, it would've been better to say do not speculate on it, until we can confirm what it is for.

    Saying it's not related to XY, is suspect, since we can't even know that, since all we have is a silhouette and very ambiguous blurb, all being revealed in very illogical manner (during the hype for XY).

    And let's assume it is a new Pokemon, and there is a different game, did it not occur to anyone that this "new Pokemon" might just be included into this new game, just so it has some relevance to Pokemon just like how HarmoKnight had Pokemon themed levels on the basis of it being Gamefreak.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  25. #45825
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,606

    Default

    Reasons to assume it is a Pokemon: It was on GameFreak's website

    That is it.
    Not XY's website
    Not the general Pokemon website
    The wording for it is talking solely about a game played all over the world being reborn due to an unlikely collaboration with gamefreak
    Masuda hasn't even tweeted about it!
    No form of Pokemon-related advertising is going on here at all

    It is way better & safer to assume that it is not Pokemon for the time being

Page 1833 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 8331733178318231829183018311832183318341835183618371843188319332833 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •