Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    PokéBeach lists it as Meowstick, so I went with that. And the rumour says Espurr evolves into Meowstick, so I just assumed it's the last stage, thus wondering what kind of Pokémon Espurr will be.
    Marriland puts the name as Nyaonix ...
    I don't like the name Meowstick (that's so strange)...
    And I liked it better, since Nyao is like Meow in Japanese (close pronunciation).
    We already have a pokémon wich name have Meow...
    Another pokémon without relationship would seen confusing and strange

Quote Originally Posted by jake279 View Post
    Pink Cat - I don't know what this is as there's no mention of it by Serebii, just a pic of it's face. Again, it's not great. Sigh.
    I don't the pink cat is related to pokémon. I think it's either related to a different manga or anime, or it's just something they placed on the cover

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Still no Oorotoo though xD poor thing.
    Thinking about it, it's really funny. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I don't the pink cat is related to pokémon. I think it's either related to a different manga or anime, or it's just something they placed on the cover
    Ahhh ok. Fair enough. I'm glad it's not tbh
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

Ok, so here we go:

Chigorasu - Loooovveee this! Exactly what I wanted. Cannot wait to see it's evolution!
    Amarusu - Looks so wierd at first glance, but at the same time I LOVE IT! Looks cute, and love the typing. Like all fossil Pokémon, expect it to evolve into a bigger version of itself and more intimidating.
    Nyaonikusu - Love, Love Love. Both formes. Being someone who loves Espeon, a fellow Psychic feline is something I'm happy about. If this is Meowstick, then I can't wait to see it's pre-evo, and if it's Espurr, I cannot wait to see it's evo!
    Torimian - I think I'll like it's other formes more than it's 'untrimmed' forme. Eh, it's alright. Can't see it evolving, but maybe a pre-evo before it?
    Teerunaa - Only made me want Fennekin more. I'm definitely expecting it to turn into a witch at this point. Thinking Psychic, Dark or Fairy secondary typing at final evolution.
    Gerogashira - It's definitely an improvement of Froakie imo. Sleek and gives off a good vibe in the artwork. Thinking Fighting, Dark or even possibly Flying secondary typing at final evolution.
    Hariboogu - While it's my least favourite second stage, it's still looking cute as ever. Unfortunately I'm worried for it's final evolution, which I think will become secondary Ground, Rock, or Dark typing.

Overall
    Think this might be my favourite issue of the bunch. All of them (bar Poodle, Froakie Sr. and Fat Chespin) have a spot on my team at some point for sure.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by shideravan View Post
    Marriland puts the name as Nyaonix ...
    I don't like the name Meowstick (that's so strange)...
    And I liked it better, since Nyao is like Meow in Japanese (close pronunciation).
    We already have a pokémon wich name have Meow...
    Another pokémon without relationship would seen confusing and strange
    I much rather esspur and meow stick or meowth and persian

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Disappointed that there isn't a llama. If I were to use Torimian I would keep it shaggy to resemble a llama. Very happy with Froakie's evo. I've planned on using Froakie from the beginning so I'm not disappointed. Chespin's evo looks too much like Pignite to me. It's basic profile is pretty much the same. I'm with everyone else and hoping it is more of a cocoon stage and it breaks out of its shell and becomes slimmer. Fennekin's evo looks a little look lanky for me. I was expecting a bipedal evo for it so I'm interested in where it goes after this. I love the fossils. I want both really bad. But I think for my ingame team I'll be using the T-Rex. I like the cats. I'm a big fan of gender differences and I was disappointed in last gen with the lack of them. I'm hoping that we get a bunch more this gen.

3DS FC: 1950-8136-0088

Wonder what the big secret is behind that tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Edit: Ah, the Psychic-types.. I thought you meant the cats.. Liepard was pretty fast in that regard..

Gonna have a really hard time picking a team this time around.. With the starters being flung over our ears (Kalos, Kanto and Torchic) and other pokemon being epic as well. These are my favourites!
    - Froakie
    - Chespin, still even after the GrassNite-reveal...
    - Litleo
    - Honedge
    - Skrelp
    - Pangoro
    - Talonflame
    - Swirlix, very much anticipating its evolution.
    - Ooroto
    - Bunnelby's expected evolution
    - "Alpoodle": WHATATWIST! :O
    - And quite frankly, both Fossils.

