Page 486 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 3864364764824834844854864874884894904965365861486 ... LastLast
Results 12,126 to 12,150 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    i dont think those were bad names.
    The same thing would be said if for example 5th gn was in the place of the 1st gen. I never had any complaints of the names. I'm stating that some names arn' as great as the ones that may be released. Then again, this is being said every time a new gen is introduced
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    The same thing would be said if for example 5th gn was in the place of the 1st gen. I never had any complaints of the names. I'm stating that some names arn' as great as the ones that may be released. Then again, this is being said every time a new gen is introduced
    but these arent official names though.
    Last edited by adl222; 4th March 2013 at 12:05 AM.
    team_magma93

but these arent official names though.
    Again, nobody said that they were official, I said "if" they were official. Even if they aren't the same thing would be said

I do maintain thhat Gyarados should have keep Skullkraken at its name. This is really to awesome to pass....
    Well, the game we had were still better than the japanese one for Gen 1.
    Even if Onyx and Golem, and electrode aren't really imaginative name...

Yeah, I'll consider this as Fake too...

Again, nobody said that they were official, I said "if" they were official. Even if they aren't the same thing would be said
    you have a point. there are always a small amount of people that always complain about the names every generation, but with these the majority hates them. i also dont like the names but i dont take them serious so...
    team_magma93

Did I say they're good names? No. Compare that To Krabby, Muk, hell, even Hoppip, those aren't great names either
    Edit: If yo're not going to play due to some names, I suggest you don't play at all or just get used to the names if they are confirmed
    Only quoting this one post, but to the whole name discussion in general...

Many of the names in Gen 1 sucked. All right, we can get that out of the way? The ones the quoted post mentioned, plus things like Caterpie, Kakuna, Ekans and Arbok, Ninetales, Primape, etc. all show a real lack of... well, thought. They just kind of go right at it: this pokemon resembles a snake, so let's flip the word snake around and call it that. Compare those names to the names from Gens IV and V. Now, those were very interesting, very complex names. In the English translations, they draw off Latin roots, they reveal something about the nature of the pokemon. Face it, Garbodor is a far superior name to Muk, your feelings on those two pokemon aside.

The names that were leaked sound very much like names given to fakemon, pretty basic and nothing special. The localization teams spend a long time thinking up names for pokemon, months really. These sound like they were put together in a few weeks, something like a wish fulfillment dex. The era of dumb pokemon names is largely over, and these (likely fake) names are just not up to standard with what GF usually puts out.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

you have a point. there are always a small amount of people that always complain about the names every generation, but with these the majority hates them. i also dont like the names but i dont take them serious so...
    It all started with a question (look at a page or two back) and all of a sudden it got to this point. As I stated then, I am not defending the names that may be used. Just asked a question and started to state my opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Only quoting this one post, but to the whole name discussion in general...

Many of the names in Gen 1 sucked. All right, we can get that out of the way? The ones the quoted post mentioned, plus things like Caterpie, Kakuna, Ekans and Arbok, Ninetales, Primape, etc. all show a real lack of... well, thought. They just kind of go right at it: this pokemon resembles a snake, so let's flip the word snake around and call it that. Compare those names to the names from Gens IV and V. Now, those were very interesting, very complex names. In the English translations, they draw off Latin roots, they reveal something about the nature of the pokemon. Face it, Garbodor is a far superior name to Muk, your feelings on those two pokemon aside.

The names that were leaked sound very much like names given to fakemon, pretty basic and nothing special. The localization teams spend a long time thinking up names for pokemon, months really. These sound like they were put together in a few weeks, something like a wish fulfillment dex. The era of dumb pokemon names is largely over, and these (likely fake) names are just not up to standard with what GF usually puts out.
    am i the only one that has never had a problem with the pokemon names lol
    yes 1st generation names were very generic but atleast i dint think there were bad. plus you have to give them some slack it was there first time.
    team_magma93

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfatih View Post
    Some of the Mr.XY's Pokemon reminded me the fakemon I've seen before:

Hamishmash's design:
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ne-d3997vv.png

Hamishmash's design:
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ne-d3b2vzh.jpg

higashijuly's design:
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/d1cf54e6a...7u8ro1_400.jpg
    The split flaffy evo is amazing tho
    For everyone who likes stories you can read my first ever fan-fic here!

