Page 494 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 3944444844904914924934944954964974985045445941494 ... LastLast
Results 12,326 to 12,350 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by edu1987 View Post
    maybe a location type evolving, like only at forests at night
    Old pokemon can' evolve that way, believe me i tried leveling them up in a forest at night, they do not evolve.

Yeah for old pokemon to evolve they need a NEW way (lickylicky is the exception i think) to evolve, the easiest way is to create a new attack and when they learn it they evolve.

Although new pokemon can have old way to evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    Aerodactyl?
    Yeah, that's the only exception, but it isn't part of the traditional fossil pair that you can choose from in the course of the game, which both have an evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    I thought of a new gimmick Pokemon:
    A Pokemon who changes type randomly every turn! It's ability: Type-Swap. Starts as ??? Type the first turn and then becomes a new type. It's only move is a new signature move that is a weaker Judgement with 90 BP, 20 PP (Min), and changes with user's type!
    or it could just be normal type
    that would be easier
    but that does sound like a cool pokemon
    give him high speed
    just think about it he starts as normal and someone tries to use a fighting move to counter him
    but oh he changed into ghost and doesn't affect him

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I thought of a new gimmick Pokemon:
    A Pokemon who changes type randomly every turn! It's ability: Type-Swap. Starts as ??? Type the first turn and then becomes a new type. It's only move is a new signature move that is a weaker Judgement with 90 BP, 20 PP (Min), and changes with user's type!
    Give it at least ability to status or stat changing moves and it could be pretty usable. When I first read it I thought it was leading into something like Kecleon to be honest.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

i really think arbok needs an evo
    he is just so useless

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    he is just so useless
    You mean "it", not "he". Arbok isn't a male-only species. About its uselessness, well, so are a lot of Pokémon. I'd like an evolution for it, but not because "it is useless".

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

You mean "it", not "he". Arbok isn't a male-only species. About its uselessness, well, so are a lot of Pokémon. I'd like an evolution for it, but not because "it is useless".
    i never said he was male-only you take me too seriously -_-
    and actually not that many are ariados has some use ledian has none
    neither does arbok
    heck dunsparce has its uses arbok in useless

Ask me stupid stuff

he is just so useless
    I had no clue.

Arbok is NOT useless and why say he is without backing up your statement? Just run Coil/Gunk Shot/Earthquake/Crunch and you got yourself a monster. Honestly, Poison types get a bad rep like this:
    Ubers- 1/0 (If you count Arceus-Poison as one)
    OU- 4 (All are dual-typed)
    UU- 3 (All of them are dual-typed)
    RU- 5 (All of which are dual-typed)
    NU- 16 (6 of which are single-typed)

See? Poison automatically gets put down. While like Dragon/Steel are almost always either in OU/Ubers.

I had no clue.

Arbok is NOT useless and why say he is without backing up your statement? Just run Coil/Gunk Shot/Earthquake/Crunch and you got yourself a monster. Honestly, Poison types get a bad rep like this:
    Ubers- 1/0 (If you count Arceus-Poison as one)
    OU- 4 (All are dual-typed)
    UU- 3 (All of them are dual-typed)
    RU- 5 (All of which are dual-typed)
    NU- 16 (6 of which are single-typed)

See? Poison automatically gets put down. While like Dragon/Steel are almost always either in OU/Ubers.
    i know poison needs help
    but arbok doesn't have good enough stats to back that move set up
    which is why he is in the NU

Ask me stupid stuff

^ I care to disagree with Adamant+252 Att+31 Attack+One Coil makes his attack= 442. That is pretty good, backed by a now near perfect accuracy Gunk Shot with STAB and it is great!

I'm sure Arbok is plenty useful in-game, just like most(Nearly all) Pokemon are. Whether or not they are useful for competitive battling, I highly doubt Game Freak really cares.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

^ I care to disagree with Adamant+252 Att+31 Attack+One Coil makes his attack= 442. That is pretty good, backed by a now near perfect accuracy Gunk Shot with STAB and it is great!
    yeah like gliscor&yanmega said arbok is good in game but is horrible competitively

Ask me stupid stuff

^ It is not it was what I am saying though.

Poison types are great ingame. I'm not sure if they get put down in anything other than competative. Poison types are better suited as tanks and stalling most of the time. As long as you use their strengths they are perfectly usable.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

yeah like gliscor&yanmega said arbok is good in game but is horrible competitively
    I'm saying more that Game Freak doesn't care about what is good or not in competitive battling, they'll give an evolution to whoever they want. I just don't think calling a Pokemon useless in terms of competitive battling is really a valid reason for a Pokemon to "need" an evolution. I'd imagine the whole competitive aspect of Pokemon isn't much of a priority for Game Freak, they just want to create stuff people will like, they probably know people will exploit the Pokemon and make them competitive anyways, so they don't have to really bother with it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Guys, do you think Sylveon is the only Eevelution this generation, or can I still hope for another one?

I also really want Pachirisu to evolve. I mean, it doesn't learn Hiper Beam! That practically screams "I'm not fully grown yet!"
    "Me writer. Have gift with words."

Well, if you notice, all the pokemon that got evolutions in Gen4 were from Kanto (except Yanmega).

