Page 439 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 3393894294354364374384394404414424434494895391439 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,975 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

I will never have a Pokemon based off a human's supposed ancestor, I don't like the thought of humans coming from Pokemon or vice versa, and I don't like the thought of evolution, in the way of humans coming from monkeys, since Pokemon to me is more of stages in life: Baby/Child < Teenager/YA < Adult/Senior
    Then what do you call pokémon such as Mr.Mime, Gothetelle, Hitmonchan, and Jynx?
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Humaniod. They're inspired by humans, but a caveman is supposedly a direct ancestor to humans, I don't like that thought.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

I will never have a Pokemon based off a human's supposed ancestor, I don't like the thought of humans coming from Pokemon or vice versa, and I don't like the thought of evolution, in the way of humans coming from monkeys, since Pokemon to me is more of stages in life: Baby/Child < Teenager/YA < Adult/Senior
    Well Mew is already said to be the genetic ancestor of Pokémon, so... evolution is and always has been present in a technical sense.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I see what you're saying, but if that's true why is there still a Mew?

I see what you're saying, but if that's true why is there still a Mew?
    Really good survival instinct and long-term seclusion.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    I thought about a defense version of it, but the item would be cool. Or how about this, an item that heals your pokémon when it's hit by a super effective attack.
    You mean the enigma berry?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

A fun, relevant dex entry.

Pokemon Emerald: Kadabra:- "It is rumored that a boy with psychic abilities suddenly transformed into Kadabra while he was assisting research into extrasensory powers. "

I don't usually take pokedex entries too seriously since they've sometimes scraped against each other for a variety of reasons. Realistically thinking, there would have had to be a fine line somewhere in evolution. I remember an old Kanto novel I read for the Pokemon Movie a long way back that said Pokemon came before humans, so evolution is a probable and likely theory (Though this is a series of typical ten year olds fighting their pet animals against each other for sport so there's not that much realism in that regard.)
    Last edited by Bleu; 23rd February 2013 at 12:02 AM.

Serebii lurker since 2006.

Pokemon like Jynx , Mr. Mime, Gotheitlle, Gardevoir , etc. are usually based on entities from Japanese folklore or are said to be spirits or have some type of spiritual or guardian attachment to it.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Enigma Berry? I never even see one of those... okay, an item that's non-consumable (inorganic, for Theif/Trick, etc...), and available in normal gameplay.

I Hope They Still Continue The Lucario/Zoroark Type Pokemon This Region.
    In The Sinnoh Region We Had Lucario. Which Is Based Off Of An Egyptain God Of Funerals, Anubis, Who Has The Head Of A Jackal.
    In The Unova Region We Had Zoroark. Which Is Likely Based Off Of An Kitsune Of Japanese Folklore, A Shape-Shifting Mythical Fox That Would Trick Unsuspecting Travelers For Fun.

Sinnoh Region = Lucario
    Unova Region = Zoroark
    Generation 6 = ?????????

If We Do Have A Pokemon Like Lucario/Zoroark In Generation 6 I Wonder How It Will Look Like.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon1998Ash View Post
    In The Sinnoh Region We Had Lucario. Which Is Based Off Of An Egyptain God Of Funerals, Anubis, Who Has The Head Of A Jackal.
    In The Unova Region We Had Zoroark. Which Is Likely Based Off Of An Kitsune Of Japanese Folklore, A Shape-Shifting Mythical Fox That Would Trick Unsuspecting Travelers For Fun.

Sinnoh Region = Lucario
    Unova Region = Zoroark
    Generation 6 = ?????????

If We Do Have A Pokemon Like Lucario/Zoroark In Generation 6 I Wonder How It Will Look Like.
    You mean like a bipedal canine? Not sure if Zoroark is more classed as a fox, but would love another type of bipedal wolf.

I don't think they will ever have a Pokemon that is supposed to be a human ancestor (and for good reason! That would ruin everything..). You can have a Pokemon that resembles a caveman, but that doesn't mean it's an ancestor

Rock/Fighting Fossil would be cool. I wanted a Plesiosaur (like lapras but different), but then we've had heaps of Rock/Water. A Rock/Dark velociraptor would be nice.

I feel like we already got a triceratops with Shieldon/Bastiodon.

In terms of pairing Rock with other types for Fossils, things like Electric, Ghost, Psychic wouldn't really fit (but would be awesome).

Regardless, we had an ocean and a sky fossil last gen, it's a good bet we'll be getting a land one again.

