Page 373 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 2733233633693703713723733743753763773834234731373 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,325 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

  1. #9301
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hailstorm Metagross View Post
    Maybe Sylveon is GF's way of introducing pure flying types?I know we have Tornadus(and Arceus if you count forms.)but as far as non-legendaries go,we dont have any.Actually if you look at Tornadus he looks more like a wind type pokemon than a flying type,so if Sylveon is flying,it would rely on a different method of flight.Also,It could be a Normal type.Maybe,if its Normal,Its meant to look more like the average normal type pokemon hence the pink.(Audino,Blissey,Miltank,Clefable,Wiglytuff.Ju st to name a few.)Although if its normal goes,I dont see where the name comes from.Just some theories.
    Hum, I guess...

    Though I still like to believeit is a Ghost, Poison, or Steel type, because of it's coloring, Eyes, and because the shown moves tend to be learnable by these types (if they are what I think they are, Giga Impact, and Dark Pulse)

  2. #9302
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canal Fulton, OH
    Posts
    3,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Hum, I guess...

    Though I still like to believeit is a Ghost, Poison, or Steel type, because of it's coloring, Eyes, and because the shown moves tend to be learnable by these types (if they are what I think they are, Giga Impact, and Dark Pulse)
    Ghost and Poison make sense to me, but Steel still doesn't connect. I just don't see where anyone can make that connection

    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

    This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

  3. #9303
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    Ghost and Poison make sense to me, but Steel still doesn't connect. I just don't see where anyone can make that connection
    For some reason, jewelry comes to mind....

  4. #9304
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canal Fulton, OH
    Posts
    3,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NevermeltIce View Post
    For some reason, jewelry comes to mind....
    If you say so, but that's not what I think of, assuming you mean the bows and ribbons. I get the feeling this Pokemon is meant to be deceptive, that that is part of its adaptivity, and that's why Ghost and Poison make sense to me.

    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

    This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

  5. #9305
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    Ghost and Poison make sense to me, but Steel still doesn't connect. I just don't see where anyone can make that connection
    The decptivity. To be Deceptive does not mean one needs to be Poison or Dead, and as a Steel Type, it should have the neccesary defense go last if it were attacked after being found out, essentially as a double barrier.

  6. #9306
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    It think everyone may be over thinking it on sylveon.

    -----

    Who would like a storke as the regional bird?


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  7. #9307
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    It think everyone may be over thinking it on sylveon.

    -----

    Who would like a storke as the regional bird?
    Well, not me.

    Rather have a Dark/Flying Raven.


    I would like a Stork a as Chansey like Pokémon though, being really rare, but having insane HP. But being Flying Typed.

  8. #9308
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Who would like a storke as the regional bird?
    I would love to see a woodpecker as the regional bird. Or a two stage Flamingo.

  9. #9309
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ankara, Turkey
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Sylveon:

    - Sylph (also called sylphid) is a mythological creature in the Western tradition. The term originates in Paracelsus, who describes sylphs as invisible beings of the air, his elementals of air.

    - Is the lightest eeveelution, because it needs to be in the air.

    - It is a kite

    - Japanese air hostesses wear bows.

    - It doesn't need wings, Shaymin-S is an example of this

    Flying type!
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #9310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    Sylveon:

    - Sylph (also called sylphid) is a mythological creature in the Western tradition. The term originates in Paracelsus, who describes sylphs as invisible beings of the air, his elementals of air.

    - Is the lightest eeveelution, because it needs to be in the air.

    - It is a kite

    - Japanese air hostesses wear bows.

    - It doesn't need wings, Shaymin-S is an example of this

    Flying type!
    Now I'm convinced!
    90% chance it is a flying type imho.

    I have claimed the Pigs!


    Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

  11. #9311
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Cannot believe some of you think this Sylveon is ghost type
    COME ON it is pink has ribbons and scarf all over.
    Let's look at our small family of ghost type pokemon in the past(I will list only final evo):
    Gengar,Bennete, Sableye, Drifblim, Mismagius,Dusknoir,Froslass,Giratina, Golurk, Chandelure,Cofagrigus, Jellicent
    All of them apart from Jellicent(I read somewhere in the first project it was supposed to be pure water) have devilish look, with dark colour scheme NOT pink bowties and ribbons
    Just because eevee hasn't evolved into ghost type yet doesn't mean it should be even taken into consideration

    Anyway I hope for ice saber tooth with icicles instead of teeth. Cloud pokemon would be cool as a pure flying, and a flying /ghost which would be a skeleton of a dead bird. Also a griffin pokemon is something I am looking forward to for at least 4 gen

  12. #9312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    Or they simply placed them in the order they were released, as in the original evos at the top, second gen evos in the mid and so forth.
    Although it is true that they ARE arranged in the order of release date and generation, but the Jolteon/Sylveon theory soes make some sense...
    Quote Originally Posted by aerial_ace View Post
    Cannot believe some of you think this Sylveon is ghost type
    COME ON it is pink has ribbons and scarf all over.
    Let's look at our small family of ghost type pokemon in the past(I will list only final evo):
    Gengar,Bennete, Sableye, Drifblim, Mismagius,Dusknoir,Froslass,Giratina, Golurk, Chandelure,Cofagrigus, Jellicent
    All of them apart from Jellicent(I read somewhere in the first project it was supposed to be pure water) have devilish look, with dark colour scheme NOT pink bowties and ribbons
    Just because eevee hasn't evolved into ghost type yet doesn't mean it should be even taken into consideration

    Anyway I hope for ice saber tooth with icicles instead of teeth. Cloud pokemon would be cool as a pure flying, and a flying /ghost which would be a skeleton of a dead bird. Also a griffin pokemon is something I am looking forward to for at least 4 gen
    Ghost/Flying has been done with those odd-looking Drifloon/Drifblim, but they are mainly Ghost. Flying/Ghost with Flying as the primary type would be great, but all dual-typed Flying Pokémon have it as a secondary. Hope GameFreak break the mold this time around. I don't really like Cloud Pokémon but all right. i really hope they put in an Ice/Fighting type Yeti, losing its weakness to Flying. An Ice/Fire type would also be nice. And i want some really great Dinosaurs like Cranidos and Rampardos and Aerodactyl. Those were some true Dinos.
    Last edited by RzK; 15th February 2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Merged double-post.

    I have claimed the Pigs!


    Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

  13. #9313
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    774

    Default

    I think Sylveon is a Bug-type. I mean the name Sylveon makes me think about the move Silver Wind, which is a Bug-type move. Also Sylveon has butterfly like ribbons on its body and Sylveon's main color is yellowish (and pink). Yellow is the color of Electric and Bug-type

  14. #9314
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post


    Ghost/Flying has been done with those odd-looking Drifloon/Drifblim, but they are mainly Ghost. Flying/Ghost with Flying as the primary type would be great, but all dual-typed Flying Pokémon have it as a secondary. Hope GameFreak break the mold this time around. I don't really like Cloud Pokémon but all right. i really hope they put in an Ice/Fighting type Yeti, losing its weakness to Flying. An Ice/Fire type would also be nice. And i want some really great Dinosaurs like Cranidos and Rampardos and Aerodactyl. Those were some true Dinos.
    Drifloon/Driftblim were one of the biggest disappointment in history of pokemon for me. When I heard about new type combo ghost/flying I was so excited because these two are my favourite types(plus grass) and then I saw this balloon thing....
    I thing cloud pokemon has potential, I would like it to look like those claudians from Yugioh from series 2
    I'm not sure how they could pull ice/fire off I mean fire melts ice

