Page 231 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1311812212272282292302312322332342352412813311231 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Well there is technically at most only 100 brand new Pokemon.

I'm pretty sure there's a lot less this generation.
    What are you even talking about. Please don't try and pass off your baseless opinions as fact :/

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    I'll quote myself again, I don't want those ideas to be lost in the wave of new speculation posts, so please, give them some attention, lol.

As to a comment someone made about how in the pic, the new Eeveelutions teeth are showing, there's a couple other types that may make sense if you focus on that trait, Poison or Ghost. Cute but deceptively venomous or spiritual.
    Mmmm this is a good idea, with the new Eeveelution being able to manipulate the air/wind, and fits with the fact that the Eeveelutions adapt to their environment. Also the in-battle screenshot looks like it's concentrating as if manipulating the air, almost.

As for the teeth, correct me if I'm wrong but haven't other Eeveelutions had their teeth out previously? I could see the ribbons and all being worked into some Ghost-type backstory but I think Flying is the most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by elfrings View Post
    I suspect Ninfia will be a bug-type evolution. My first reason was the "bows" on it look a bit like small butterflies, and it sort of looks like it has a few "feelers". But then also "ninfu" is romaji for "nymph"... which could be a bug reference.
    Or it could be a faerie reference, making it likely a normal-type evolution, which would probably be the last thing I think anyone would expect. lol
    My third thought is that it could be short for ninja... possibly making it a fighting-type.
    (Without anything to back it up, my impulse reaction is that maybe it's a dragon-type evolution.)
    For all we know, though, perhaps they're adding a whole new type to the 6th generation? Maybe it'll be a "light"-type... and it's English name would be Neon? lol

But right now, my primary thought is that it will be a bug-type and the English name will be Nympheon.

Something about it reminds me of Milotic....
    Now I'm leaning more toward the likelihood it's a normal type of the fae persuasion, like the Clef-s and -iggly-s.... They're all pinkish... it has ears similar to Wigglytuff and Clefable... and then there's the Ninf/Nymph name connection.... Perhaps this is considered the "pure" evolution of Eevee... and it evolves this way when placed in a vacuum, separated from all other elemental influences...? lol *shrugs*
    The flowing "limbs" could easily be representative of wind... (and look a little like those wind-animated, arm-waving, attention-grabbing things some stores put outside on windy days. lol) So Flying type also seems possible.

For all we know, it could be a poison type....

There ARE going to be more pages right? >_>

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post

The reason is mainly as someone posted a little while back that Ninfia uses the same first japanese symbols as for the word Nymph, and since it looks nymph-like. I don't really agree with your reason against it, since...what kids are thinking about nymphomaniacs?
    Parents would flip though and we all know how parents can effect Pokemon. Most normal American parents seeing "Nympheon" would think Nympho and not Greek Nymph. They gotta cover all based with names.

The arrow also points from Eevee to Nympheon's behind.

Sorry, I just thought that looked funny suddenly.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Yeah, you make sense as Eevee is basically unstable matter, not something that genderbends.

A Poison Type does make sense, and the colors are the colors of Poison Type too.

If it becomes Poison though, it might be some kind of accidental evolution by the way Eevee is related to DNA and how Poison is portrayed in the games.

(Oh, and Eevee is the DNA Pokémon. Guess what the theme is for Gen VI?)
    I totally agree, if it does end up being poison, GF managed to find a way to make it deceptive, cute. As to the evolution method, I thought that as a possibility to. They were messing with it in a lab, and it was exposed to chemicals/etc, and that lead to it evolving somehow.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    I don't think it would be restricted all that much. It can propel itself in the air for long periods of time, maybe like Tails from the Sonic games, or float using it's ribbons. It has access to air based attacks, can use attacks that manipulate the surrounding aerial plane, sound based attacks wouldn't be that hard to pull off.
    Sound-based moves tend to be more shouting or making noises with the mouth rather than manipulating air. It'd have, what, Supersonic, and not much else from that department.

Wasn't the rumoured Saint (Light) type said to be resistant to Dragon? In that case, making this one a Light type and a second Eeveelution a Dragon type would fit perfectly with the whole Eevee patern (a duo in the generation in which they're introduced, and one being stronger than the other). Not saying this is plausible, but my pants would get a lot tighter if this came into fruition (in a completely non-sexual manner, of course).
    Last edited by G_Major; 12th February 2013 at 9:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry12 View Post
    If they introduced "light" type would they incorporate it into older gen pokemon as Steel did in 2nd gen. If so who would become "light" If my guess was accurate I would say alot of normal types eg, Blissey Clefairy. It's weakness would be dark and vice versa but what else. This makes me think that they won't introduce It would just screw the metagame over introducing a new type
    Precisely....we realy don't need a light type...or any new type for that matter. If they introduce a new type; that said "new" type would be put in to deminish another type from being to powerful. Currently we don't have that problem.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Here's my theory for the Japanese name. It seems to have gotten overlooked in my original really long post.

"Nin" in Japanese is either used as a counter for people (San-Nin, Yo-nin, Go-Nin) or as the beginning of Ninjutsu/Ninpo which means stealth, secrecy, endurance, perseverance, and patience, the latter three being debatable characteristics of something that would be considered "light."

Taking possible meaning even further, with Nin being a counter for people one could argue that it's meaning in Ninfia's name could be one that provides light to people, or people being of light and not dark, a theme black and white 2 touched on a little bit. It's a stretch but it points a lot more toward a light type than it does a flying, bug, or dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    What are you even talking about. Please don't try and pass off your baseless opinions as fact :/
    What the hell are you talking about?

