Page 243 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1431932332392402412422432442452462472532933431243 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    After thinking for a while...

Aren't nymphs some kind of spirits?

Maybe Nympheon is a Ghost-type? Also, its eyes look rather scary to me.
    If it was a Ghost-type, I'd be the happiest girl in the world.

Where's Gin when you need her?

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    I hate to say this but this ninfia cries LIGHT type...
    I think we can narrow it down to:

Fighting-It looks cute but deceptive, and it looks like a graceful, young female warrior that CANKICKYOUR*SS!

Poison-I do agree it'd go w/ cute but deceptive, but personally I just... I just doen'tn scream eevo

Light-Does look fairly light...

Enough on types! I've putting money on the fact it'll have serene grace or regenerator!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I think they might reveal something in the Movie Page...anyone else agree
    Uh, I think thatbwould be mostly about Genesect, Mewtwo, and the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    I hate to say this but this ninfia cries LIGHT type...
    Just gonna stress it out for everybody else.
    The LIGHT being referred here is something related to GOOD, KINDNESS, HAPPINESS, WONDERFUL EMOTIONS, FEELINGS, CUTENESS, WONDERFUL THOUGHTS, etc.... Not the electromagnetic waves.

DARK-TYPE in Japan is EVIL-TYPE, not dark as in 'absence of visual light'.

Future speculators. Please put that in your heads.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Just reposting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    Anyway I thought I'd compile some of the main arguments I've seen being tossed around, let me know if I've missed anything:

Flying-type
    + Lightest Eeveelution
    + Ribbons look as if they're being blown by the wind
    + Ribbons and eyes look like aviator scarves and goggles
    + The move it is using in the screenshot looks like it features leaves or feathers (although as mentioned by Amanchu this might just be the evolution screen)
    ~ May not actually be able to fly (though it has rather large ears...) but may be Flying-type as it may possess the ability to manipulate/control the wind (as sort of seen in the screenshot of it using a move, if it's actually using a move)

Poison/Ghost-type
    + Only Eeveelution shown with teeth in the left-hand side page
    + Deceptively cute appearance could be used to its advantage if it were a Poison- or Ghost-type, allowing it to gain the element of surprise (and hence adapt?)

Normal-type
    + Looks fairly regular, doesn't have any features which are commonly associated with certain types
    ~ Could be Eevee's natural evolution, instead of the evolutions which come about due to its DNA instability/adapting to environment

Light-type
    + Insisting on keeping Ninfia's type a secret

edit 1: Good point Amanchu, that screenshot where it looks like Ninfia is using a move might just be the evolution screen, which could explain the closed eyes
    edit 2: added Light-type section
    Just let me know if there's anything else that needs to be added.

I think I missed the whole "Ninfia is a Light-type" debate so the only thing I can think of regarding it being a Light-type is the fact that they're insisting on keeping its type a secret. What were the other main reasons?
    Last edited by Zhanton; 12th February 2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Took out the largely irrelevant part at the top of the quoted text.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I agree, they wont only reveal the names. they might say something about mewtwo.
    I heard a 6th Gen Pokemon might appear in the movie..

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post

Fighting-It looks cute but deceptive, and it looks like a graceful, young female warrior that CANKICKYOUR*SS!

Poison-I do agree it'd go w/ cute but deceptive, but personally I just... I just doen'tn scream eevo

Enough on types! I've putting money on the fact it'll have serene grace or regenerator!
    I put my money on intimidate, coz, we are dealing with troll freak here

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post

Ghost also makes sense due to eyes, colors, and same reasoning as Poison.

Steel because of the attack it uses, it's eyes, and color.

I still think Light and Fighting make no sense. Plus, Normal and Flyin are far more commonly specualted than Fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I put my money on intimidate, coz, we are dealing with troll freak here
    True, true. Since eevee learns Shadow Ball already, and of this thing is Fighting w/ Shadow Ball and Serene Grace.... Ugh, RIP careless psychic types.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    Just reposting this.

Just let me know if there's anything else that needs to be added.

I think I missed the whole "Ninfia is a Light-type" debate so the only thing I can think of regarding it being a Light-type is the fact that they're insisting on keeping its type a secret. What were the other main reasons?
    For Poison Type, it could have to do eith the DNA theme that occurs in the gen, with a Poison Pe possibly representing residue/"wrong" DNA.

Sigh...you know, the only thing that pisses me off more about this whole ''Light/Sound Type'' debate are the same handful of Users logging in to minimod everyone who does as much as agrees with the idea, even sporting sigs tailored to the task.

Watch the Admins take notice and post a new rule banning its mere mention, long before summer hits-- I sure would if I were one. People are free to think as they please...let them think what they want, for the good of all of us ''innocents'' just logging in to have a good time. Whether we do get new types or not is not that big a deal, and it's DEFINITELY no reason to run from thread to thread starting this nonsense; intentional or otherwise. This is not Youtube. (Great; now I sound like a minimod... IT NEVUR ENDZ, I TIELLZ YUH.)

So far, a couple of XY threads I've run into drag this same argument in one form or another, largely with ''somewhat'' new users casually bringing it up only to be shut down by the same small, but very vocal, minority involved (with few exceptions). Stop it before ''someone important'' sniffs it out, and ruins it for all of us. Come on, we're more mature than this-- and I seriously doubt all of us are really kids behind Serebii's avatars.

As for the new Eeveelution...Its sort of meh, to me--looks a bit too much like Victini. Despite that, Sugimori's seriously getting good at creating 'mons these days since we are, once again, staring at a pokemon tailored with no forseeable Type in mind than Normal. And that's saying something-- Eeveelutions are usually known for mimicking thier Types in appearance.