  15. #9315
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtukker View Post
    I think Sylveon is a Bug-type. I mean the name Sylveon makes me think about the move Silver Wind, which is a Bug-type move. Also Sylveon has butterfly like ribbons on its body and Sylveon's main color is yellowish (and pink). Yellow is the color of Electric and Bug-type
    I'm all for the Bug-type theory, but I have to admit that your argument lacks a bit in credibility. The Sylv- sticks out to me as well, but because it harkens Sylvania (woods or forrest), which is where we find a number of bug-types within the games. Conversely, Syl- as a prefix means together, which might be a hint at the generation itself (though I'm torn on the type/evolution method it could suggest). As for how it harkens to Gen VI:
    First generation when all the games will be released internationally and not months apart.
    X and Y could be a suggestion to genetics, which requires unity of two halves of DNA in order to even begin forming.
    I had something else, but I'm honestly drawing a blank here XD.
    Another clue that Syl- could be more of a together hint at Sylveon is that the English name was revealed on Valentine's Day, which is symbolic of romantic togetherness.
    But as I said, I have no clue where they would be going type-wise aside from maybe Normal IF that is their intention. It could play off of gender as I've seen mentioned a few times.

    As for the yellow coloring. I think either you or I need to adjust our TV sets because I don't see a hint of yellow being the main color. It is pinker than a Jigglypuff at the bubblegum factory from my screen.

    Also, this is my first post on these forums after stalking Serebii for about a million years now. ^^ Hi

  16. #9316
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    Sylveon:

    - Sylph (also called sylphid) is a mythological creature in the Western tradition. The term originates in Paracelsus, who describes sylphs as invisible beings of the air, his elementals of air.

    - Is the lightest eeveelution, because it needs to be in the air.

    - It is a kite

    - Japanese air hostesses wear bows.

    - It doesn't need wings, Shaymin-S is an example of this

    Flying type!

    I think its flying
    And I never thought of air hostess, the do commonly wear boxes or the scarf tied Ina bow.


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  17. #9317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    Sylveon:

    - Sylph (also called sylphid) is a mythological creature in the Western tradition. The term originates in Paracelsus, who describes sylphs as invisible beings of the air, his elementals of air.

    - Is the lightest eeveelution, because it needs to be in the air.

    - It is a kite

    - Japanese air hostesses wear bows.

    - It doesn't need wings, Shaymin-S is an example of this

    Flying type!
    Remember saying about the similarities to Shaymin's Sky forme when it was first revealed a couple of days back. The points about the name and the Japanese air hostesses are interesting. Definitely strengthens the argument for it being Flying type.
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

  18. #9318
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Bravely Default Flying Fairy (3DS game)

    FLYING!

    My 3DS games:

    - Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

  19. #9319
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    Sylveon:

    - Sylph (also called sylphid) is a mythological creature in the Western tradition. The term originates in Paracelsus, who describes sylphs as invisible beings of the air, his elementals of air.

    - Is the lightest eeveelution, because it needs to be in the air.

    - It is a kite

    - Japanese air hostesses wear bows.

    - It doesn't need wings, Shaymin-S is an example of this

    Flying type!
    I agree. At this point I can only see it being flying or possibly a new type. You have given me enough evidence to think flying is the best choice out of the current 17 types.

    Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

    Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

  20. #9320
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,206

    Default

    I still think it could be a Normal type.

    I mean, why is everyone so certain that Sylveon comes from Sylph? It most certainly is based on fairies and divine spirits (according to its German and French name), but does the fact that it has ribbons and is lighter than Jolteon really mean it's a flying type? I looked at the trailer and nothing seems to suggest it's a flying type. The way it stands, the attacks it uses - simply nothing. It's color scheme is so pink and familiar that it's almost certainly going to be a Normal type. And the fact that it's a fairy puts it in the Fairy egg group to which cute, pink Pokémon belong. Also, there are several families of Pokémon that belong to this group who are predominantly female, just how Sylveon seems to be.


  21. #9321
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    592

    Default

    I think they will never create a normal eeveelution. Eevee is the normal one, and that's the way how it should stay. If eevee should get an evolution it would just be a bigger eevee, not pink and girly with ribbons.
    My 3DS games:

    - Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

  22. #9322
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the sky with diamonds
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Heh.