I want there to be 250 brand new Pokemon.

I'm just regurgitating what other people have said.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post

Mmmm this is a good idea, with the new Eeveelution being able to manipulate the air/wind, and fits with the fact that the Eeveelutions adapt to their environment. Also the in-battle screenshot looks like it's concentrating as if manipulating the air, almost.

As for the teeth, correct me if I'm wrong but haven't other Eeveelutions had their teeth out previously? I could see the ribbons and all being worked into some Ghost-type backstory but I think Flying is the most likely.
    I don't know if they've shown their teeth in pics like that or not, I just saw his post, and the ideas starting coming to me, for tying in with Poison or Ghost, lol. I still lean towards Flying the most, but I can see and wouldn't be surprised if it went anyone one of about 5 or 6 singular types.

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

What we have here is a sparkling Eevee with fangs.... TWILIGHTEON
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

why. why did they not tell us the typing and doom us to another month or more of completely useless light type speculation. can't we speculate based on a type it is actually going to end up being?? PLEASE??

Themes such as endurance, perseverance, and patience often manifest themselves in Fighting-type Pokemon. A Light-type would be redundant when we already have Psychic and Fighting.

And I still don't think Game Freak will break the pattern of the Eeveelutions being all special types, past pattern breaking precedents or not.

I don't really like Ninfia, but I think it will be a new type. Why else would they keep the type secret? They also kept the types of Xerneas and Yveltal secret and I could imagine Ninfia and Xerneas being Light-type.

Pokémon Link is back!

Forget all the EV, EXP or whatever formulae, the most important and fundamental equation in the world of Pokémon is the following:

Games =/= Anime

I claimed

Quote Originally Posted by divinepanda View Post
    Parents would flip though and we all know how parents can effect Pokemon. Most normal American parents seeing "Nympheon" would think Nympho and not Greek Nymph. They gotta cover all based with names.
    Um, Jynx and Umbreon's Japanese name, Blackie, disagree.

Spoiler:- My Badge Case:

Quote Originally Posted by Cryochronic View Post
    Um, Jynx and Umbreon's Japanese name, Blackie, disagree.
    which then got localized into names that were innocuous

which was his point about Nymphia; it'll get a new name with a different root

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore.com View Post
    why. why did they not tell us the typing and doom us to another month or more of completely useless light type speculation. can't we speculate based on a type it is actually going to end up being?? PLEASE??
    When you have proof that that's not what it will become, post it, until then, that Light type speculation has been going on for nearly a decade, you're not going to stop it, lol. I don't think that's the direction this Eeveelution will go, but they've kept its type, as well as the two legendarys' types a secret for some currently unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Major View Post
    Wasn't the rumoured Saint (Light) type said to be resistant to Dragon? In that case, making this one a Light type and a second Eeveelution a Dragon type would fit perfectly with the whole Eevee patern (a duo in the generation in which they're introduced, and one being stronger than the other). Not saying this is plausible, but my pants would get a lot tighter if this came into fruition (in a completely non-sexual manner, of course).
    My theory again since it was on the bottom of the last page.

I would like to know where the idea of a bug type is coming from? O_o There is absolutely nothing bug-like about this Pokemon.

Also, adding to my theory, this would fit in with the whole "special types only" pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Themes such as endurance, perseverance, and patience often manifest themselves in Fighting-type Pokemon. A Light-type would be redundant when we already have Psychic and Fighting.
    It wouldn't be anything like Psychic or Fighting though. Make Flash, Heal Bell (or something similar), Aurora Beam light type moves and make it predominately Energy based. No moves that induce stats being lowered or ailments and specialize in boosts and buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by divinepanda View Post
    Here's my theory for the Japanese name. It seems to have gotten overlooked in my original really long post.

"Nin" in Japanese is either used as a counter for people (San-Nin, Yo-nin, Go-Nin) or as the beginning of Ninjutsu/Ninpo which means stealth, secrecy, endurance, perseverance, and patience, the latter three being debatable characteristics of something that would be considered "light."

Taking possible meaning even further, with Nin being a counter for people one could argue that it's meaning in Ninfia's name could be one that provides light to people, or people being of light and not dark, a theme black and white 2 touched on a little bit. It's a stretch but it points a lot more toward a light type than it does a flying, bug, or dragon.
    Okay. I'm staying off this thread for a while....people are ridiculous with this new light type crap....
    It sure enough happens EVERY gen... someone just HAS to bring it up.... *rolls eyes*
    Shoot People thought that Reshiram was going to be a light type! Why? Because he was white....
    Ridiculous, really rediculous....
    Duce duce my peeps.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore.com View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't really mind it if Ninfia turned out to be a Light-type. I don't actively support the speculation, but I don't think that a Light-type to be totally abhorrent or anything. What annoys me is that so many people mistakenly think that there should be a Light-type just because there's a Dark-type, even though the Dark-type isn't at all related to darkness. If they introduced a Light-type, then realistically, it wouldn't be because of the Dark-type. It'd be because they wanted to introduce a new type. I suppose you could say that the Light-typers would be right for the wrong reasons and the people like me would be wrong for the right reasons.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks that Ninfia looks like an evolution of Victini?

Pokémon Link is back!

Forget all the EV, EXP or whatever formulae, the most important and fundamental equation in the world of Pokémon is the following:

Games =/= Anime

I claimed

Page 231 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1311812212272282292302312322332342352412813311231 ... LastLast