No favorites in the Bug-type yet. This is getting tough tough.
    My main team is getting pretty well shaped atm.
    Froakie, Litleo, Noivern, Goronda, T-Rex fossil is sure for now. Still don't know about Malamar though, I might wait for the Pseudo-Legendary. Back-ups will be pleasant surprises. Talonflame is probably one of them, because I think Noivern will be late game, unless it will get a pre evo.
    For my second playthrough, I have no idea at all.. Fennekin & Sylveon are a given atm probably Clauncher for a surfer unless other surfers that appeal more to me will pop up Malamar comes in mind here too if I don't use him in my first playthrough (don't like 2 of the same Pokémon in my 2 games). The rest will probably be a pleasant surprise, even for me lol.

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    "A Pokémon is just as strong as his trainer" -- Sarefan

What's with the stick coming out of the Fennekin evo's tail. It just looks so awkward and unnecessary. Do you think it will actually turn into a witch and it's tail/stick will be a broom? I'm not a fan of that idea at all but I can see it happening
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

erm which cat is male? i can't even tell!
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    I think it's the white one. The eyes of the blue one look girlish to me while whe white are more male like.

Current Status Sarefan:

• Training with Kyael

I am suprised at Oorotto still not being revealed. I'd expect it to turn up at some point though pre-release, I mean there is still a month to go after CoroCoro, and I highly doubt we won't get anymore.

Kind of sad to say no more CoroCoro's until the games now. I mean, once the games are out people will be talking about the games for sure, but then they're isn't those continuous months of news and excitement. But at the same time, just a month to go!

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Male is Blue.

I'm really glad that the ''llama'' is the poodle that people expected. This makes me happy coz I feel like Swirlix won't become one now. Loads of people wanted Swirlix to be a poodle but I have always been against the idea. I wan't it to stay as just a giant Candy Floss creature, it's more unique imo.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarefan View Post
    I think it's the white one. The eyes of the blue one look girlish to me while whe white are more male like.
    Awkward. The black/blue one is male and the white is female. So serebii says anyway.
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

Since Steel never resist Dark and Ghost, Metagross will sure have a hard time. What do you think?

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

Awkward. The black one is male and the white is female. So serebii says anyway.
    Oh. My bad then. But the just by looking at the eyes, they seem the other way around lol. Doesn't matter because I won't use them anyways.

Current Status Sarefan:

• Training with Kyael

Wow. I'm literally speechless. I wasn't expecting any of this at all!
    Love the dinos- so cute! And Rock/Dragon T-rex definitely has a spot on my team. My team is now Fennekin, Noivern and him! XD
    The cats- amazing. Both of them. (Though I think I like the female more)
    We were wrong about the llama guys XD sorry to everyone who was bashed for saying it looked like a dog!
    The starter Evos- I wish fennekin had stayed quadrupedal, but I think it looks okay Froakie's evo is AMAZING- has a James Bond feel He was my least favorite, and now I can actually respect him. And Chespin's... GTFO. Obesity affects us all, everyone. I hope chespin decides to get his life together and lose that 200 pounds he gained.
    So all in all, I'm extremely pleased now I must go study for my anatomy test, but today is still a pretty great day!
    Hey! I'm fairly new here, and I have no clue how to use this thing, so no fancy signature!

Favorite pokemon is Charizard (of course, haha), a close second being Jolteon. Aaaaand, that's it!

What's with the stick coming out of the Fennekin evo's tail. It just looks so awkward and unnecessary. Do you think it will actually turn into a witch and it's tail/stick will be a broom? I'm not a fan of that idea at all but I can see it happening
    I'd be really into that. And I disagree, that little twig is really what makes that design as awesome as it is for me. It's rare for me to like a middle stage as much as I like Fennekin2.
    Pokemon X Team:

And so far as we know, every single Fossil Pokemon is a rock type. Either that's some sort of amazing coincidence, or Pokemon really do become part rock type when they're fossilized.
    Alternatively, only those ancient Pokemon which happened to be rock type (and so more likely to end up fossilized in a rock or somesuch?) are the only ones found from fossils (thus far, anyways). You do get cases of say dragonflies in real life also being fossilised, but yanmega already has that sort of look too.

I quite like these fossil pokemon, especially the T-rex one. Up high on my like list, that one.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Fennekin evo looking like a humanshape is kinda disappointing...

