Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    I know it's length but still it's a bit of a stretch to me
    How is 4' 11'' too much of a stretch....lol stretch.

I'm about a foot bigger than Dunsparce, Dunsparce is just a big Pokemon (if nearly 5 feet counts as big).

Onix, Lapras, Seviper, Kangaskhan, Tropius, Aerodactyl, Wailmer, Ekans, Dratini, Skarmory, Druddigon, and Bouffalant are all bigger than Dunsparce.

Hitmonlee, Scyther, Pinsir, Girafarig, and Heracross are of equal height.

So what's the problem here?

Hell Noctowl is 5' 03'', that's ONE big bird, for a fully evolved one.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 23rd July 2013 at 10:50 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

If we ever got a big Pokémon that got bigger, I'd hope for a bison of some sort.
    Maybe the size of an IRL Bison and then it becomes bigger than an ancient mammoth when it evolves.
    Normal typing too, since that'd be cool.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    If we ever got a big Pokémon that got bigger, I'd hope for a bison of some sort.
    Maybe the size of an IRL Bison and then it becomes bigger than an ancient mammoth when it evolves.
    Normal typing too, since that'd be cool.
    We have a normal bison.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    We have a normal bison.
    Unless the term Bison and Buffalo are interchangeable, no we don't.

Which it looks like it is.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

From the looks of this, I'd say we have a bison but not a buffalo... But you can decide...

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Bison_vs_Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

There's a difference between Buffalo and Bison.

Bison are animals.

Buffalo are the stuff of nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Unless the term Bison and Buffalo are interchangeable, no we don't.

Which it looks like it is.
    Sorry. Buffalo are more like water buffalo.

A Cape buffalo would be all right. Water?

^What? Cape buffalo are aggressive, but they're not that bad.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    From the looks of this, I'd say we have a bison but not a buffalo... But you can decide...

Yeah,Bouffalant does have a Hump one its back i believe
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Would be fun, but they wouldn't be eligible in the first place I don't think.
    Yeah, I just wish there were some exceptions to Sky Battles. Dustox, Venomoth, Beedrill, Shedninja, Golurk (all fly in the games), Gardevoir, Garchomp, Escavalied (all fly or levitate based on their dex description), Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Meloetta (all fly in the games), etc. should be able to participate, at least in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Sorry. Buffalo are more like water buffalo.

A Cape buffalo would be all right. Water?

^What? Cape buffalo are aggressive, but they're not that bad.
    I don't know what it's called, but I used to call it 'Buffobia'-which I ditched because it made me sound like I was scared of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which I love-but I'm scared of Buffalo.

I wouldn't mind a Bison though.

Bison, please.
    Since Kalos is based off of France Bison ould work since this source shows bison are found in Europe.
    Would Bouffalant be a Cape Buffalo by this source's description?
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilFruit View Post
    Bison, please.
    Since Kalos is based off of France Bison ould work since this source shows bison are found in Europe.
    Would Bouffalant be a Cape Buffalo by this source's description?
    All that matters is that it's evil. Bouffalant gives me the creeps 0_o

Maybe a Ground/Fighting Typed Bison!
    Maybe some ability that raises speed by two whenever its attacked, but has decent to poor defenses to balance it.

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Yeah, I just wish there were some exceptions to Sky Battles. Dustox, Venomoth, Beedrill, Shedninja, Golurk (all fly in the games), Gardevoir, Garchomp, Escavalied (all fly or levitate based on their dex description), Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Meloetta (all fly in the games), etc. should be able to participate, at least in my opinion.
    I'm hoping GF's rule for Sky Battles is basically any pokemon's 3D model that doesn't touch the floor is eligible for Sky Battles, but I don't think they'll be that kind
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Well some bison are called buffaloes while some buffaloes are called bisons.

So something is wrong here, I hate when people describe an animal using a different animal. Like if a turtle was somehow called a "Shelled Snake" or something. Gee thank you.

But I think Bouffalant can be considered both.

I'd like a true Mastodon however (change of topic). Mamoswine hardly qualifies especially with it's pig characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    All that matters is that it's evil. Bouffalant gives me the creeps 0_o
    Bouffalant was so cute in the anime though. It looks fierce, but in game Bouffalant was alright.
    And cool, Blackjack!
    I don't know about defenses though. Bison apparently have thick fur so Defenses should be high or at least good enough.
    No speed raising ability because that's overpowered.
    <Signature in Progress>

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    I'd like a true Mastodon however (change of topic). Mamoswine hardly qualifies especially with it's pig characteristics.
    It's a pig mammoth, not a mammoth nor a mastodon.

Maybe, Ice/Fighting.

Hey how about a Ground/Fighting Bison and an Ice/Fighting Mastodon? IIRC, Mastodons fossils were found in Europe so both Bison and Mastodons could work!

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    How is 4' 11'' too much of a stretch....lol stretch.