]

Me gusta a tank pokemon.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfatih View Post
    Some of the Mr.XY's Pokemon reminded me the fakemon I've seen before:

Hamishmash's design:
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ne-d3997vv.png

Hamishmash's design:
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ne-d3b2vzh.jpg

higashijuly's design:
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/d1cf54e6a...7u8ro1_400.jpg
    im so glad someone posted this because i was thinking the same thing.
    i never believed the so called "rumors" so i was thinking that all those pokemon that he claimed he could have easily seen them online out of the millions of fakemon out there.

im sure he said something about a bug pokemon with wings that looked like tainted windows
    http://nebo-dude2.deviantart.com/art...emon-252695906
    team_magma93

I'm really interested with the steel mouse. If it's real, I would use it on my team

I find it suspicious that Game Freak would design a dachshund Pokemon and not have done enough research to make it at least part Ground-type. That alone is enough for me to distrust Mr. XY's list.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Bubbaboom? Hoondoomed? Garbarge? Those AREN'T good names!
    Some names from the previous Generation aren't good either, but like I said before, GameFreak can't make the same mistake twice in a row!
    You could always you know

Nickname the Pokemon

It's not that hard really.

I don't think any names are bad at all. Each describe the Pokemon well personally.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post

Nickname the Pokemon

I don't think any names are bad at all. Each describe the Pokemon well personally.
    Thank you!

There's actually quite a bit more to some of these names than people are giving credit for. Take Snomanitan - it sounds like a crude amalgamation with half of an existing Poke's name, until you take into account that 'snowman' is 'yukidaruma' in Japanese. Some of the names err on the silly side, but there's a handful like that in every generation, the Klinklang line being a prime example recently (I don't necessarily dislike what they did there, but it certainly broke from their normal naming conventions). I don't really see anything about this list in and of itself that makes me question its' veracity except for the comprehensive nature of it so far from release and the lack of a few dead-certs (the supposed 'Z' serpent Poke and the 600BST event Poke, which I'm guessing will be a squirrel).
    Last edited by Scammel; 4th March 2013 at 1:04 AM.

Nickname the Pokemon

I know it's not hard, I usually nickname them anyway. But I refer to them by their real name.
    And plus, if these are real, we don't know what they look like. They could refer to something completely different.
    Like Toilite is actually a toilet! If this is true, I would name it Toilet. If it isn't even a toilet, I'll still name it Toilet .
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Thank you!
    You are welcome.

Anyways do you all think X and Y might give some Pokemon older moves that they couldn't obtain before like Air Slash Mantine in BW2? I'm hoping that Landorus and Thundurus gets Air Slash, Aerodactyl Head Smash and Earthquake Serperior/Samurott. And Rapid Spin Scrafty anyone? It's based off of a street thug and some of them in real life tend to have dance offs and do Head Spins.

Another point - 'Ramzeez' makes perfect sense as a Flaaffy alternate evo. Ampharos, anyone? As in, the Pharos of Alexandria, the famous lighthouse? Lots of word play going on there.

Nickname the Pokemon

there are a lot of bad names
    i mean like you said you said it fits them and you can always nickname them

You are welcome.

Anyways do you all think X and Y might give some Pokemon older moves that they couldn't obtain before like Air Slash Mantine in BW2? I'm hoping that Landorus and Thundurus gets Air Slash, Aerodactyl Head Smash and Earthquake Serperior/Samurott. And Rapid Spin Scrafty anyone? It's based off of a street thug and some of them in real life tend to have dance offs and do Head Spins.
    I really hope so, because some pokémon got screwef out of the moves that they can learn or should've learned

You are welcome.

on that topic i think flareon should learn flare blitz
    also i feel like aerodactyl should learn head smash

*Dumb voice* Samurott should learn shell smash!(not really) Actually....I think he should learn outrage, glare , hammer arm and howl. But I do think that The Weavile line should relearn Dynamicpunch

*Dumb voice* Samurott should learn shell smash!(not really) Actually....I think he should learn outrage, glare , hammer arm and howl. But I do think that The Weavile line should relearn Dynamicpunch
    shell smash would be so cool for him to learn though!
    then again he already is pretty good but is way outclassed by feraligatr IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    shell smash would be so cool for him to learn though!
    then again he already is pretty good but is way outclassed by feraligatr IMO
    At least give him something to raise hi derenses or better yet calm mind so he can run grass knot or hidden power grass

Page 486 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 3864364764824834844854864874884894904965365861486 ... LastLast