So maybe, if they were giving evolutions to pokemon, they would probably disregard Kanto, and give evolutions to pokemon from Johto or Hoenn instead.

What do you guys think?

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Poison-types could definitely use better representation. The only notable ones I can think of are Nidoking and Nidoqueen. The rest... They're decent enough, but considering that Poisons are extremely dangerous in the real world you'd think it might be reflected better in game.

I hope we get that Poison/Dragon Komodo everyone seems to want this generation. Maybe not as the Pseudo-legendary though.
    What might be cool is if there was a Poison-type Gila Monster Pokemon that then evolves into the Komodo (I believe that's been mentioned before), both having purple scales with orange patches.

Also, a bit off topic, it'd be nice if the Poison-type as a whole got buffed. One thing I can think of is that they should regain their strength against Bug-types (Bug Spray, anyone? It's basically just toxic fumes).
    Another thing that might be useful would be if a certain Poison-type move could temporarily remove the Steel's resistance to Poison, much in the same way that Roost temporarily removes the users Flying-type, except usable on the opponent, and lasting for a few more turns. The perfect candidate for this would most likely be Acid. It's even called "Corrosive Liquid" in Japan, it just makes sense. That alone would have a serious affect on the usefulness of Poison-types and Poison-type moves, as it would allow Toxic to be used on Steel-types, but only after Acid has been used on them.

As I said, a bit off topic, but it would mean that some older Pokemon could be improved without the need for unecessary evolutions. There are quite a few Pokemon that are a bit too weak to be real threats and with an evolution would be made insane with Eviolite.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Well, if you notice, all the pokemon that got evolutions in Gen4 were from Kanto (except Yanmega).
    Togekiss, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Frosslass, Roserade, Gallade, Weavile, Probopass, Dusknoir, Porygon-Zare a few that you missed, there may be more.

However, I agree with your main point. Generation 3, 4 and 5 need some love too.
    Last edited by ShadowKreach; 5th March 2013 at 4:02 PM.

Being that my top four types are Psychic, Dark, Ghost, and Bug, I would like to see a new:

Bug, Dark, Ghost, Poison, or Rock/Psychic-type variation.
    [Better] Ground, [Better] Water, Dark, or Ice/Bug-type.
    Grass, Fighting, Ground, Electric, [Better] Bug, Normal, Ice, or Rock/Dark type.

So maybe, if they were giving evolutions to pokemon, they would probably disregard Kanto, and give evolutions to pokemon from Johto or Hoenn instead.

What do you guys think?
    Well, there were actually a lot of additional Johto and Hoenn evolutions: Togekiss, Ambipom, Mismagius, Honchrow, Mantyke, Weavile, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Roserade, Gallade, Probopass, Dusknoir and Froslass.

That being said, I could still see them adding even more Hoenn evolutions to open up the door for a R/S reboot after X and Y.
    Alpha Sapphire Team:
    Omega Ruby Team:

Friend Code: 0259-1695-4473 (Scott)
    Friend Safari: Steel - Ferroseed, Klang, Excadrill
    X Pokedex: 718/718 - Completed 2/17/14 (Need an Arceus. PM me with offers!)
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by SoulOfSilver View Post
    Well, there were actually a lot of additional Johto and Hoenn evolutions: Togekiss, Ambipom, Mismagius, Honchrow, Mantyke, Weavile, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Roserade, Gallade, Probopass, Dusknoir and Froslass.

That being said, I could still see them adding even more Hoenn evolutions to open up the door for a R/S reboot after X and Y.
    I can't believe I forgot all those pokemon. Still, there are very few Hoenn evolutions. So more focus on Hoenn for X and Y maybe?

But if you notice, all those pokemon (I think) needed a special method to evolve. Why is that?

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post
    Also, a bit off topic, it'd be nice if the Poison-type as a whole got buffed. One thing I can think of is that they should regain their strength against Bug-types (Bug Spray, anyone? It's basically just toxic fumes).
    Another thing that might be useful would be if a certain Poison-type move could temporarily remove the Steel's resistance to Poison, much in the same way that Roost temporarily removes the users Flying-type, except usable on the opponent, and lasting for a few more turns. The perfect candidate for this would most likely be Acid. It's even called "Corrosive Liquid" in Japan, it just makes sense. That alone would have a serious affect on the usefulness of Poison-types and Poison-type moves, as it would allow Toxic to be used on Steel-types, but only after Acid has been used on them.
    To add to this, maybe make Stockpile a buff to Poison-type attacks such Acid, Gastric Acid, Gunk Shot, and Sludge Bomb.

I'm hoping for a Ghost/Flying Raven Pokemon, kind of as an alternative counterpart to Murkrow. Graven!

What do you guys think?
    sorry to burst your bubble but misdreavus, murkrow, togetic, piloswine, kirlia, snorunt, sneasel and probably some others got evolutions and weren't from kanto.
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I'm hoping for a Ghost/Flying Raven Pokemon, kind of as an alternative counterpart to Murkrow. Graven!
    Interesting concept. I would like a more raven-like Pokemon as well. Honchkrow just didn't cut it for me.
    "Me writer. Have gift with words."

Page 494 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 3944444844904914924934944954964974985045445941494 ... LastLast