Fine. I have not really done this, but I know that if I try responding to anyone else, my post will be repeatedly ninja'd :P.

Hariboogu-eh....not much into this guy. It seems too....spherical for me. Of course I may (probably) will end up trying it though. As for its evolution's possible typing, ground or rock seems quite plausible.
    Teerunaa-I love this guy. Although I preferred that Fennekin stay quadrupedal, I like this guy. Yes, I do keep saying that. The twig/branch/broomstick in its tail seems a bit off, but....yeah, I still like this guy. As for typing, I still say eventual fire/psychic, but it could end up part fairy for all I know.
    Gerogashira-A slim evolution of Froakie? Yes, please. This is basically what I wanted for this guy. I like its face and collar, as well as its feet. As for its eventual typing....this one seems slightly harder for me. Flying or Fighting maybe?
    Chigorasu-I like the concept, but I doubt I will really use it much, especially with its like six weaknesses. But who knows, I may end up using it in my first (few, or one) playthrough(s). Of course a true T-Rex pokemon sounds quite interesting. I also like its ability.
    Amarusu-two x4 weaknesses? No thank you. But still, I like its ability and concept as well and may very well end up trying it. Who knows? It may end up having great stats. But I will probably stay away from it near the beginning.
    Torimian-I liked it from Pokémon Direct, and I suppose I like it now. Of course I can see a situation arising....another hard normal type gym leader that uses this (especially concerning its ability, reducing damage from physical attacks....). But yes, I still like it. And a customizable appearance? Explain Please....But it sounds good.
    Nyaonikusu-Like some guy said (by now, waaaay) above me, a psychic feline sounds quite like Espeon. And I like the notion. As for the gender differences, I like the idea. One supporter and one attacker? I can see this working well. But yes, I like this guy (or I suppose, these two).
    MegaMewtwo X-eh, sure, why not. I can see it countering dark types quite well. (I could have seen it having justified, but steadfast works I guess).
    MegaGarchomp-oh dear god....Like I said when the notion came up back like a month ago....oh dear god....Especially in sandstorm teams....But I love my Garchomp, and I cannot wait to see how its MegaEvolution ends up (hopefully well).

Fairy Type Strengths/Weaknesses: I suppose I like its weaknesses, but its strengths? Not really. Of course I am sure that I will come around to them quickly. (Good thing I already decided to redo my team when Fairy Type for first announced. My poor Hydreigon..........). I have not really used fighting types, but I do use fighting type moves a lot. I suppose that will not really change now....And immunity to dragon? Eh, why not I suppose....I can always counter that.

So yeah, these are some of my opinions. And this post will probably be like at least a page after I began typing this post. Yep.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-Gen VI
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 150+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

It's too bad that Amarusu is likely to be a slow Pokemon, because its typing is awful defensively, but it has some serious damage dealing potential because of its ability.

Quote Originally Posted by blue8arman View Post
    Since Steel never resist Dark and Ghost, Metagross will sure have a hard time. What do you think?
    Dark and Ghost attacks aren't exactly common (The former especially now that Fairy is discouraging their usage even further), nor are they unpredictable, so it's just going have to switch out more often in response to the wider array of Pokemon that can revenge KO it.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 11th September 2013 at 1:51 PM.

the Ice/Rock fossil pokemon looks like Dink the little dinosaur.

"It lists two fossil Pokémon, Chigorasu (チゴラス) which is Rock/Dragon T-Rex which has a new ability 'Hard Jaw' that increases attack power of biting moves and knows Crunch, and Amarusu (アマルス) which is Rock/Ice Diplodocus which has a new ability called Freeze Skin which turns Normal type moves into Ice-type moves and raises their power. It knows Aurora Beam

There is a white dog called Torimian (トリミアン) which is the Pokémon from the Pokémon Direct and is a Normal-type It has a new ability called Fure Coat which reduces Physical Damage. You can also customise its appearance

Finally, the Psychic-type cat called Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) which has male and female appearances. Male is on the right, Female is on the left in the third picture below. movepool varies by gender. The male is more of a supporter while the female is more of an attacker with, female Nyaonikusu knowing Extrasensory and male knowing Miracle Eye. It has Keen Eye or Infiltrator"
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

Page 2345 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 13452245229523352341234223432344234523462347234823492355239524453345 ... LastLast