I'm about a foot bigger than Dunsparce, Dunsparce is just a big Pokemon (if nearly 5 feet counts as big).

Onix, Lapras, Seviper, Kangaskhan, Tropius, Aerodactyl, Wailmer, Ekans, Dratini, Skarmory, Druddigon, and Bouffalant are all bigger than Dunsparce.

Hitmonlee, Scyther, Pinsir, Girafarig, and Heracross are of equal height.

So what's the problem here?

Hell Noctowl is 5' 03'', that's ONE big bird, for a fully evolved one.
    It was intended as a pun sorry if it was misinterpreted, after other saying about length i can understand it

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Anyone who wants to argue Pokemon logic/evolutions vs height/weight needs to take a good hard look at the sizes of, say, any of the birds to actual animals. None of them should actually be able to fly, since the largest bird on the planet is the Wandering Albatross, which weighs a fraction of fully evolved bird Pokemon and needs a running start down a hill to get off the ground at all. Evolutions all look more complete and, following that logic, Fletchling straight into Talonflame doesn't make any sense. It's too big a style jump in my head. (Before anyone says anything, Spearow, Cubchoo, etc have a bit more detail than Fletchling, meaning the jump isn't that big STYLE WISE to me. Also Tailow wouldn't apply as a counter-argument because Swellow is a close-in-style, bigger version.)

On the topic of what we want to see, I'm hoping the fossils this go around are either dinosaurs (maybe a Stegosaur/Kentosaur and Allosaur/Tyrannosaur) or a Smilodon and Mammoth. Mamoswine doesn't do it for me as far as a mammoth goes.

-hides under her lurking rock again-
    3DS Friend Code: 3711-7404-4720

Kanto to Kalos, the journey marches on~

Lv. 100 Club // Shinies
    //
    Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle View Post
    You are "personally offended" by something a video game company has done? Did a swarm of electric rodents kill your family?

It's a pig mammoth, not a mammoth nor a mastodon.
    Well according to google, there's really no such thing as a Pig Mammoth.

But is it that hard to say it's a combination of a woolly mammoth and a pig (or maybe something more vague like Suidae)

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    I'm hoping GF's rule for Sky Battles is basically any pokemon's 3D model that doesn't touch the floor is eligible for Sky Battles, but I don't think they'll be that kind
    Me either! And it'd still leave out a lot of Pokemon. I mean we know that Golurk doesn't have a flying standby animation, yet it can learn fly. Same goes for Escavalier, Garchomo, and Gardevoir! They all fly in their descriptions, but they can't do the same in the game because they don't have Levitate or Flying.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    Well according to google, there's really no such thing as a Pig Mammoth.
    Actually I think it's more of a giant boar. You can't see the ears, but I think it's an Ice typed boar.

Still a Mastodon would be cool. Maybe a fossil?

Actually I think it's more of a giant boar. You can't see the ears, but I think it's an Ice typed boar.

You know, I neve thought about Mamoswine like that. I always thought it was supposed to be the third fossil from Sinnoh since it was a wooly mammoth, but since it's just a boar, its family can't be from a fossil. Mamoswine was the best in the Sinnoh League Victors saga in the anime, so if a mastadon comes along in sixth gen I hope it's awesome in game and in the anime.
    <Signature in Progress>

Sure....I guess, Gamefreak could've given liberties to the design of it.

Meh, I don't like the idea of fossil Pokemon automatically being rock types plus whatever else.

I mean because they are fossil Pokemon it makes sense, but you can't really tell me that Pokemon like Archeops, or Craydily would be rock types, it looks too weird, but sure, somehow they were always rock types, and that's why they can become a fossil.

But nah, if anything I want a non fossil mastodon, that's found in some ice cave of some kind that was recently dug into and run into some ice type. Rock/Ice wouldn't be too bad neither would Ice/Rock, but I don't like the implications.

It would be interesting to have the Mastodon be ice/dark or something like that.

Besides, I'm still waiting for some other dinosaur creatures fossil. I seriously want a grass/steel or rock/steel Ankylosaurus fossil Pokemon. Torterra is close, I'll give them that, but at the same time, I want a huge metal spike ball end of tail Ankylosaurus. Grass type because the Ankylosaurus was an Herbivore, but a rock/steel Ankylosaurus would be cool as well.

Would be really nice to see if it is possible to have a non rock fossil Pokemon. But I'm not too pressed.

According to the pokemon x and y website Talonflame is said to attack with devastating kicks. This may mean that Talonflame may get double kick or even Blaze kick or even Hi Jump Kick, however I am hoping that Talonflame gets Close Combat because that would just give it good coverage on its Fire and Flying STAB. Also since Talonflame learns Brave Bird, I will be very surprised if it doesn't learn Flare Blitz.

Page 1893 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 8931793184318831889189018911892189318941895189618971903194319932893 ... LastLast