I originally assumed the final Eeveelution would be Dragon due to an obvious trend the other 'lutions shared, but this is totally unexpected for me. Is it Fighting? That one screenshot looked suspiciously similar to Superpower...and as we all know, most (underscore most) Eeveelutions' movepools are tightly woven around thier type.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

Quote Originally Posted by GatedSunOne View Post
    Sigh...you know, the only thing that pisses me off more about this whole ''Light/Sound Type'' debate are the same handful of Users logging in to minimod everyone who does as much as agrees with the idea, even sporting sigs tailored to the task.

Watch the Admins take notice and post a new rule banning its mere mention, long before summer hits-- I sure would if I were one. People are free to think as they please...let them think what they want, for the good of all of us ''innocents'' just logging in to have a good time. Whether we do get new types or not is not that big a deal, and it's DEFINITELY no reason to run from thread to thread starting this nonsense; intentional or otherwise. This is not Youtube. (Great; now I sound like a minimod... IT NEVUR ENDZ, I TIELLZ YUH.)

So far, a couple of XY threads I've run into drag this same argument in one form or another, largely with ''somewhat'' new users casually bringing it up only to be shut down by the same small, but very vocal, minority involved (with few exceptions). Stop it before ''someone important'' sniffs it out, and ruins it for all of us. Come on, we're more mature than this-- and I seriously doubt all of us are really kids behind Serebii's avatars.

As for the new Eeveelution...Its sort of meh, to me--looks a bit too much like Victini. Despite that, Sugimori's seriously getting good at creating 'mons these days since we are, once again, staring at a pokemon tailored with no forseeable Type in mind than Normal. And that's saying something-- Eeveelutions are usually known for mimicking thier Types in appearance.

I originally assumed the final Eeveelution would be Dragon due to an obvious trend the other 'lutions shared, but this is totally unexpected for me. Is it Fighting? That one screenshot looked suspiciously similar to Superpower...and as we all know, most (underscore most) Eeveelutions' movepools are tightly woven around thier type.
    SOUND ALREADY EXISTS.

Anyway, we wouldn't have the problem if it wsn't brought up.

And Light would make sense, if it wasn't that those users represent it as opposite of Dark, which is the EVIL type. If it wasn't, I would pkay with it.

I am pretty sure it's flying...

Okay... I think I'm decided on it being most likely a Flying type. With the Ninf- (nymph) name, I suspect it will fall into the fairy egg type. I could imagine its evolution occurring if it levels up in a particularly windy or lofty location - or maybe they'll introduce some new type of stone or other evolution item. Maybe it'll only be able to evolve in the Dream World? *shrugs* I get the impression they've come up with some new and unique means for this one.
    Anyway, yeah... so much now points at air being its element, to me. Some forms of nymphs are depicted as being winged... so that fits. And when I look at the fluidity of its shape, I envision clouds and mists at sunset or sunrise, kite streamers, blue skies for eyes.........

......goodgodI'mgoingtobed......
    Last edited by elfrings; 12th February 2013 at 12:32 PM.

How many pages is the Pokemon Section in CoroCoro usually? Cause the Rumble U scan is only one page, not a double. So if we usually get 4 or 5 pages, there should be more.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

I think this isn't the last of the scans.
    Ninfia and the Eevees are basically promoting the Pikachu-short for the Genesect/Mewtwo movie.

The legendaries and the starters are present in the cover.
    I think we've yet to see the dedicated pages for Pokemon XY.
    No point of putting them in the cover if you can't even find them in any section of the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Ninfia and the Eevees are basically promoting the Pikachu-short for the Genesect/Mewtwo movie.

No point of putting them in the cover if you can't even find them in any section of the magazine.

My thoughts exactly

Also
    Is ninfia's name for definite? Weird the way it doesn't end in eon

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    It's definite in Japanese, which is why it doesn't end in -eon, just like Leafeon and Glaceon's Japanese names.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

My thoughts exactly

Also
    Ninfia is the Japanese name.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post

I agree but i think we will have to wait 4-5 Hours to find out all the information CoroCoro has

Celestial Nymphs, Water Nymphs, Land Nymphs, Plant Nymphs and Underworld Nymph. Guess water is vaporeon, plant is leafeon, land could be jolteon, espeon and glaceon and underworld could be umbreon. Guessing we have'nt had celestial and it means sky objects so it could possibly be flying maybe, i don't really know

My thoughts exactly

Also
    It's just its Japanese name
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

It looks like:

Victini: fire/psychic...both done.
    Milotic: Water...done (but I can see it evolving the same way as feebas)

Type suggestions:

- Normal: it looks like a audino/chansey pokémon center helper pokémon.
    - Dragon: The flaps with the blue and pink and maybe the teeth...I dunno about this
    - Poison: the teeth, and she looks like a clever survival girl.
    - Ghost: just maybe because of the eyes and the teeth...but i don't think so
    - Light: it's shining in the pick...and it looks like a angel like pokémon...don't shoot me I want to live a little longer
    - Flying: it can use his/her flaps for propellers
    Last edited by PKMN KING; 12th February 2013 at 12:32 PM.
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    It's definite in Japanese, which is why it doesn't end in -eon, just like Leafeon and Glaceon's Japanese names.
    Ahh I see, so it will probably be something like ninfeon

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

We also have gotten PK Smash which in my opinion will Reveal Ninifia's type and show gameplay footage of her battling a Pokemon

Page 243 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1431932332392402412422432442452462472532933431243 ... LastLast