Page 336 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 2362863263323333343353363373383393403463864361336 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Lanturn88 View Post
    Sylvia (Silvia) is a female Latin name. Considering that this region looks like it might be in Latin Europe (Europe/France/Italy/Romania/Spain/Portugal).. I'd give my guess to saying this is some sort of gender based evolution... as much as I wanted to deny it. Makes me wonder if we will get a male version then.

This supports it if we take Ninfia and make it Nymph (Greek female deity thingy) .. What do you guys think?
    This seems to hold some merit only because I've seen in a new eeveelution poster thing that now there is an orange "hidden character/letter" along with the pink (bow) one that was revealed to be Sylveon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

I think the moves it used are:
    -Superpower
    -Trump Card
    -Aura Sphere
    -Swift

Yeah, I'm rooting for fighting type.
    IGN: Lune | [Y]
    FC: 0275-8872-8562
    FS: [FIGHTING]: Mankey, Sawk & Riolu
    #666: Jungle

another gender-based evolution it seems, similar to froslass and gallade.
    Pokemon Y - Ash - FC: 5284-1497-3877

Its french name is nymphali so it should be flying type

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    So, Sylveon eh? I kinda like it, it has a nice ring to it. What the hell wast that card attack though?
    Trump Card...Eevee learns it at a high level.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

there's two reasons its being kept secret. 1) its a normal type to represent all eeveelutions or 2) its flying type and its supposed to surprise us when it jumps up and flies around

so yeah, surely one or the other. i'd just PREFER normal type, but eh!

Is anyone expecting something in this direct ? I expected at least game footage. After all, x/y must be the most anticipated games or the 3ds this year.

Was that swift that I saw?

Maybe Sylveon can learn elemental attacks that the other eevelutions can learn like Thunderbolt and Flamethrower,or Leaf Blade etc.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Maybe Sylveon can learn elemental attacks that the other eevelutions can learn like Thunderbolt and Flamethrower,or Leaf Blade etc.
    Maybe as Normal type, but it shouldn't be able to learn those as Flying type.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Is anyone expecting something in this direct ? I expected at least game footage. After all, x/y must be the most anticipated games or the 3ds this year.
    I'm not expecting anything Pokémon-related, but I'm watching it anyway on the off-chance that there is something.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore.com View Post
    there's two reasons its being kept secret. 1) its a normal type to represent all eeveelutions or 2) its flying type and its supposed to surprise us when it jumps up and flies around

so yeah, surely one or the other. i'd just PREFER normal type, but eh!
    I don't want Sylveon to be a Normal type because it seems definitive that there would be no more Eeveelutions IMO. But then again, I doubt there will be all 17 types of Eeveelutions anyway.

Sylveon, eh? The prefix 'syl-' means 'together', and Sylveon's German name 'Feelinara' is derived from 'fee', meaning 'fairy'.

I also think the first attack it used looked more like a Fire-type attack than something like Superpower. Perhaps it's a Normal type (bows and ribbons pointing to an Eevee that evolves in a domesticated environment perhaps?) that represents all Eeveelutions and can use different types of attacks?

edit: basically what sunyshore.com said

Sylveon? Nice. Like a common woman's name Sylvia. It's got to be a female only Pokemon or the discussion of gender-confused Pokemon is gonna escalate this year

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

sylveon will probably be fighting type due to the resemblance to mienshao, but i didnt rally like the design (i mean as an eeveelution...)
    Last edited by cc_aussie; 14th February 2013 at 3:09 PM.

Its always felt like a flying type or normal type to me, and with eevee being a normal type already, I'm saying Sylveon is flying type. Plus I've always thought a new normal eeveelution would end up looking a lot more like a grown up eevee than what we've got with Sylveon...

Based on the design, which you have to admit is quite feminine, I'd say there will be another eeveelution in gen 6 with a more masculine design. This could cover any of the remaining types not used (rock, ground, poison, steel, bug, etc), and would be a new method of evolving eevee... Maybe when it reaches a specific level based on gender it evolves into the new eeveelution? Or maybe there's an area in the new region that promotes feminity, and one that promotes masculinity... like the Pokemon Musicals and Challenger Rock in Unova?

Friend Safari: Grass - Oddish, Ivysaur, Quilladin My Friend Code is 0447-5871-8128

X team: Greninja, Pelipper, Gardevoir, Pangoro, Tyrantrum, Xerneas

White Team: Heart Gold Team: Ruby/ Emerald Legends!:

Well I'm watching the direct, and so far its about luigi.

Hoping to get some new Pokemon
    Doubting it tho

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    This seems to hold some merit only because I've seen in a new eeveelution poster thing that now there is an orange "hidden character/letter" along with the pink (bow) one that was revealed to be Sylveon.
    I'm intrigued, especially since orange is kind of related to ground types. Got a source?

Shiny Banner

Current Hunt: Thundurus ~ White ~ Soft Reset
    Most Recent Shiny: Unown I ~ HeartGold ~ Random Encounter ~ 4130 Encounters

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Well I'm watching the direct, and so far its about luigi.

Hoping to get some new Pokemon
    Doubting it tho
    Same here I need Pokemon !! I hope Masuda comes to the direct just like how Shigeru has come
    Anyway, y cant sylveon be dual typed ?

In Latin Sylve means Forest or Orchard.....but we already have a grass type so it's typing is up in the air for me

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Quote Originally Posted by ash_siddiq View Post
    another gender-based evolution it seems, similar to froslass and gallade.
    A lot of the Eevee evolutions are pretty feminine. And none of them are female only. Just because this one is pink, it doesn't mean it's going to be any different.

I don't know about you, but that first move definitely looks like a Fire-type move to me, and there'd be no reason for a Flying-type Eeveelution to be able to use a Fire-type move.

- Sylveon: Syl- prefix means 'together'
    - German name derived from German word for fairy
    - Ribbons and bows --> Eevee evolving to adapt to a domesticated environment
    - Can use Fire-type attacks

Putting these together, I think the most likely thing is Sylveon is a Normal-type Eeveelution which represents the different Eeveelutions and can use attacks of many different types.

Gaaah!!!! Luigi direct o.0

Quote Originally Posted by mudkipzz View Post
    Except the fact it's clearly the only new Eevee, and the promo stuff for it suggest a leader and a togetherness of Eevees.

I bet it's normal. If it's flying, I'll stop posting for awhile.
    I'm still not content with either.. -.- It just feels really weird..

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore.com View Post
    for all fairy supporters, according to serebii joe, "@JoeMerrick: @denkimouse German name is Feelinara, Fee being fairy and French it's Nymphali"

still rooting for normal type! it would make everything about this out of place eeveelution make sense.
    I don't see why it would make sense.. Eeveelutions evolve into something different then the Normal-type..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Corroded Arceus View Post
    I'm intrigued, especially since orange is kind of related to ground types. Got a source?
    I am interested in the poster too...

Anyone else really dubious that Sylveon's evolution is gender realted? Considering the only evidence is that it looks feminine, that is very weak evidence.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Page 336 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 2362863263323333343353363373383393403463864361336 ... LastLast