Page 325 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 2252753153213223233243253263273283293353754251325 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    it would be really cool if he had a split evo
    and i don't think castform will evolve either he was a gimmick and used mainly to introduce the new mechanics in weather
    If castform ever did get an evolution, it could follow a similar trait to the suduwoodo idea above. It would be aesthetic though and his evolution would change his form to different cloud types depending on the weather.
    FC: 2793-1148-2460

it would be really cool if he had a split evo
    and i don't think castform will evolve either he was a gimmick and used mainly to introduce the new mechanics in weather
    It's a shame, I love the idea of Castform :/
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

Problem with that is, well, Sudowoodo isn't a tree, he's made of rock. Why would a rock become a tree all of a sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    If Ninfia is normal, which it will be, then the other eeveelution could be fighting type anyways. So at least we can all agree on that.
    Well, excu-use me, princess. I think people have made some valid points pointing to it being flying type. Honestly, we can't definitively say that it's a normal type. Or any type. In fact, it being normal type doesn't really make much sense to me, I'm afraid. Eevee was introduced in Gen 1 to give the player access to a strong pokemon of a type they may not have. That sort of continued in Gen II, when the player gets Eevee right around Morty's gym. Basically, what I'm trying to get at is that Eevee exists so that the player can try out using pokemon of many types in a really low risk environment, because despite the differences in the evolution tree, they all handle in a similar way (granted, some are offensively minded, some are defensive, some special some physical) but they all are versatile pokemon that can capitalize on diverse movepools. Not to mention that they're very popular, and will allow the player some experience using pokemon of the type of the eeveelution.

For a while, I wasn't too keen on dark types (this is back in the early days of Gen IV, mind you). Don't ask me why, I liked how they looked, but I just couldn't get a handle on them. Then, I used Umbreon and saw how much of an absolute monster it could be and started giving other members of that type a chance. Eevee is a gateway pokemon that allows players a lot of choice on what type they want to work into their team at the moment of its evolution. Because yeah, it's a big conscious decision what Eevee turns into. I just don't see it turning into a normal type when the point of it is to introduce the player to other type options.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    It's a shame, I love the idea of Castform :/
    but if he did evolve it would be because they introduce some huge new mechanics to existing weather
    in which case i would be excited for an evo for him

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    Problem with that is, well, Sudowoodo isn't a tree, he's made of rock. Why would a rock become a tree all of a sudden?
    Petrified wood. He could have been a tree at some point. Sudo = Psuedo. Just because he looks like a tree doesn't mean he is. He would still be a rock but mimic a mature tree still.

Quote Originally Posted by anderdan View Post
    Petrified wood. He could have been a tree at some point. Sudo = Psuedo. Just because he looks like a tree doesn't mean he is. He would still be a rock but mimic a mature tree still.
    ahhhh thank you for making this point
    it gives me more hope that sudowoodo will evolve into a grass/rock
    if he evolves at all but i really hope he does

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    If Ninfia is normal, which it will be, then the other eeveelution could be fighting type anyways. So at least we can all agree on that.
    Although I love this<3...... you don't know that.... "so there"

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    Well if you wanna get technical. Sudowoodo is actually Petrified Wood. But w.e.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

but if he did evolve it would be because they introduce some huge new mechanics to existing weather
    in which case i would be excited for an evo for him
    4 MORE WEATHER TYPES...

Tornado - Creates a heavy wind that damages all non flying/dragon types (flying type, looks like big cloud)
    Thunderstorm - A combination of using Rain Dance, then another move that powers up all electric type moves, gives them a 100% hit rate, and higher critical hit ratio (electric type, lightning bold durrounded by a cloud in the centre)
    Meteor Shower - Increases the power of Rock Types, damages ground and fire types (rock, big rock)
    Sandstorm (not new) - Makes castform ground... why is this not there already?

The Dream Team:

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

ahhhh thank you for making this point
    it gives me more hope that sudowoodo will evolve into a grass/rock
    if he evolves at all but i really hope he does
    It's feasible. He's not one of my favorites but I would still like to see him become a tree. We can hope at least.