    It's funny to leave the forums for twelve hours and come back to see the same arguments regurgitated. 'It's bug because of "Sylv", meaning forestry!' 'No, Sylv is a corruption of Sylph, an air spirit, so it's flying!' 'It's normal because it's pink and has bows!' And of course 'It's a light type! Yay!'

    See what you've done, localisation department? If you just called the darn thing Sylpheon there wouldn't be any confusion.

    I can't believe they're going to drag out this type speculation until CoroCoro next month. That's just mean, y'all. Especially since they dangled Yveltal and Xerneas in front of us back in January and still haven't revealed their typing.
    - Hiatus Notice -

    I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

    I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

    It's been a fun 3 years ~

  23. #9323
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    I think they will never create a normal eeveelution. Eevee is the normal one, and that's the way how it should stay. If eevee should get an evolution it would just be a bigger eevee, not pink and girly with ribbons.
    So a flying type being pink and girly with ribbons makes more sense because ... ?


  24. #9324
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    795

    Default

    To determine the origin of the name and the typing of Sylveon, you need to look at all the International names not just the English name. In the past Eeveelutionss are pretty easy to distinguish the type from the name and/or colour of the pokemon. However Sylveon is pretty ambiguous in terms of colour and its name.

    In the past pinkish pokemon have generally been associated with the normal or psychic typing. Although I'm aware anything is possible, I still think it is highly unlikely that Sylveon will be dual typed or the same type of an existing eeveelution. While normal typing is a possibility, I tend to believe that Eevee is the normal type eeveelution and would prefer if Sylveon did not have normal typing.

    In terms of the name the prefix in all of Sylveon's foreign names:
    Nymph (Japanese, French)- a minor female nature deity typically associated with a particular location or landform. There are 5 different types of nymphs - Celestial Nymphs, Water Nymphs, Land Nymphs, Plant Nymphs and Underworld Nymphs.

    This is very ambiguous as nymphs can be associated with the sky, land, forest, water or underworld leaving open a multitude of type options, although some of them have already been used. This, however, does account for the female appearance of Sylveon and could create the possibility of a female only evolution method.

    Sylvan (English, Italian, Spanish) - A mythical deity or spirit of the woods.

    Obviously nymph could not be used in the English name because of the possible negative connotations of the word. Sylvans, however, are similar to nymphs but are especially associated with the woods/forests. As it is highly unlikely that Sylveon will be a grass type, it's more important to note the similarity with nymphs being that they are both mythical deity or spirits associated with nature.

    Sylph - one of a race of supernatural beings supposed to inhabit the air.

    While there is also the possibility of the sylv- prefix being a corruption of Sylph. This has a much more obvious association with a type, as it clearly would relate to a flying type. Although there are traces of blue in the eyes and the tips of the ribbon, I believe if Sylveon is to be a flying type, there should be a whole lot more sky/light blue in its design. Also Sylphs are often depicted with wings, which are clearly lacking from the design.

    Fee (German) - A fairy (Although there could be a more accurate mythical creature derived from the full name)

    Fairies are mythical creatures often depicted with magical powers.

    All names definitely refer to Sylveon relating to a mythical deity/spirit or creature.
    All names may have some possible reference to flight or the sky

    This leaves a few possibilites for what type Sylveon could be. The secrecy behind the typing tends to suggest to me that it contains a brand new typing most likely a fairy/spirit or similar type. However, if you don't believe there will be any new types in Gen VI then the most likely possibilities would be flying or normal type. Although the pure flying type is rare and would currently be unique to a non-legendary pokemon, there is little reason to keep it a secret. The series is ready for a new type or two and what better way to advertise it than with a new eeveelution.
    Last edited by slowkingsley; 15th February 2013 at 12:55 PM.

    Protect the King

  25. #9325
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    389

    Default

    With the exception of the starters (Even though we could tell what type they were instantly) they've refused to reveal any of the types for the new Pokemon. At least we're guaranteed to see it in March's CoroCoro which has a minimum show showing up in around 22 to 23 days. It may seem long now, but time is really able to fly, especially when February is the shortest month.

    Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

    Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Page 373 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 2733233633693703713723733743753763773834234731373 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •