Page 333 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 2332833233293303313323333343353363373433834331333 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

I don't think its a coincidence they are doing a direct just before corocoro's release this month. They will probably gives us the English name of Ninfia and some gameplay footage. I think that's about it.
    Is this worldwide or only in US ? If its not in Japan, then we can assume that the news will be about Ninfia and nothing else.
    Last edited by carboncopy; 14th February 2013 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I don't think its a coincidence they are doing a direct just before corocoro's release this month. They will probably gives us the English name of Ninfia and some gameplay footage. I think that's about it.
    Is this worldwide or only in US ? If its not in Japan, then we can assume that the news will be about Ninfia and nothing else.
    Yeah that's what I'm expecting.
    I'm also REALLY HOPING they can put an end to some rumored like character customization, a simple yes or no.

Its world wide m just like the one that released x and y

Its also on 3ds games, not just Pokemon x and y
    So I'm not expecting much.
    Last edited by adamfitz; 14th February 2013 at 12:48 PM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    It's a simultaneous worldwide Nintendo Direct.

Okay, so Ninfia is now called Sylveon. That pretty much cements the idea of it being a Flying-type in my mind

EDIT: And as you guys can now see, my mind uses very weak cement.
    Last edited by Endolise; 14th February 2013 at 1:28 PM.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

why flying type? the prefix syl means togetherness or a fusion. i feel like this almost confirms a normal type evolution to represent all the others as well.

SO official ENglish name has just been revealed, Ninfia is now Sylveon!

I can see the root in Sylph in there. A Sylph is a wind Sprite. It has to Flying!

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore.com View Post
    why flying type? the prefix syl means togetherness or a fusion. i feel like this almost confirms a normal type evolution to represent all the others as well.
    It reminds me of "sylph," but you make a good point too.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    i have never heard of such a thing. but syl is a common prefix meaning togetherness.

Same. Most likely Sylveon is going to be a Flying type in my opinion. Looked like that to me in the first place.

Yea, you do have a good point Sunnyshore, but togetherness can also represent the sky, as everything that's in the air is together, and a fusion between all of the different gases that make up the air we breath, so that narrows it down to Normal and Flying.

Credit to EG for Banner.

I don't think it's a Flying type, there's nothing that suggests that.

I think it's Normal type.

"sylvan" roughly means "from the woods", "associated with the woods/forest". So it's likely a Bug type.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore.com View Post
    i have never heard of such a thing. but syl is a common prefix meaning togetherness.
    Sylphs are mythical air elementals; I think the Sylph Co. is named after them. Either way, after factoring in what you said, I'd say that there's now a 50/50 chance of it being either a Normal-type or a Flying-type.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

It might come from Sylph...>.>yeah...so,it might be Flying type.Although,they haven't shown it using any Flying type moves,only the regular ones:Swift,Giga Impact,Trump Card and what else?

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I don't think it's a Flying type, there's nothing that suggests that.

I think it's Normal type.
    Indeed. I'm still googling 'sylv' and trying to decipher it.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Maybe it is indeed a Normal type and it's the strongest Eeveelution.

Sylphs are mythical air elementals; I think the Sylph Co. is named after them. Either way, going by what you said, I'd now say that there's a 50/50 chance of it being either a Normal-type or a Flying-type.
    Except the fact it's clearly the only new Eevee, and the promo stuff for it suggest a leader and a togetherness of Eevees.

I bet it's normal. If it's flying, I'll stop posting for awhile.
    White FC: 2966 7825 9106

Everytime I look up the word "sylv" I get definitions pertaining to trees or forests. Hmm this is confusing. :/

According to Wikipedia (and Final Fantasy; if you play the older FFs you know all Sylph like monsters (as well as the summon) are wind elements)
    Sylph (Sylphid)
    Creature
    Grouping Mythological
    Sub grouping Air spirit, Elementa

So why not Sylpheon? Why Sylveon?

It doesn't have to be that way.

Yeah and Wikipedia also says "Sylphs are winged air elements or fairies. They ride the wind, flying high with eagles, Sylphs are female and are almost transparent. They're slender and graceful, with large glistening eyes." I'm almost positive Sylveon is Flying now.

Well, all eeveelutions were created to be balanced in some way. Vaporeon has excellent HP and SPecial side, but it's Physical side and speed counter-balance it. Jolteon's fast and frail, and so forth. So Sylveon still will be balanced.

Anyways it's more than likely a Flying-type. This eliminates fighting from it's original speculated types, and that's a good thing.

@Janovy, as Slypheon would be way to obvious.

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by mudkipzz View Post
    Except the fact it's clearly the only new Eevee, and the promo stuff for it suggest a leader and a togetherness of Eevees.

I bet it's normal. If it's flying, I'll stop posting for awhile.
    I didn't discount that possibility; I'd be perfectly happy with a Normal-type "true" Eeveelution.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

The way the attacks is performed and the way the opponent gets damaged in the trailer for Sylfeon is amazing!!!!! Cant wait for the other trailers to get released!

btw some of the attacks looks new to me :L
    lol

A little disappointed in Sylveon, I was really hoping for a dragon or poison type eeveelution. Or at least something better than the last two :/ It is rather adorable though.

I don't know where the heck you people are getting flying and bug from o_O just look at its design! It's clearly a normal type. It has bows and ribbons and is similar in design choices to other 'cute' normal types such as skitty/delicatty. Why would it be a flying type? How would it fly, exactly? It has no wings, and I'm not expecting it to have rocket boots like golurk. Not to mention, the prefix in its name is sylv- NOT sylph-
    Last edited by Golden_Charmander; 14th February 2013 at 1:28 PM.

Page 333 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 2332833233293303313323333343353363373433834331333 ... LastLast