4 MORE WEATHER TYPES...

Tornado - Creates a heavy wind that damages all non flying/dragon types (flying type, looks like big cloud)
    Thunderstorm - A combination of using Rain Dance, then another move that powers up all electric type moves, gives them a 100% hit rate, and higher critical hit ratio (electric type, lightning bold durrounded by a cloud in the centre)
    Meteor Shower - Increases the power of Rock Types, damages ground and fire types (rock, big rock)
    Sandstorm (not new) - Makes castform ground... why is this not there already?
    replace thunderstorm with acid rain and i like it

And i love this chess pokemon concept http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOhNQBtHurQ

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post

And i love this chess pokemon concept http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOhNQBtHurQ
    I'm glad. Acid rain could work, damages all non-posion and steel pokemon, doube damage to grass and water.

The Dream Team:

I'm glad. Acid rain could work, damages all non-posion and steel pokemon, doube damage to grass and water.
    Acid rain could be a great weather addition for poison types. They do seem to need a little love after all.

Well, I'm late to the party/haven't done a thing on here in years. But Ninfia, at least to me, could evolve through use of the Prism Scale. The colors are highly similar, maybe GF decided that items that only evolve one thing are pointless and want to branch out. Hope I haven't said something already mentioned. If I have, my bad, sorry for the annoyance.
    F/Cs:
    White ????-????-???? This is my main game
    Black ????-????-???? I am training all Unova Pokemon through this game, halfway through the Unova dex.

Diamond: 4640-3678-4967
    Platinum: 3996-5119-3608
    SoulSilver: 2665-4954-5460
    HeartGold: ????-????-????

I will gladly breed physical sweepers for people now that I have a real grasp of breeding. My Ditto, 31 IVs in Attack and Speed is great at its job, and I have yet to hear a complaint from it.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomRubberDuck View Post
    Well, I'm late to the party/haven't done a thing on here in years. But Ninfia, at least to me, could evolve through use of the Prism Scale. The colors are highly similar, maybe GF decided that items that only evolve one thing are pointless and want to branch out. Hope I haven't said something already mentioned. If I have, my bad, sorry for the annoyance.
    Yeah not happening. If the method existed in the past it won't be used in the future unless its a simple trade Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Umm...guys, I already said we have Pawniard and Bisharp. They're both based on chess pieces...
    Nope.

It's more as the superhero rather than chess. The name in japanese is more revealing in the origin. It's Shogi, which is a similar yet different game.
    Last edited by Ungoliath; 14th February 2013 at 2:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post

oh god yes
    an acid rain would give poison types the niche they deserve!
    i would use poison types so much more often

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Nope.

It's more as the superhero rather than chess. The name in japanese is more revealing in the origin.
    I think its both heroes and chess but mostly chess. Especially with names derived from the chess pieces: pawn and bishop.

My heart will be at rest when Audino gets an evo and pre evo just like the Igglybuff, Cleffa, and Happiny lines

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Nope.

It's more as the superhero rather than chess. The name in japanese is more revealing in the origin. It's Shogi, which is a similar yet different game.
    BISHarP BISHoP- PAWNiard PAWN.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by jdmi012 View Post
    My heart will be at rest when Audino gets an evo and pre evo just like the Igglybuff, Cleffa, and Happiny lines
    that would be great
    eviolite audino would be an awesome cleric

I always thought acid rain was a cool idea for weather! B)
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    BISHarP BISHoP- PAWNiard PAWN.
    You should know by now that English names are kinda misleading. I mean...Dark type. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by anderdan View Post
    I think its both heroes and chess but mostly chess. Especially with names derived from the chess pieces: pawn and bishop.
    Yes, but it's more based on superheroes rather than chess pieces.

That's why I want a classical chess Pokemon. An European one.

the japanese names do suggest that bisharp and pawniard are in fact based on heroes
    next subject: should they get a branched evo?
    yes i think the idea of a branched evo is fantastic for king/queen
    king being defensive while queen is offensive

the japanese names do suggest that bisharp and pawniard are in fact based on heroes
    next subject: should they get a branched evo?
    yes i think the idea of a branched evo is fantastic for king/queen
    king being defensive while queen is offensive
    No they don't. They refer to the blades on them.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Page 325 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 2252753153213223233243253263273283293353754251325 ... LastLast