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by GerudoPrince View Post
    I don't think they will ever have a Pokemon that is supposed to be a human ancestor (and for good reason! That would ruin everything..). You can have a Pokemon that resembles a caveman, but that doesn't mean it's an ancestor

Rock/Fighting Fossil would be cool. I wanted a Plesiosaur (like lapras but different), but then we've had heaps of Rock/Water. A Rock/Dark velociraptor would be nice.

In terms of pairing Rock with other types for Fossils, things like Electric, Ghost, Psychic wouldn't really fit (but would be awesome).

Regardless, we had an ocean and a sky fossil last gen, it's a good bet we'll be getting a land one again.
    Who said the caveman pokemon had to look human? You could have a machop/timburr type pokemon with a club and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon1998Ash View Post

Sinnoh Region = Lucario
    Unova Region = Zoroark
    Generation 6 = ?????????

Duskaman. It's Duskaman!!!

Ihat's what I wanted to explain, thanks. But I do like the pleseasaur idea. I would like to see an Aerodactyl evo/pre evo
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

I honestly though Zoroark was a type of werewolf when I first saw it's debut in the Pokemon Movie Z. If it's a fox, do you perhaps think we'll get a werewolf this generation?

I don't see how it would "ruin everything"; the humans in the story had to come from somewhere. Heck, there's already some implication of a past connection between humans and Pokémon in the hiker's myth from Platinum:

"People and Pokémon, too, were but the same presence.
    As I understand it, people and Pokémon shared the spirit and awareness.
    They should have understood and accepted each other then.
    Because they shared the same spirit, people and Pokémon intermingled.
    People took the place of Pokémon, and the opposite also held true."
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I don't see how it would "ruin everything"; the humans in the story had to come from somewhere. Heck, there's already some implication of a past connection between humans and Pokémon in the hiker's myth from Platinum:

Plus there are 2 pokemon based on pedophiles so a caveman wouldn't be bad at all.
    DRZLy Goodness

Agreed. I'd like to see something as agile and offensive as Aerodactyl, but on land this time. Perhaps the pre-evo could be a gallimimus, which is somewhat similar to a velociraptor.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya the Awesome
    Enigma Berry? I never even see one of those... okay, an item that's non-consumable (inorganic, for Theif/Trick, etc...), and available in normal gameplay.
    http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/enigmaberry.shtml
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by DRZLing View Post
    Plus there are 2 pokemon based on pedophiles so a caveman wouldn't be bad at all.
    Um... no, there aren't. That's stereotyping on the part of the fandom.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Um... no, there aren't. That's stereotyping on the part of the fandom.
    Drozee and Hypno are subliminaly pedophiles look at their dex entries and i think they like childrens dreams better if they aren't supposed to be pedophiles i dont know what they are and they should also change the dex entries to something less subliminal.
    DRZLy Goodness

I think that quote is more about humans and Pokemon having the same goals/aims/ideals/wanting to live in harmony etc. but it could mean anything.

I guess evolution in the real world ties animals and humans together...I just find it a weird concept in the Pokemon world (now added to a long list of weird concepts hahaha)

Another idea: like the Zangoose/Seviper rivalry, what about a giant squid/sperm whale rivalry?

And I think a Narwhal based Pokemon would be pretty cool.

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by DRZLing View Post
    Drozee and Hypno are subliminaly pedophiles look at their dex entries and i think they like childrens dreams better if they aren't supposed to be pedophiles i dont know what they are and they should also change the dex entries to something less subliminal.
    Drowzee is a tapir and Hypno is a hypnotist. Why on Earth would Game Freak deliberately make a Pokémon that is supposed to equate to a sick, depraved criminal? That's completely illogical.

EDIT: And according to Bulbapedia, they're based off of dream-eating spirits from Japanese folklore known as baku.
    Last edited by Endolise; 23rd February 2013 at 12:29 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

It would be interesting to have a porcupine pokemon. And for anyone going to say "say hellos sandshrew and sandslash" they are shrews and Shaymin is a hedgehog.
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Drowzee is a tapir and Hypno is a hypnotist. Why on Earth would Game Freak deliberately make a Pokémon that is supposed to equate to a sick, depraved criminal? That's completely illogical.

EDIT: And according to Bulbapedia, they're based off of dream-eating spirits from Japanese folklore known as baku.
    well you learn something new everyday
    btw it would be cool to have a black bear pokemon, a flamingo, and a hammer head shark pokemon imo.
    DRZLy Goodness

Page 439 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 3393894294354364374384394404414424434494895391439 ... LastLast